Martha Careful
a year ago
SI wrote:https://www.si.com/nfl/packers/news/jeff-cotton-makes-statement-with-two-touchdowns 

Packers’ Veteran Receiver, Jeff Cotton, Makes Statement With Two Touchdowns
The oldest receiver on the Green Bay Packers’ roster is a 26-year-old with zero receptions but obvious talent.
BILL HUBER

GREEN BAY, Wis. – The Green Bay Packers’ oldest receiver scored two touchdowns at OTAs on Tuesday.

Who’s the old man on the youngest receiver corps in the NFL?

Jeff Cotton, who turned 26 just before this year’s draft. Of the oldest receiver on every NFL roster, Cotton is the youngest.
“It definitely is wild,” he said.

Cotton entered the NFL as an undrafted free agent out of Idaho in 2020. He spent the 2020 season on the Los Angeles Chargers’ practice squad and the 2021 season on the Jacksonville Jaguars’ practice squad. After failing to make the Jaguars’ roster in 2022, he spent a week on the Arizona Cardinals’ practice squad before signing to the Packers’ practice squad for the second half of the season.

He has played in one game in his career, logging one snap on offense and 14 on special teams as a COVID replacement in 2021.

Nonetheless, because he’s been around some top receivers, he’s doing what he can to help guide a receiver corps that includes six rookies vs. only two with more than five career receptions. Leadership is something he’s taken seriously dating to his time at Idaho.

“I’ve been around a lot of vets,” he said, “Keenan Allen, Marvin Jones, Marvin Hall, Zay Jones, C(hristian) Kirk and picked their brains and kind of take the advice they’ve given me and feed it to the young guys as much as I can.”

Cotton might appear to be the long shot in the battle for a roster spot. While the receiver corps is young, it’s also brimming with potential with three selected in the 2022 draft and three more added in 2023.

Battling against six recent draft picks would appear to put Cotton behind the eight-ball.

“It’s funny you ask,” Cotton said. “I was talking to one of my friends last night. I’m on my fourth team, fourth year. I’ve been in five offenses now. It’s controlling what I can control, putting my best foot forward each and every day, and just doing the best I can.”

Go Packers!!!!
beast
a year ago
Good stuff, though I don't think this was meant for the random babble thread

@Zero2Cool
UserPostedImage
Martha Careful
a year ago
Beast wrote: 

You are correct sir...my mistake

Go Packers!!!!
beast
a year ago

Beast wrote: 

Originally Posted by: Martha Careful 

You are correct sir...my mistake

No problem, I just said something as I thought some admin could move it. 

As for this post, I feel the media gets excited about some 6th or 7th WR every year that has little chance of making it... 

Don't get me wrong, Jeff Cotton could become the exception and actually make it, but I also feel like this has been said about WR after WR almost every year.

Of course, I used to say the same thing about UDFA OTs, and Nijman broke the mold and while he can't seem to get and keep the starters job, he's almost made it four years and made it to become an UFA after 4 NFL years, which the average players can't (as the average NFL career is something like 3 years), so exception do happen.

But Gute also seem to keep his draft picks around as rookies, especially with the new PS rules, allowing teams to basically red shirt guys which basically happened last year with the 7th rounders.
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
a year ago

But Gute also seem to keep his draft picks around as rookies, especially with the new PS rules, allowing teams to basically red shirt guys which basically happened last year with the 7th rounders.

Martha Careful wrote:

I would think this applies to most teams in regards to retaining the guys they just drafted a few months earlier. It's not every season WR J'Mon Moore gets cut. What a whiff that was! lol
UserPostedImage
beast
a year ago

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

I would think this applies to most teams in regards to retaining the guys they just drafted a few months earlier. It's not every season WR J'Mon Moore gets cut. What a whiff that was! lol

Originally Posted by: beast 

J'Mon Moore, Amari Rodgers, etc. But yes that's true for all higher round draft picks...

But usually it's not ALL draft picks for a year, usually at least one or two late rounder gets released.
​​​​
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
Martha Careful (7h) : Amen Z2C, I hope all of you fathers have a terrific Fathers' Day. Be great fathers!!!
Zero2Cool (8h) : Happy Father's Day to the dad's
Zero2Cool (14-Jun) : YOU BROKE IT
buckeyepackfan (14-Jun) : Welcome to "The Dead Zone" may the only Packer News we hear is positive!!
buckeyepackfan (14-Jun) : Trevor Lawrence-5yr 275mil-200mil guaranteed. J-10VE is next.
Mucky Tundra (13-Jun) : @AaronWilson_NFL #Packers have signed first-round pick Jordan Morgan to $14.185 million deal that includes $7.135 million signing bonus
jdlax (11-Jun) : Hahaha hellllllll no, Sunday is king! It's those Thursday night games that hurt
Mucky Tundra (11-Jun) : @AndyHermanNFL Looks like Tucker Kraft is out of the sling. Progress!
Zero2Cool (11-Jun) : That's also my oldests birthday
Zero2Cool (11-Jun) : Thought it was I fucking hate SNF. I went what why it's consistently way better than any other game
Zero2Cool (11-Jun) : Whoa. I read that so wrong before Jared lol
wpr (10-Jun) : that's great jdlax
jdlax (10-Jun) : God I hate the Shithawks
jdlax (10-Jun) : Sunday Night fucking Football
jdlax (10-Jun) : I just got my tickets to represent in Seattle December 15th woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Martha Careful (9-Jun) : I really enjoyed game 1 of the Stanley Cup final. Sergei Bobrovsky G - FL was incredibly good.
Mucky Tundra (4-Jun) : *NFL
Mucky Tundra (4-Jun) : @ByRyanWood Pads or no pads, welcome to the N
Mucky Tundra (4-Jun) : @ByRyanWood Rashan Gary just steamrolled Jordan Morgan on a bull rush. Drove right over him to the ground.
Mucky Tundra (3-Jun) : God and a lot of money brought Reggie to GB
Mucky Tundra (3-Jun) : yep. became the highest paid defensive player in the league and 3rd highest behind Elway and Marino
Zero2Cool (3-Jun) : Packers signed second-round pick Javon Bullard
Zero2Cool (3-Jun) : Reggie White got something like 4 years $17m total right?
buckeyepackfan (3-Jun) : 110mil guaranteed!!!
Zero2Cool (3-Jun) : Justin Jefferson. 4/$140m ??? wow
Mucky Tundra (31-May) : @AndyHermanNFL Sean Rhyan getting some reps at center in walkthroughs. They are rotating guys everywhere.
Mucky Tundra (31-May) : or that might have been an individual drill thing
Mucky Tundra (31-May) : that was from the 29th but I've seen other combs (including Rhyan@C)
Mucky Tundra (31-May) : @ByRyanWood Without Elgton Jenkins and Zach Tom, #Packers starting OL: Rasheed Walker, Jordan Morgan, Josh Myers, Sean Rhyan, Andre Dillard.
Martha Careful (31-May) : I have never seen an OTA, but who is lining up at LT and RG with starters? or is it all individual drills?
Zero2Cool (30-May) : Bears are the first team to be selected for Hard Knocks
dfosterf (29-May) : Andy Herman and his Pack a day podcast put up GB strengths yesterday. This morning he did weaknesses. They are both very good.
Zero2Cool (25-May) : Yes.
beast (24-May) : Does he say what it is?
Zero2Cool (22-May) : Christian Watson believes he has discovered the root cause his soft-tissue leg injuries
Zero2Cool (22-May) : Savage played last half of season with tear in rotator cuff
Zero2Cool (22-May) : SISSIES!!!!
Mucky Tundra (22-May) : Sounds like both Kraft and Tom were injuried before OTAs began
buckeyepackfan (22-May) : Not serious but waiting for strength and conditioning coach referwnces.
buckeyepackfan (22-May) : Tom and Kraft both injured(pectoral muscle),
Zero2Cool (20-May) : I feel similar about person and product/service.
beast (17-May) : Not sure why a players views reflect on GB... instead of simply on the player
Martha Careful (17-May) : I bet some of us have had 6+ mRNA jabs, a UKR flag on our walls, and still think Fauci has a thread of integrity
Zero2Cool (16-May) : From what I've read, it's all Jets , not us.
CanPackFan (16-May) : Will there ever be a time when Rodgers' whacko views will not reflect on GB? He is the past, thank god.
Zero2Cool (16-May) : Jan 4th gonna be rough with that start time lol
Zero2Cool (16-May) : Packers schedule listed. Boom.
buckeyepackfan (15-May) : Let the leaks begin. Colts @ Packers week 2, Vikings @ Packers week 4
Zero2Cool (14-May) : WR Marquez Valdes-Scantling to Bills
Zero2Cool (14-May) : Jets and Aaron Rodgers open up on Monday Night Football,
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2024 Packers Schedule
Friday, Sep 6 @ 7:15 PM
Eagles
Sunday, Sep 15 @ 12:00 PM
COLTS
Sunday, Sep 22 @ 12:00 PM
Titans
Sunday, Sep 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Oct 6 @ 3:25 PM
Rams
Sunday, Oct 13 @ 12:00 PM
CARDINALS
Sunday, Oct 20 @ 12:00 PM
TEXANS
Sunday, Oct 27 @ 12:00 PM
Jaguars
Sunday, Nov 3 @ 3:25 PM
LIONS
Sunday, Nov 17 @ 12:00 PM
Bears
Sunday, Nov 24 @ 3:25 PM
49ERS
Thursday, Nov 28 @ 7:20 PM
DOLPHINS
Thursday, Dec 5 @ 7:15 PM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 15 @ 7:20 PM
Seahawks
Monday, Dec 23 @ 7:15 PM
SAINTS
Sunday, Dec 29 @ 12:00 PM
Vikings
Saturday, Jan 4 @ 11:00 PM
BEARS
Recent Topics
4h / Green Bay Packers Talk / earthquake

7h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

15-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

13-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

12-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

11-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

11-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

9-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

9-Jun / Around The NFL / beast

6-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

4-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

4-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

4-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / earthquake

3-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

2-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.