GermanGilbert
13 years ago

For me this is all about DOME games vs games on grass. We struggle on grass. Hopefully with a boosted run game, that will improve. Maybe we can get a big tough RG to replace Colledge. Be nice to replace Cliffy too.

"nerdmann" wrote:

If you want to replace Colledge, you better search for a LG 😉
blank
Greg C.
13 years ago

The two games against the Lions scare me. I really think they will be a good team this year. They arn't the "pushovers" they were before.

"Cheesey" wrote:

A big difference last year was that the Lions seemed to match up well against the Packers on the line, especially their D-line vs. our O-line. That will make them a tough out once again. However, there were a couple of flukey things that helped the Lions last year, both at the QB position. In the first game, Lions backup QB Sean Hill played out of his head. The guy was awesome. And of course in the second game Aaron Rodgers got knocked out in the second quarter. Hopefully the Packers will have the QB advantage back for both games next year.
blank
blueleopard
13 years ago
I agree to an extent, Greg. I just fear the progression of Ndamukong Suh. That guy is gonna wreak havoc for a decade and a half. Offensive line has to be a priority for the Packers.

Hill is one of the best backup QB's in the league, and it doesn't hurt to have guys like Pettigrew and Megatron to throw to. Didn't even mention their depth at tailback.

But our defense is still insane. We would've won that last game had Flynn completed that bomb at the end, and if that stupid interception didn't happen.
Danreb Victorio A Believer of Greg Jennings
beast
13 years ago

For me this is all about DOME games vs games on grass. We struggle on grass. Hopefully with a boosted run game, that will improve. Maybe we can get a big tough RG to replace Colledge. Be nice to replace Cliffy too.

"Zero2Cool" wrote:

I think Bulaga better fits the LT, so a RT is something the Packers need.

LG is fine. Colledge is a pro bowler just waiting to happen...

"nerdmann" wrote:

I'm a fan of Colledge but he is inconsistent. Colledge seems to have his best seasons when Mike McCarthy tell him he's starting spot is at risk and he has to fight for it, and has has some of his worst games when Mike McCarthy says his spot is safe.

Also for the Ravens OT Oher played great at RT but had some problems at LT when he was asked to make the switch back. I worry about the same problem with Bulaga. And Mike McCarthy said he like having two LT types one at each OT spot and expects them both to be able to run block as well.

The two games against the Lions scare me. I really think they will be a good team this year. They arn't the "pushovers" they were before.

"Greg C." wrote:

A big difference last year was that the Lions seemed to match up well against the Packers on the line, especially their D-line vs. our O-line. That will make them a tough out once again. However, there were a couple of flukey things that helped the Lions last year, both at the QB position. In the first game, Lions backup QB Sean Hill played out of his head. The guy was awesome. And of course in the second game Aaron Rodgers got knocked out in the second quarter. Hopefully the Packers will have the QB advantage back for both games next year.

"Cheesey" wrote:

Also the Packers couldn't run the ball... which mean the Lions knew we were going to pass it, which they had a great set up against the pass. Spread the DEs out wide and make it much harder on the OTs, while the Packers still couldn't run the ball.

It probably didn't help they had DT Corey Williams who might remember some of the offense calls. And Williams is a great pass rusher... too bad we couldn't get the running game going and run at Williams. He wears down if you keep doing it. And Suh would of started to cheat over towards his side making it a bit easier to go on the outside of Suh the other way.

When Suh was asked who is the best NFL OL he's faced he answered Sitton. I forget when that was...
UserPostedImage
porky88
13 years ago

My brother lives in Myrtle Beach. I'd love to catch the Panthers game with him...

Only semi-related: Packers only appear in 4 out of 32 prime-time game this year. Has any other Superbowl Champ ever been so thoroughly crapped on by the networks?

"Since69" wrote:

1 TNF game
2 SNF games
1 MNF game
1 Thanksgiving game

They're on five prime time slots, which I think is the maximum the NFL gives you for the schedule. Of course, flex changes that. I'd say it was respectable.
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
13 years ago
They have five 3:15 starts. Not bad considering they are normally a Noon kickoff.
UserPostedImage
dyeah_gb
13 years ago
I understand the choice of the Saints but I agree with wpr that a replay of the NFC championship would have been cool.

Does the release of the schedule have any implications on the lockout?

Packers/Saints and a bunch of awesome rivalry games on the first Sunday. Games honoring New York on the 10th anniversary of 9/11. It would be shame for the season not to happen.
The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool - R. Feynman
dhazer
13 years ago
I am surprised noone has brought up the fact that 7 of our last 8 games are outside in the cold. Yes 5 of the 8 are at home but I am sure the Giants are going to be looking for revenge in the new meadowlands where it will be nice and cold in Decemeber and I am sure it won't be that warm in Kansas City for our visit
Just Imagine this for the next 6-9 years. What a ride it will be 🙂 (PS, Zero should charge for this)
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
13 years ago

I am surprised noone has brought up the fact that 7 of our last 8 games are outside in the cold. Yes 5 of the 8 are at home but I am sure the Giants are going to be looking for revenge in the new meadowlands where it will be nice and cold in Decemeber and I am sure it won't be that warm in Kansas City for our visit

"dhazer" wrote:

I thought someone did mention the weather in an earlier post. I do like it, even though I think the Packers are a better indoor team than outdoor. That may change with the combo of Grant and Starks.
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
Martha Careful (16h) : I bet some of us have had 6+ mRNA jabs, a UKR flag on our walls, and still think Fauci has a thread of integrity
Zero2Cool (20h) : From what I've read, it's all Jets , not us.
CanPackFan (23h) : Will there ever be a time when Rodgers' whacko views will not reflect on GB? He is the past, thank god.
Zero2Cool (16-May) : Jan 4th gonna be rough with that start time lol
Zero2Cool (16-May) : Packers schedule listed. Boom.
buckeyepackfan (15-May) : Let the leaks begin. Colts @ Packers week 2, Vikings @ Packers week 4
Zero2Cool (14-May) : WR Marquez Valdes-Scantling to Bills
Zero2Cool (14-May) : Jets and Aaron Rodgers open up on Monday Night Football,
Zero2Cool (13-May) : $170 guaranteed. This might impact Jordan Love
Zero2Cool (13-May) : Lions are signing QB Jared Goff to a four-year, $212 million extension
Zero2Cool (13-May) : I know we moved on. That tidbit just makes me a touch happier.
Zero2Cool (13-May) : Sources spoke of many, many times last summer where Hackett called a play, then Rodgers changed it completely at the line
Martha Careful (10-May) : 1. this is true of all our linemen. 2. His run block is fine. 3. If all OL played like he has, we would win SB.
beast (10-May) : Meyers pass blocking is really good, his run blocking is really not.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : Packers have claimed DE Spencer Waege off of waivers from the 49ers and waived DT Rodney Mathews.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : And the OL protections seem to be good.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : I really don't know lol. I don't see him getting blown up.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : -3 buwahhhahaaha
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : 4th
Zero2Cool (9-May) : because he's 1st
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : Myers isn't even the 3rd best C on the roster atm
Martha Careful (9-May) : I am not sure I understand the Myers hate. He was consistently our third best lineman. RG and LT were worse.
beast (9-May) : Just saying I don't think moving Myers would help Myers.
beast (9-May) : Center is usually considered the easiest position physically if you can handle the snap stuff.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : Bust it is then
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Context. Sounds like Myers won't be cross-trained. C or bust.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : @BookOfEli_NFL Packers pass game coordinator, Jason Vrable said that Jayden Reed and Dontayvion Wicks shared a placed in Florida while train
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : For now...
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers go about evaluating their "best five," OL coach Luke Butkus makes on thing clear: "Josh Myers is our center."
beast (8-May) : Though I'm a bit surprised letting go of CBs, I thought we needed more not less
beast (8-May) : It was confusing with two DB Anthony Johnson anyways
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers actually had Ray Lewis on the phone.
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers wanted to draft Ray Lewis. Ravens stole him.
Martha Careful (6-May) : Happy 93rd Birthday to the Greatest Baseball Player of All-Time...Willie Mays
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Walter Stanely's son
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : and released CB Anthony Johnson and DL Deandre Johnson and waived/injured WR Thyrick Pitts (thigh-rick).
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : The Green Bay Packers have signed WR Julian Hicks, OL Lecitus Smith (luh-SEET-us) and WR Dimitri Stanley
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Petty, but it's annoying me how the NFL is making the schedule release an event.
Mucky Tundra (4-May) : @mattschneidman Matt LaFleur on how he tore his pec: “Got in a fight with the bench press. I lost.”
Zero2Cool (3-May) : Jordan Love CAN sign an extension as of today. Might tak weeks/months though
TheKanataThrilla (3-May) : Packers decline 5th year option for Stokes
Mucky Tundra (3-May) : @ProFootballTalk Jaylen Warren: Steelers' special teams coach has discussed Justin Fields returning kicks.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Season officially ending tonight for Bucks ... sad face
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Giannis Antetokounmpo is listed as out for tonight's game.
dfosterf (2-May) : Surprisingly low initially is my guess cap wise, but gonna pay the piper after that
dfosterf (2-May) : The number on Love is going to be brutal.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : May 3rd. Extension day for Jordan Love. (soonest)
Zero2Cool (1-May) : USFL MVP QB Alex McGough moved to WR. So that's why no WR drafted!
earthquake (1-May) : Packers draft starters at safety ever few years. Collins, Clinton-Dix, Savage
beast (1-May) : Why can't the rookies be a day 1 starter? Especially when we grabbed 3 of them at the position
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2024 Packers Schedule
Friday, Sep 6 @ 7:15 PM
Eagles
Sunday, Sep 15 @ 12:00 PM
COLTS
Sunday, Sep 22 @ 12:00 PM
Titans
Sunday, Sep 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Oct 6 @ 3:25 PM
Rams
Sunday, Oct 13 @ 12:00 PM
CARDINALS
Sunday, Oct 20 @ 12:00 PM
TEXANS
Sunday, Oct 27 @ 12:00 PM
Jaguars
Sunday, Nov 3 @ 3:25 PM
LIONS
Sunday, Nov 17 @ 12:00 PM
Bears
Sunday, Nov 24 @ 3:25 PM
49ERS
Thursday, Nov 28 @ 7:20 PM
DOLPHINS
Thursday, Dec 5 @ 7:15 PM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 15 @ 7:20 PM
Seahawks
Monday, Dec 23 @ 7:15 PM
SAINTS
Sunday, Dec 29 @ 12:00 PM
Vikings
Saturday, Jan 4 @ 11:00 PM
BEARS
Recent Topics
17h / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

15-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

13-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / dhazer

13-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

12-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

11-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

10-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

10-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

9-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

5-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.