Rockmolder
14 years ago
There's just one thing I'm afraid off with this signing.

Tauscher is going to "win" the starting job. There's no question in my mind that he will. Clifton will win the LT position. There's no one else for that one, really.

That means that you'll come out with the two veteran tackles and the somewhat younger interior linemen.

I just think that this would've been the perfect chance for the Packers to slide in Lang at RT while they still have Clifton at LT. If Clifton and Tauscher are done next year, you won't have to resort to two young guys who have no starting experience at one of the most important positions in football. You would have Lang at the right side, who knows what to do and can take care of himself and help our new LT a little, instead of just throwing them out there.

I just think that we're spending money on a guy while we don't really have to and are hindering progression of at least one young guy this way.
PackerTraxx
14 years ago
Remember what we were like before Tauscher came back? Barbre had glowing reports. It's a lot different when teams scout you thoroughly and you have to play. Hopefully Lang will be better, I think he will.

Signing Tauscher was a no brainer. Not a lot of money. And if Lang beats him out we have a solid back up. I sure don't want to see Barbre or some rookie in there, at least until they prove themselves.
Why is Jerry Kramer not in the Hall of Fame?
ILikeThePackers39
14 years ago
I only care about one thing: Does Tauscher coming back ensure that Barbre will never see the field in a Packer's uniform again? If so, I'm all for it.
blank
British
14 years ago

Remember what we were like before Tauscher came back? Barbre had glowing reports. It's a lot different when teams scout you thoroughly and you have to play. Hopefully Lang will be better, I think he will.

Signing Tauscher was a no brainer. Not a lot of money. And if Lang beats him out we have a solid back up. I sure don't want to see Barbre or some rookie in there, at least until they prove themselves.

"PackerTraxx" wrote:

We don't actually know what Tauscher's contract is yet. Apparently it's 'starter' money, whatever that is.
UserPostedImage
warhawk
14 years ago
After how they started out last year and how they finished I am not sure why anyone would complain about this. If Lang is good enough to beat out Tauscher then great BUT to put him over there with no insurance like we did last year would be stupid would it not?

Like 93 says now Ted Thompson can let the draft come to him(and now I'm even more stoked about it) and Lang and anybody else they might draft will not have to be an unknown commodity that has to start because provisions have been made.

What I see that this does is provide more knowns and allows for them to be highly competitive in 2010 instead of transitioning thru the OT position and not knowing how that could affect this next season.

The 4-4 start is really what ultimately hurt the team the most and nobody would have been talking about how badly the OL performed during that stretch based on how these two did the second half of the year.

One of the longest most tiring discussions here circled around Ted's mistake not to address the G position when he first got here and letting two guys go without the KNOWN factor of solid people to replace them.

Now he covers this with two solid signings and he's getting crap for doing that too. Welcome to a GM's world I guess. I look for two OL to come thru this draft. One lower round, and one higher, but both with the luxury of not having to get rushed onto the field. What can be wrong with that?
"The train is leaving the station."
warhawk
14 years ago
I will say this as well and that is Tauscher EARNED this. Especially coming off the injury. He helped save their butts last year the way he came in there and did his part to get the OLine back to respectability.
"The train is leaving the station."
Cheesey
14 years ago
I think it's more about covering your butt. What i mean is, we have no other option at the moment. I can see them drafting a guy to put in there later, maybe even during next season. In the mean time though, Taush gives us protection at a VERY important spot.
Even if they draft a great O-lineman, it still takes time for them to get up to "NFL speed".
I see this signing as good, and was needed.
Think about this.....had Ted Thompson let him walk, and we didn't have a better option ready, what would we do?
I like the signing.
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
14 years ago
Don't sign a vet, Ted gets slammed.
Sign a vet, Ted gets slammed.

I'll stick to being a fan, thanks for the GM offer, but no.
UserPostedImage
Pack93z
14 years ago
Well the contract details don't look as rosy as some thought..

Little over 3 million this season.. with 4 coming next season.. now Bedard's argument even holds less weight..

For that kind of money.. one wise investment.

http://www.greenbaypressgazette.com/ic/blogs/insider/2010/03/mark-tauscher-can-earn-up-to-87-million.html 

Mark Tauscher can earn up to $8.7 million over 2 years
The two-year contract Green Bay Packers right tackle Mark Tauscher agreed to over the weekend can earn him as much as $8.7 million in salary and bonuses.

Here's the breakdown, as passed along by my colleague Pete Dougherty:

* Tauscher will receive a $1.8 million roster bonus this year in addition to $1.4 million base salary.

* In 2011, his base salary jumps to $4.1 million.

* In each year, Tauscher can earn a $200,000 workout bonus and $500,000 in per-game roster bonuses.

"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
porky88
14 years ago
Don't rule T.J. Lang out at LG so quickly. That's probably what most teams viewed him at as a prospect last year.
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (14-Jun) : YOU BROKE IT
buckeyepackfan (14-Jun) : Welcome to "The Dead Zone" may the only Packer News we hear is positive!!
buckeyepackfan (14-Jun) : Trevor Lawrence-5yr 275mil-200mil guaranteed. J-10VE is next.
Mucky Tundra (13-Jun) : @AaronWilson_NFL #Packers have signed first-round pick Jordan Morgan to $14.185 million deal that includes $7.135 million signing bonus
jdlax (11-Jun) : Hahaha hellllllll no, Sunday is king! It's those Thursday night games that hurt
Mucky Tundra (11-Jun) : @AndyHermanNFL Looks like Tucker Kraft is out of the sling. Progress!
Zero2Cool (11-Jun) : That's also my oldests birthday
Zero2Cool (11-Jun) : Thought it was I fucking hate SNF. I went what why it's consistently way better than any other game
Zero2Cool (11-Jun) : Whoa. I read that so wrong before Jared lol
wpr (10-Jun) : that's great jdlax
jdlax (10-Jun) : God I hate the Shithawks
jdlax (10-Jun) : Sunday Night fucking Football
jdlax (10-Jun) : I just got my tickets to represent in Seattle December 15th woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Martha Careful (9-Jun) : I really enjoyed game 1 of the Stanley Cup final. Sergei Bobrovsky G - FL was incredibly good.
Mucky Tundra (4-Jun) : *NFL
Mucky Tundra (4-Jun) : @ByRyanWood Pads or no pads, welcome to the N
Mucky Tundra (4-Jun) : @ByRyanWood Rashan Gary just steamrolled Jordan Morgan on a bull rush. Drove right over him to the ground.
Mucky Tundra (3-Jun) : God and a lot of money brought Reggie to GB
Mucky Tundra (3-Jun) : yep. became the highest paid defensive player in the league and 3rd highest behind Elway and Marino
Zero2Cool (3-Jun) : Packers signed second-round pick Javon Bullard
Zero2Cool (3-Jun) : Reggie White got something like 4 years $17m total right?
buckeyepackfan (3-Jun) : 110mil guaranteed!!!
Zero2Cool (3-Jun) : Justin Jefferson. 4/$140m ??? wow
Mucky Tundra (31-May) : @AndyHermanNFL Sean Rhyan getting some reps at center in walkthroughs. They are rotating guys everywhere.
Mucky Tundra (31-May) : or that might have been an individual drill thing
Mucky Tundra (31-May) : that was from the 29th but I've seen other combs (including Rhyan@C)
Mucky Tundra (31-May) : @ByRyanWood Without Elgton Jenkins and Zach Tom, #Packers starting OL: Rasheed Walker, Jordan Morgan, Josh Myers, Sean Rhyan, Andre Dillard.
Martha Careful (31-May) : I have never seen an OTA, but who is lining up at LT and RG with starters? or is it all individual drills?
Zero2Cool (30-May) : Bears are the first team to be selected for Hard Knocks
dfosterf (29-May) : Andy Herman and his Pack a day podcast put up GB strengths yesterday. This morning he did weaknesses. They are both very good.
Zero2Cool (25-May) : Yes.
beast (24-May) : Does he say what it is?
Zero2Cool (22-May) : Christian Watson believes he has discovered the root cause his soft-tissue leg injuries
Zero2Cool (22-May) : Savage played last half of season with tear in rotator cuff
Zero2Cool (22-May) : SISSIES!!!!
Mucky Tundra (22-May) : Sounds like both Kraft and Tom were injuried before OTAs began
buckeyepackfan (22-May) : Not serious but waiting for strength and conditioning coach referwnces.
buckeyepackfan (22-May) : Tom and Kraft both injured(pectoral muscle),
Zero2Cool (20-May) : I feel similar about person and product/service.
beast (17-May) : Not sure why a players views reflect on GB... instead of simply on the player
Martha Careful (17-May) : I bet some of us have had 6+ mRNA jabs, a UKR flag on our walls, and still think Fauci has a thread of integrity
Zero2Cool (16-May) : From what I've read, it's all Jets , not us.
CanPackFan (16-May) : Will there ever be a time when Rodgers' whacko views will not reflect on GB? He is the past, thank god.
Zero2Cool (16-May) : Jan 4th gonna be rough with that start time lol
Zero2Cool (16-May) : Packers schedule listed. Boom.
buckeyepackfan (15-May) : Let the leaks begin. Colts @ Packers week 2, Vikings @ Packers week 4
Zero2Cool (14-May) : WR Marquez Valdes-Scantling to Bills
Zero2Cool (14-May) : Jets and Aaron Rodgers open up on Monday Night Football,
Zero2Cool (13-May) : $170 guaranteed. This might impact Jordan Love
Zero2Cool (13-May) : Lions are signing QB Jared Goff to a four-year, $212 million extension
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2024 Packers Schedule
Friday, Sep 6 @ 7:15 PM
Eagles
Sunday, Sep 15 @ 12:00 PM
COLTS
Sunday, Sep 22 @ 12:00 PM
Titans
Sunday, Sep 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Oct 6 @ 3:25 PM
Rams
Sunday, Oct 13 @ 12:00 PM
CARDINALS
Sunday, Oct 20 @ 12:00 PM
TEXANS
Sunday, Oct 27 @ 12:00 PM
Jaguars
Sunday, Nov 3 @ 3:25 PM
LIONS
Sunday, Nov 17 @ 12:00 PM
Bears
Sunday, Nov 24 @ 3:25 PM
49ERS
Thursday, Nov 28 @ 7:20 PM
DOLPHINS
Thursday, Dec 5 @ 7:15 PM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 15 @ 7:20 PM
Seahawks
Monday, Dec 23 @ 7:15 PM
SAINTS
Sunday, Dec 29 @ 12:00 PM
Vikings
Saturday, Jan 4 @ 11:00 PM
BEARS
Recent Topics
22h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

22h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

22h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

13-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

12-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

11-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

11-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

9-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

9-Jun / Around The NFL / beast

6-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

4-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

4-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

4-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / earthquake

3-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

2-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.