bozz_2006
15 years ago
short list!
UserPostedImage
go.pack.go.
15 years ago

Here is a list of UFA DT and DE.

All have at it and see what the best option.

"PackFanWithTwins" wrote:

No list?
UserPostedImage
HoustonMatt
15 years ago

I thought Harris signed an extension? Maybe im wrong but i thought i remembered hearing that somewhere. If not I'd much rather have him the Haynesworth.

Just checked, Harris Signed a contract through 2012 with the Bears so he wont be a Free Agent. Maybe your were thinking of Tank Johnson?

"FloridaPacker88" wrote:

You're correct, sir. I was viewing a 2009 UFA list that apparently had not been updated.
blank
TengoJuego
15 years ago
Nnamdi Asomugha is a FA after this year. Anyone think we should take a shot at getting him?

I really want one more OLB for this team. Poppi just continues to under perform. Any consistent tackler would be welcomed by me.
all_about_da_packers
15 years ago
Here's an interesting option: Terrell Suggs.

A couple of years ago, the rumour was that Ted was heavily pursuing Adalius Thomas, and Suggs is a similar player to Thomas.

Suggs could be a great DE/LB type hybrid, something akin to Julius Peterson's role on the Seahawks.

The only potential draw back with this move is that Suggs is likely to get franchised, and there is no guarantee that he'd want to come to Green Bay if he is an UFA (might not want to go to a small town team).
The NFL: Where Greg Jennings Happens.
all_about_da_packers
15 years ago

Nnamdi Asomugha is a FA after this year. Anyone think we should take a shot at getting him?

"TengoJuego" wrote:

If he was an UFA, he'd be at the top of my list, even above Peppers/Haynesworth.

I am in love with Nandi, and since the Packers play a lot of Nickle, Nandi/Al/Charles would be an amazing trio.

The only problem is that you've got Tramon who has improved a great deal, and Pat Lee who has talent and basically red-shirted this year. Ted and mike might not want to risk the further development of those two players by bringing in a sure fire starter like Asomugha.

Plus, after the whole DeAngello Hall fiasco in Oakland, I'm guessing the Raiders will not hesitate to Franchise Nandi.
porky88
15 years ago

A couple of years ago, the rumour was that Ted was heavily pursuing Adalius Thomas, and Suggs is a similar player to Thomas.

Suggs could be a great DE/LB type hybrid, something akin to Julius Peterson's role on the Seahawks.

The only potential draw back with this move is that Suggs is likely to get franchised, and there is no guarantee that he'd want to come to Green Bay if he is an UFA (might not want to go to a small town team).

"all_about_da_packers" wrote:

Suggs would be a DE in the current Packers system. A damn good one too.

In order I'd like to see GB go after

1. Albert Haynesworth

I have a hard time believing people want to not sign this guy because of his attitude. Heard the same stuff when Charles Woodson was signed and when Randy Moss was on the market. Haynesworth makes the defense better.

2. Jordan Gross

Pro Bowl Left Tackle. Need I say more.

3. Julius Peppers

Carolina is going to franchise Peppers over Gross. I could honestly see them trading Peppers for a bunch of draft picks, but he is the biggest longshot on the list.

4. Terrell Suggs

Could give the Packers the pass rush they very much desire right now.

5. Vernon Carey

He may of signed an extension. I'm not sure, but if he didn't, he would be an ideal replacement to Mark Tauscher. Is he an outstanding tackle? No he's not, but he's an above average and you can win with an above average right tackle. Rather have him longterm than Tony Moll or Daryn Colledge.

Obviously I know we're not going to get all of them, but a combination of one of the defensive lineman and offensive lineman is something I believe the Packers should really shoot for.

Main thing is they have no point not enticing any of these guys.
all_about_da_packers
15 years ago
I think this has to be the year Ted tries to go all in, and land one of the big two (Peppers or Haynesworth).

Although a part of me things Ted will wait, and then decide to go after the second tier of UFAs, guys like Bertrand Berry.

It might also be interesting to try and go after Tank Johnson. I believe he's done a pretty good job of not being a distraction off the field in Dallas, and his skills would allow him to be the pass-rushing DT that we've lacked since trading Corey last year.
PackFanWithTwins
15 years ago
I hate when I forget the information I am trying to provide.

Here is that list of DT and DE UFA with 2008 production.

DT UFA
Shaun Cody Lions, 6-4 310, 4 yrs, 32 TOT 21 Sol 0 sacks
Dwan Edwards Ravens, 6-3 295, 5 yrs, IR 08'
Ronald Fields 49ers, 6-2 315, 4 yrs, 17 TOT 12 sol 0 sacks
La'Roi Glover Rams, 6-2 290, 13 yrs, 30 TOT 20 sol .5 sacks
Howard Green Seahawks, 6-2 320, 6 yrs, 19 TOT 15 sol 1 sack
Albert Haynesworth Titans, 6-6 320, 7 yrs, 51 TOT 41 sol 8.5 sacks
Tank Johnson Cowboys, 6-3 305, 5 yrs, 20 TOT 12 sol 1 sack
Antwan Lake Saints, 6-4 308, 6 yrs, 4 TOT 3 sol 0 sacks
CJ Mosley Jets, 6-2 305, 4 yrs, 15 TOT 11 sol 1.5 sacks
Kenny Peterson Broncos, 6-3 300, 6 yrs, 22 TOT 15 sol 3 sacks
Ryan Sims Bucs, 6-4 315,7 yrs, 15 TOT 8 sol 1.5 sacks
John Thornton Bengals, 6-3 297, 10 yrs, 26 TOT 20 sol 1 sack
Jeff Zconina Texans, 6-2 281, 16 yrs, 17 TOT 11 sol 0 sacke

DE UFA
Bertrand Berry Cards, 6-3 260, 11 yrs, 16 TOT 12 Sol 5 sacks
Kevin Carter Bucs, 6-6 305, 14 yrs, 42 TOT 17 sol 4.5 sacks
Demetric Evans Skins, 6-4 287, 7 yrs, 28 TOT 17 sol 3.5 sacks
Eric Moore Rams, 6-4 270, 5 yrs, 10 TOT 8 sol 1 sack
Julius Peppers Panthers, 6-7 283, 7 yrs, 44 TOT 12.5 sacks
Paul Spicer Jags, 6-4 295, 10 yrs, 34 TOT 31 sol 3.5 sacks
The world needs ditch diggers too Danny!!!
dhazer
15 years ago

"all_about_da_packers" wrote:

I seen on nfl network that the ravens are in a tough spot, they have Ray Ray, suggs, and scott all FA and they figure they will only be able to sign 2 of them but they also said that Ray will probably take less money to stay in Baltimore.
Just Imagine this for the next 6-9 years. What a ride it will be 🙂 (PS, Zero should charge for this)
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
Martha Careful (12h) : I bet some of us have had 6+ mRNA jabs, a UKR flag on our walls, and still think Fauci has a thread of integrity
Zero2Cool (16h) : From what I've read, it's all Jets , not us.
CanPackFan (19h) : Will there ever be a time when Rodgers' whacko views will not reflect on GB? He is the past, thank god.
Zero2Cool (16-May) : Jan 4th gonna be rough with that start time lol
Zero2Cool (16-May) : Packers schedule listed. Boom.
buckeyepackfan (15-May) : Let the leaks begin. Colts @ Packers week 2, Vikings @ Packers week 4
Zero2Cool (14-May) : WR Marquez Valdes-Scantling to Bills
Zero2Cool (14-May) : Jets and Aaron Rodgers open up on Monday Night Football,
Zero2Cool (13-May) : $170 guaranteed. This might impact Jordan Love
Zero2Cool (13-May) : Lions are signing QB Jared Goff to a four-year, $212 million extension
Zero2Cool (13-May) : I know we moved on. That tidbit just makes me a touch happier.
Zero2Cool (13-May) : Sources spoke of many, many times last summer where Hackett called a play, then Rodgers changed it completely at the line
Martha Careful (10-May) : 1. this is true of all our linemen. 2. His run block is fine. 3. If all OL played like he has, we would win SB.
beast (10-May) : Meyers pass blocking is really good, his run blocking is really not.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : Packers have claimed DE Spencer Waege off of waivers from the 49ers and waived DT Rodney Mathews.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : And the OL protections seem to be good.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : I really don't know lol. I don't see him getting blown up.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : -3 buwahhhahaaha
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : 4th
Zero2Cool (9-May) : because he's 1st
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : Myers isn't even the 3rd best C on the roster atm
Martha Careful (9-May) : I am not sure I understand the Myers hate. He was consistently our third best lineman. RG and LT were worse.
beast (9-May) : Just saying I don't think moving Myers would help Myers.
beast (9-May) : Center is usually considered the easiest position physically if you can handle the snap stuff.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : Bust it is then
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Context. Sounds like Myers won't be cross-trained. C or bust.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : @BookOfEli_NFL Packers pass game coordinator, Jason Vrable said that Jayden Reed and Dontayvion Wicks shared a placed in Florida while train
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : For now...
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers go about evaluating their "best five," OL coach Luke Butkus makes on thing clear: "Josh Myers is our center."
beast (8-May) : Though I'm a bit surprised letting go of CBs, I thought we needed more not less
beast (8-May) : It was confusing with two DB Anthony Johnson anyways
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers actually had Ray Lewis on the phone.
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers wanted to draft Ray Lewis. Ravens stole him.
Martha Careful (6-May) : Happy 93rd Birthday to the Greatest Baseball Player of All-Time...Willie Mays
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Walter Stanely's son
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : and released CB Anthony Johnson and DL Deandre Johnson and waived/injured WR Thyrick Pitts (thigh-rick).
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : The Green Bay Packers have signed WR Julian Hicks, OL Lecitus Smith (luh-SEET-us) and WR Dimitri Stanley
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Petty, but it's annoying me how the NFL is making the schedule release an event.
Mucky Tundra (4-May) : @mattschneidman Matt LaFleur on how he tore his pec: “Got in a fight with the bench press. I lost.”
Zero2Cool (3-May) : Jordan Love CAN sign an extension as of today. Might tak weeks/months though
TheKanataThrilla (3-May) : Packers decline 5th year option for Stokes
Mucky Tundra (3-May) : @ProFootballTalk Jaylen Warren: Steelers' special teams coach has discussed Justin Fields returning kicks.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Season officially ending tonight for Bucks ... sad face
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Giannis Antetokounmpo is listed as out for tonight's game.
dfosterf (2-May) : Surprisingly low initially is my guess cap wise, but gonna pay the piper after that
dfosterf (2-May) : The number on Love is going to be brutal.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : May 3rd. Extension day for Jordan Love. (soonest)
Zero2Cool (1-May) : USFL MVP QB Alex McGough moved to WR. So that's why no WR drafted!
earthquake (1-May) : Packers draft starters at safety ever few years. Collins, Clinton-Dix, Savage
beast (1-May) : Why can't the rookies be a day 1 starter? Especially when we grabbed 3 of them at the position
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2024 Packers Schedule
Friday, Sep 6 @ 7:15 PM
Eagles
Sunday, Sep 15 @ 12:00 PM
COLTS
Sunday, Sep 22 @ 12:00 PM
Titans
Sunday, Sep 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Oct 6 @ 3:25 PM
Rams
Sunday, Oct 13 @ 12:00 PM
CARDINALS
Sunday, Oct 20 @ 12:00 PM
TEXANS
Sunday, Oct 27 @ 12:00 PM
Jaguars
Sunday, Nov 3 @ 3:25 PM
LIONS
Sunday, Nov 17 @ 12:00 PM
Bears
Sunday, Nov 24 @ 3:25 PM
49ERS
Thursday, Nov 28 @ 7:20 PM
DOLPHINS
Thursday, Dec 5 @ 7:15 PM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 15 @ 7:20 PM
Seahawks
Monday, Dec 23 @ 7:15 PM
SAINTS
Sunday, Dec 29 @ 12:00 PM
Vikings
Saturday, Jan 4 @ 11:00 PM
BEARS
Recent Topics
13h / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

15-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

13-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / dhazer

13-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

12-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

11-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

10-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

10-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

9-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

5-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.