steveishere
10 years ago

Oh, no steveishere. The secondary sucked. So did our DL. So did our LBs. They all work together, as you are probably alluding to, but they sucked. They all sucked.

And Harrell!!!! Holy shit, did he look awful. WTF Mike McCarthy? THAT's where you are in your preparation???? Wow. Could not be more underwhelming, disappointing or SOFT!!!! Way to get that fixed Mike!

Originally Posted by: play2win 

Chris Banjo didn't suck, Sam Barrington didn't suck, Mike Daniels and Johnny Jolly didn't suck. That's the problem with getting yourself emotionally charged over a frickin preseason game. It doesn't matter 1 bit how the team plays as a group not even a little. You are acting like a crazy person.
Mr_Bumpy
10 years ago
It was cool seeing Jolly get some good push. He was in on a lot of good defensive plays.
RainX
10 years ago
imo, the backup job is VY's to lose. This is Harrell's third year in the system now and he really looks no better than a year ago. Still has happy feet and accuracy leaves a lot to be desired. Young wasn't stellar either admittedly, but the guy has been here all of a week and was still able to make a few plays. The mobility he brings could be a valuable asset and could potentially add a few wrinkles to the offense as well as help the defense prepare for more mobile QBs. He can continue to learn the offense in the regular season while backing up Rodgers. Coleman is pretty much a non-factor. He's pretty much PS or bust at this point.
blank
dhpackr
10 years ago
IMO, our "D" truly sucked...no pass rush, no coverage down field, if it were a real game we would've gotten whopped.

Even with D. Jones, there was no pressure on the QB. Jolly looked good against back-ups, only reason he makes the team is cause we have no depth on DL.

The return game for GB is terrible.

Not concerned about offense, the defense is dismal. We face two Mobil QB's the first two games, need to see some pass rush from the front line.

Az. had no problem moving the ball against our #1 "D" IMO.
So if you meet me Have some courtesy, Have some sympathy, and some taste
Use all your well-learned politesse, Or I'll lay your soul to waste
DarkaneRules
10 years ago
Good point about special teams DHPackr. I forgot how glaring of a weakness that looked like. Bad decisions and bad blocking.

I will say that one of my biggest disappointments last nights was down field blocking. Honestly, a lot of people just looked lost out there. Cut downs will be VERY easy this year.
Circular Arguments: They are a heck of an annoyance
play2win
10 years ago

Chris Banjo didn't suck, Sam Barrington didn't suck, Mike Daniels and Johnny Jolly didn't suck. That's the problem with getting yourself emotionally charged over a frickin preseason game. It doesn't matter 1 bit how the team plays as a group not even a little. You are acting like a crazy person.

Originally Posted by: steveishere 

"Crazy person?" Really?

Did I like some of the things I saw from Barrington, Boyd, Jolly and Daniels? Sure. Did they do anything significant to alter the game in our favor? Banjo? Really? You are sounding like you are jumping up and down because the kid made a play...

Really, what did they do to apply pressure, create great coverage, bat down balls, tackle, sack, block, catch? Did we create any turnovers? Did we score any points?C'mon...

James Jones made a nice catch. Fine. Aaron Rodgers threw some nice passes. Fine. I expected that. I didn't expect the rest of the team, minus Bakhtiari and Walker to look like dog shit, same for the coaching staff, who clearly had an unprepared team taking Lambeau Field, once again...

I expected more, way more. Your expectations are obviously different. That's fine. I just disagreed with you. It was preseason, and the world is not going to end. But, our first round pick was injured on his first and only play, when strength & conditioning was an emphasis going into the year... I find their display, as a team, and as a staff who was supposed to prepare their team last night incredibly disheartening.
Dulak
10 years ago

I thought the RBs looked good. Starks and Franklin anyway.

Defense was ok. Pass defense struggled a bit, run D was ok. Be interesting to see the stats.

If our QBs didnt completely blow chunks, the team would have looked MUCH better. Agreed though that Young showed potential.

Originally Posted by: nerdmann 

I agree - If anything I thought our run D looked MUCH better then in the past. People didn't get to far in the running game; But ... our passing defense looking pathetic. How many plays did Arizona get that were 20 yards plus on us? ... let alone with all their backups? ... our backups could hardly connect in 5 yard plays.

I seriously don't want to see Harrell on our team; Id like to see what young can do; Id take him aside and tell him he has a chance to be the backup; but only if he learns the plays and shows that he can do it (on and off the field) ... and then see how he does.

I liked our RBs! Well starks and franklin; TE Williams dropped 2; bleh.

buckeyepackfan
10 years ago
Wow,

Do some of you realize that what you were watching last night is not what you are going to be watching in a few weeks?

Last nights game was Graham Harrel's chance to prove he can back up Rodgers.
He failed miserably, had a few nice passes, but could not sustain a drive and the 2 turnovers probably killed his chances.

I am betting, next game Aaron will play a drive or maybe 2, then we will see B.J Coleman come in and it will be his shot at the backup spot.

As this is all happening Vince Young hopefully will be getting mora and more comfortable in the system.
He will get a chance to show if he has progressed after Coleman plays as Harrell played last night.

Game 3 will be tuneup game for The Starters, they will probably , as normal, go into the 3rd quarter before sitting.

Game 4 will be Vince Youngs chance to really win the backup job.
Already, as someone already said, it is his to lose, but Mike will give Coleman his shot. Unless B.J. really shows something, looks like another year to the practice squad.

The Defense DID NOT SUCK...try to realize after the 1st unit went out, Dom was putting guys out there playing situations, YOU WANT GUYS TO MAKE MISTAKE, in the 1st preseason game, so the coaches can get them on tape and point them out sothe players can work on correcting them.

There were plenty of positives that came out of last nights game, not going to point them out, would be a waste of my time becasue some of you have already made up your mind that MOST OF THE 2013 PACKERS PLAIN SUCK!!!!!
I was addicted to The Hokey Pokey, but I turned myself around!
play2win
10 years ago

Wow,

Do some of you realize that what you were watching last night is not what you are going to be watching in a few weeks?

Last nights game was Graham Harrel's chance to prove he can back up Rodgers.
He failed miserably, had a few nice passes, but could not sustain a drive and the 2 turnovers probably killed his chances.

I am betting, next game Aaron will play a drive or maybe 2, then we will see B.J Coleman come in and it will be his shot at the backup spot.

As this is all happening Vince Young hopefully will be getting mora and more comfortable in the system.
He will get a chance to show if he has progressed after Coleman plays as Harrell played last night.

Game 3 will be tuneup game for The Starters, they will probably , as normal, go into the 3rd quarter before sitting.

Game 4 will be Vince Youngs chance to really win the backup job.
Already, as someone already said, it is his to lose, but Mike will give Coleman his shot. Unless B.J. really shows something, looks like another year to the practice squad.

The Defense DID NOT SUCK...try to realize after the 1st unit went out, Dom was putting guys out there playing situations, YOU WANT GUYS TO MAKE MISTAKE, in the 1st preseason game, so the coaches can get them on tape and point them out sothe players can work on correcting them.

There were plenty of positives that came out of last nights game, not going to point them out, would be a waste of my time becasue some of you have already made up your mind that MOST OF THE 2013 PACKERS PLAIN SUCK!!!!!

Originally Posted by: buckeyepackfan 

buckeye, are you kidding me? We know how this works. We know the drill, and that it is preseason. They looked horrible, and the Cardinals did not. Did you miss Finley's drop? Williams' drop? Were there some huge sacks or turnovers that we missed? Scores?

Were there some positives? Yeah. Big deal. There were an inordinate number of negatives. As fans we can't call those out? Overall, the Packers looked ill prepared and soft. The Cardinals looked prepared, and they came in and made us look foolish on our home field. Are you just not upset by that? I am. And, it is becoming too regular for this fan's liking.
Zero2Cool
10 years ago
If there were no major injuries, it was a success. Packers coaches got some good tape on players. If they have TWO games in a row, then I'd be worried.

I'm waiting to see how they adjust.
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
beast (17-May) : Not sure why a players views reflect on GB... instead of simply on the player
Martha Careful (17-May) : I bet some of us have had 6+ mRNA jabs, a UKR flag on our walls, and still think Fauci has a thread of integrity
Zero2Cool (16-May) : From what I've read, it's all Jets , not us.
CanPackFan (16-May) : Will there ever be a time when Rodgers' whacko views will not reflect on GB? He is the past, thank god.
Zero2Cool (16-May) : Jan 4th gonna be rough with that start time lol
Zero2Cool (16-May) : Packers schedule listed. Boom.
buckeyepackfan (15-May) : Let the leaks begin. Colts @ Packers week 2, Vikings @ Packers week 4
Zero2Cool (14-May) : WR Marquez Valdes-Scantling to Bills
Zero2Cool (14-May) : Jets and Aaron Rodgers open up on Monday Night Football,
Zero2Cool (13-May) : $170 guaranteed. This might impact Jordan Love
Zero2Cool (13-May) : Lions are signing QB Jared Goff to a four-year, $212 million extension
Zero2Cool (13-May) : I know we moved on. That tidbit just makes me a touch happier.
Zero2Cool (13-May) : Sources spoke of many, many times last summer where Hackett called a play, then Rodgers changed it completely at the line
Martha Careful (10-May) : 1. this is true of all our linemen. 2. His run block is fine. 3. If all OL played like he has, we would win SB.
beast (10-May) : Meyers pass blocking is really good, his run blocking is really not.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : Packers have claimed DE Spencer Waege off of waivers from the 49ers and waived DT Rodney Mathews.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : And the OL protections seem to be good.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : I really don't know lol. I don't see him getting blown up.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : -3 buwahhhahaaha
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : 4th
Zero2Cool (9-May) : because he's 1st
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : Myers isn't even the 3rd best C on the roster atm
Martha Careful (9-May) : I am not sure I understand the Myers hate. He was consistently our third best lineman. RG and LT were worse.
beast (9-May) : Just saying I don't think moving Myers would help Myers.
beast (9-May) : Center is usually considered the easiest position physically if you can handle the snap stuff.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : Bust it is then
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Context. Sounds like Myers won't be cross-trained. C or bust.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : @BookOfEli_NFL Packers pass game coordinator, Jason Vrable said that Jayden Reed and Dontayvion Wicks shared a placed in Florida while train
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : For now...
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers go about evaluating their "best five," OL coach Luke Butkus makes on thing clear: "Josh Myers is our center."
beast (8-May) : Though I'm a bit surprised letting go of CBs, I thought we needed more not less
beast (8-May) : It was confusing with two DB Anthony Johnson anyways
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers actually had Ray Lewis on the phone.
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers wanted to draft Ray Lewis. Ravens stole him.
Martha Careful (6-May) : Happy 93rd Birthday to the Greatest Baseball Player of All-Time...Willie Mays
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Walter Stanely's son
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : and released CB Anthony Johnson and DL Deandre Johnson and waived/injured WR Thyrick Pitts (thigh-rick).
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : The Green Bay Packers have signed WR Julian Hicks, OL Lecitus Smith (luh-SEET-us) and WR Dimitri Stanley
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Petty, but it's annoying me how the NFL is making the schedule release an event.
Mucky Tundra (4-May) : @mattschneidman Matt LaFleur on how he tore his pec: “Got in a fight with the bench press. I lost.”
Zero2Cool (3-May) : Jordan Love CAN sign an extension as of today. Might tak weeks/months though
TheKanataThrilla (3-May) : Packers decline 5th year option for Stokes
Mucky Tundra (3-May) : @ProFootballTalk Jaylen Warren: Steelers' special teams coach has discussed Justin Fields returning kicks.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Season officially ending tonight for Bucks ... sad face
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Giannis Antetokounmpo is listed as out for tonight's game.
dfosterf (2-May) : Surprisingly low initially is my guess cap wise, but gonna pay the piper after that
dfosterf (2-May) : The number on Love is going to be brutal.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : May 3rd. Extension day for Jordan Love. (soonest)
Zero2Cool (1-May) : USFL MVP QB Alex McGough moved to WR. So that's why no WR drafted!
earthquake (1-May) : Packers draft starters at safety ever few years. Collins, Clinton-Dix, Savage
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2024 Packers Schedule
Friday, Sep 6 @ 7:15 PM
Eagles
Sunday, Sep 15 @ 12:00 PM
COLTS
Sunday, Sep 22 @ 12:00 PM
Titans
Sunday, Sep 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Oct 6 @ 3:25 PM
Rams
Sunday, Oct 13 @ 12:00 PM
CARDINALS
Sunday, Oct 20 @ 12:00 PM
TEXANS
Sunday, Oct 27 @ 12:00 PM
Jaguars
Sunday, Nov 3 @ 3:25 PM
LIONS
Sunday, Nov 17 @ 12:00 PM
Bears
Sunday, Nov 24 @ 3:25 PM
49ERS
Thursday, Nov 28 @ 7:20 PM
DOLPHINS
Thursday, Dec 5 @ 7:15 PM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 15 @ 7:20 PM
Seahawks
Monday, Dec 23 @ 7:15 PM
SAINTS
Sunday, Dec 29 @ 12:00 PM
Vikings
Saturday, Jan 4 @ 11:00 PM
BEARS
Recent Topics
5h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

17h / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

19h / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

15-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

13-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / dhazer

13-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

12-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

11-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

10-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

10-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

9-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

5-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.