doddpower
15 years ago
That's certainly unfortunate.

But, it is hard to argue the players and reserves that did make it. Tough call, but those are some hella good players that beat him out.

EDIT: I was speaking about the NFC Wide Receivers.
dhazer
15 years ago
Dodd beat me to what i was going to say. Greg i think got hurt when he had i think 3 straight games of only 3 catches. Of all the Packers i would of liked to see him go with Woodson. But to be honest i don't think the pro bowl has the recognition like it used to have. Back in the days when a player was voted in they went to play the game, now it seems like they don't want to go because they might get hurt or just want the time away from football blah blah blah you all heard the excuses. But i guess thats how much all of football has changed. Maybe if the Pro Bowl started paying more money the big name players might actually go to play.
Just Imagine this for the next 6-9 years. What a ride it will be 🙂 (PS, Zero should charge for this)
UserPostedImage
Rockmolder
15 years ago
Ye, his production in the second part of the season dropped a bit... just when the pro-bowl voting opened.

Same goes for Woodson and Collins though, but it seems like they're going. I think we have to pay our Safety quite a few bucks now to keep him around.
Bigbyfan
15 years ago
He is still likely to have the opportunity to go to the Pro Bowl, someone will get hurt or will decide not to go.
blank
go.pack.go.
15 years ago
IMO, Boldin AND Fitzgerald should NOT have both made the pro bowl.
UserPostedImage
Greg C.
15 years ago
Too bad our Pro Bowl thread has to be a bitch session about Jennings not making it. We should be happy that two players from our 5-9 team DID make it.

As much as we like Jennings, there are several players with comparable numbers, so he was not the no-brainer Pro Bowl pick that some fans seem to think he is. Here are the numbers:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/nfl/stats/2008/receiving/0_byRECPT_YDS.html 
blank
Jakest3r
15 years ago

IMO, Boldin AND Fitzgerald should NOT have both made the pro bowl.

"go.pack.go." wrote:

Yes, they should have. And did.

Jennings making it is not a shocker, this Packers team is embarrassingly bad and rightfully so. There's alot of competition as far as WR's are in the NFC, and I think it's right. All 4 of them are on contending teams.

On the other hand, Woodson and Collins make it. Great. One of the few playmakers this defense has. Although I expected Woodson to make it, because he's arguably having a career year at CB, Collins is kinda surprising to me. Not that I think he shouldn't be there, but just based on the fact that this is really his first "breakout" year, and he's aligned with a piss poor defense.

But I'm happy, as Greg said, 2 pro bowlers for a team that's 4 games below .500 is pretty damn good.
blank
DarkaneRules
15 years ago
Heck yeah because we underachieved this year. Everything went to hell. We were pretty unlucky too. I think next year will be better. :)

Next year Greg! 🙂
Circular Arguments: They are a heck of an annoyance
ILikeThePackers39
15 years ago
I guess if I wasn't a Packer fan I'd have a hard time taking any of the guys who did make it off the roster... but it sucks anyway.

I agree w/ DH on the real importance of the Pro Bowl to players anymore. Whether it's the crappy field in the Aloha Bowl (at least it used to be crappy), the travel time or the risk of injury in a game that's little more than ceremony, it might be that it matters more to the fans than the players at this point.

He'll get there - I'm sure of that.
blank
Stevetarded
15 years ago
One thing I know is that the AFC defense is going to murder the Cardinals + AP in the pro bowl.
blank
Fan Shout
Mucky Tundra (3h) : @ProFootballTalk Jaylen Warren: Steelers' special teams coach has discussed Justin Fields returning kicks.
Zero2Cool (11h) : Season officially ending tonight for Bucks ... sad face
Zero2Cool (11h) : Giannis Antetokounmpo is listed as out for tonight's game.
dfosterf (16h) : Surprisingly low initially is my guess cap wise, but gonna pay the piper after that
dfosterf (16h) : The number on Love is going to be brutal.
Zero2Cool (17h) : May 3rd. Extension day for Jordan Love. (soonest)
Zero2Cool (1-May) : USFL MVP QB Alex McGough moved to WR. So that's why no WR drafted!
earthquake (1-May) : Packers draft starters at safety ever few years. Collins, Clinton-Dix, Savage
beast (1-May) : Why can't the rookies be a day 1 starter? Especially when we grabbed 3 of them at the position
dfosterf (1-May) : Not going to be shocked if Gilmore goes to the Lions.
dfosterf (1-May) : I hear you dhazer, but my guess would be Gilmore Colts and Howard Vikings from what little has been reported.
Mucky Tundra (30-Apr) : S learn from McKinney who learns from Hafley who learns from the fans. Guaranteed Super Bowl
Zero2Cool (30-Apr) : could*
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Safeties should learn from Xavier.
dhazer (29-Apr) : And what about grabbing a Gilmore or Howard at CB ? Those are all Free Agents left
dhazer (29-Apr) : out of curiosity do they try and sign Simmons or Hyde to let these young safeties learn from, they can't be day 1 starters.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : I miss having Sam Shields.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Not that he's making excuses, just pointing it out
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : That's for dang sure. Make our erratic kicker have no excuse!
packerfanoutwest (28-Apr) : having a great long snapper is gold
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : LaFleur looking like he had some weight. Coachin will do that lol
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Thanks Mucky and whomever created topcos for each pick!
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Insane about Kingsley
dfosterf (28-Apr) : Putring it here so Mucky sees it. He was our guy!
dfosterf (28-Apr) : Bowden long snapper Wisconsin. Consensus best LS in college.
dfosterf (28-Apr) : We got Peter Bowde
dfosterf (28-Apr) : I personally interpret that as a partial tear that can be recovered from with rehab
dfosterf (28-Apr) : MLF said Kingsley Enagbare did NOT tear his ACL and did NOT require surgery, and that he is "looking good" for the 2024 season!
beast (28-Apr) : T.O. son signs with the 49ers
Mucky Tundra (28-Apr) : damn those vikings
beast (27-Apr) : UDFA Vikings sign TE – Trey Knox, South Carolina
beast (27-Apr) : Kitchen was all high from Miami, he was more lucky than talented in 2022 and it showed in 2023
beast (27-Apr) : Reportedly Packers have UDFAs Jennings and Jones
beast (27-Apr) : OL – Donovan Jennings, USF OT – Trente Jones, Michigan
TheKanataThrilla (27-Apr) : Interesting draft. A bit shocked that we didn't select an early CB. Definitely have Safety help. Pretty happy overall.
dhazer (27-Apr) : wow the last 2 picks are really stupid and probably will be special teams players Top 10 draft pick next year book it
TheKanataThrilla (27-Apr) : I think he ended up with a terrible RAS score
dhazer (27-Apr) : Anyone know what went on with Kitchens from Florida? At 1 point he was to be the Packers 1st round and he is way down the board now
Martha Careful (27-Apr) : Z, could you please combine my thread with yours please. I obviously did not see it when I Created it
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Re: 'Kool-Aid' McKinstry. Other than Icky Woods, has there ever been a good NFLer with a childish nickname?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Packers looking to trade up
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Flag?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Sag?
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : It rhymes with "bag."
beast (26-Apr) : Family? That's Deadpool's F word
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : Not THAT f-word.
Zero2Cool (26-Apr) : fuck
beast (25-Apr) : 49ers are Cap Tight
beast (25-Apr) : Fuck
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : Kanata, I will be when I'm on my lunch later
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
6h / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

11h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

15h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

2-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

1-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

1-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

1-May / Packers Draft Threads / dfosterf

30-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

29-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

29-Apr / Packers Draft Threads / Zero2Cool

29-Apr / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

28-Apr / Feedback, Suggestions and Issues / Zero2Cool

28-Apr / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.