go.pack.go.
15 years ago

I was thinking. Why didn't McCarthy at least challenge that 4th down run by the bears. There was enough time left that the TO would not have been necessary, but by doing so would have shown that coaching staff had some faith that the D held. In not doing so, sort of deflated the D even more.

"PackFanWithTwins" wrote:

I completely agree....I was so pissed when he didn't throw it because I knew they were going to score a TD. I think it was obvious that Pickett stoned him before he got to the 1st down.
UserPostedImage
kobe16
15 years ago
Why does Mike Mccarthy never play for the win. he always settles for field goals or the tie. on third down late in the game tied deep in chicago territory with 2 timeouts at least throw the ball. the packers ran right into the bears defense and next thing you know a blocked field goal. He needs to let aaron win a game for them
UserPostedImage
macbob
15 years ago
I felt like I was watching a Charlie Brown movie in the second half. I could just feel the goat rising.

With 2 minutes left and McCarthy calling running plays to use up the clock then try a field goal, all I could think about were the two times he'd done the same thing earlier this year in the first half, and came away with no points both times.

And it hit me at that time. I realized I wasn't expecting them to win...I was expecting them to find a way to lose. That is a very sad commentary on this team--good teams find ways to win, bad teams find ways to lose.

Merry Christmas, Bears. Please please please please please, not the Lions too.
kobe16
15 years ago
The pack had too many chances to put the damn game away but just couldn't do it. 14-3 lead and the bears are punting, a lucky bounce lead to a bears touchdown. 14-10 lead interception leads to 3 points 17-10 lead, interception leads to no points, IMO the bears did not convert that 4th and 1 that gave them 1st and goal, and a-rod leading us down the field to win the game and a blocked field goal. I knew we gonna lose after that blocked field goal so i didn't even watch overtime. I just saw the coin toss bounce off of urlachers helmet and since it hit him i knew the bears won the toss and ultimately the game.
UserPostedImage
RaiderPride
15 years ago
It will be nice to watch the Vikings playoff hopes go down the drain on the last day of the regular season though.

On another note... I read in the Chicago paper this morning that last nights game was the coldest ever in history for a game at Soldier Field. (I find that amazing.)
""People Will Probably Never Remember What You Said, And May Never Remember What You Did. However, People Will Always Remember How You Made Them Feel."
kobe16
15 years ago
yes exactly i was waiting all night for him to throw that challenge flag but that cost us the lead and confidence and when a team doesn't have confidence they won't win.
UserPostedImage
go.pack.go.
15 years ago

On another note, Mike Montgomery's half sack he scored with Pickett in the 3rd Q I believe; constructed the greatest after-sack taunt of all-time.

Despite the loss, it was the highlight of the night for me.

"Jakest3r" wrote:

I remember seeing it but I don't remember what he did, what did he do?
UserPostedImage
all_about_da_packers
15 years ago

Any way no one will change anybody else's mind. I say Mike McCarthy lost the game. He has been like a deer in the head lights for most of the year. If they fire him (and I know they won't) it would be fine with me. I know it means starting over and learning a new system. They can't fire 53 players and start over just get a new coaching staff. It would show the players they are serious about winning and that everyone including the HC is responsible for their actions and perhaps the players would feel like they have to perform for a whole game or they will be next.

"wpr" wrote:

Yeah, I think it's best to agree to disagree.

I can't really think McCarthy would hide behind a first year QB, that just doesn't seem like him to me.

At the end of the day, I like McCarthy for trusting his QB and the plays eventually leading to a 38 yard FG attempt. I can't really find a whole lot of blame on Mike McCarthy for this, but it seems like I'm in the minority.
The NFL: Where Greg Jennings Happens.
go.pack.go.
15 years ago

Any way no one will change anybody else's mind. I say Mike McCarthy lost the game. He has been like a deer in the head lights for most of the year. If they fire him (and I know they won't) it would be fine with me. I know it means starting over and learning a new system. They can't fire 53 players and start over just get a new coaching staff. It would show the players they are serious about winning and that everyone including the HC is responsible for their actions and perhaps the players would feel like they have to perform for a whole game or they will be next.

"all_about_da_packers" wrote:

Yeah, I think it's best to agree to disagree.

I can't really think McCarthy would hide behind a first year QB, that just doesn't seem like him to me.

At the end of the day, I like McCarthy for trusting his QB and the plays eventually leading to a 38 yard FG attempt. I can't really find a whole lot of blame on Mike McCarthy for this, but it seems like I'm in the minority.

"wpr" wrote:

Aparently, so am I. I'm on your side of things 😉
UserPostedImage
Nonstopdrivel
15 years ago

Like a girl he is hiding behind his QB. A 1st yr QB at that. Like I said last nite, I want a coach with some guts. Call a pass play not an option. Call a pass play that the QB rolls out of the pocket for the run option. Take some of the blame for the cr@ppy plays.

"wpr" wrote:

I'm going to have to agree with wpr on this one. Regardless of his true motives, by calling it an "option" play, it makes him look like he called a play that would allow him to blame his quarterback if it didn't work out. The Bears' defense had folded against the pass all day; there was no reason to assume they would suddenly wake up and make a stand.
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (20h) : Love questionable. Morgan is out. Valentine is doubtful
Martha Careful (20-Sep) : Rodgers and Lazard off to a very strong start
Zero2Cool (19-Sep) : Josh Jacobs. Limited.
Zero2Cool (19-Sep) : Can't find anything on Jacobs :(
wpr (19-Sep) : Do you know if they gave Jacobs an extra day off? I hope so.
Zero2Cool (19-Sep) : WR Jayden Reed (calf) and G Elgton Jenkins (illness/glute) returned after sitting out Wednesday.
Zero2Cool (19-Sep) : Packers are in pads and so is Jordan Love. Second straight day of practice for QB1.
bboystyle (18-Sep) : If Love comes back, we win in a blow out
Zero2Cool (18-Sep) : Jordan Love just spoke with reporters and said he’s giving himself the week but hopeful to play Sunday against the Titans.
Zero2Cool (18-Sep) : Practicing is Jordan Love!
Zero2Cool (18-Sep) : Packers are signing WR Cornelius Johnson to the Practice Squad per sources. Johnson was a 7th round pick this year.
Zero2Cool (17-Sep) : Packers placed RB MarShawn Lloyd on injured reserve.
Zero2Cool (16-Sep) : Rams won’t have Cooper Kupp or Puka Nacua when they host the Packers in Week 5.
Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : Or is that the Rusty Red Rifle because of his age?
Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : The Red Rifle Returns!
Zero2Cool (16-Sep) : Panthers are benching former No. 1 overall pick Bryce Young and starting veteran Andy Dalton beginning this week.
Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : bears still have slim chance here
Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : and there's another one!
Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : oh crap macbob has the Texans K and he keeps hitting these long FGs
Mucky Tundra (15-Sep) : Hope the Texans beat the brakes off the Bears
Zero2Cool (15-Sep) : LaFleur: “I asked Malik why he didn’t throw it on that third down and he told me Josh threw up on the ball.”
Mucky Tundra (15-Sep) : i was wondering why it was just you, me, beast and macbob by the end
Zero2Cool (15-Sep) : Yeah it was weird today for some reason
Mucky Tundra (15-Sep) : Oh my, marvin harrison jr might be as good as he was billed out to be
Mucky Tundra (15-Sep) : and none of the chats on my phone are showing up on the desktop chat
Mucky Tundra (15-Sep) : weird, i was on my phone for chat during the game but now on my desktop I look at chat and there's tons of chats i didn't see on my phone
Zero2Cool (15-Sep) : Oh yeah, for sure. That's just not fair thoguh.
Mucky Tundra (15-Sep) : Zero, what I meant was that surely a tech and IT genius such as yourself would find a way to change the pick
Zero2Cool (15-Sep) : Well, I mean, I know I did, but might not have waited for it to register and went into Chat. Oh well
Zero2Cool (15-Sep) : Or so I thought I did. lol
Zero2Cool (15-Sep) : I had Colts for few days to throw everyone off. At 11am or so, I changed it to Packers.
Mucky Tundra (15-Sep) : You know if you didn't say anything you probably could have changed it and no one would have noticed ;)
Mucky Tundra (15-Sep) : Vikings over the 49ers, Bucs over the Lions
Zero2Cool (15-Sep) : lol awesome. my pick for Packers didn't go through. sweet
Zero2Cool (15-Sep) : Packers defense has 6 Takeaways in two games.
Zero2Cool (15-Sep) : nah
Martha Careful (15-Sep) : I think I've been booted out of the chat room
Zero2Cool (15-Sep) : Jordan Love has his left leg wrapped in a sleeve as he stands on the sidelines during National Anthem.
Zero2Cool (15-Sep) : Jaire Alexander, Eric Wilson and Elgton Jenkins are the Packers’ team captains today against the Colts.
Zero2Cool (15-Sep) : Looks like Sean Rhyan will start at right guard, based on the early warm-ups.
Zero2Cool (15-Sep) : No surprise, Love inactive
Zero2Cool (15-Sep) : Inactives: 10 QB Jordan Love 27 S Kitan Oladapo 57 DL Brenton Cox Jr. 73 T Andre Dillard 79 T Travis Glover 96 DL Colby Wooden
Martha Careful (14-Sep) : Wisconsin football stinks. OL good, Pauling good. all else MEH
Zero2Cool (14-Sep) : Jordan Love downgraded to doubtful for tomorrow's game
Zero2Cool (14-Sep) : Sean Clifford just got called up. No Love tomorrow. No shock either.
Mucky Tundra (13-Sep) : I know it's probably to mess with the Colts but I'm just huffing copium honestly
Mucky Tundra (13-Sep) : So you're saying there's *a chance*?
Zero2Cool (13-Sep) : Packers officially listed QB Jordan Love (knee) as questionable for Sunday's game vs. the \Colts.
Mucky Tundra (13-Sep) : Confirmed concussion for Tua
Mucky Tundra (13-Sep) : Yikes, possibly another concussion for Tua
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2024 Packers Schedule
Friday, Sep 6 @ 7:15 PM
Eagles
Sunday, Sep 15 @ 12:00 PM
COLTS
Sunday, Sep 22 @ 12:00 PM
Titans
Sunday, Sep 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Oct 6 @ 3:25 PM
Rams
Sunday, Oct 13 @ 12:00 PM
CARDINALS
Sunday, Oct 20 @ 12:00 PM
TEXANS
Sunday, Oct 27 @ 12:00 PM
Jaguars
Sunday, Nov 3 @ 3:25 PM
LIONS
Sunday, Nov 17 @ 12:00 PM
Bears
Sunday, Nov 24 @ 3:25 PM
49ERS
Thursday, Nov 28 @ 7:20 PM
DOLPHINS
Thursday, Dec 5 @ 7:15 PM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 15 @ 7:20 PM
Seahawks
Monday, Dec 23 @ 7:15 PM
SAINTS
Sunday, Dec 29 @ 12:00 PM
Vikings
Saturday, Jan 4 @ 11:00 PM
BEARS
Recent Topics
7m / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

21h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

20-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

19-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

18-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / earthquake

18-Sep / Random Babble / wpr

18-Sep / Around The NFL / Martha Careful

18-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

18-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

17-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

17-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

16-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

16-Sep / GameDay Threads / wpr

16-Sep / Fantasy Sports Talk / Zero2Cool

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.