wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member Topic Starter
4 months ago

The upcoming 2024 season could prove pivotal for some Green Bay Packers players. In years, team manager Brian Gutekunst has not hesitated to trade or release high-profile players such as Aaron Rodgers, David Bakhtiari, and Davante Adams. Here are five players who could be facing their last seasons with the Packers. Eric Stokes (CB) Eric...

The post 5 Green Bay Packers Who Could Be On Their Final Season  first appeared on PackersTalk.com Blog Posts and Podcasts .

Continue Reading @ PackersTalk 

PackersTalk wrote:

No, no, NO.
The Packers didn't miss out on Terrion Arnold. They make it sound like Gute & Co couldn't figure out what to do when they were on the clock. He wasn't even an option for them. Detroit gave away their first and third round picks to move up 5 spots. That's a steep price to pay. They could have taken DeJean. (Also Nate Wiggins, Kool-Aid McKinstry, Kamari Lassiter or Max Melton I guess these CBs are sexy enough to be included with the Hall of Famers Arnold and DeJean.) Point is they valued building the OLine with Morgan more. That's sheer madness. Funny thing is, this dude, Brad Majors is critical of two of GB's CB's and yet the Packers utterly failed to bring in their replacements. Huh. What the heck is wrong with Gute? Best fire him.He's a fool.

There are a lot of "what ifs" with Kenny. Most players don't get a third contract. Most players don't get another contract after the team adds void years to their current contract. Based on Cap Hit, Kenny is the #2 DL he isn't worth it. He is only 22nd in Average Contract at $17,500,000. What will Kenny bring to the table in this new system? If he flourishes, he may keep one more bite out of the apple with a new 3 or 4 year deal. My guess is no matter what he does, he will not get another contract. Because of the void years his dead cap hit of $13,747,000 will be a deal breaker.

Preston is all but done. He's 32. They have younger guys waiting to take his snaps. He has one void year in 27. His salary is, by today's standards, rather modest this year and next year. It's possible they pay Smith for another year or two for his leadership skills and being on the field on crucial downs.

The rumblings about JA don't make a lot of sense. If he doesn't do well this year, what trade value will he have? Facing a cap hit of $19 million after the season just how likely are the Packers to trade or release him? Not very. Once again, if they had concerns about CB the Packers would have addressed it in the draft.

My favorite players are the last two. Royce Newman and Andre Dillard. Neither is a lock to make the team this year little alone be a prospect to be released after the season. If Toms were healthy, there would be even more doubt as to the chances of them making the 53 man roster.

In short this article seems to be more of an ad for the betting site than a serious discussion of the Packers. But hey it's the off season so why not.
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
4 months ago
Eric Stokes (CB)
Kenny Clark (DL)
Preston Smith (EDGE)
Jaire Alexander (CB)
Royce Newman (OL)
Andre Dillard (OL)

I can agree with Preston Smith, Royce Newman and Andre Dillard likely not on the roster in 2025 season. Doubtful Newman even makes it in 2024.

I think Stokes and Alexander career with Packers will be determined by the success of the defense in 2024.

I could see Kenny Clark pricing himself out of Green Bay.
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
bboystyle (4h) : Robert Saleh has been added to GBs coaching staff. Now he can stick it to Rodgers when he wins an SB here!
dfosterf (6h) : Leave him alone. Stop cutting him. You have no plan.
dfosterf (6h) : Losing him could get ugly real quick. Don't need that bs right now
wpr (7h) : As bad as he can be he is better than most options and he has practiced with the kicker and holder. A street guy might get 36 hours.
wpr (7h) : You are correct Mucky. This process makes the most sense. If they mess around and PS Orzech they might lose him.
Mucky Tundra (8h) : You might have the right idea. Get Gute on the line, beast!
beast (8h) : Yeah, but we could of simply signed LS Orzech to the PS, and gotten 3 weeks of him there.
Mucky Tundra (8h) : Now you can get several game day elevations and sign him back to the active roster anytime in case of an injury
Mucky Tundra (8h) : By briefly adding him to the roster and cutting him, it gets around the season ending IR and you can stash him on the PS
Mucky Tundra (8h) : I believe either Ford needed to be added to the active roster or go on season ending IR
beast (8h) : I don't understand that dance, released Orzech to keep Ford, just so you can release Ford to re-sign Orzech
Mucky Tundra (8h) : DT Jonathon Ford released to make room for Orzech. Ford is expected to be signed to the PS
Mucky Tundra (8h) : As expected the Packers re-sign LS Matt Orzech
Zero2Cool (9h) : He spent the entire open portion of practice on the offensive side of the field.
Zero2Cool (9h) : Robert Saleh in the back watching the Packers offense at practice today.
dfosterf (13h) : I'm desperate too
dfosterf (13h) : Possibly very good for my fantasy team. ff equivalent of a street free agent. Definitly worth cutting a dst I had laying around
Zero2Cool (15h) : Chiefs are so desparate
beast (16h) : Rumor: Titans will be trading WR Hopkins to Chiefs
Mucky Tundra (23-Oct) : @fordm The 49ers’ healthiest receiver right now was shot in the chest two months ago.
beast (22-Oct) : TE Robert Tonyan is a FA
beast (22-Oct) : Wonder if the Rams would get the Vikings injured 1st round rookie or not
Zero2Cool (22-Oct) : Rumors: The #Vikings and #Rams are in serious trade talks for QB Matthew Stafford, per @jacksettleman
packerfanoutwest (22-Oct) : I like the the Winter Warning Whites!
packerfanoutwest (22-Oct) : This was the first victory over a team with a winning record for the Packers.
wpr (22-Oct) : Isn't coffee a PES? Especially first thing in the morning.
Zero2Cool (22-Oct) : PED and PES ... guess they are different
beast (22-Oct) : I thought PED were a 4 game suspension. Also wonder if it's final or if he could still appeal it.
Zero2Cool (22-Oct) : Lions wide receiver Jameson Williams is facing a two-game suspension for violating the NFL’s Performance-Enhancing
Mucky Tundra (22-Oct) : JK Scott with a booming 36 yard punt to give the Cards the ball at their own 27
Mucky Tundra (22-Oct) : Bucs shooting themselves in the foot with turnovers
beast (21-Oct) : I know, but I'm wondering whom is the emergency guy behind Orzech?
Mucky Tundra (21-Oct) : beast, look at "Kicker, we need one. Still" thread. Zero has a post there explaining it
beast (21-Oct) : I wonder whom the emergency LS is
Mucky Tundra (21-Oct) : nevermind about the LS, just saw Zeros post
Mucky Tundra (21-Oct) : Got to work only to find there's no production! Woohoo!
Mucky Tundra (21-Oct) : Woah, who's our long snapper now?
Zero2Cool (21-Oct) : 49ers WR Brandon Aiyuk suffered a season-ending knee injury
Zero2Cool (21-Oct) : DL Jonathan Ford off injured reserve/designated for return and released LS Matt Orzech
Zero2Cool (21-Oct) : DL Ford is back, LS is cut
Zero2Cool (21-Oct) : Oh, I know. I was going to include that but limited characters
Mucky Tundra (21-Oct) : *being
Mucky Tundra (21-Oct) : Zero I was be facetious my man
Zero2Cool (21-Oct) : Each network wants viewers. (duh right?) and NFL can't favor one over the other if money is equal. NFL also wants views too.
Zero2Cool (21-Oct) : It's not so much rules, its variables.
Mucky Tundra (21-Oct) : Well then they need to change the rules/guidelines ;) :P
Zero2Cool (21-Oct) : I'm seeing lot of "smart" tweeter people being clueless
Zero2Cool (21-Oct) : Theres' lot of different rules/guidelines what not that go into it. not simple as pluck an move
Mucky Tundra (21-Oct) : Dallas-Atlanta looks like a better flex option (no clue how many other prime time games they have)
Mucky Tundra (21-Oct) : Those both sound unappealing as a Sunday Night game tbh
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2024 Packers Schedule
Friday, Sep 6 @ 7:15 PM
Eagles
Sunday, Sep 15 @ 12:00 PM
COLTS
Sunday, Sep 22 @ 12:00 PM
Titans
Sunday, Sep 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Oct 6 @ 3:25 PM
Rams
Sunday, Oct 13 @ 12:00 PM
CARDINALS
Sunday, Oct 20 @ 12:00 PM
TEXANS
Sunday, Oct 27 @ 12:00 PM
Jaguars
Sunday, Nov 3 @ 3:25 PM
LIONS
Sunday, Nov 17 @ 12:00 PM
Bears
Sunday, Nov 24 @ 3:25 PM
49ERS
Thursday, Nov 28 @ 7:20 PM
DOLPHINS
Thursday, Dec 5 @ 7:15 PM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 15 @ 7:20 PM
Seahawks
Monday, Dec 23 @ 7:15 PM
SAINTS
Sunday, Dec 29 @ 12:00 PM
Vikings
Saturday, Jan 4 @ 11:00 PM
BEARS
Recent Topics
7h / Around The NFL / wpr

7h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

23-Oct / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Oct / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

22-Oct / Random Babble / Cheesey

22-Oct / Featured Content / Zero2Cool

22-Oct / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

22-Oct / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

21-Oct / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

21-Oct / GameDay Threads / Martha Careful

21-Oct / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

21-Oct / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.