SINCITYCHEEZE
11 years ago
Just heard on NFL network that the Packers are looking to trade Desmond Bishop today.
Wisconsin Born, Packer Bred
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
11 years ago
No way! It doesn't make any sense to trade your best Inside Linebacker.

NFL: AroundTheLeague ‏@NFL_ATL 3m
News out of Green Bay, where the Packers are actively shopping LB Desmond Bishop, per @MoveTheSticks

According to Daniel Jeremiah of the NFL Network, the Green Bay Packers are actively shopping inside linebacker Desmond Bishop around the league.

This is really surprising given that the Packers could actually use some at the position and Bishop has been their best inside linebacker in the past few years.

He did suffer a bad hamstring injury during the preseason last year, so there could be some concerns relating his recovery.

Bishop, 28, signed a four-year deal worth $19.05 million back in 2011 and is under contract for a very reasonable $3.464 million this season.

We’ll have to see if anything comes of this.

Source  wrote:

UserPostedImage
DarkaneRules
11 years ago
Availability guys...
Circular Arguments: They are a heck of an annoyance
Dulak
11 years ago

Just heard on NFL network that the Packers are looking to trade Desmond Bishop today.

Originally Posted by: SINCITYCHEEZE 

rewind a couple months and trade brad jones ... bleh not bishop ... ok he's not tested after his injury but I just cant stand brad jones ... he's not a bruiser and he let kapernick get away with that monster run.

PackFanWithTwins
11 years ago
While I don't think Desmond is going to be our starter this year. He doesn't have the speed or size I think the team wants. I don't really see this.

How about all our remaining tradeable picks, and Desmond for Joe Thomas.
The world needs ditch diggers too Danny!!!
MintBaconDrivel
11 years ago

Could more changes be coming to the Packers' linebacking corps? According to Daniel Jeremiah of NFL Network and NFL.com (via his colleague, Ian Rapoport), the Packers are willing to trade inside linebacker Desmond Bishop. The 28-year-old Bishop notched a career-best 115 tackles and five sacks in 13 games in 2011, but he missed the 2012 campaign

ProFootballTalk  wrote:

wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
11 years ago
hey! maybe they can get 3 more 7th round picks for him. one a year for 3 straight years.
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
11 years ago
No real surprise here that the trade "talk" has motivated Desmond Bishop.

PFT: Bishop says that trade talk motivates him.

Oh yeah, definitely. I get so much motivation from so much different stuff. I’m ready to go.

Desmond Bishop wrote:

I kinda thought the whole Bishop and James Starks trade talk was nothing more than an attempt to kick both in the rear and if someone came knocking with a good deal ... let it happen. Basically, it's a win-win for the Packers. A, motivate your players and if they lack motivation, they are not worth their roster spot, B, get value for players who are coming off an injury.
UserPostedImage
beast
11 years ago

They have a good bit of money locked up with the ILB position. I'm not surprised they're trying to reduce it some. Though I don't like the idea of getting rid of one of them but I can understand why.

I heard a rumor that Manning looked surprisingly good for a rookie last year and MIGHT be able to step up if needed to start, and the Packers do believe in their young guys.

I also think Capers changed up the defense a bit (like Mike McCarthy said they were), seem like the DL was asked to protect the LBers more which freed up the ILBers to go to action more using their speed and quickness which helped Hawk and Jones. Bishop doesn't have a lot of speed so I wonder if they feel he might be better suited for the older defense.

Ether way he's coming off an injury, and they're paying 3 guys starter money with only 2 starter spots, it wouldn't be surprising. Though it will be interesting to see if they wait until the pads come on, where Bishop should look better in than just shorts.
UserPostedImage
nerdmann
11 years ago

They have a good bit of money locked up with the ILB position. I'm not surprised they're trying to reduce it some. Though I don't like the idea of getting rid of one of them but I can understand why.

I heard a rumor that Manning looked surprisingly good for a rookie last year and MIGHT be able to step up if needed to start, and the Packers do believe in their young guys.

I also think Capers changed up the defense a bit (like Mike McCarthy said they were), seem like the DL was asked to protect the LBers more which freed up the ILBers to go to action more using their speed and quickness which helped Hawk and Jones. Bishop doesn't have a lot of speed so I wonder if they feel he might be better suited for the older defense.

Ether way he's coming off an injury, and they're paying 3 guys starter money with only 2 starter spots, it wouldn't be surprising. Though it will be interesting to see if they wait until the pads come on, where Bishop should look better in than just shorts.

Originally Posted by: beast 

I still don't know why they've never given Bishop a shot outside. His lack of coverage skills maybe.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Fan Shout
beast (17-May) : Not sure why a players views reflect on GB... instead of simply on the player
Martha Careful (17-May) : I bet some of us have had 6+ mRNA jabs, a UKR flag on our walls, and still think Fauci has a thread of integrity
Zero2Cool (16-May) : From what I've read, it's all Jets , not us.
CanPackFan (16-May) : Will there ever be a time when Rodgers' whacko views will not reflect on GB? He is the past, thank god.
Zero2Cool (16-May) : Jan 4th gonna be rough with that start time lol
Zero2Cool (16-May) : Packers schedule listed. Boom.
buckeyepackfan (15-May) : Let the leaks begin. Colts @ Packers week 2, Vikings @ Packers week 4
Zero2Cool (14-May) : WR Marquez Valdes-Scantling to Bills
Zero2Cool (14-May) : Jets and Aaron Rodgers open up on Monday Night Football,
Zero2Cool (13-May) : $170 guaranteed. This might impact Jordan Love
Zero2Cool (13-May) : Lions are signing QB Jared Goff to a four-year, $212 million extension
Zero2Cool (13-May) : I know we moved on. That tidbit just makes me a touch happier.
Zero2Cool (13-May) : Sources spoke of many, many times last summer where Hackett called a play, then Rodgers changed it completely at the line
Martha Careful (10-May) : 1. this is true of all our linemen. 2. His run block is fine. 3. If all OL played like he has, we would win SB.
beast (10-May) : Meyers pass blocking is really good, his run blocking is really not.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : Packers have claimed DE Spencer Waege off of waivers from the 49ers and waived DT Rodney Mathews.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : And the OL protections seem to be good.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : I really don't know lol. I don't see him getting blown up.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : -3 buwahhhahaaha
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : 4th
Zero2Cool (9-May) : because he's 1st
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : Myers isn't even the 3rd best C on the roster atm
Martha Careful (9-May) : I am not sure I understand the Myers hate. He was consistently our third best lineman. RG and LT were worse.
beast (9-May) : Just saying I don't think moving Myers would help Myers.
beast (9-May) : Center is usually considered the easiest position physically if you can handle the snap stuff.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : Bust it is then
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Context. Sounds like Myers won't be cross-trained. C or bust.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : @BookOfEli_NFL Packers pass game coordinator, Jason Vrable said that Jayden Reed and Dontayvion Wicks shared a placed in Florida while train
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : For now...
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers go about evaluating their "best five," OL coach Luke Butkus makes on thing clear: "Josh Myers is our center."
beast (8-May) : Though I'm a bit surprised letting go of CBs, I thought we needed more not less
beast (8-May) : It was confusing with two DB Anthony Johnson anyways
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers actually had Ray Lewis on the phone.
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers wanted to draft Ray Lewis. Ravens stole him.
Martha Careful (6-May) : Happy 93rd Birthday to the Greatest Baseball Player of All-Time...Willie Mays
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Walter Stanely's son
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : and released CB Anthony Johnson and DL Deandre Johnson and waived/injured WR Thyrick Pitts (thigh-rick).
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : The Green Bay Packers have signed WR Julian Hicks, OL Lecitus Smith (luh-SEET-us) and WR Dimitri Stanley
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Petty, but it's annoying me how the NFL is making the schedule release an event.
Mucky Tundra (4-May) : @mattschneidman Matt LaFleur on how he tore his pec: “Got in a fight with the bench press. I lost.”
Zero2Cool (3-May) : Jordan Love CAN sign an extension as of today. Might tak weeks/months though
TheKanataThrilla (3-May) : Packers decline 5th year option for Stokes
Mucky Tundra (3-May) : @ProFootballTalk Jaylen Warren: Steelers' special teams coach has discussed Justin Fields returning kicks.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Season officially ending tonight for Bucks ... sad face
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Giannis Antetokounmpo is listed as out for tonight's game.
dfosterf (2-May) : Surprisingly low initially is my guess cap wise, but gonna pay the piper after that
dfosterf (2-May) : The number on Love is going to be brutal.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : May 3rd. Extension day for Jordan Love. (soonest)
Zero2Cool (1-May) : USFL MVP QB Alex McGough moved to WR. So that's why no WR drafted!
earthquake (1-May) : Packers draft starters at safety ever few years. Collins, Clinton-Dix, Savage
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2024 Packers Schedule
Friday, Sep 6 @ 7:15 PM
Eagles
Sunday, Sep 15 @ 12:00 PM
COLTS
Sunday, Sep 22 @ 12:00 PM
Titans
Sunday, Sep 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Oct 6 @ 3:25 PM
Rams
Sunday, Oct 13 @ 12:00 PM
CARDINALS
Sunday, Oct 20 @ 12:00 PM
TEXANS
Sunday, Oct 27 @ 12:00 PM
Jaguars
Sunday, Nov 3 @ 3:25 PM
LIONS
Sunday, Nov 17 @ 12:00 PM
Bears
Sunday, Nov 24 @ 3:25 PM
49ERS
Thursday, Nov 28 @ 7:20 PM
DOLPHINS
Thursday, Dec 5 @ 7:15 PM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 15 @ 7:20 PM
Seahawks
Monday, Dec 23 @ 7:15 PM
SAINTS
Sunday, Dec 29 @ 12:00 PM
Vikings
Saturday, Jan 4 @ 11:00 PM
BEARS
Recent Topics
2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

5h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

18-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

15-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

13-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / dhazer

13-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

12-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

11-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

10-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

10-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

9-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

5-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.