Mucky Tundra
3 months ago

Green Bay will have 11 draft picks going into new league year after being awarded compensatory selections.

On Friday, the NFL awarded the Green Bay Packers  three compensatory draft picks based on players that the team lost during free agency in 2024. A fifth-round pick was awarded due to the team losing receiver Allen Lazard, a sixth for defensive lineman Jarran Reed and a seventh for defensive lineman Dean Lowry.

These selections were expected, as OverTheCap projected the Packers to earn picks 166, 215 and 250 via the compensatory system . The team ended up hauling in picks 168 (two slots later), 219 (four slots later) and 255 (five slots later).

Now that this process has been finalized, the Packers officially own a total of 11 draft choices in the 2024 draft. For those who don’t believe that Green Bay will turn in all of those picks, here’s a quick reminder: General manager Brian Gutekunst has used 42 draft choices over the last four draft classes, an average of 10.5 per draft. In the last two drafts alone, he’s used 24 picks. It appears that he believes that the post-Covid classes have strengthened the Day 3 crop of talent, and after bringing in players like Romeo Doubs, Dontayvion Wicks, Rasheed Walker, Zach Tom, Karl Brooks, Kingsley Enagbare and Carrington Valentine, it’s hard to blame him.

Below is the full list of official draft picks that the Packers have going into the offseason:

Green Bay Packers 2024 draft picks

#25 (original 1st)

#41 (Jets’ 2nd — Aaron Rodgers trade)

#58 (original 2nd)

#88 (original 3rd)

#91 (Bills’ 3rd — Rasul Douglas trade)

#125 (original 4th)

#168 (compensatory 5th — Allen Lazard)

#201 (original 6th)

#219 (compensatory 6th — Jarran Reed)

#245 (original 7th)

#255 (compensatory 7th — Dean Lowry)

The Packers do not own their original fifth-round draft choice, as that — along with cornerback Rasul Douglas — was sent to the Buffalo Bills at the trade deadline in exchange for the Bills’ third-round pick.

Continue Reading @ Justis Mosqueda 

Justis Mosqueda wrote:

As predicted, GB nets 3 comp picks with one each in the 5th, 6th and 7th rounds. The comp pick from Lowry almost didnt make the cut, coming in at 255 from a total of 257 picks. Also, bless the Jets for signing Lazard to as much money as they did.
“Nah. I like having the island. It’s pretty cool...not too many visitors”
UserPostedImage
"I’ve got it." -Aaron Rodgers
beast
3 months ago

As predicted, GB nets 3 comp picks with one each in the 5th, 6th and 7th rounds. The comp pick from Lowry almost didnt make the cut, coming in at 255 from a total of 257 picks. Also, bless the Jets for signing Lazard to as much money as they did.

Originally Posted by: Mucky Tundra 

Yes, but also burse the Jets got benching him, that potentially cost the Packers a 4th round Comp pick as the lack of snaps might 9f dropped Lazard's to a 5th.

Also the losses of Tonyan and Lewis got us nothing.

UserPostedImage
Mucky Tundra
3 months ago

Yes, but also burse the Jets got benching him, that potentially cost the Packers a 4th round Comp pick as the lack of snaps might 9f dropped Lazard's to a 5th.

Also the losses of Tonyan and Lewis got us nothing.

Originally Posted by: beast 

Win some, lose some. 🤷‍♂️
“Nah. I like having the island. It’s pretty cool...not too many visitors”
UserPostedImage
"I’ve got it." -Aaron Rodgers
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (14-Jun) : YOU BROKE IT
buckeyepackfan (14-Jun) : Welcome to "The Dead Zone" may the only Packer News we hear is positive!!
buckeyepackfan (14-Jun) : Trevor Lawrence-5yr 275mil-200mil guaranteed. J-10VE is next.
Mucky Tundra (13-Jun) : @AaronWilson_NFL #Packers have signed first-round pick Jordan Morgan to $14.185 million deal that includes $7.135 million signing bonus
jdlax (11-Jun) : Hahaha hellllllll no, Sunday is king! It's those Thursday night games that hurt
Mucky Tundra (11-Jun) : @AndyHermanNFL Looks like Tucker Kraft is out of the sling. Progress!
Zero2Cool (11-Jun) : That's also my oldests birthday
Zero2Cool (11-Jun) : Thought it was I fucking hate SNF. I went what why it's consistently way better than any other game
Zero2Cool (11-Jun) : Whoa. I read that so wrong before Jared lol
wpr (10-Jun) : that's great jdlax
jdlax (10-Jun) : God I hate the Shithawks
jdlax (10-Jun) : Sunday Night fucking Football
jdlax (10-Jun) : I just got my tickets to represent in Seattle December 15th woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Martha Careful (9-Jun) : I really enjoyed game 1 of the Stanley Cup final. Sergei Bobrovsky G - FL was incredibly good.
Mucky Tundra (4-Jun) : *NFL
Mucky Tundra (4-Jun) : @ByRyanWood Pads or no pads, welcome to the N
Mucky Tundra (4-Jun) : @ByRyanWood Rashan Gary just steamrolled Jordan Morgan on a bull rush. Drove right over him to the ground.
Mucky Tundra (3-Jun) : God and a lot of money brought Reggie to GB
Mucky Tundra (3-Jun) : yep. became the highest paid defensive player in the league and 3rd highest behind Elway and Marino
Zero2Cool (3-Jun) : Packers signed second-round pick Javon Bullard
Zero2Cool (3-Jun) : Reggie White got something like 4 years $17m total right?
buckeyepackfan (3-Jun) : 110mil guaranteed!!!
Zero2Cool (3-Jun) : Justin Jefferson. 4/$140m ??? wow
Mucky Tundra (31-May) : @AndyHermanNFL Sean Rhyan getting some reps at center in walkthroughs. They are rotating guys everywhere.
Mucky Tundra (31-May) : or that might have been an individual drill thing
Mucky Tundra (31-May) : that was from the 29th but I've seen other combs (including Rhyan@C)
Mucky Tundra (31-May) : @ByRyanWood Without Elgton Jenkins and Zach Tom, #Packers starting OL: Rasheed Walker, Jordan Morgan, Josh Myers, Sean Rhyan, Andre Dillard.
Martha Careful (31-May) : I have never seen an OTA, but who is lining up at LT and RG with starters? or is it all individual drills?
Zero2Cool (30-May) : Bears are the first team to be selected for Hard Knocks
dfosterf (29-May) : Andy Herman and his Pack a day podcast put up GB strengths yesterday. This morning he did weaknesses. They are both very good.
Zero2Cool (25-May) : Yes.
beast (24-May) : Does he say what it is?
Zero2Cool (22-May) : Christian Watson believes he has discovered the root cause his soft-tissue leg injuries
Zero2Cool (22-May) : Savage played last half of season with tear in rotator cuff
Zero2Cool (22-May) : SISSIES!!!!
Mucky Tundra (22-May) : Sounds like both Kraft and Tom were injuried before OTAs began
buckeyepackfan (22-May) : Not serious but waiting for strength and conditioning coach referwnces.
buckeyepackfan (22-May) : Tom and Kraft both injured(pectoral muscle),
Zero2Cool (20-May) : I feel similar about person and product/service.
beast (17-May) : Not sure why a players views reflect on GB... instead of simply on the player
Martha Careful (17-May) : I bet some of us have had 6+ mRNA jabs, a UKR flag on our walls, and still think Fauci has a thread of integrity
Zero2Cool (16-May) : From what I've read, it's all Jets , not us.
CanPackFan (16-May) : Will there ever be a time when Rodgers' whacko views will not reflect on GB? He is the past, thank god.
Zero2Cool (16-May) : Jan 4th gonna be rough with that start time lol
Zero2Cool (16-May) : Packers schedule listed. Boom.
buckeyepackfan (15-May) : Let the leaks begin. Colts @ Packers week 2, Vikings @ Packers week 4
Zero2Cool (14-May) : WR Marquez Valdes-Scantling to Bills
Zero2Cool (14-May) : Jets and Aaron Rodgers open up on Monday Night Football,
Zero2Cool (13-May) : $170 guaranteed. This might impact Jordan Love
Zero2Cool (13-May) : Lions are signing QB Jared Goff to a four-year, $212 million extension
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2024 Packers Schedule
Friday, Sep 6 @ 7:15 PM
Eagles
Sunday, Sep 15 @ 12:00 PM
COLTS
Sunday, Sep 22 @ 12:00 PM
Titans
Sunday, Sep 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Oct 6 @ 3:25 PM
Rams
Sunday, Oct 13 @ 12:00 PM
CARDINALS
Sunday, Oct 20 @ 12:00 PM
TEXANS
Sunday, Oct 27 @ 12:00 PM
Jaguars
Sunday, Nov 3 @ 3:25 PM
LIONS
Sunday, Nov 17 @ 12:00 PM
Bears
Sunday, Nov 24 @ 3:25 PM
49ERS
Thursday, Nov 28 @ 7:20 PM
DOLPHINS
Thursday, Dec 5 @ 7:15 PM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 15 @ 7:20 PM
Seahawks
Monday, Dec 23 @ 7:15 PM
SAINTS
Sunday, Dec 29 @ 12:00 PM
Vikings
Saturday, Jan 4 @ 11:00 PM
BEARS
Recent Topics
15h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

16h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

16h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

13-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

12-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

11-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

11-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

9-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

9-Jun / Around The NFL / beast

6-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

4-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

4-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

4-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / earthquake

3-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

2-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.