RaiderPride
15 years ago
Actually... It looks like a pretty easy fix for 2009.

I was just looking at some stats.

Now consider the Packers have lost (5) Five games by a field goal, and (2) two games by 4 points. Having won those games would have meant 7 more wins right now and a record of 12-3 with a game against the lions left.

Look at these stats...Now ask the question... Why do you lose close games?

You lose close games by not getting good field position.

Packers are ranked 30th in the NFL in Punting. 30th!

You lose close games by not hitting field goals opportunities.

GB is ranked 27th in the NFL in field goals between 30-39 yards. 27th!
You lose close games due to too many penalties.

Packers are ranked FIRST in the NFL in total penalty yards. 1st!

Crosby's stats between 30 and 39 (75% does not cut it) are shocking. The Punting we all know has been a joke. Penalties... I did not realize Packers lead the NFL with almost 1,000 penalty yards.

Sign F/A Shane Lechler the Raiders Pro Bowl Punter. Get a new kicker who can hit them between 30-39 yards... and cut down on penalties.

See... Easy!
""People Will Probably Never Remember What You Said, And May Never Remember What You Did. However, People Will Always Remember How You Made Them Feel."
Fred
15 years ago
You also lose them by your QB throwing a pick in the last 2 minutes of a comeback, or not moving the team down the field at all during this critical juncture. Or by not scoring enough points to put the game away earlier.
blank
Nonstopdrivel
15 years ago
Are we ranked 27th for number of field goals attempted from that range or for field-goal completion percentage from that range?

A thousand yards in penalties is truly a mind-boggling statistic. Consider the fact that the Packers have 5134 yards of total offense this year (342.3 YPG). Tack on an extra 1000 yards and you're averaging 408.9 YPG -- second in the league only to New Orleans.

We've had penalties equivalent to almost three full games of offensive output!
UserPostedImage
RaiderPride
15 years ago

Are we ranked 27th for number of field goals attempted from that range or for field-goal completion percentage from that range?

A thousand yards in penalties is truly a mind-boggling statistic. Consider the fact that the Packers have 5134 yards of total offense this year (342.3 YPG). Tack on an extra 1000 yards and you're averaging 408.9 YPG -- second in the league only to New Orleans.

We've had penalties equivalent to almost three full games of offensive output!

"Nonstopdrivel" wrote:

924 penalty yards to be exact... with one game to play. And Yes 27th in field goal percentage between the 30 and 39 yard line.
""People Will Probably Never Remember What You Said, And May Never Remember What You Did. However, People Will Always Remember How You Made Them Feel."
RaiderPride
15 years ago

You also lose them by your QB throwing a pick in the last 2 minutes of a comeback, or not moving the team down the field at all during this critical juncture. Or by not scoring enough points to put the game away earlier.

"Fred" wrote:

Do you have to hi-jack every thread with the same old point?

Fred, your getting real old, real fast. Go away for a while please.
shield4life
15 years ago

Actually... It looks like a pretty easy fix for 2009.

I was just looking at some stats.

Now consider the Packers have lost (5) Five games by a field goal, and (2) two games by 4 points. Having won those games would have meant 7 more wins right now and a record of 12-3 with a game against the lions left.

Look at these stats...Now ask the question... Why do you lose close games?

You lose close games by not getting good field position.

Packers are ranked 30th in the NFL in Punting. 30th!

You lose close games by not hitting field goals opportunities.

GB is ranked 27th in the NFL in field goals between 30-39 yards. 27th!
You lose close games due to too many penalties.

Packers are ranked FIRST in the NFL in total penalty yards. 1st!

Crosby's stats between 30 and 39 (75% does not cut it) are shocking. The Punting we all know has been a joke. Penalties... I did not realize Packers lead the NFL with almost 1,000 penalty yards.

Sign F/A Shane Lechler the Raiders Pro Bowl Punter. Get a new kicker who can hit them between 30-39 yards... and cut down on penalties.

See... Easy!

"RaiderPride" wrote:

I agree with you Raider, even some of those penalties if you guys remembers not only cost us 1st downs, big yardage plays in the season but also it made us give 1st downs to the opposing team on offense which led to points ... Penalties hurt us this season, so did the punting as it was mentioned by Raider ...

Another thing is the defensive line that killed us this year 2009 yards ...

Now I'd have to add to your post raider that Sanders needs to go ... I don't know if you would agree with me on that.

Now my question is ... how do we handle the penalty situation where does the problem start coaching or players?
Glad To Be A Packers Fan.
TengoJuego
15 years ago

"Fred" wrote:

Yeah Brett seemed to do that a lot.
Stevetarded
15 years ago
This getting a new kicker crap needs to stop. Replacing Crosby is the most ridiculous knee-jerk suggestion ever. That would be a bigger mistake than replacing Ryan with Frost.
blank
brnt247
15 years ago
This team obviously is good enough to compete. They just need a few more players and some more confidence. They have the skill position players, now they just need to work on getting some studs in the trenches.
blank
minnypacker
15 years ago
I would be in favor of signing Lechler.

I also think the penalties on the entire team points to the need for some vetran leadership. We need a Eugene Robinson type of guy on both sides of the ball.
Ted Thompson has a tough job this offseason, but if he does't sign one or two quality FA's this offseason, I think he will have made a grave error.
Fan Shout
beast (10m) : Though I'm a bit surprised letting go of CBs, I thought we needed more not less
beast (10m) : It was confusing with two DB Anthony Johnson anyways
Zero2Cool (3h) : Packers actually had Ray Lewis on the phone.
Zero2Cool (3h) : Packers wanted to draft Ray Lewis. Ravens stole him.
Martha Careful (6-May) : Happy 93rd Birthday to the Greatest Baseball Player of All-Time...Willie Mays
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Walter Stanely's son
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : and released CB Anthony Johnson and DL Deandre Johnson and waived/injured WR Thyrick Pitts (thigh-rick).
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : The Green Bay Packers have signed WR Julian Hicks, OL Lecitus Smith (luh-SEET-us) and WR Dimitri Stanley
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Petty, but it's annoying me how the NFL is making the schedule release an event.
Mucky Tundra (4-May) : @mattschneidman Matt LaFleur on how he tore his pec: “Got in a fight with the bench press. I lost.”
Zero2Cool (3-May) : Jordan Love CAN sign an extension as of today. Might tak weeks/months though
TheKanataThrilla (3-May) : Packers decline 5th year option for Stokes
Mucky Tundra (3-May) : @ProFootballTalk Jaylen Warren: Steelers' special teams coach has discussed Justin Fields returning kicks.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Season officially ending tonight for Bucks ... sad face
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Giannis Antetokounmpo is listed as out for tonight's game.
dfosterf (2-May) : Surprisingly low initially is my guess cap wise, but gonna pay the piper after that
dfosterf (2-May) : The number on Love is going to be brutal.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : May 3rd. Extension day for Jordan Love. (soonest)
Zero2Cool (1-May) : USFL MVP QB Alex McGough moved to WR. So that's why no WR drafted!
earthquake (1-May) : Packers draft starters at safety ever few years. Collins, Clinton-Dix, Savage
beast (1-May) : Why can't the rookies be a day 1 starter? Especially when we grabbed 3 of them at the position
dfosterf (1-May) : Not going to be shocked if Gilmore goes to the Lions.
dfosterf (1-May) : I hear you dhazer, but my guess would be Gilmore Colts and Howard Vikings from what little has been reported.
Mucky Tundra (30-Apr) : S learn from McKinney who learns from Hafley who learns from the fans. Guaranteed Super Bowl
Zero2Cool (30-Apr) : could*
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Safeties should learn from Xavier.
dhazer (29-Apr) : And what about grabbing a Gilmore or Howard at CB ? Those are all Free Agents left
dhazer (29-Apr) : out of curiosity do they try and sign Simmons or Hyde to let these young safeties learn from, they can't be day 1 starters.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : I miss having Sam Shields.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Not that he's making excuses, just pointing it out
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : That's for dang sure. Make our erratic kicker have no excuse!
packerfanoutwest (28-Apr) : having a great long snapper is gold
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : LaFleur looking like he had some weight. Coachin will do that lol
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Thanks Mucky and whomever created topcos for each pick!
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Insane about Kingsley
dfosterf (28-Apr) : Putring it here so Mucky sees it. He was our guy!
dfosterf (28-Apr) : Bowden long snapper Wisconsin. Consensus best LS in college.
dfosterf (28-Apr) : We got Peter Bowde
dfosterf (28-Apr) : I personally interpret that as a partial tear that can be recovered from with rehab
dfosterf (28-Apr) : MLF said Kingsley Enagbare did NOT tear his ACL and did NOT require surgery, and that he is "looking good" for the 2024 season!
beast (28-Apr) : T.O. son signs with the 49ers
Mucky Tundra (28-Apr) : damn those vikings
beast (27-Apr) : UDFA Vikings sign TE – Trey Knox, South Carolina
beast (27-Apr) : Kitchen was all high from Miami, he was more lucky than talented in 2022 and it showed in 2023
beast (27-Apr) : Reportedly Packers have UDFAs Jennings and Jones
beast (27-Apr) : OL – Donovan Jennings, USF OT – Trente Jones, Michigan
TheKanataThrilla (27-Apr) : Interesting draft. A bit shocked that we didn't select an early CB. Definitely have Safety help. Pretty happy overall.
dhazer (27-Apr) : wow the last 2 picks are really stupid and probably will be special teams players Top 10 draft pick next year book it
TheKanataThrilla (27-Apr) : I think he ended up with a terrible RAS score
dhazer (27-Apr) : Anyone know what went on with Kitchens from Florida? At 1 point he was to be the Packers 1st round and he is way down the board now
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
12m / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

18h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

19h / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

20h / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

5-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / beast

4-May / Packers Draft Threads / bboystyle

4-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

3-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.