dhazer
  • dhazer
  • Veteran Member Topic Starter
13 years ago
Here is my take on how to decide where to play the Super Bowl. I think you take the winner of the Pro Bowl and the following year the Super Bowl is played in that teams home field. As an example Sunday the NFC won so next year the Super Bowl would be played in green Bay :)

This would give the players an incentive to show up and play in the game and it would also make them want to win and not play touch football.

Just something I was thinking about after hearing about the weather in Texas. They have bad weather there so what the hell is the difference besides playing the game outdoors.
Just Imagine this for the next 6-9 years. What a ride it will be ๐Ÿ™‚ (PS, Zero should charge for this)
UserPostedImage
Porforis
13 years ago
I've thought of that, but it would be a complete logistical nightmare. The Packers organization wouldn't know until two weeks beforehand whether they should expect a game at Lambeau. The city of Green Bay and local businesses wouldn't know until two weeks beforehand whether the entire county would be turned into a circus. Things like this take preparation.

It also wouldn't make good players on shitty teams care any more about the pro bowl, and some teams really don't have that much of a homefield advantage.
Pack93z
13 years ago
And Bud got blasted because he put a stake in the all star game.. if you want to play the game and have it invested in by the group.. then you tie something to it.

I don't know that all stadiums (Lambeau included) could effectively handle the Superbowl and the rush that comes with it. Especially not with only a year to prep for it.

It would take a couple years planning to pull off the event effectively.
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
Porforis
13 years ago

And Bud got blasted because he put a stake in the all star game.. if you want to play the game and have it invested in by the group.. then you tie something to it.

I don't know that all stadiums (Lambeau included) could effectively handle the Superbowl and the rush that comes with it. Especially not with only a year to prep for it.

It would take a couple years planning to pull off the event effectively.

"Pack93z" wrote:

What dhazer is saying is that the Pro bowl would only determine which conference would host the super bowl the next year. Since you don't know what team will be in that Superbowl until after the conference championships, that leaves only 2 weeks to prepare.
DakotaT
13 years ago
This is an example of why the common man needs to be represented in Washington. ๐Ÿ™‚ Sorry Haze, you know I love ya, but that isnt' a very good idea. If I ever make it to a SB, I don't want to freeze my nuts off for a week in GB or New York City. I might as well just stay home and freeze my nuts off. The Super Bowl should be played in warm weather cities and with advanced notice, like it is now. The system ain't broke so don't fix it. The Pro Bowl should just be ablished and the money spent on it could be donated to charity.

This system works in Baseball because of the 7 game series played in both participant's ball parks.
UserPostedImage
dhazer
  • dhazer
  • Veteran Member Topic Starter
13 years ago

This is an example of why the common man needs to be represented in Washington. ๐Ÿ™‚ Sorry Haze, you know I love ya, but that isnt' a very good idea. If I ever make it to a SB, I don't want to freeze my nuts off for a week in GB or New York City. I might as well just stay home and freeze my nuts off. The Super Bowl should be played in warm weather cities and with advanced notice, like it is now. The system ain't broke so don't fix it. The Pro Bowl should just be ablished and the money spent on it could be donated to charity.

This system works in Baseball because of the 7 game series played in both participant's ball parks.

"DakotaT" wrote:

Well I take it you won't be going to the 2012 Super Bowl seeing that is being played in the new Meadowlands ๐Ÿ˜›
Just Imagine this for the next 6-9 years. What a ride it will be ๐Ÿ™‚ (PS, Zero should charge for this)
UserPostedImage
peteralan71
13 years ago
The city of Green Bay could not stand up to the entire week of the Super Bowl. They just couldn't. Also, I sincerely doubt the Packers would rather play in GB in the dead of winter than on turf, indoors. Homefield advantage is big because of the fans more than the field and stadium, and in a Super Bowl, even if they play at home, it will be an even mix of fans as well as wealthy individuals who care nothing about football, but are showing their business partners how much money they have. There is a much bigger homefield advantage during regular season games.
Green Bay: Home of the Green & Gold. And the hunter orange. And the camouflage.
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
beast (4h) : Just saying I don't think moving Myers would help Myers.
beast (4h) : Center is usually considered the easiest position physically if you can handle the snap stuff.
Mucky Tundra (19h) : Bust it is then
Zero2Cool (20h) : Context. Sounds like Myers won't be cross-trained. C or bust.
Mucky Tundra (21h) : @BookOfEli_NFL Packers pass game coordinator, Jason Vrable said that Jayden Reed and Dontayvion Wicks shared a placed in Florida while train
Mucky Tundra (21h) : For now...
Zero2Cool (22h) : Packers go about evaluating their "best five," OL coach Luke Butkus makes on thing clear: "Josh Myers is our center."
beast (8-May) : Though I'm a bit surprised letting go of CBs, I thought we needed more not less
beast (8-May) : It was confusing with two DB Anthony Johnson anyways
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers actually had Ray Lewis on the phone.
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers wanted to draft Ray Lewis. Ravens stole him.
Martha Careful (6-May) : Happy 93rd Birthday to the Greatest Baseball Player of All-Time...Willie Mays
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Walter Stanely's son
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : and released CB Anthony Johnson and DL Deandre Johnson and waived/injured WR Thyrick Pitts (thigh-rick).
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : The Green Bay Packers have signed WR Julian Hicks, OL Lecitus Smith (luh-SEET-us) and WR Dimitri Stanley
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Petty, but it's annoying me how the NFL is making the schedule release an event.
Mucky Tundra (4-May) : @mattschneidman Matt LaFleur on how he tore his pec: โ€œGot in a fight with the bench press. I lost.โ€
Zero2Cool (3-May) : Jordan Love CAN sign an extension as of today. Might tak weeks/months though
TheKanataThrilla (3-May) : Packers decline 5th year option for Stokes
Mucky Tundra (3-May) : @ProFootballTalk Jaylen Warren: Steelers' special teams coach has discussed Justin Fields returning kicks.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Season officially ending tonight for Bucks ... sad face
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Giannis Antetokounmpo is listed as out for tonight's game.
dfosterf (2-May) : Surprisingly low initially is my guess cap wise, but gonna pay the piper after that
dfosterf (2-May) : The number on Love is going to be brutal.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : May 3rd. Extension day for Jordan Love. (soonest)
Zero2Cool (1-May) : USFL MVP QB Alex McGough moved to WR. So that's why no WR drafted!
earthquake (1-May) : Packers draft starters at safety ever few years. Collins, Clinton-Dix, Savage
beast (1-May) : Why can't the rookies be a day 1 starter? Especially when we grabbed 3 of them at the position
dfosterf (1-May) : Not going to be shocked if Gilmore goes to the Lions.
dfosterf (1-May) : I hear you dhazer, but my guess would be Gilmore Colts and Howard Vikings from what little has been reported.
Mucky Tundra (30-Apr) : S learn from McKinney who learns from Hafley who learns from the fans. Guaranteed Super Bowl
Zero2Cool (30-Apr) : could*
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Safeties should learn from Xavier.
dhazer (29-Apr) : And what about grabbing a Gilmore or Howard at CB ? Those are all Free Agents left
dhazer (29-Apr) : out of curiosity do they try and sign Simmons or Hyde to let these young safeties learn from, they can't be day 1 starters.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : I miss having Sam Shields.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Not that he's making excuses, just pointing it out
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : That's for dang sure. Make our erratic kicker have no excuse!
packerfanoutwest (28-Apr) : having a great long snapper is gold
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : LaFleur looking like he had some weight. Coachin will do that lol
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Thanks Mucky and whomever created topcos for each pick!
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Insane about Kingsley
dfosterf (28-Apr) : Putring it here so Mucky sees it. He was our guy!
dfosterf (28-Apr) : Bowden long snapper Wisconsin. Consensus best LS in college.
dfosterf (28-Apr) : We got Peter Bowde
dfosterf (28-Apr) : I personally interpret that as a partial tear that can be recovered from with rehab
dfosterf (28-Apr) : MLF said Kingsley Enagbare did NOT tear his ACL and did NOT require surgery, and that he is "looking good" for the 2024 season!
beast (28-Apr) : T.O. son signs with the 49ers
Mucky Tundra (28-Apr) : damn those vikings
beast (27-Apr) : UDFA Vikings sign TE โ€“ Trey Knox, South Carolina
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
31m / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

32m / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

8h / Green Bay Packers Talk / earthquake

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

5-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / beast

4-May / Packers Draft Threads / bboystyle

4-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

Copyright ยฉ 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.comโ„ข. All Rights Reserved.