MontanaBob
12 years ago
I know.....I could make a thousand jokes about Mothers-in Law, but Esther was one of a kind. She was different, but everybody who met her loved her. She passed away on Feb. 22, 2002, and still visits us. At least we think its her.

Her younger sisters husband (both still alive) was a woodworker and made each of his in-laws a beautiful handcrafted grandfather clock. From Scratch. With very limited power tools. These were all built by hand in Hebron, N.D. in the 50's and early 60's. When Esther died we were at her house that afternoon figuring out how to clear everything out and to whom it should go. The junk went to those relatives that didn't show up to help clean.

So...on the day she died she had forgotten to pull up the three chains that run the time and chimes (on the quarter hour by the way). The clock had stopped at 8:30 AM so we figured she died sometime before that. About 2 in the afternoon the clocked chimed and several of us went and looked and it was running and the hands were at the correct time. There was only 4 of us in the house and we all saw each other and none of us were near that clock at any time before that. Wow.....Esther is still with us!

Fast forward to now. My wife and I have the clock and just before this past Christmas the pendulum and its' attachment to the upper movement snapped off. Probably from metal fatigue of swinging back and forth for so long. So the clock doesn't run at all. It had stopped at 7:45 AM. Little by little the clock has been advancing time with no one moving the hands or anything else. It now says 8:30AM. I have looked up into the movement and nothing is moving or clicking or clacking or whatever Grandfather clock movements do.

The other day I finally said, "Esther, if you're moving the hands on the clock why don't you get it to the right time?"

Three hours later I came back from subbing down at school and the clock was at 11:45AM....about 5 minutes off the correct time. Nobody was here, and Murphi our wonder Yorkie is hardly tall enough to get up there, open the door, and move the hands. It's still at 11:45, so I guess Esther made her point. Anyone got any ideas on why it's moving like that?

Gonna call Ghost Hunters.
Anyone for a Weenie Roast?
4PackGirl
12 years ago
holy haunting!!! one of my boys favorite shows is ghost hunters. odd for two 9 year olds? perhaps. but since losing my dad, they're fascinated with death, heaven, the after life, & those who are stuck between worlds.

don't know what the clock is doing but it'd scare the bajeebers outta me! it makes no sense that it could move without the proper moving parts. freaky!!!
Dexter_Sinister
12 years ago
If it were my house, I would move the hands on the clock without telling people all the time.

Just to mess with them.
I want to go out like my Grandpa did. Peacefully in his sleep.
Not screaming in terror like his passengers.
MontanaBob
12 years ago
I've thought of doing that Dexter, but I get blamed for enough crap that happens that I didn't do, I don't want to really get in big trouble.

You know how it goes....every criminal in jail "DIDN'T DO IT."
Cheesey
12 years ago
I have seen/ had strange things happen that i couldn't explain.
So it wouldn't surprise me if something was going on at Bob's house.
Bob, have you noticed anything else that might be strange (I mean, even for you?)LOL!
My sister in law had a poltergeist in her home that loved to move things and throw things. They never did figure out what was doing it.
If i were you, Bob, I would leave a pen and piece of paper by the clock, ask a question and see if anything shows up later on the paper. Maybe it will get some response.
UserPostedImage
DakotaT
12 years ago
My mother-in-law is always present. She lives in the mannerisms of her daughter, Mrs. Dakota, and it is the absolute worst kind of haunting possible. It is not legal anymore to beat stupid out of your wife. You just have to live with it, forever like having moron trolls as good buddies.

Sorry about the poltergeists Bob. BTW, you sending us another biblical flood this spring? I don't want to have sandbag for whiney rich dumbasses living by the river again.
UserPostedImage
vikesrule
12 years ago

..It is not legal anymore to beat stupid out of your wife...

Originally Posted by: DakotaT 

Your wife is not stupid.

She's a beautiful, intelligent Minnesota girl that made one incredibly idiotic choice in her life.
And she's been paying for it ever since her wedding day.
Hell, the woman should be put in for sainthood after all these years.

Interesting story Bob.
Interesting as well that you posted this exactly 10 years to the day of her passing.
DakotaT
12 years ago

Your wife is not stupid.

She's a beautiful, intelligent Minnesota girl that made one incredibly idiotic choice in her life.
And she's been paying for it ever since her wedding day.
Hell, the woman should be put in for sainthood after all these years.

Originally Posted by: vikesrule 

OK VR, take a real deep breath for this one: she wasn't even close to the hotness I could have married earlier in my life had I wanted to.

It must just eat you alive to know that old dumbass Forrest Gump Dakota has been able to land some incredibly hot tail, while you sat there teaching poetry to fat girls. As they say in your area, UFFDA.
UserPostedImage
MontanaBob
12 years ago
All right, I'm back among the living. Sicker than snot the past week and didn't even want to look at a computer, eat anything, etc., etc.,!

We've come up with one theory...we have lots of small earthquakes around here and since Christmas the U of M Geology Dept. has recorded 48 tremors under 3.0 around this area. So, either that's moving the clock or we really have Esther in our midst. I'm a skeptic, but my daughter who is here now is a firm believer in the hereafter, ghosts and whatever. Afterall, she worked at the UFO Museum in Roswell, NM for 7 years: saw the supposed crash site and all the evidence hidden away in the airport hangars; and firmly believes that people can come back and be among us.

Esther....if that's you, at least fix my back gate. Remember my Elk incident from a couple winters ago? Gate still doesn't shut properly.
DakotaT
12 years ago
Bob what's your take on the Yellowstone supervolcano? You think that baby is anywhere near read to blow, or is it stable enough to just not even worry about?
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
Martha Careful (10-May) : 1. this is true of all our linemen. 2. His run block is fine. 3. If all OL played like he has, we would win SB.
beast (10-May) : Meyers pass blocking is really good, his run blocking is really not.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : Packers have claimed DE Spencer Waege off of waivers from the 49ers and waived DT Rodney Mathews.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : And the OL protections seem to be good.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : I really don't know lol. I don't see him getting blown up.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : -3 buwahhhahaaha
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : 4th
Zero2Cool (9-May) : because he's 1st
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : Myers isn't even the 3rd best C on the roster atm
Martha Careful (9-May) : I am not sure I understand the Myers hate. He was consistently our third best lineman. RG and LT were worse.
beast (9-May) : Just saying I don't think moving Myers would help Myers.
beast (9-May) : Center is usually considered the easiest position physically if you can handle the snap stuff.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : Bust it is then
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Context. Sounds like Myers won't be cross-trained. C or bust.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : @BookOfEli_NFL Packers pass game coordinator, Jason Vrable said that Jayden Reed and Dontayvion Wicks shared a placed in Florida while train
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : For now...
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers go about evaluating their "best five," OL coach Luke Butkus makes on thing clear: "Josh Myers is our center."
beast (8-May) : Though I'm a bit surprised letting go of CBs, I thought we needed more not less
beast (8-May) : It was confusing with two DB Anthony Johnson anyways
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers actually had Ray Lewis on the phone.
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers wanted to draft Ray Lewis. Ravens stole him.
Martha Careful (6-May) : Happy 93rd Birthday to the Greatest Baseball Player of All-Time...Willie Mays
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Walter Stanely's son
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : and released CB Anthony Johnson and DL Deandre Johnson and waived/injured WR Thyrick Pitts (thigh-rick).
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : The Green Bay Packers have signed WR Julian Hicks, OL Lecitus Smith (luh-SEET-us) and WR Dimitri Stanley
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Petty, but it's annoying me how the NFL is making the schedule release an event.
Mucky Tundra (4-May) : @mattschneidman Matt LaFleur on how he tore his pec: “Got in a fight with the bench press. I lost.”
Zero2Cool (3-May) : Jordan Love CAN sign an extension as of today. Might tak weeks/months though
TheKanataThrilla (3-May) : Packers decline 5th year option for Stokes
Mucky Tundra (3-May) : @ProFootballTalk Jaylen Warren: Steelers' special teams coach has discussed Justin Fields returning kicks.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Season officially ending tonight for Bucks ... sad face
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Giannis Antetokounmpo is listed as out for tonight's game.
dfosterf (2-May) : Surprisingly low initially is my guess cap wise, but gonna pay the piper after that
dfosterf (2-May) : The number on Love is going to be brutal.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : May 3rd. Extension day for Jordan Love. (soonest)
Zero2Cool (1-May) : USFL MVP QB Alex McGough moved to WR. So that's why no WR drafted!
earthquake (1-May) : Packers draft starters at safety ever few years. Collins, Clinton-Dix, Savage
beast (1-May) : Why can't the rookies be a day 1 starter? Especially when we grabbed 3 of them at the position
dfosterf (1-May) : Not going to be shocked if Gilmore goes to the Lions.
dfosterf (1-May) : I hear you dhazer, but my guess would be Gilmore Colts and Howard Vikings from what little has been reported.
Mucky Tundra (30-Apr) : S learn from McKinney who learns from Hafley who learns from the fans. Guaranteed Super Bowl
Zero2Cool (30-Apr) : could*
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Safeties should learn from Xavier.
dhazer (29-Apr) : And what about grabbing a Gilmore or Howard at CB ? Those are all Free Agents left
dhazer (29-Apr) : out of curiosity do they try and sign Simmons or Hyde to let these young safeties learn from, they can't be day 1 starters.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : I miss having Sam Shields.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Not that he's making excuses, just pointing it out
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : That's for dang sure. Make our erratic kicker have no excuse!
packerfanoutwest (28-Apr) : having a great long snapper is gold
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : LaFleur looking like he had some weight. Coachin will do that lol
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
16m / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

17h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

10-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

10-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

9-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

5-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.