play2win
10 years ago
I believe Byrd could cure A LOT of our woes in our secondary. He is a pure Free Safety, and a complete ball hawk. He would instantly make Green Bay a better team.

Signing Byrd now would give this secondary a solid veteran leader with huge upside, and would go a very long way towards making our defense a strength once again, vs. a liability. Signing Byrd now could also allow for the Packers to pick the best DL and LBs available in the early rounds of May's draft.

The impact of signing Jairus Byrd in Green Bay would be enormous. Plus, the Bears are also in the market for his services. I would rather Ted drops whatever it takes to land this kid, and instantly improve our overall team. Hell, give him the Woodsonesque $11M if that's what it takes. The balance of a fierce offense coupled with a stout defense is what we need to be true contenders again. Signing Byrd now would immediately turn the tables back in our favor. We have been needing an impact signing at the Safety position for 3 years. Now is the time. Sign him Ted, please!!!!
DakotaT
10 years ago
Play, we got Shields signed, let's not get too greedy here. Besides, if we're going to sodomize Bears, let's steal Bennett from under them.
UserPostedImage
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
10 years ago
Jairus Byrd would be a huge addition. If only it were so. I can't imagine Uncle Teddy making an under valued offer little alone a real one.
UserPostedImage
musccy
10 years ago
The Browns, Eagles, and Bills all want Byrd/Ward and I can only assume that there are at least a half dozen more who will be talking to both of them. The likelihood that either would be signed at a fair/reasonable price I suspect is very low.

I don't think Ted would, nor do I personally want him to get into the habit of spending recklessly. It's not good for the long term stability of a franchise.
DakotaT
10 years ago
I think sometimes you guys think 1st ballot hall of fame quarterbacks are just falling out of trees. Wasn't squandering Favre's career enough. I'd say the time is now to spend like Jerruh and Danny. Load this team up and get some more trophies.
UserPostedImage
musccy
10 years ago

I think sometimes you guys think 1st ballot hall of fame quarterbacks are just falling out of trees. Wasn't squandering Favre's career enough. I'd say the time is now to spend like Jerruh and Danny. Load this team up and get some more trophies.

Originally Posted by: DakotaT 

I said more or less the same thing in the Shields thread. Last year the Packers had roughly 40% of their cap space tied up in 4 players, and with the exception of Tramon, 3 of those players saw the field for less than half of the season (Finley, ARod, CM3). It's going to be the same this year with the Shields signing so if you shell out big bucks to Byrd, Ward, etc. as well, they better stay healthy and not pull an Albert Haynesworth, Joe Johnson, or Sydney Rice.

DakotaT
10 years ago

I said more or less the same thing in the Shields thread. Last year the Packers had roughly 40% of their cap space tied up in 4 players, and with the exception of Tramon, 3 of those players saw the field for less than half of the season (Finley, ARod, CM3). It's going to be the same this year with the Shields signing so if you shell out big bucks to Byrd, Ward, etc. as well, they better stay healthy and not pull an Albert Haynesworth, Joe Johnson, or Sydney Rice.

Originally Posted by: musccy 

If Rodgers goes down, we're pretty much hosed anyway. The rest of those guys, we can win without them. I do think Clay Matthews is way over-payed, when taking into consideration all the time he's injured with his muscle milk hamstring problems. Last year's hand injury was a fluky thing.
UserPostedImage
nerdmann
10 years ago

Isn't that exactly what Sherman did to piss Favre's career away?
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
nerdmann
10 years ago

If Rodgers goes down, we're pretty much hosed anyway. The rest of those guys, we can win without them. I do think Clay Matthews is way over-payed, when taking into consideration all the time he's injured with his muscle milk hamstring problems. Last year's hand injury was a fluky thing.

I'm not convinced we're hosed of Rodgers goes down. He went down this past season, and what killed us was the DEFENSE.

We're not bringing Seneca back dude. LOL
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Zero2Cool
10 years ago

I'm not convinced we're hosed of Rodgers goes down. He went down this past season, and what killed us was the DEFENSE.

We're not bringing Seneca back dude. LOL

Originally Posted by: nerdmann 

Yes! Bring me some Marquand Manuel, or Mark Roman or even Joe Johnson!!
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (21h) : YOU BROKE IT
buckeyepackfan (21h) : Welcome to "The Dead Zone" may the only Packer News we hear is positive!!
buckeyepackfan (14-Jun) : Trevor Lawrence-5yr 275mil-200mil guaranteed. J-10VE is next.
Mucky Tundra (13-Jun) : @AaronWilson_NFL #Packers have signed first-round pick Jordan Morgan to $14.185 million deal that includes $7.135 million signing bonus
jdlax (11-Jun) : Hahaha hellllllll no, Sunday is king! It's those Thursday night games that hurt
Mucky Tundra (11-Jun) : @AndyHermanNFL Looks like Tucker Kraft is out of the sling. Progress!
Zero2Cool (11-Jun) : That's also my oldests birthday
Zero2Cool (11-Jun) : Thought it was I fucking hate SNF. I went what why it's consistently way better than any other game
Zero2Cool (11-Jun) : Whoa. I read that so wrong before Jared lol
wpr (10-Jun) : that's great jdlax
jdlax (10-Jun) : God I hate the Shithawks
jdlax (10-Jun) : Sunday Night fucking Football
jdlax (10-Jun) : I just got my tickets to represent in Seattle December 15th woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Martha Careful (9-Jun) : I really enjoyed game 1 of the Stanley Cup final. Sergei Bobrovsky G - FL was incredibly good.
Mucky Tundra (4-Jun) : *NFL
Mucky Tundra (4-Jun) : @ByRyanWood Pads or no pads, welcome to the N
Mucky Tundra (4-Jun) : @ByRyanWood Rashan Gary just steamrolled Jordan Morgan on a bull rush. Drove right over him to the ground.
Mucky Tundra (3-Jun) : God and a lot of money brought Reggie to GB
Mucky Tundra (3-Jun) : yep. became the highest paid defensive player in the league and 3rd highest behind Elway and Marino
Zero2Cool (3-Jun) : Packers signed second-round pick Javon Bullard
Zero2Cool (3-Jun) : Reggie White got something like 4 years $17m total right?
buckeyepackfan (3-Jun) : 110mil guaranteed!!!
Zero2Cool (3-Jun) : Justin Jefferson. 4/$140m ??? wow
Mucky Tundra (31-May) : @AndyHermanNFL Sean Rhyan getting some reps at center in walkthroughs. They are rotating guys everywhere.
Mucky Tundra (31-May) : or that might have been an individual drill thing
Mucky Tundra (31-May) : that was from the 29th but I've seen other combs (including Rhyan@C)
Mucky Tundra (31-May) : @ByRyanWood Without Elgton Jenkins and Zach Tom, #Packers starting OL: Rasheed Walker, Jordan Morgan, Josh Myers, Sean Rhyan, Andre Dillard.
Martha Careful (31-May) : I have never seen an OTA, but who is lining up at LT and RG with starters? or is it all individual drills?
Zero2Cool (30-May) : Bears are the first team to be selected for Hard Knocks
dfosterf (29-May) : Andy Herman and his Pack a day podcast put up GB strengths yesterday. This morning he did weaknesses. They are both very good.
Zero2Cool (25-May) : Yes.
beast (24-May) : Does he say what it is?
Zero2Cool (22-May) : Christian Watson believes he has discovered the root cause his soft-tissue leg injuries
Zero2Cool (22-May) : Savage played last half of season with tear in rotator cuff
Zero2Cool (22-May) : SISSIES!!!!
Mucky Tundra (22-May) : Sounds like both Kraft and Tom were injuried before OTAs began
buckeyepackfan (22-May) : Not serious but waiting for strength and conditioning coach referwnces.
buckeyepackfan (22-May) : Tom and Kraft both injured(pectoral muscle),
Zero2Cool (20-May) : I feel similar about person and product/service.
beast (17-May) : Not sure why a players views reflect on GB... instead of simply on the player
Martha Careful (17-May) : I bet some of us have had 6+ mRNA jabs, a UKR flag on our walls, and still think Fauci has a thread of integrity
Zero2Cool (16-May) : From what I've read, it's all Jets , not us.
CanPackFan (16-May) : Will there ever be a time when Rodgers' whacko views will not reflect on GB? He is the past, thank god.
Zero2Cool (16-May) : Jan 4th gonna be rough with that start time lol
Zero2Cool (16-May) : Packers schedule listed. Boom.
buckeyepackfan (15-May) : Let the leaks begin. Colts @ Packers week 2, Vikings @ Packers week 4
Zero2Cool (14-May) : WR Marquez Valdes-Scantling to Bills
Zero2Cool (14-May) : Jets and Aaron Rodgers open up on Monday Night Football,
Zero2Cool (13-May) : $170 guaranteed. This might impact Jordan Love
Zero2Cool (13-May) : Lions are signing QB Jared Goff to a four-year, $212 million extension
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2024 Packers Schedule
Friday, Sep 6 @ 7:15 PM
Eagles
Sunday, Sep 15 @ 12:00 PM
COLTS
Sunday, Sep 22 @ 12:00 PM
Titans
Sunday, Sep 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Oct 6 @ 3:25 PM
Rams
Sunday, Oct 13 @ 12:00 PM
CARDINALS
Sunday, Oct 20 @ 12:00 PM
TEXANS
Sunday, Oct 27 @ 12:00 PM
Jaguars
Sunday, Nov 3 @ 3:25 PM
LIONS
Sunday, Nov 17 @ 12:00 PM
Bears
Sunday, Nov 24 @ 3:25 PM
49ERS
Thursday, Nov 28 @ 7:20 PM
DOLPHINS
Thursday, Dec 5 @ 7:15 PM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 15 @ 7:20 PM
Seahawks
Monday, Dec 23 @ 7:15 PM
SAINTS
Sunday, Dec 29 @ 12:00 PM
Vikings
Saturday, Jan 4 @ 11:00 PM
BEARS
Recent Topics
2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

13-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

12-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

11-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

11-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

9-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

9-Jun / Around The NFL / beast

6-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

4-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

4-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

4-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / earthquake

3-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

2-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.