TE Joel Wilson
Other veterans the Packers released at cutdowns
WR Samori Toure (‘22 7th round pick) - Signed to Chicago Bears’ practice squad
OL Royce Newman (‘21 4th round pick) - Claimed by Tampa Bay Buccaneers
OL Caleb Jones - Not returning to the team
OL Luke Tenuta
LB Kristian Welch - Not returning to the team
Other non-veterans the Packers released at cutdowns
QB Michael Pratt (‘24 7th round pick) - Signed to Tampa Bay Buccaneers’ practice squad
RB Ellis Merriweather
FB Henry Pearson
WR Grant DuBose (‘23 7th round pick) - Claimed by Miami Dolphins
WR Dimitri Stanley
WR Jalen Wayne
DE Deslin Alexandre
DE Keshawn Banks
DE Zach Morton
DE Brevin Allen
DT Spencer Waege
DT Keonte Schad
LB Christian Young
LB Chris Russell
CB Gemon Green
S Anthony Johnson Jr. (‘23 7th round pick) - Claimed by New York Giants
S Benny Sapp III
K Anders Carlson (‘23 6th round pick)
K Alex Hale (NFL International Player Pathway designation)

APC site 

UserPostedImage
beast
16 days ago

The Green Bay Packers announced the signing of 12 players to the practice squad on Wednesday, the first day teams can start filling out the practice squad after final cuts.

QB Sean Clifford
RB Nate McCrary
RB Ellis Merriweather
WR Julian Hicks
TE Messiah Swinson
OL Lecitus Smith
OL Donovan Jennings
DL James Ester
DE Deslin Alexandre
CB Kalen King
CB Robert Rochell
K Alex Hale (International Player Pathway)

So the list above was the Packers original announcement of the PS. WR Jalen Wayne has since been added as well.

So they still have 4 more spots to be filled.

Interesting they didn't sign a single LB. Rumor they wanted to sign LB Kristian Welch, whom ended up signing with the Ravens. I wonder if the Packers and Ravens got into a bidding war, or if he got offers from both and selected the Ravens offer (which he was with the Ravens before he joined the Packers).

Also, I wouldn't be surprised if they signed a Safety.

But maybe they wanted to sign LB Welch and S Johnson but they were claimed or joined other teams.

UserPostedImage
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member Topic Starter
15 days ago
And then there were 2 spots left open on the PS.

Packers signed S Omar Brown and LB Chris Russell to the practice squad. General Manager Brian Gutekunst announced the transactions on Thursday.

UserPostedImage
beast
14 days ago

And then there were 2 spots left open on the PS.

Packers signed S Omar Brown and LB Chris Russell to the practice squad. General Manager Brian Gutekunst announced the transactions on Thursday.

Originally Posted by: wpr 

I feel like they really assumed they could sign LB Welch to the PS, and they're being surprised and didn't have a plan for grabbing another as they're signing someone that tryout and they didn't even sign until mid training camp with injuries to others.

Also wonder if the same might be true for S Johnson, but I assume they knew he probably wouldn't make it through waivers after he started off as a starter.

I was a fan of S Omar Brown in the lead up to the Draft. Was a small school starting CB, then transfered to a large school and became their slot and dime LB hybrid player. I think his style fits this defensive scheme well, though so many Safeties in front of him I doubt he'll get on the field anytime soon.
UserPostedImage
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member Topic Starter
14 days ago
I'm sure this won't be the end of roster moves. This too is from APC 

According to NFL reporter Aaron Wilson, the Green Bay Packers made a flurry of moves on Friday that fully filled the team’s 17-man practice squad for the first time this season. The Packers placed running back Nate McCrary on the practice squad injured list, a sort of modified injured reserve, which means that he no longer counts against the 17 players that Green Bay is allowed to keep on the practice squad. McCrary’s injury hasn’t been disclosed as of yet.

With McCrary out of the picture, the Packers had three available practice squad spots to use. They chose to use all three, signing running back La’Mical Perine, fullback Andrew Beck and cornerback Kamal Hadden on Friday.

Perine is a former New York Jets fourth-round pick who has been signed to six clubs now in five seasons. While he did record 64 carries for 232 yards and two touchdowns as a rookie, Perine has only played in seven regular-season games since the end of the 2020 season. With AJ Dillon on season-ending injured reserve and rookie third-round pick MarShawn Lloyd still missing practice with a hamstring injury, the Packers need as much running back help as they can get, though.

On the flip side of the experience front, fullback/tight end Andrew Beck has 66 regular season games under his belt, including 22 starts — 12 of which came last year with the Houston Texans. Beck is a candidate to get promoted off of the practice squad eventually, as he’s played 994 special teams snaps over his NFL career. It’s not rare for the Matt LaFleur-era Packers to keep four tight end-type bodies on the active roster. Right now, the team only carries three.

Hadden is a 2024 rookie who was drafted in the sixth round by the Kansas City Chiefs before being waived at cutdowns. He’s the third cornerback to join the practice squad, which makes the room a little crowded, but he should be able to compete for the sixth cornerback job this season.

UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
Mucky Tundra (9h) : I know it's probably to mess with the Colts but I'm just huffing copium honestly
Mucky Tundra (9h) : So you're saying there's *a chance*?
Zero2Cool (9h) : Packers officially listed QB Jordan Love (knee) as questionable for Sunday's game vs. the \Colts.
Mucky Tundra (21h) : Confirmed concussion for Tua
Mucky Tundra (13-Sep) : Yikes, possibly another concussion for Tua
Zero2Cool (13-Sep) : Who did you try dumping Cooks off onto?
dhazer (13-Sep) : glad my other trade was rejected Cook has 28 at halftime lol
Zero2Cool (12-Sep) : Muwahahahah
Zero2Cool (12-Sep) : I'll ride Jordan Love > Brock Purdy all day!
Zero2Cool (12-Sep) : Packers TE that you all say is being phased out lol
Zero2Cool (12-Sep) : Upper tier QB???
dhazer (12-Sep) : backup RB
dhazer (12-Sep) : and he rejects it because I rejected his trade of the 49ers backup B for Mcaffery lol
dhazer (12-Sep) : I try helping out Kevin and trading him an upper teir QB so he has a starter and even gave him a Packer TE for a backup TE Purdy for Love
Zero2Cool (12-Sep) : MLF says “Love’s injury is more day to day than anything”
Zero2Cool (11-Sep) : Like that Eli was "known" not to study or something
Zero2Cool (11-Sep) : AH, ok. i got that one quick, but thought maybe there's something more
Mucky Tundra (11-Sep) : Zero, regarding Eli scouting Rodgers, that's the joke. Rodgers only played 4 snaps so it would take Eli 5 minutes to scout him
Zero2Cool (11-Sep) : Jordan Love not seen at practice today.
Zero2Cool (11-Sep) : De’Von Achane practiced today in what appeared to be a lighter walkthrough session.
Zero2Cool (11-Sep) : Colts put promising CB on IR ...
Zero2Cool (11-Sep) : It's a long, long record!! lol
dfosterf (11-Sep) : This trade offer and rejection is going on your PERMANENT RECORD young man, lol
dfosterf (11-Sep) : It wouldn't be a release, he'd be going to a good home, lol
Zero2Cool (11-Sep) : lol i dropped one already, then I'd have to give up someone i don't want to release
dfosterf (11-Sep) : Go tell your dad you have been afforded the opportunity to aquire him without dropping two, lol
dfosterf (11-Sep) : My drop of Mattison might be a good pickup for someone
Zero2Cool (11-Sep) : Wright is good pickup. Was telling my dad I wanted to get him but needed to cut 2 lol
Zero2Cool (11-Sep) : What am I missing? There was only handful of snaps.
Mucky Tundra (11-Sep) : beast, neither did I
Zero2Cool (11-Sep) : Lions hosted Anders Carlson and Greg Joseph (signed) for visits
beast (10-Sep) : Lol, I didn't get it at first lol
Mucky Tundra (10-Sep) : In preparation for last nights Manning cast, Eli went back watched all of Rodgers snaps from last season
Zero2Cool (10-Sep) : Suppose we don't need the Week One announcement banner thing anymore.
Zero2Cool (10-Sep) : Oh, it's fixed now.
Zero2Cool (10-Sep) : lol and I'm 0-2 after week 1
Mucky Tundra (10-Sep) : It was a close one though
Zero2Cool (10-Sep) : Gonna drop first game of season. And my QB is out for X weeks.
Mucky Tundra (10-Sep) : Looks like you're doing fine to me
Mucky Tundra (10-Sep) : Zero, why did you say your fantasy team is doodoo?
Zero2Cool (9-Sep) : McCaffery is OUT. Interesting
Zero2Cool (9-Sep) : Commanders cut Cade York. Wasn't he the guy some of you wanted in GB?
Zero2Cool (9-Sep) : my fantasy team is doodoo
Mucky Tundra (9-Sep) : Rams-Lions with an anticlimactic OT but smart football on the Lions part
Mucky Tundra (8-Sep) : oh i misread the cap hit, it's even more than that lol
Mucky Tundra (8-Sep) : *$145 million cap hit
Mucky Tundra (8-Sep) : you have to wonder at some point if the Browns bite the bullet, cut Watson and eat the $145 million dollar bullet
Martha Careful (8-Sep) : please note the qualification "by the end of the day"
Mucky Tundra (8-Sep) : They did actually! Didn't catch the score, get back to me in 10 hours ;)
Zero2Cool (8-Sep) : Lions already played and won?
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2024 Packers Schedule
Friday, Sep 6 @ 7:15 PM
Eagles
Sunday, Sep 15 @ 12:00 PM
COLTS
Sunday, Sep 22 @ 12:00 PM
Titans
Sunday, Sep 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Oct 6 @ 3:25 PM
Rams
Sunday, Oct 13 @ 12:00 PM
CARDINALS
Sunday, Oct 20 @ 12:00 PM
TEXANS
Sunday, Oct 27 @ 12:00 PM
Jaguars
Sunday, Nov 3 @ 3:25 PM
LIONS
Sunday, Nov 17 @ 12:00 PM
Bears
Sunday, Nov 24 @ 3:25 PM
49ERS
Thursday, Nov 28 @ 7:20 PM
DOLPHINS
Thursday, Dec 5 @ 7:15 PM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 15 @ 7:20 PM
Seahawks
Monday, Dec 23 @ 7:15 PM
SAINTS
Sunday, Dec 29 @ 12:00 PM
Vikings
Saturday, Jan 4 @ 11:00 PM
BEARS
Recent Topics
4h / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

4h / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

5h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

12-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

10-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

10-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

9-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

9-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

8-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

7-Sep / GameDay Threads / wpr

7-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

7-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

6-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

6-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

6-Sep / Random Babble / Martha Careful

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.