DarkaneRules
12 years ago
I don't have a big problem with this. The makeup in character is quite strong on our team. We only have one trash talker so to speak in Finley to worry about. Woodson is still a player capable of backing up this kind of statement. It is a display of confidence in himself and his team. Hopefully it is also confidence in their defense turning it around. Communication is the biggest problem followed by decreasing effectiveness of our down-linemen across the board.
Circular Arguments: They are a heck of an annoyance
gbguy20
12 years ago
2 Golden posts by zero in this thread (we need a multiquote button)

lol you make a thread to not talk about something? :)

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

amazing.

Hopefully the talk of Packers undefeated season doesn't motivate the Vikings.

haha I see what you did there:

Frazier says talk of Packers’ undefeated season motivates Vikings

Packers cornerback Charles Woodson is openly talking about the possibility of Green Bay going 19-0. Vikings coach Leslie Frazier wants to bring that to an end .

Anywho, why are you all talking about how you don't like to hear this? In the same interview Charles talked about the flaws of the defense and the work that needs to be done to get it turned around. Hes not losing sight of the goal, hes not losing track of what he and the defense need to get done. He is just stating that he wants to go undefeated. What player/team wouldn't?

edit #4:
So the article this thread was based on apparently cut out every single thing he said besides the undefeated part, so now I understand the discussion in this thread. I recommend taking a gander at a more lengthy article on the subject before you react.
porky88
12 years ago
The Colts turned their head and New England ignored the questions. Neither won a Super Bowl. I would rather the Packers embrace their opportunity at history. Don’t shy away from it and don’t ignore questions about it. Hit everything head on. That’s the best approach to handling a situation like this one.

With that said, I don’t think you can realistically talk an undefeated season until you reach 10-0. Once you get to double-digit wins, then there is something in the air. Until then, I would focus on covering people if I was Woodson, but his approach is the right one to take. Just not right now.
Rockmolder
12 years ago
So what's to be bothered by here, really?

The mythical bulletin board material that magically works once every 10 games when the underdog actually beats the big guy and gets ignored the other games? That belt celebration is a great example. Never came up as being a big motivator, untill we lost against the Cards... All of a sudden Rodgers was arrogant and overconfident.

The fact that a football player is confident, even when he's not having his best season? Woodson's still far from a liability.

We're 8-0. All we need is another 8-0. Why does it suddenly change from not being able to be spoken about to being acceptable at 10 or 12 wins? If anything, we could drop a game or 3 now if we don't start thinking about 16-0. 15-1, 14-2 and 13-3 generally don't make a huge difference, anyway. Where'd the necessity come from, otherwise?

I like this as something to actually keep the players going and keep them hungry.

Yes, I know that we hardly have a 16-0 defense at this point in time, but it is a defense that comes up with some key plays at key moments... And I'm not sure how long the offense can keep rolling like this, but when your offense is scoring 34.4 points per game, you can cover some stuff up.

The irony in all of this is that, if we'll lose one, it'll most likely be to a lack of pass rush. Being the bitter, cynical egomaniac that I am, I would be gloating a tad bit in my anger that that happened to be the part lacking for us to go undefeated...
dhazer
12 years ago
I don't even want to hear these guys talking about an undefeated season because after Mondays game against the vikes we play against all teams that are 500 or above. The combined record for the 1st half of the season for the opponents is 28-38 and we won 4 of those games by one score or less. Now the 2nd half of the season the teams have a combined record of 38-27. So lets just worry about getting to 11 wins to make sure we get in the playoffs and then lets get the divison and if we are still undefeated after 13 wins then we can start the talk of undefeated. I gave us about a 5% chance of going undefeated.
Yes it's nice to talk about it but lets take the goggles off and think about it, we face 2 division leaders and 2 wildcard teams, thats 5 of the games there.

So I wish our guys would just be quiet and get the defense playing on a level they were last year.
Just Imagine this for the next 6-9 years. What a ride it will be 🙂 (PS, Zero should charge for this)
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
12 years ago
I love it when people talk about Yeh record of the teams the Packers played....discounting that the Packers WON which lowers that winning percentage. Genius.
UserPostedImage
dhazer
12 years ago

I love it when people talk about Yeh record of the teams the Packers played....discounting that the Packers WON which lowers that winning percentage. Genius.

Well its not like the teams are major powerhouses, except maybe the Saints, but do the Rams, Vikes, Panthers and Broncos really scare anyone?

Just Imagine this for the next 6-9 years. What a ride it will be 🙂 (PS, Zero should charge for this)
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
12 years ago

Well its not like the teams are major powerhouses, except maybe the Saints, but do the Rams, Vikes, Panthers and Broncos really scare anyone?

Originally Posted by: dhazer 

Ask the Saints about the Rams and ask the Raiders about the Broncos.

Fact is, against the teams the Packers played, ... collectively speaking they gave those teams 8 of their losses. Seems pretty naive to use that against the Packers. Well, unless you're a Packers and Ted Thompson hater who loves Dez Bryant and Michael Crabtree over WINNING!
UserPostedImage
mi_keys
12 years ago

Originally Posted by: dhazer 

And who left is a major powerhouse?

Clearly in your mind the Bears aren't otherwise you would include them in the list from the first half. The Buccaneers, Chiefs and Raiders are all mediocre at best. Maybe you want to say the Giants are a powerhouse but their 12th in scoring offense and 21st in scoring defense. The teams they've played have a combined 22-42 record (20-36 in games not against the Giants). Yeah, their win against New England was impressive. I'm hard pressed though to think of another impressive game from them and I keep getting stuck on their pathetic displays against Seattle and Miami. I'd say the Saints, Bears and Falcons are all better teams than the Giants.

Frankly, our three hardest games remaining are against the Bears and the two against the Lions and we've already beaten Chicago once. I think it's unlikely we go 16-0 but our second half schedule is no where near as hard as people are making it out to be.
Born and bred a cheesehead
Zero2Cool
12 years ago
Even if the Packers go .500 the rest of the regular season, that's 12 - 4. Kind of cool?
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
Mucky Tundra (8h) : Bust it is then
Zero2Cool (9h) : Context. Sounds like Myers won't be cross-trained. C or bust.
Mucky Tundra (10h) : @BookOfEli_NFL Packers pass game coordinator, Jason Vrable said that Jayden Reed and Dontayvion Wicks shared a placed in Florida while train
Mucky Tundra (10h) : For now...
Zero2Cool (11h) : Packers go about evaluating their "best five," OL coach Luke Butkus makes on thing clear: "Josh Myers is our center."
beast (13h) : Though I'm a bit surprised letting go of CBs, I thought we needed more not less
beast (13h) : It was confusing with two DB Anthony Johnson anyways
Zero2Cool (17h) : Packers actually had Ray Lewis on the phone.
Zero2Cool (17h) : Packers wanted to draft Ray Lewis. Ravens stole him.
Martha Careful (6-May) : Happy 93rd Birthday to the Greatest Baseball Player of All-Time...Willie Mays
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Walter Stanely's son
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : and released CB Anthony Johnson and DL Deandre Johnson and waived/injured WR Thyrick Pitts (thigh-rick).
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : The Green Bay Packers have signed WR Julian Hicks, OL Lecitus Smith (luh-SEET-us) and WR Dimitri Stanley
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Petty, but it's annoying me how the NFL is making the schedule release an event.
Mucky Tundra (4-May) : @mattschneidman Matt LaFleur on how he tore his pec: “Got in a fight with the bench press. I lost.”
Zero2Cool (3-May) : Jordan Love CAN sign an extension as of today. Might tak weeks/months though
TheKanataThrilla (3-May) : Packers decline 5th year option for Stokes
Mucky Tundra (3-May) : @ProFootballTalk Jaylen Warren: Steelers' special teams coach has discussed Justin Fields returning kicks.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Season officially ending tonight for Bucks ... sad face
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Giannis Antetokounmpo is listed as out for tonight's game.
dfosterf (2-May) : Surprisingly low initially is my guess cap wise, but gonna pay the piper after that
dfosterf (2-May) : The number on Love is going to be brutal.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : May 3rd. Extension day for Jordan Love. (soonest)
Zero2Cool (1-May) : USFL MVP QB Alex McGough moved to WR. So that's why no WR drafted!
earthquake (1-May) : Packers draft starters at safety ever few years. Collins, Clinton-Dix, Savage
beast (1-May) : Why can't the rookies be a day 1 starter? Especially when we grabbed 3 of them at the position
dfosterf (1-May) : Not going to be shocked if Gilmore goes to the Lions.
dfosterf (1-May) : I hear you dhazer, but my guess would be Gilmore Colts and Howard Vikings from what little has been reported.
Mucky Tundra (30-Apr) : S learn from McKinney who learns from Hafley who learns from the fans. Guaranteed Super Bowl
Zero2Cool (30-Apr) : could*
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Safeties should learn from Xavier.
dhazer (29-Apr) : And what about grabbing a Gilmore or Howard at CB ? Those are all Free Agents left
dhazer (29-Apr) : out of curiosity do they try and sign Simmons or Hyde to let these young safeties learn from, they can't be day 1 starters.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : I miss having Sam Shields.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Not that he's making excuses, just pointing it out
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : That's for dang sure. Make our erratic kicker have no excuse!
packerfanoutwest (28-Apr) : having a great long snapper is gold
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : LaFleur looking like he had some weight. Coachin will do that lol
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Thanks Mucky and whomever created topcos for each pick!
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Insane about Kingsley
dfosterf (28-Apr) : Putring it here so Mucky sees it. He was our guy!
dfosterf (28-Apr) : Bowden long snapper Wisconsin. Consensus best LS in college.
dfosterf (28-Apr) : We got Peter Bowde
dfosterf (28-Apr) : I personally interpret that as a partial tear that can be recovered from with rehab
dfosterf (28-Apr) : MLF said Kingsley Enagbare did NOT tear his ACL and did NOT require surgery, and that he is "looking good" for the 2024 season!
beast (28-Apr) : T.O. son signs with the 49ers
Mucky Tundra (28-Apr) : damn those vikings
beast (27-Apr) : UDFA Vikings sign TE – Trey Knox, South Carolina
beast (27-Apr) : Kitchen was all high from Miami, he was more lucky than talented in 2022 and it showed in 2023
beast (27-Apr) : Reportedly Packers have UDFAs Jennings and Jones
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

3h / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

5-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / beast

4-May / Packers Draft Threads / bboystyle

4-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

3-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.