Zero2Cool
a year ago
Okay, so, now is the time to look at mock drafts. Any viewing of mock drafts before now was just (facetiously stated) stupid.

Link some mock drafts you find interesting and let us know who the Packers got slotted to them!

Peter Scrager - WR Jaxon Smith-Njigba
https://www.nfl.com/news/peter-schrager-2023-nfl-mock-draft-1-0-texans-trade-out-of-no-2-two-rbs-picked-i 

Jonathan Jones - EDGE Tyree Wilson 
https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news/nfl-mock-draft-2023-two-quarterbacks-taken-in-top-10-as-c-j-stroud-tumbles-to-titans-in-nfl-insider-mock/ 

Benjamin Albright - TE Dalton Kincaid
https://sportsnaut.com/2023-nfl-mock-draft-benjamin-allbright-sportsnaut/ 

UserPostedImage
buckeyepackfan
a year ago
NO TRADES.. .DRAFTED HOW THE BOARD FELL.
Wasn't sure if this was the right thread, no problem if it is moved to other draft thread. 

13.Lukas Van Ness EDGE Iowa
42.Darnell Washington TE Georgia
45.Cedric Tillman WR Tennessee
78.JL Skinner S Boise State
116.Nick Hampton EDGE Appalachian State
149.Luke Schoonmaker TE Michigan
207.Tyler Lacy DT Oklahoma State
232.Josh Whyle TE Cincinnati
235.Tyson Bagent QB Shepherd
242.Hassan Hall RB Georgia Tech
256.Earl Bostick Jr. OT Kansas

NFL MOCK DRAFT SIMULATOR
LAST UPDATED ON 4/26/2023, 11:27:28 AM ET

I was addicted to The Hokey Pokey, but I turned myself around!
beast
a year ago
I think Gute has only traded down twice, and barely moved down when he did (the Alexander trade down and then trade up), so I think trade downs for Gute are unlikely, but it also seemed like they were studying the top TEs so much and I don't know if one of the top 3 TEs would fall to he Packers in the 2nd, so here is my Mock Draft.

13. Traded down to the Chargers for #21 and #54

21. TE Dalton Kincaid, Utah
Becomes the Packers big slot WR but at 240lbs. He doesn't have the straight line speed, but he's got great sudden quickness to break off routes and great hands.

42. Darnell Washington, Georgia
Oh wow, two of the three top TEs would be awesome. Washington is clearly the least developed, but also has the most potential. Start as the blocking TE and his role expands as he develops.

45. OC/OG Joe Tippmann, Wisconsin
Packers interior OL has been disappointing, especially considering how much draft value we've used on it. Tippmann is big, athletic and verstile just like Gute likes.

54. WR Rashee Rice, SMU
If Ted Thompson was still GB, I'd be pointing out Rice over and over again. But Gute might like him too, Gute does like large WRs and Rice has good size.

78. DT Keeanu Benton, Wisconsin
Surprised Benton fell this far, but if it does, I think you have to consider him. Looking at him, you think NT, but watching him play, his style is more penetration, which is what the Packers liked with Clark at NT. Benton can play both DT roles.

116. WR Jonathan Mingo, Ole Miss
Another big slot role guy, but ran a 4.46 at 6'2 220 lbs, though, I didn't think he looked that fast on film, he's still fast enough and a good blocker for the slot.

149. DB Terell Smith, Minnesota
Smith played CB, but has the skills and mindset that he could be moved to S. Smith is very athletic but still developing, but has all the physical tools and the mentality to hit. I think he's best as a zone CB as he'll have less to learn.

207.  S Anthony Johnson Jr., Iowa State
Former CB turned S, athletic for a S but he is still learning the Safety role for run fits and such. Absolutely willing to throw his body around into hits, but sometimes it's better to wrap up more and hit less.

232. LB/S Marte Mapu, Sacramento State
Mapu was listed as a nickel back by his team and traditional a Safety, but seems like teams are looking at him as a light LB and his best role might be as a dome LB/S. But really, he'll probably be mostly on STs.

235. NT Keondre Coburn, Texas
Gute keeps drafting developmental NTs late in the draft and if Coburn was 2 or 3 inches taller, he'd perfectly fit the mold of what Gute seems to be going for. If you just look at his highlights Coburn should go higher, but he wears out quickly despite being heavily rotated in college. If you get his conditioning up and consistently playing at that higher level, you might get a steal, of course, if not, you might have a bust.

242. TE Brenton Strange, Penn State
An H-back or Move-TE that's a jack of all trades and can be used in just about any role, including FB, TE, WR. Could be a good move blocker.

256. S Daniel Scott, California
Very athletic S, with a lot of experience but at 25 years old, makes too many errors. That being said, tackling machine, fast and plays on a ton of ST units.

UDFAs: Grab a number of QBs and RBs and one of the best UDFA Kickers available.
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
a year ago

TE at 13?????? NO!

Albert Breer - TE Michael Mayer
Source: https://www.si.com/nfl/2023/04/26/nfl-mock-draft-quarterbacks-slide-cj-stroud-will-levis 

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

I have absolutely no problem with Mayer at 13.

Enough of the non-sense, despite the blather on 1 round tight ends not making it, this guy is a day one starter and barring injury will be starting for 10 years.
Go Packers!!!!
Zero2Cool
a year ago

I have absolutely no problem with Mayer at 13.

Enough of the non-sense, despite the blather on 1 round tight ends not making it, this guy is a day one starter and barring injury will be starting for 10 years.

Originally Posted by: Martha Careful 

If the Packers think a TE at 13 is the best playing available, I will be fine with it. When these hack jobs are "mock" drafting it, it's stupid. 
UserPostedImage
beast
a year ago
I think TE is extremely important... that being said, I think there has to be an OT or Edge Rusher that is better that high in this draft.

Also, Packers have studied the top TEs a lot, but it's possible they might be able to trade up from the 2nd to grab one.

And while I'm a big fan of quantity and trading back in drafts when picks bust more than they hit... I believe Gute has only traded back twice.

Once trading back (picking up a 1st) and then trading up (giving up a 3rd) for CB Alexander.

And the other one I found was trading back only a few spots in a late round (picking up a 7th) before selecting Edge Enagbare.

My question is doe Gute think any of the TEs are clearly elite? Also what order do they have them in? 

I'd like a trade back, but I'm doubting we see that, especially with Packers moving up in the 1st.
UserPostedImage
buckeyepackfan
a year ago

MY FINAL DRAFT.
Traded down from #13 -3 times
Ended up with 14 picks, 8 of those picks in the top 150.

Looking toward the future,  I picked up 2 more 2nd round picks in 2024, without trading any of The Packers picks.
Offense
3-TE's 
2- Wr's both 6'3 fits Gutes preference
1. Rb sleeper 7th rnd pick
1. Qb 6'3, 220lb,  great for developement
1. Ot 7th rnd  PS player with potential
Defense
2. EDGE both ad depth, potential starters
2. Cb ST's players
1. S 6'3" potential week 1 starter
1 Dt 

Draft day is here, If I hit on 2 of these picks. I'll be happy.  Trust Gute, the process!

30.Darnell Washington TE Georgia
42.A. Adebawore EDGE Northwestern
47.Cedric Tillman WR Tennessee
78.Keeanu Benton DT Wisconsin
94.Zack Kuntz TE Old Dominion
116.Bryce Ford-Wheaton WR West Virginia
149.Trey Dean S Florida
150.Isaiah McGuire EDGE Missouri
179.Rejzohn Wright CB Oregon State
207.Terell Smith CB Minnesota
232.Tim DeMorat QB Fordham
235.Jake Witt OT Northern Michigan
242.Evan Hull RB Northwestern
256.Davis Allen TE Clemson

2024 TB 2nd
2024 NO 2nd
I was addicted to The Hokey Pokey, but I turned myself around!
Zero2Cool
a year ago
Why is that guy putting his mock draft simulations in this thread? Silly. 😁

Connor Rogers - EDGE Lukas Van Ness
https://www.nbcsportsedge.com/article/nfl-draft-preview/rogers-final-three-round-nfl-mock-draft 
UserPostedImage