Dexter_Sinister
13 years ago
There is a third option with Hawk. Pay him. We can afford that.
I want to go out like my Grandpa did. Peacefully in his sleep.
Not screaming in terror like his passengers.
Wade
  • Wade
  • Veteran Member
13 years ago
Correct me if I'm wrong, but the part of the season when Clay Matthews was least of a factor was when Jenkins wasn't available.

Yes, Jenkins is going to cost a bunch to keep. But I don't understand the ease with which people are willing to let a superstud player go.

This is not Barnett, who people still argue about how good he is or isn't. This is not Hawk, who no one (save perhaps AJ's agent) thinks is worth 10 million a year. This is not Jones, who still has some questions about whether he's going to solve his performance questions (i.e. drops).

Jenkins is a All-Pro quality stud at his position. You just don't let All-Pros go because All-Pros are expensive to keep.

IMO letting Jenkins go would be as dumb as the Raiders letting Asomugha go. Maybe dumber.
And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
Romans 12:2 (NKJV)
zombieslayer
13 years ago

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the part of the season when Clay Matthews was least of a factor was when Jenkins wasn't available.

Yes, Jenkins is going to cost a bunch to keep. But I don't understand the ease with which people are willing to let a superstud player go.

This is not Barnett, who people still argue about how good he is or isn't. This is not Hawk, who no one (save perhaps AJ's agent) thinks is worth 10 million a year. This is not Jones, who still has some questions about whether he's going to solve his performance questions (i.e. drops).

Jenkins is a All-Pro quality stud at his position. You just don't let All-Pros go because All-Pros are expensive to keep.

IMO letting Jenkins go would be as dumb as the Raiders letting Asomugha go. Maybe dumber.

"Wade" wrote:

+ 1

It would be dumb. You are correct.

Jenkins is an All-Pro quality player. The ONLY legitimate criticism of Jenkins is his durability. Everything else is not a legitimate criticism. Money? Pay him. He's worth it.

You get what you pay for folks. If you want some cheap gadget made in China, don't cry to me when it breaks, bitch.

He had 7 sacks in 11 games in 2010. Plus, look at this face: UserPostedImage

If you're an OL, that's not the face you want to see.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)
2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. 🇹🇹 🇲🇲 🇦🇷
Wade
  • Wade
  • Veteran Member
13 years ago

If you want some cheap gadget made in China, don't cry to me when it breaks, bitch.

"zombieslayer" wrote:

I had a Spooner moment when reading this....thought it said, "If you want some cheap bitch made in China, don't cry to me when the gadget breaks."

Erm. Guess we know where my mind is this Saturday morning.
And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
Romans 12:2 (NKJV)
13 years ago

Bye, bye Cullen Jenkins...its been a good ride.

$11-13 million. Ted Thompson probably lol'd.

"G-Force" wrote:

Ted Thompson does not laugh.
peteralan71
13 years ago
I really think it would be a bad idea to let Jenkins go. Last year, McCarthy referred to Jenkins as possibly one of the best defensive players we have. Our defense is ridiculous, and Jenkins still stands out. Pay him.
Green Bay: Home of the Green & Gold. And the hunter orange. And the camouflage.
UserPostedImage
Mckennj3
13 years ago
People will want ted's head if we let Jenkins go and CM3 has a off year.
An opposite side threat like Jenkins can pave the way for a probowl LB year. Any dates for when Jolly does/doesnt get reinstated?
We are born naked, wet and hungry. Then things get worse.
Lynn_Dickey
13 years ago
If you were trying to estimate the future of Cullen, you have a very good estimator with his older brother. Their jeans are very similar (duh). Kris Jenkin's body really started to breakdown after the age of 30. I think he only played in 6 games in 2009, and was knocked out for the season in the first game of 2010. Before that he was with the Panthers were I believe he had problems staying healthy at the end. I love Cullen, and I WANT to pay him the money. But if I were Ted Thompson and I took wants and dreams out of it, I would not pay him.
blank
go.pack.go.
13 years ago

If you were trying to estimate the future of Cullen, you have a very good estimator with his older brother. Their jeans are very similar (duh). Kris Jenkin's body really started to breakdown after the age of 30. I think he only played in 6 games in 2009, and was knocked out for the season in the first game of 2010. Before that he was with the Panthers were I believe he had problems staying healthy at the end. I love Cullen, and I WANT to pay him the money. But if I were Ted Thompson and I took wants and dreams out of it, I would not pay him.

"Lynn_Dickey" wrote:

How do you know that will happen to Cullen too? Kris Jenkins is a much bigger man that Cullen is, which IMO makes it easier for him to get hurt since he's older.
UserPostedImage
Mckennj3
13 years ago
Yeah tough to make an assumption through his brother, Carrying around an extra 60 pounds for 10 years can really take its toll on the body. I see Jenkins like most other dominant 30 yr old stars, they play up to their contract for the first few years while their massively overpaid for the last few. Guaranteed money and total years makes or breaks this deal for him.
We are born naked, wet and hungry. Then things get worse.
Fan Shout
Martha Careful (10-May) : 1. this is true of all our linemen. 2. His run block is fine. 3. If all OL played like he has, we would win SB.
beast (10-May) : Meyers pass blocking is really good, his run blocking is really not.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : Packers have claimed DE Spencer Waege off of waivers from the 49ers and waived DT Rodney Mathews.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : And the OL protections seem to be good.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : I really don't know lol. I don't see him getting blown up.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : -3 buwahhhahaaha
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : 4th
Zero2Cool (9-May) : because he's 1st
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : Myers isn't even the 3rd best C on the roster atm
Martha Careful (9-May) : I am not sure I understand the Myers hate. He was consistently our third best lineman. RG and LT were worse.
beast (9-May) : Just saying I don't think moving Myers would help Myers.
beast (9-May) : Center is usually considered the easiest position physically if you can handle the snap stuff.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : Bust it is then
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Context. Sounds like Myers won't be cross-trained. C or bust.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : @BookOfEli_NFL Packers pass game coordinator, Jason Vrable said that Jayden Reed and Dontayvion Wicks shared a placed in Florida while train
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : For now...
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers go about evaluating their "best five," OL coach Luke Butkus makes on thing clear: "Josh Myers is our center."
beast (8-May) : Though I'm a bit surprised letting go of CBs, I thought we needed more not less
beast (8-May) : It was confusing with two DB Anthony Johnson anyways
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers actually had Ray Lewis on the phone.
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers wanted to draft Ray Lewis. Ravens stole him.
Martha Careful (6-May) : Happy 93rd Birthday to the Greatest Baseball Player of All-Time...Willie Mays
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Walter Stanely's son
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : and released CB Anthony Johnson and DL Deandre Johnson and waived/injured WR Thyrick Pitts (thigh-rick).
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : The Green Bay Packers have signed WR Julian Hicks, OL Lecitus Smith (luh-SEET-us) and WR Dimitri Stanley
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Petty, but it's annoying me how the NFL is making the schedule release an event.
Mucky Tundra (4-May) : @mattschneidman Matt LaFleur on how he tore his pec: “Got in a fight with the bench press. I lost.”
Zero2Cool (3-May) : Jordan Love CAN sign an extension as of today. Might tak weeks/months though
TheKanataThrilla (3-May) : Packers decline 5th year option for Stokes
Mucky Tundra (3-May) : @ProFootballTalk Jaylen Warren: Steelers' special teams coach has discussed Justin Fields returning kicks.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Season officially ending tonight for Bucks ... sad face
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Giannis Antetokounmpo is listed as out for tonight's game.
dfosterf (2-May) : Surprisingly low initially is my guess cap wise, but gonna pay the piper after that
dfosterf (2-May) : The number on Love is going to be brutal.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : May 3rd. Extension day for Jordan Love. (soonest)
Zero2Cool (1-May) : USFL MVP QB Alex McGough moved to WR. So that's why no WR drafted!
earthquake (1-May) : Packers draft starters at safety ever few years. Collins, Clinton-Dix, Savage
beast (1-May) : Why can't the rookies be a day 1 starter? Especially when we grabbed 3 of them at the position
dfosterf (1-May) : Not going to be shocked if Gilmore goes to the Lions.
dfosterf (1-May) : I hear you dhazer, but my guess would be Gilmore Colts and Howard Vikings from what little has been reported.
Mucky Tundra (30-Apr) : S learn from McKinney who learns from Hafley who learns from the fans. Guaranteed Super Bowl
Zero2Cool (30-Apr) : could*
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Safeties should learn from Xavier.
dhazer (29-Apr) : And what about grabbing a Gilmore or Howard at CB ? Those are all Free Agents left
dhazer (29-Apr) : out of curiosity do they try and sign Simmons or Hyde to let these young safeties learn from, they can't be day 1 starters.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : I miss having Sam Shields.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Not that he's making excuses, just pointing it out
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : That's for dang sure. Make our erratic kicker have no excuse!
packerfanoutwest (28-Apr) : having a great long snapper is gold
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : LaFleur looking like he had some weight. Coachin will do that lol
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

10-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

10-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

9-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

5-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.