play2win
11 years ago

Note to Finley...just catch the ball...everything will be fine.

Originally Posted by: PackerTraxx 

Zactly.
Yerko
11 years ago

Might want to clarify which guy is in reference.. I am assuming Baratz, correct?

Originally Posted by: Pack93z 

Fixed in original post and thanks for the catch. Yes, Baratz.
UserPostedImage
Porforis
11 years ago

Zactly.

Originally Posted by: play2win 

Zactly. I've said it before and I'll say it again - You can be a showboat and/or a diva if you get it done on the field. Clay Matthews would drive me into a fit of rage if he wasn't as awesome as he is, I'd be ranting "Yes, you have muscles. Congrats on doing your job" if he got 3-4 sacks a season and flexed everytime he tackled anybody for a loss. He's a beast that runs nonstop every play and rarely makes mental or physical errors, so he can show off and I don't care.
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
11 years ago
first chance I have had to wade into this discussion. I can't see how this is on Finley. He can get into enough trouble on his own. I doubt he would ask his agent to speak on his behalf. If he thinks something he says so. I cringe at some of his comments but at least I know how he feels on a subject. I may not agree with him but I don't see him as a cancer to the team.

BTW- saying that a leader takes the blame for someone else's actions is just plain stupid.
UserPostedImage
Packerchick
11 years ago

From what I saw on the NFL.com article it was showing a video of Rodgers going off on Jones because he got out of the route and it caused the INT. So this agent is comparing that to the Jay Cutler going off on his Lineman. This is laughable. Rodgers had a good reason to yell at his reciever. There is a difference between turning the ball over and taking a sack. Reguarding trading Finley because of this shouldn't even be on the Packers minds... The agent is an idiot, he hasn't probably tooken a down in the NFL or played football in his life. And I have no reason to believe Finley influenced these comments. None the less, Arod could give 2 shits about what this guy says or any players in the locker room.

Originally Posted by: Gaycandybacon 

I can tell you are a newcomer. Welcome aboard.

I am a woman and I love football.
PackerTraxx
11 years ago
What's a "tooken"?LOL Just messin' wit ya!!!

Why is Jerry Kramer not in the Hall of Fame?
LambeauEast
11 years ago
Unfortunately all of the Packers receivers have a proclivity for dropping passes, but I don't spend the entire game begging....pleading..."don't throw to Jordy/Jones/so on...!". I do say that with Finley. He'll either drop it, or be so covered that he couldn't catch it even if he knew how to do so. I'm admittedly as knee-jerk as anyone (something I'm trying to work on btw), but I'm not looking forward to another season of his drops. He is a drive killer in my opinion...I believe three drives "killed" by him so far already?

Don't trade him. Use him for his mind blowing advantage he suppossedly creates by just merely being on the field even though I'm not sure what good a matchup advantage is if he doesn't catch the intended pass thrown his way, and don't throw to him....please. Pretty please with sugar and a cherry on top. Pretty, pretty, pretty please.

Good ole "potential", it's a pain.
UserPostedImage
play2win
11 years ago
Hey, Finley can make, and has recently made, some very good catches. I don't take that away from him there. My biggest beef with the guy is spouting off about his own greatness, compared to the true greats of the game at TE in the NFL, and then not measuring up.

I listened to Gary Ellerson yesterday at 1250am, a big Finley supporter, who seemed to intimate on his radio show that there is a possibility that this is truly the way Finley feels, and that his agent, Baratz, simply broke the confidence of the player/agent relationship. I posted my ideas in starting this thread along these lines of thinking. No one other than Finley and his agent knows whether or not that is true.

These are Finley's twitter comments in response to this hot mess:
"Finley did post a message on his Twitter account, writing, "@AaronRodgers12 is our leader, period. ... Family can disagree it makes us all stronger." On Monday night, Finley also tweeted, "u should all b so lucky 2 have some1 like Blake (agent) in ur life. He's helped me in more ways that I would expect any1 2 understand."

All he did was state the obvious, that Rodgers is our leader, and, is he confirming Baratz's statements by adding "Family can disagree?" Seems an odd way to say he supports Rodgers and disagrees with his agent, which he should be saying. No, instead, he goes on to lump praise on his agent, Blake Baratz.

Weird. I'm not buyin' it, not now. I may, if Finley can "freestyle" his way to a record setting season for the Packers at TE, or to be amongst the leaders in the NFL at TE. But, not now. Is this any way to foster a good relationship with your QB?

Finley had an opportunity with is tweets to distance himself from Baratz's comments. He did not do that. In fact, he appears to have done the opposite.

nerdmann
11 years ago

Hey, Finley can make, and has recently made, some very good catches. I don't take that away from him there. My biggest beef with the guy is spouting off about his own greatness, compared to the true greats of the game at TE in the NFL, and then not measuring up.

I listened to Gary Ellerson yesterday at 1250am, a big Finley supporter, who seemed to intimate on his radio show that there is a possibility that this is truly the way Finley feels, and that his agent, Baratz, simply broke the confidence of the player/agent relationship. I posted my ideas in starting this thread along these lines of thinking. No one other than Finley and his agent knows whether or not that is true.

These are Finley's twitter comments in response to this hot mess:
"Finley did post a message on his Twitter account, writing, "@AaronRodgers12 is our leader, period. ... Family can disagree it makes us all stronger." On Monday night, Finley also tweeted, "u should all b so lucky 2 have some1 like Blake (agent) in ur life. He's helped me in more ways that I would expect any1 2 understand."

All he did was state the obvious, that Rodgers is our leader, and, is he confirming Baratz's statements by adding "Family can disagree?" Seems an odd way to say he supports Rodgers and disagrees with his agent, which he should be saying. No, instead, he goes on to lump praise on his agent, Blake Baratz.

Weird. I'm not buyin' it, not now. I may, if Finley can "freestyle" his way to a record setting season for the Packers at TE, or to be amongst the leaders in the NFL at TE. But, not now. Is this any way to foster a good relationship with your QB?

Finley had an opportunity with is tweets to distance himself from Baratz's comments. He did not do that. In fact, he appears to have done the opposite.

Originally Posted by: play2win 

Dude SAID he was gonna shut his pie hole this year.

Dude needs to STFU and look the ball into his hands.

“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Zero2Cool
11 years ago
During Jermichael Finley's rookie season, he spoke out saying Aaron Rodgers needs to the throw the ball over his other shoulder or something to that effect. I think during the 2011 he said something about their chemistry and I believe he mentioned something about being on the same page with Aaron Rodgers prior to the 2012 season.

If Finley doesn't think Rodgers is a good leader, it wouldn't surprise me. How many times has Rodgers led a come from behind victory in the 4th quarter?
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
Martha Careful (10-May) : 1. this is true of all our linemen. 2. His run block is fine. 3. If all OL played like he has, we would win SB.
beast (10-May) : Meyers pass blocking is really good, his run blocking is really not.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : Packers have claimed DE Spencer Waege off of waivers from the 49ers and waived DT Rodney Mathews.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : And the OL protections seem to be good.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : I really don't know lol. I don't see him getting blown up.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : -3 buwahhhahaaha
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : 4th
Zero2Cool (9-May) : because he's 1st
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : Myers isn't even the 3rd best C on the roster atm
Martha Careful (9-May) : I am not sure I understand the Myers hate. He was consistently our third best lineman. RG and LT were worse.
beast (9-May) : Just saying I don't think moving Myers would help Myers.
beast (9-May) : Center is usually considered the easiest position physically if you can handle the snap stuff.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : Bust it is then
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Context. Sounds like Myers won't be cross-trained. C or bust.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : @BookOfEli_NFL Packers pass game coordinator, Jason Vrable said that Jayden Reed and Dontayvion Wicks shared a placed in Florida while train
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : For now...
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers go about evaluating their "best five," OL coach Luke Butkus makes on thing clear: "Josh Myers is our center."
beast (8-May) : Though I'm a bit surprised letting go of CBs, I thought we needed more not less
beast (8-May) : It was confusing with two DB Anthony Johnson anyways
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers actually had Ray Lewis on the phone.
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers wanted to draft Ray Lewis. Ravens stole him.
Martha Careful (6-May) : Happy 93rd Birthday to the Greatest Baseball Player of All-Time...Willie Mays
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Walter Stanely's son
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : and released CB Anthony Johnson and DL Deandre Johnson and waived/injured WR Thyrick Pitts (thigh-rick).
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : The Green Bay Packers have signed WR Julian Hicks, OL Lecitus Smith (luh-SEET-us) and WR Dimitri Stanley
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Petty, but it's annoying me how the NFL is making the schedule release an event.
Mucky Tundra (4-May) : @mattschneidman Matt LaFleur on how he tore his pec: “Got in a fight with the bench press. I lost.”
Zero2Cool (3-May) : Jordan Love CAN sign an extension as of today. Might tak weeks/months though
TheKanataThrilla (3-May) : Packers decline 5th year option for Stokes
Mucky Tundra (3-May) : @ProFootballTalk Jaylen Warren: Steelers' special teams coach has discussed Justin Fields returning kicks.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Season officially ending tonight for Bucks ... sad face
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Giannis Antetokounmpo is listed as out for tonight's game.
dfosterf (2-May) : Surprisingly low initially is my guess cap wise, but gonna pay the piper after that
dfosterf (2-May) : The number on Love is going to be brutal.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : May 3rd. Extension day for Jordan Love. (soonest)
Zero2Cool (1-May) : USFL MVP QB Alex McGough moved to WR. So that's why no WR drafted!
earthquake (1-May) : Packers draft starters at safety ever few years. Collins, Clinton-Dix, Savage
beast (1-May) : Why can't the rookies be a day 1 starter? Especially when we grabbed 3 of them at the position
dfosterf (1-May) : Not going to be shocked if Gilmore goes to the Lions.
dfosterf (1-May) : I hear you dhazer, but my guess would be Gilmore Colts and Howard Vikings from what little has been reported.
Mucky Tundra (30-Apr) : S learn from McKinney who learns from Hafley who learns from the fans. Guaranteed Super Bowl
Zero2Cool (30-Apr) : could*
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Safeties should learn from Xavier.
dhazer (29-Apr) : And what about grabbing a Gilmore or Howard at CB ? Those are all Free Agents left
dhazer (29-Apr) : out of curiosity do they try and sign Simmons or Hyde to let these young safeties learn from, they can't be day 1 starters.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : I miss having Sam Shields.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Not that he's making excuses, just pointing it out
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : That's for dang sure. Make our erratic kicker have no excuse!
packerfanoutwest (28-Apr) : having a great long snapper is gold
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : LaFleur looking like he had some weight. Coachin will do that lol
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
3h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

3h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

10-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

10-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

9-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

5-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.