DarkaneRules
10 years ago
Damn that's a lot of people
Circular Arguments: They are a heck of an annoyance
play2win
10 years ago
On Adrian Hubbard:

8/14/13: Hubbard won the starting spot to replace Upshaw at Sam linebacker last year following the latter's departure for the NFL. Hubbard ended up being Alabama's best pass-rusher last year and it looked like he was just scratching the surface of his potential. The sophomore totaled 41 tackles, 11 tackles for a loss, seven sacks, three forced fumbles and a pass batted.

Hubbard is very quick and is a physical player. He will be a great fit in a 3-4 defense. Last year was Hubbard's first season of significant playing time, and he should be even better as a junior with the year of experience under his belt. Adding some more weight to fill out his frame could help Hubbard's overall game.

http://walterfootball.com/draft2014OLB3-4.php 

Projected R3-R5.
uffda udfa
10 years ago
This clip is neither here nor there, but I found it a little comical based on the color guy's commentary. This is our new UDFA LB from Utah State.... Speed the same as Davante Adams, plays ILB at under 230. You don't see many plays like this one...

UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

uffda udfa
10 years ago
If you want to have some fun watching a guy with some real juice which is the kind of guy I love (sounds terrible) but you know what I mean... Watch this kid... I had to watch the whole thing, twice, after I saw it. It was that enjoyable. It might be the crazy rubbing off from bantering with play2win, but this kid will make this team if Franklin is done. He's a lot like Harris, but this kid is an all around weapon. In the 3 minute portion on toward the end, this kid makes plays like a WR. He's a fiery, shifty, Sproles like guy... a lot like Harris but seems to be more versatile with the receiving skills. Shoot, he may beat out Harris. Sit back and tell me if this guy ain't 5'7 he isn't drafted up with the top RB's.

UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

play2win
10 years ago

This clip is neither here nor there, but I found it a little comical based on the color guy's commentary. This is our new UDFA LB from Utah State.... Speed the same as Davante Adams, plays ILB at under 230. You don't see many plays like this one...

Originally Posted by: uffda udfa 

Yeah, that was a great pop!

Looking at some of these guys, I really like :
Perkins at RB
Hubbard at OLB
Raijon Neal at RB
Pennel at NT
sschind
10 years ago
Like I said in another thread, you could probably put together this same highlight reel for every running back that was ever signed to an NFL contract. Its fun to watch but it really doesn't tell you much.

I seem to recall you uffda saying how the film posted on Thornton didn't leave you all that inspired and that is fine but what would you think if they posted film of this guy and all the times he got stuffed behind the line or fumbled the ball? would you still think so highly of him?

Highlight reels make everyone look like a first rounder.
play2win
10 years ago

If you want to have some fun watching a guy with some real juice which is the kind of guy I love (sounds terrible) but you know what I mean... Watch this kid... I had to watch the whole thing, twice, after I saw it. It was that enjoyable. It might be the crazy rubbing off from bantering with play2win, but this kid will make this team if Franklin is done. He's a lot like Harris, but this kid is an all around weapon. In the 3 minute portion on toward the end, this kid makes plays like a WR. He's a fiery, shifty, Sproles like guy... a lot like Harris but seems to be more versatile with the receiving skills. Shoot, he may beat out Harris. Sit back and tell me if this guy ain't 5'7 he isn't drafted up with the top RB's.

Woah!!!! No! No crazy there uffs!

Count me a HUGE LaDarius Perkins fan! I like this kid A LOT!!! And, you're right. The kid can be good as a slot WR. What a find!
play2win
10 years ago

Like I said in another thread, you could probably put together this same highlight reel for every running back that was ever signed to an NFL contract. Its fun to watch but it really doesn't tell you much.

I seem to recall you uffda saying how the film posted on Thornton didn't leave you all that inspired and that is fine but what would you think if they posted film of this guy and all the times he got stuffed behind the line or fumbled the ball? would you still think so highly of him?

Originally Posted by: sschind 

But, it is damn fun to watch...
uffda udfa
10 years ago

Originally Posted by: sschind 

I get it. I do. However, there are things you can glean from watching his reel. His pass catching skills are off the charts. Catches the ball with ease. Looks so natural. I can envision him out of the backfield and not just on little swings. This guy can get deep and make big plays. He has natural shiftiness...not a straight line speed guy. Has excellent acceleration/burst. Plays with passion and fights to go forward like he never wants to touch the ground.

And, you're right...I could take many clips of Eddie Lacy getting stuffed and many of him running over people. Barry Sanders used to get shutdown for most of whole games and then he'd just pop one.

In watching him, he has some real admirable qualities...more than usual. He was hurt last year...ankle injury and had a subpar season. Think James Starks injured vs. James Starks healthy. He was tremendous as a junior and is one of those nifty all purpose change of pace guys and 3rd down options. Can he pass block? It is said he isn't shy but MAY be limited due to his size. That is his knock...not quite 5'8...that reel was a lying he isn't 5'10.

Overall, in our offense, I think he could be incredible. We spread it out often and him in space is a tantalizing thought. He can add a dimension in the passing game and maybe pick up some slack with our loss of Finley. Did you actually watch him? A better version of Tyrell Sutton and a more complete guy than DaJuan Harris, whom I also love. Perkins looks like he's a better football player than Harris but Harris runs crazy and is just as fast or faster. Love both those guys.

Just a little bit on me...I watch a lot of these YouTube clips and I don't come running over here gushing about any of them. This guy really got me fired up. I think I've watched the clip 6-7 times just to be sure I loved it as much as I think I did...and I do. I think he has a legit shot at 53 if he can play ST's well.

UserPostedImage

play2win
10 years ago

I get it. I do. However, there are things you can glean from watching his reel. His pass catching skills are off the charts. Catches the ball with ease. Looks so natural. I can envision him out of the backfield and not just on little swings. This guy can get deep and make big plays. He has natural shiftiness...not a straight line speed guy. Has excellent acceleration/burst. Plays with passion and fights to go forward like he never wants to touch the ground.

And, you're right...I could take many clips of Eddie Lacy getting stuffed and many of him running over people. Barry Sanders used to get shutdown for most of whole games and then he'd just pop one.

In watching him, he has some real admirable qualities...more than usual. He was hurt last year...ankle injury and had a subpar season. Think James Starks injured vs. James Starks healthy. He was tremendous as a junior and is one of those nifty all purpose change of pace guys and 3rd down options. Can he pass block? It is said he isn't shy but MAY be limited due to his size. That is his knock...not quite 5'8...that reel was a lying he isn't 5'10.

Overall, in our offense, I think he could be incredible. We spread it out often and him in space is a tantalizing thought. He can add a dimension in the passing game and maybe pick up some slack with our loss of Finley. Did you actually watch him? A better version of Tyrell Sutton and a more complete guy than DaJuan Harris, whom I also love. Perkins looks like he's a better football player than Harris but Harris runs crazy and is just as fast or faster. Love both those guys.

Just a little bit on me...I watch a lot of these YouTube clips and I don't come running over here gushing about any of them. This guy really got me fired up. I think I've watched the clip 6-7 times just to be sure I loved it as much as I think I did...and I do. I think he has a legit shot at 53 if he can play ST's well.

I agree.

I have always been a huge Sproles fan. I've been wanting TED to add this dimension of player to our team. Wanted DeAnthony Thomas or Jeremy Gallon. More Gallon because I thought he could back up Cobb in the slot.

This Perkins kid can do it all. Kind of like Cobb. Would love to see him make it.
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (2h) : $170 guaranteed. This might impact Jordan Love
Zero2Cool (2h) : Lions are signing QB Jared Goff to a four-year, $212 million extension
Zero2Cool (5h) : I know we moved on. That tidbit just makes me a touch happier.
Zero2Cool (5h) : Sources spoke of many, many times last summer where Hackett called a play, then Rodgers changed it completely at the line
Martha Careful (10-May) : 1. this is true of all our linemen. 2. His run block is fine. 3. If all OL played like he has, we would win SB.
beast (10-May) : Meyers pass blocking is really good, his run blocking is really not.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : Packers have claimed DE Spencer Waege off of waivers from the 49ers and waived DT Rodney Mathews.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : And the OL protections seem to be good.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : I really don't know lol. I don't see him getting blown up.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : -3 buwahhhahaaha
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : 4th
Zero2Cool (9-May) : because he's 1st
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : Myers isn't even the 3rd best C on the roster atm
Martha Careful (9-May) : I am not sure I understand the Myers hate. He was consistently our third best lineman. RG and LT were worse.
beast (9-May) : Just saying I don't think moving Myers would help Myers.
beast (9-May) : Center is usually considered the easiest position physically if you can handle the snap stuff.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : Bust it is then
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Context. Sounds like Myers won't be cross-trained. C or bust.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : @BookOfEli_NFL Packers pass game coordinator, Jason Vrable said that Jayden Reed and Dontayvion Wicks shared a placed in Florida while train
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : For now...
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers go about evaluating their "best five," OL coach Luke Butkus makes on thing clear: "Josh Myers is our center."
beast (8-May) : Though I'm a bit surprised letting go of CBs, I thought we needed more not less
beast (8-May) : It was confusing with two DB Anthony Johnson anyways
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers actually had Ray Lewis on the phone.
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers wanted to draft Ray Lewis. Ravens stole him.
Martha Careful (6-May) : Happy 93rd Birthday to the Greatest Baseball Player of All-Time...Willie Mays
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Walter Stanely's son
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : and released CB Anthony Johnson and DL Deandre Johnson and waived/injured WR Thyrick Pitts (thigh-rick).
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : The Green Bay Packers have signed WR Julian Hicks, OL Lecitus Smith (luh-SEET-us) and WR Dimitri Stanley
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Petty, but it's annoying me how the NFL is making the schedule release an event.
Mucky Tundra (4-May) : @mattschneidman Matt LaFleur on how he tore his pec: “Got in a fight with the bench press. I lost.”
Zero2Cool (3-May) : Jordan Love CAN sign an extension as of today. Might tak weeks/months though
TheKanataThrilla (3-May) : Packers decline 5th year option for Stokes
Mucky Tundra (3-May) : @ProFootballTalk Jaylen Warren: Steelers' special teams coach has discussed Justin Fields returning kicks.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Season officially ending tonight for Bucks ... sad face
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Giannis Antetokounmpo is listed as out for tonight's game.
dfosterf (2-May) : Surprisingly low initially is my guess cap wise, but gonna pay the piper after that
dfosterf (2-May) : The number on Love is going to be brutal.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : May 3rd. Extension day for Jordan Love. (soonest)
Zero2Cool (1-May) : USFL MVP QB Alex McGough moved to WR. So that's why no WR drafted!
earthquake (1-May) : Packers draft starters at safety ever few years. Collins, Clinton-Dix, Savage
beast (1-May) : Why can't the rookies be a day 1 starter? Especially when we grabbed 3 of them at the position
dfosterf (1-May) : Not going to be shocked if Gilmore goes to the Lions.
dfosterf (1-May) : I hear you dhazer, but my guess would be Gilmore Colts and Howard Vikings from what little has been reported.
Mucky Tundra (30-Apr) : S learn from McKinney who learns from Hafley who learns from the fans. Guaranteed Super Bowl
Zero2Cool (30-Apr) : could*
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Safeties should learn from Xavier.
dhazer (29-Apr) : And what about grabbing a Gilmore or Howard at CB ? Those are all Free Agents left
dhazer (29-Apr) : out of curiosity do they try and sign Simmons or Hyde to let these young safeties learn from, they can't be day 1 starters.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : I miss having Sam Shields.
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2024 Packers Schedule
Recent Topics
15m / Green Bay Packers Talk / dhazer

10h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

12-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

11-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

10-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

10-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

9-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

5-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.