Zero2Cool
12 years ago
I can't say I'm excited about anyone really. Obviously, Free Agency isn't over and the draft is yet to take place.

91 	Guy, Lawrence 		DE 	6-4 	304	22	R 	Arizona State
69	Hargrove, Anthony 	DE 	6-3 	282	28	8 	Georgia Tech
96 	Neal, Mike 			DE 	6-3 	294	24	2 	Purdue
98 	Wilson, C.J. 		DE 	6-3 	290	25	2 	East Carolina
94 	Wynn, Jarius 		DE 	6-3 	285	25	3 	Georgia

67 	Jones, Johnny 		DL 	6-4 	310	23	R 	Marshall

95	Muir, Daniel 		DT 	6-2 	312	28	5 	Kent State
79 	Pickett, Ryan 		DT 	6-2 	340	32	11 	Ohio State
90 	Raji, B.J. 			DT 	6-2 	337	25	3 	Boston College

UserPostedImage
play2win
12 years ago
Pickett was one of the NFL's top DTs when we got him. While his age is getting up there, he is still a good veteran player. Raji is a much better player than he showed last season, IMO. He was over utilized. Too many snaps for the big fella. Hargrove may in fact be a gem. While it is early, I like what players and coaches from other teams have had to say about him. He improves this group. Muir, looks to be a serviceable guy in rotation behind Pickett.

The rest really are uninspiring. I'm guessing we add 2 - 4 players to this group. DE (2), NT and DT. This is a top priority on our team to upgrade, along with OLB. I'll be thrilled if we can replace Guy, Neal, Wilson, Wynn and Jones with better talent.
zombieslayer
12 years ago
I'm guessing 🇹🇹 goes BPA between DL and OLB for his first pick. Our DL right now was the weak spot of the team. Its ineptitude is what killed our D.

I hate to say this, but Raji may be one of the most overrated D players in the NFL today. No way he deserved the Pro Bowl nod. Pickett's age seems like it's creeping up. Those two are so much above everyone else we currently got that I'm not gonna even waste any more typing.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)
2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. 🇹🇹 🇲🇲 🇦🇷
rabidgopher04
12 years ago
Beyond Pickett and Raji we don't have a D-line. Must be why we had two man fronts many times last year.
Amazing Bacon Delivery  Service! Never be without good bacon again.
PackerTraxx
12 years ago
I'm hoping Guy develops this year. Probably the reason I have high hopes for him is that he played really well against Wisconsin a couple of years ago. I hate to say it but with Jenkins and Jolly gone that's a pretty sorry looking group outside of Raji and Pickett.
Why is Jerry Kramer not in the Hall of Fame?
gbguy20
12 years ago
give hargrove more credit folks
Zero2Cool
12 years ago

give hargrove more credit folks

Originally Posted by: gbguy20 

I say this respectfully and inquisitively (Rourke?) ... why?
UserPostedImage
Pack93z
12 years ago
One thing I think many are failing to account for upon the 2nd & 3rd year players is that last off season was a total loss on any development. The lockout impacted last years rookies some, but I think it was a critical loss for players coming out of their 1st pro year.

Guys like Wilson and yes Neal both didn't have the benefit of working in the off season with the coaching staff and being pushed by the training staff.

My point here is simple, lets not completely write off these players at this point.

And why value either Muir or Hargrove?

Muir was a player that would have stuck with the Packers if at that point we didn't have a excess of DT at the time. He was then snapped up and played a considerable amount for the Colts. Should we expect a stout pass rush from him.. probably not, but from memory he has a decent burst and could play an important role.. rotation.

Hargrove, IMO, will do one thing here in GB.. he will be brought in to play DE on passing situations to provide push.. if nothing else to make the opposition at least respect if in the blocking scheme. Last season, the opposition could plan for single blocking our ends and allow more to be pushed out to the edge. If he can at least force the opposition second level of protection to at least look his way it will be an improvement over last season.

It might not be popular, but IMO, if your downs in a 3-4 can provide a push, it expands the DC ability to call "effective" blitz calls from a number of holes not just the edge.. basically pushes the protection into mistakes.
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
gbguy20
12 years ago

I say this respectfully and inquisitively (Rourke?) ... why?

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

i don't have a good answer for that 🙂
zombieslayer
12 years ago
Bumping this thread just to get conversation going, does anyone here think the DL is NOT a big problem?
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)
2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. 🇹🇹 🇲🇲 🇦🇷
Fan Shout
Mucky Tundra (12h) : Bust it is then
Zero2Cool (13h) : Context. Sounds like Myers won't be cross-trained. C or bust.
Mucky Tundra (14h) : @BookOfEli_NFL Packers pass game coordinator, Jason Vrable said that Jayden Reed and Dontayvion Wicks shared a placed in Florida while train
Mucky Tundra (14h) : For now...
Zero2Cool (15h) : Packers go about evaluating their "best five," OL coach Luke Butkus makes on thing clear: "Josh Myers is our center."
beast (17h) : Though I'm a bit surprised letting go of CBs, I thought we needed more not less
beast (17h) : It was confusing with two DB Anthony Johnson anyways
Zero2Cool (21h) : Packers actually had Ray Lewis on the phone.
Zero2Cool (21h) : Packers wanted to draft Ray Lewis. Ravens stole him.
Martha Careful (6-May) : Happy 93rd Birthday to the Greatest Baseball Player of All-Time...Willie Mays
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Walter Stanely's son
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : and released CB Anthony Johnson and DL Deandre Johnson and waived/injured WR Thyrick Pitts (thigh-rick).
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : The Green Bay Packers have signed WR Julian Hicks, OL Lecitus Smith (luh-SEET-us) and WR Dimitri Stanley
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Petty, but it's annoying me how the NFL is making the schedule release an event.
Mucky Tundra (4-May) : @mattschneidman Matt LaFleur on how he tore his pec: “Got in a fight with the bench press. I lost.”
Zero2Cool (3-May) : Jordan Love CAN sign an extension as of today. Might tak weeks/months though
TheKanataThrilla (3-May) : Packers decline 5th year option for Stokes
Mucky Tundra (3-May) : @ProFootballTalk Jaylen Warren: Steelers' special teams coach has discussed Justin Fields returning kicks.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Season officially ending tonight for Bucks ... sad face
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Giannis Antetokounmpo is listed as out for tonight's game.
dfosterf (2-May) : Surprisingly low initially is my guess cap wise, but gonna pay the piper after that
dfosterf (2-May) : The number on Love is going to be brutal.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : May 3rd. Extension day for Jordan Love. (soonest)
Zero2Cool (1-May) : USFL MVP QB Alex McGough moved to WR. So that's why no WR drafted!
earthquake (1-May) : Packers draft starters at safety ever few years. Collins, Clinton-Dix, Savage
beast (1-May) : Why can't the rookies be a day 1 starter? Especially when we grabbed 3 of them at the position
dfosterf (1-May) : Not going to be shocked if Gilmore goes to the Lions.
dfosterf (1-May) : I hear you dhazer, but my guess would be Gilmore Colts and Howard Vikings from what little has been reported.
Mucky Tundra (30-Apr) : S learn from McKinney who learns from Hafley who learns from the fans. Guaranteed Super Bowl
Zero2Cool (30-Apr) : could*
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Safeties should learn from Xavier.
dhazer (29-Apr) : And what about grabbing a Gilmore or Howard at CB ? Those are all Free Agents left
dhazer (29-Apr) : out of curiosity do they try and sign Simmons or Hyde to let these young safeties learn from, they can't be day 1 starters.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : I miss having Sam Shields.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Not that he's making excuses, just pointing it out
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : That's for dang sure. Make our erratic kicker have no excuse!
packerfanoutwest (28-Apr) : having a great long snapper is gold
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : LaFleur looking like he had some weight. Coachin will do that lol
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Thanks Mucky and whomever created topcos for each pick!
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Insane about Kingsley
dfosterf (28-Apr) : Putring it here so Mucky sees it. He was our guy!
dfosterf (28-Apr) : Bowden long snapper Wisconsin. Consensus best LS in college.
dfosterf (28-Apr) : We got Peter Bowde
dfosterf (28-Apr) : I personally interpret that as a partial tear that can be recovered from with rehab
dfosterf (28-Apr) : MLF said Kingsley Enagbare did NOT tear his ACL and did NOT require surgery, and that he is "looking good" for the 2024 season!
beast (28-Apr) : T.O. son signs with the 49ers
Mucky Tundra (28-Apr) : damn those vikings
beast (27-Apr) : UDFA Vikings sign TE – Trey Knox, South Carolina
beast (27-Apr) : Kitchen was all high from Miami, he was more lucky than talented in 2022 and it showed in 2023
beast (27-Apr) : Reportedly Packers have UDFAs Jennings and Jones
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / earthquake

7h / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

5-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / beast

4-May / Packers Draft Threads / bboystyle

4-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

3-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.