Cal2GreenBay
11 years ago
You guys have done a good job explaining the BS officiating last night. I have nothing more to add than a few 4 letter words to agree with you all.

Just wanted to share a couple notes to the game.

1)Seattle's offense is crap. I bet Flynn could really run it better. Golden Tate is mediocre at best.

2)Pete Caroll is a bonafide jerf off. Nothing more to add. You all gave the details.

3)Brian Bulaga canNOT handle athletic rushing defensive ends. He was getting TOSSED last night. I will have to give Seattle credit that they have one of the most athletic D-lines I've seen. It was smart to run on them so they couldn't just tee off on Aaron w/their speed. Bulaga needs help.

4)The DBs in Seattle are monsters. 6'4"? They also concern me for the type of coverage on our receivers. No one could breakaway, even Cobb.

5)Finley can't block. I saw two many protection breakdowns where Finley made arm blocks. You're 6'5" 260! Hit somebody! Or are you worried about your millions?

6)I don't see the burst from G.Jennings. Maybe it was his groin, or the athletic DBs from Seattle but he was just not getting any separation.

7)We need more explosive speed in the receiver set. Jordy is dependable, Greg, is not the same, and Cobb cant' do it himself. The seattle team had better atheletes in coverage for the most part. There needs to be more athleticism on the offensive side.

blank
gbguy20
11 years ago
How are you going to call out bulaga and not newhouse? dude was getting absolutely demolished play after play in the first half.

I don't know if defenses have just figured out how to defend us now or what, but none of our receivers have been able to get any seperation all year.
Pack93z
11 years ago

How are you going to call out bulaga and not newhouse? dude was getting absolutely demolished play after play in the first half.

Originally Posted by: gbguy20 

How about laying the blame rightfully... on the shoes of Mike McCarthy himself. Yes, even he admitted as much in the post game.

I had a house full of people that probably think I am partially insane this morning.. barking at the TV for them to run up the gut. I warned them if it didn't change in the second half.. I would really get hyper.. lol.

The SeaHawks were able to pin their ears back and take the advantage back from the offense because Mike McCarthy was simply to damn stubborn to run the ball.. even as snap after snap Rodgers was getting smacked in the mouth. Hats off the the SeaHawks, that is a good pass rush, but we gave them the edge because there was no threat of anything other than dropping back.

Run the ball and slow down that pass rush, even then there was pressure but at least he was getting enough time to read and pass.

Another thing, if the replacement refs march on, the Packers need to adjust the routes to more stick based with decisive cuts in the routes to minimize the impact that the increased contact downfield is having.

Finley had at least one de-cleatting chip block.. I will not say he was an effective blocker all night but he can block and did.

On number seven.. we are a team built around the current rules of the NFL.. those rules are not being adhered to at the moment. This will change around once the rules are restored.. as much as I don't like it.

"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
Cal2GreenBay
11 years ago

I don't know if defenses have just figured out how to defend us now or what, but none of our receivers have been able to get any seperation all year.

Originally Posted by: gbguy20 

You're right. Newhouse was also a mess, but I'm calling out Bulaga in particular because he was a no.1 pick.

I don't see the team speed and burst in our receiving corps.

I think they HAVE figured us out. They take away the long throws from Aaron and force the underneath throws. They've exposed that when Aaron does the short passes, Jennings, Jordy, JJ, cannot get separation or yards after the catch. Cobb can on occasion, but he can't do it himself.

He was the ONLY guy doing something against San Francisco's athletic defense.

Seatte's defense is just as athletic, and they had REAL problems.

blank
Cal2GreenBay
11 years ago
Agreed. Adjustment to the run should've come in the first half. He endangered Aaron and the team but continuing to pass and not believing how athletic the coverage was and somehow we were going to overcome that.

Jennings, said they just didn't execute. HOW can you execute when you have 6'4" corners who are bigger AND faster than you in your face and you have no way to catch the ball?

Aaron was accurate enough, even under the duress, but there was just no windows to throw.
And when there were completions, the DBs wrapped them up immediately for now yards after.

Also agree that the team plays by the current rules that the officiating is not ahereing too.

I'm upset at the game, but I am still just very concerned that against very strong, athletically superior defenses like Seattle, and San Francisco, the offense is GOING to struggle.

How about laying the blame rightfully... on the shoes of Mike McCarthy himself. Yes, even he admitted as much in the post game.

I had a house full of people that probably think I am partially insane this morning.. barking at the TV for them to run up the gut. I warned them if it didn't change in the second half.. I would really get hyper.. lol.

The SeaHawks were able to pin their ears back and take the advantage back from the offense because Mike McCarthy was simply to damn stubborn to run the ball.. even as snap after snap Rodgers was getting smacked in the mouth. Hats off the the SeaHawks, that is a good pass rush, but we gave them the edge because there was no threat of anything other than dropping back.

Run the ball and slow down that pass rush, even then there was pressure but at least he was getting enough time to read and pass.

Another thing, if the replacement refs march on, the Packers need to adjust the routes to more stick based with decisive cuts in the routes to minimize the impact that the increased contact downfield is having.

Finley had at least one de-cleatting chip block.. I will not say he was an effective blocker all night but he can block and did.

On number seven.. we are a team built around the current rules of the NFL.. those rules are not being adhered to at the moment. This will change around once the rules are restored.. as much as I don't like it.

Originally Posted by: Pack93z 

blank
coltonja
11 years ago

You guys have done a good job explaining the BS officiating last night. I have nothing more to add than a few 4 letter words to agree with you all.

Just wanted to share a couple notes to the game.

Originally Posted by: Cal2GreenBay 

Thanks, Cal, glad something like this got started up because we are all so upset about the last call we can definitely overlook the rest of the game.

Our D looked impressive against a lackluster offense for two weeks in a row, but our offense was just as bad, if not worse. Our defense really might be good but are they at the level they reached at the end of our SB run? They will have to be that good or better if our offense can't get going.

And that's what really scares me. Aaron Rodgers has not looked like himself at all these first few weeks. He looks antsy, out of control at times, and like he's lacking decisiveness. Over the last two years I would say that Rodgers has come out guns blazing, firing great passes in all areas of the field. His command for the game has been unheard of these past couple seasons. But something is off this year. I have no idea what it is- if it's protection issues, scheming, receivers not getting open, drops, or thinking he has to carry the team like he did last year.

At any rate, it's very early in the season. We can only believe, and hope, that both sides of the ball will improve. Now, though, my confidence in this team to make a deep playoff run is very low.
UserPostedImage
Thanks to pack93z for the sig!!!
nerdmann
11 years ago
Johnny Jolly tweeted during the game that the Packers changed their hand signals at the half.

Coincidentally, they suddenly started to be more successful in the second half. I thought Matt Flynn might have been spying a little bit.

It's really up to Mike to make sure other teams can't steal our signals. I mean, really?
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Zero2Cool
11 years ago
The Packers signals change every offseason. This was mentioned earlier. Do you really think the Packers would use the same signals from '09?
UserPostedImage
zombieslayer
11 years ago
Where are the screens? With the DL pushing around the OL like girl scouts, throw some screens.

And yes, send Benson up the gut. Not around the edges, but up the gut. 🇲🇲 adjusted in the 2nd half, but he should have adjusted sooner. He admitted it in the post game interview though.

I like 🇲🇲. He knows when he makes mistakes and corrects them.

Bring on the Saints. We may have an elite D. Let's see what Brees can do against our D. They've been really good 2 out of 3 games now.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)
2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. 🇹🇹 🇲🇲 🇦🇷
nerdmann
11 years ago

The Packers signals change every offseason. This was mentioned earlier. Do you really think the Packers would use the same signals from '09?

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

Makes you wonder.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (14-Jun) : YOU BROKE IT
buckeyepackfan (14-Jun) : Welcome to "The Dead Zone" may the only Packer News we hear is positive!!
buckeyepackfan (14-Jun) : Trevor Lawrence-5yr 275mil-200mil guaranteed. J-10VE is next.
Mucky Tundra (13-Jun) : @AaronWilson_NFL #Packers have signed first-round pick Jordan Morgan to $14.185 million deal that includes $7.135 million signing bonus
jdlax (11-Jun) : Hahaha hellllllll no, Sunday is king! It's those Thursday night games that hurt
Mucky Tundra (11-Jun) : @AndyHermanNFL Looks like Tucker Kraft is out of the sling. Progress!
Zero2Cool (11-Jun) : That's also my oldests birthday
Zero2Cool (11-Jun) : Thought it was I fucking hate SNF. I went what why it's consistently way better than any other game
Zero2Cool (11-Jun) : Whoa. I read that so wrong before Jared lol
wpr (10-Jun) : that's great jdlax
jdlax (10-Jun) : God I hate the Shithawks
jdlax (10-Jun) : Sunday Night fucking Football
jdlax (10-Jun) : I just got my tickets to represent in Seattle December 15th woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Martha Careful (9-Jun) : I really enjoyed game 1 of the Stanley Cup final. Sergei Bobrovsky G - FL was incredibly good.
Mucky Tundra (4-Jun) : *NFL
Mucky Tundra (4-Jun) : @ByRyanWood Pads or no pads, welcome to the N
Mucky Tundra (4-Jun) : @ByRyanWood Rashan Gary just steamrolled Jordan Morgan on a bull rush. Drove right over him to the ground.
Mucky Tundra (3-Jun) : God and a lot of money brought Reggie to GB
Mucky Tundra (3-Jun) : yep. became the highest paid defensive player in the league and 3rd highest behind Elway and Marino
Zero2Cool (3-Jun) : Packers signed second-round pick Javon Bullard
Zero2Cool (3-Jun) : Reggie White got something like 4 years $17m total right?
buckeyepackfan (3-Jun) : 110mil guaranteed!!!
Zero2Cool (3-Jun) : Justin Jefferson. 4/$140m ??? wow
Mucky Tundra (31-May) : @AndyHermanNFL Sean Rhyan getting some reps at center in walkthroughs. They are rotating guys everywhere.
Mucky Tundra (31-May) : or that might have been an individual drill thing
Mucky Tundra (31-May) : that was from the 29th but I've seen other combs (including Rhyan@C)
Mucky Tundra (31-May) : @ByRyanWood Without Elgton Jenkins and Zach Tom, #Packers starting OL: Rasheed Walker, Jordan Morgan, Josh Myers, Sean Rhyan, Andre Dillard.
Martha Careful (31-May) : I have never seen an OTA, but who is lining up at LT and RG with starters? or is it all individual drills?
Zero2Cool (30-May) : Bears are the first team to be selected for Hard Knocks
dfosterf (29-May) : Andy Herman and his Pack a day podcast put up GB strengths yesterday. This morning he did weaknesses. They are both very good.
Zero2Cool (25-May) : Yes.
beast (24-May) : Does he say what it is?
Zero2Cool (22-May) : Christian Watson believes he has discovered the root cause his soft-tissue leg injuries
Zero2Cool (22-May) : Savage played last half of season with tear in rotator cuff
Zero2Cool (22-May) : SISSIES!!!!
Mucky Tundra (22-May) : Sounds like both Kraft and Tom were injuried before OTAs began
buckeyepackfan (22-May) : Not serious but waiting for strength and conditioning coach referwnces.
buckeyepackfan (22-May) : Tom and Kraft both injured(pectoral muscle),
Zero2Cool (20-May) : I feel similar about person and product/service.
beast (17-May) : Not sure why a players views reflect on GB... instead of simply on the player
Martha Careful (17-May) : I bet some of us have had 6+ mRNA jabs, a UKR flag on our walls, and still think Fauci has a thread of integrity
Zero2Cool (16-May) : From what I've read, it's all Jets , not us.
CanPackFan (16-May) : Will there ever be a time when Rodgers' whacko views will not reflect on GB? He is the past, thank god.
Zero2Cool (16-May) : Jan 4th gonna be rough with that start time lol
Zero2Cool (16-May) : Packers schedule listed. Boom.
buckeyepackfan (15-May) : Let the leaks begin. Colts @ Packers week 2, Vikings @ Packers week 4
Zero2Cool (14-May) : WR Marquez Valdes-Scantling to Bills
Zero2Cool (14-May) : Jets and Aaron Rodgers open up on Monday Night Football,
Zero2Cool (13-May) : $170 guaranteed. This might impact Jordan Love
Zero2Cool (13-May) : Lions are signing QB Jared Goff to a four-year, $212 million extension
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2024 Packers Schedule
Friday, Sep 6 @ 7:15 PM
Eagles
Sunday, Sep 15 @ 12:00 PM
COLTS
Sunday, Sep 22 @ 12:00 PM
Titans
Sunday, Sep 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Oct 6 @ 3:25 PM
Rams
Sunday, Oct 13 @ 12:00 PM
CARDINALS
Sunday, Oct 20 @ 12:00 PM
TEXANS
Sunday, Oct 27 @ 12:00 PM
Jaguars
Sunday, Nov 3 @ 3:25 PM
LIONS
Sunday, Nov 17 @ 12:00 PM
Bears
Sunday, Nov 24 @ 3:25 PM
49ERS
Thursday, Nov 28 @ 7:20 PM
DOLPHINS
Thursday, Dec 5 @ 7:15 PM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 15 @ 7:20 PM
Seahawks
Monday, Dec 23 @ 7:15 PM
SAINTS
Sunday, Dec 29 @ 12:00 PM
Vikings
Saturday, Jan 4 @ 11:00 PM
BEARS
Recent Topics
10h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

10h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

11h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

13-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

12-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

11-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

11-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

9-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

9-Jun / Around The NFL / beast

6-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

4-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

4-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

4-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / earthquake

3-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

2-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.