Zero2Cool
12 years ago
I think Tim Tebow would be a good fit for the Dolphins type of offense. It'd be a win-win for both teams. Broncos get a draft pick or player and rid themselves of the distraction and Dolphins get a Florida loved QB that could be exciting for them.

Then again, maybe Packers trade Matt Flynn for a LB ... which makes me ask, what do the Dolphins have that's worthy of trading for? I know they have a fairly decent secondary so maybe a Safety?
UserPostedImage
rabidgopher04
12 years ago
The last thing we want to do is trade Flynn. If Rodgers goes down I don't think we want to ruin our season with some QB that can't get it done. We know what we have in Flynn and that he is capable (despite the INT he threw the other day).
Amazing Bacon Delivery  Service! Never be without good bacon again.
beast
12 years ago

I think Tim Tebow would be a good fit for the Dolphins type of offense. It'd be a win-win for both teams. Broncos get a draft pick or player and rid themselves of the distraction and Dolphins get a Florida loved QB that could be exciting for them.

Then again, maybe Packers trade Matt Flynn for a LB ... which makes me ask, what do the Dolphins have that's worthy of trading for? I know they have a fairly decent secondary so maybe a Safety?

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

When the Orton to Dolphins trade talks broke down I was surprised they didn't then try Tebow. Then again maybe they did and the broncos just said no since it sounded like they wanted Tebow to be their new QB (until he sucked in training camp)

I think Tebow would of been prefect in the Dolphins old system... but they got a new system this off-season and to be honest I don't know too much about it. But they could probably get mega jersey selling money. (or course all the broncos who brought their tebow jerseys will be POed)

To be honest I'm not sure if Flynn trade value is high as most Packers fans think it is. And I think their back-up Matt Moore is under rated. Yeah he sucked last year but his OL was down right horrible getting him killed.... he did well before last year with the horrible OL.

Also I'm not sure if the Dolphins have anything useful to trade us unless they're willing to trade some important spot or player.

Their back-up C Ryan Cook who in 70 games with the Vikings started 40 of them over 5 years. He might upgrade Center D-Smith.

A fast back-up S in Chris Clemons but fast doesn't mean good. Also Pat Lee doesn't seems to be making it up CB... he's big and a willing hitter... so why not try to move him to the 3rd/4th Safety spot... he should know the system calls... even though it's a new position?

I find CB Nolan Carroll interesting but I think he's their nickel guy so I'm not sure they'd trade him.

3rd string OLB (with DL size... 6-5 290) is Ikaika Alama-Francis... whose father (Joseph "Joe" Francis) played back-up to Bart Star for two seasons. Played DL for the Lions in 19 games and started for two of them... sounds like he came to the Dolphins as a DL guy but they felt he was a better fit at LB than 3-4 DE.

They got some interesting guys at 3-4 DE. Randy Starks and Kendall Langford are listed as the starters but the back-ups have bigger name value. Tony McDaniel, Phillip Merling, Jared Odrick, Igor Olshansky.

But McDaniel and Merling have had charges for aggravated battery against females. (pregnant female for Merling). I'm not sold on Odrick hype... and that he's physical enough for the inside of NFL lines and he's listed a 3rd string. Igor has been said to be super strong... but sounded like at the end of his run with the Chargers they weren't interested in resigning him, Cowboys didn't finish their deal with him... and now he's with the Dolphins.

UserPostedImage
Packers_Finland
12 years ago

I know they have a fairly decent secondary

Really? Is that why they give up 300+ passing yards per game even though they trail for most of the game? Is that why they've given up 9 passing touchdowns this season, and have only gotten 2 interceptions? Is that why they give up a 105.4 QB Rating which is the third worst in the entire league. In short: the Dolphins secondary is TERRIBLE. Yeremiah Bell (their strong safety) is probably the only player I'd accept into the Packers from their secondary... if only to use as an in-the-box safety on running downs.

Other than Cameron Wake they don't have decent OLBs, and it would be near impossible to pry him away from them. Flynn for a draft pick is the only trade I could see happening between us and them.

What they should do, in my opinion, is go sign David Garrard. Garrard is underrated. He can be an above average QB when given some weapons.
This is a placeholder
Zero2Cool
12 years ago

The last thing we want to do is trade Flynn. If Rodgers goes down I don't think we want to ruin our season with some QB that can't get it done. We know what we have in Flynn and that he is capable (despite the INT he threw the other day).

Originally Posted by: rabidgopher04 

Is Graham Harrell that far behind Matt Flynn? I don't buy into this Matt Flynn hype that some seem to be flinging around. He looked good against the Patriots but his preseason was weak from what I recall.

beast, I was surprised it was Kyle Orton that was initially being talked about being traded. John Fox is pretty well known for wanting a pocket passer. Sure he could change, but Tim Tebow I believe will never be a pocket passing QB. Which is why I think he'd fit well in the Dolphins offense. They seem to run a lot of gimmick plays.

Packers_Finland, I love how you skew stats without context to try and make yourself look smart. It's adorable. 🤤 Excellent idea about David Garrard, he'd come with no player or draft pick loss and is probably better than both Tebow and Flynn.
UserPostedImage
Packers_Finland
12 years ago

Packers_Finland, I love how you skew stats without context to try and make yourself look smart. It's adorable. 🤤 Excellent idea about David Garrard, he'd come with no player or draft pick loss and is probably better than both Tebow and Flynn.

Skew stats? 

Roll down to 30... Dolphins pass defense stats are all there.

Other than that, my view on their defense comes from watching a few of their games, and profootballfocus.
This is a placeholder
Zero2Cool
12 years ago
The Packers are 31st in pass defense, does that mean the Packers secondary has no one worthy of improving another teams defense? Keep pumping those stats because they tell EVERYTHING!!!
UserPostedImage
Packers_Finland
12 years ago

The Packers are 31st in pass defense, does that mean the Packers secondary has no one worthy of improving another teams defense? Keep pumping those stats because they tell EVERYTHING!!!

I realize you're probably joking but:

a) Packers play ahead. Teams pass when they're behind. The ranking is from yards. Do you get the picutre?

b) The Packers TD-INT ratio is 9-8. This is solid.

c) The Packers only allow a 88.6 QB Rating. This is ranked 15th in the league, and is a much more accurate depiction of a teams pass defense than simply yards.

d) I never said stats tell the whole truth, but stats combined with personal experience in watching games can go a long way.
This is a placeholder
Zero2Cool
12 years ago
a) excuse
b) excuse
c) what's the Dolphins? 124?
d) doesn't matter if the person who's doing the viewing doesn't know what they are talking 'bout!!!

I thought Vontae Davis was a safety, I was mistaken.

BTW, fairly decent doesn't mean they have four pro bowlers that can cover for 6 seconds because the DL doesn't apply any pressure. There's a lot that goes into evaluating a secondary, not just the stats. The fact that you mentioned the stats, made me completely dismiss your evaluation all together. I'd rather see targeted/caught/yards/TDs/INT's for each individual player... that would be how one should use stats to give any proper evaluation on an entire secondary. Not some half-ass'd position in yards given up.

Problem is, I have NO CLUE where to even start to find said numbers, which I'm assuming that's why you lazily grabbed the first stat you found that supported your perception, rather than looking for an accurate depiction of skill. Which makes me wonder, do the Dolphins employ a 3 - 4 defense and is it more zone or man and do they blitz often and how often is it they blitz? I'm sure you can answer all those questions because of your extensive research in watching the Dolphins play so I'm going to appreciate your response.

UserPostedImage
Packers_Finland
12 years ago

a) excuse
b) excuse
c) what's the Dolphins? 124?
d) doesn't matter if the person who's doing the viewing doesn't know what they are talking 'bout!!!

I thought Vontae Davis was a safety, I was mistaken.

BTW, fairly decent doesn't mean they have four pro bowlers that can cover for 6 seconds because the DL doesn't apply any pressure. There's a lot that goes into evaluating a secondary, not just the stats. The fact that you mentioned the stats, made me completely dismiss your evaluation all together. I'd rather see targeted/caught/yards/TDs/INT's for each individual player... that would be how one should use stats to give any proper evaluation on an entire secondary. Not some half-ass'd position in yards given up.

Problem is, I have NO CLUE where to even start to find said numbers, which I'm assuming that's why you lazily grabbed the first stat you found that supported your perception, rather than looking for an accurate depiction of skill. Which makes me wonder, do the Dolphins employ a 3 - 4 defense and is it more zone or man and do they blitz often and how often is it they blitz? I'm sure you can answer all those questions because of your extensive research in watching the Dolphins play so I'm going to appreciate your response.

lol, stuff like this it's Profootballfocus.com. You can look at all the formation stuff, special indivudal player stats like number of times targeted, on what kind of routes, did he have safety help, touchdowns allowed, everything like that. It just costs. I have a subscription.
This is a placeholder
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (2h) : LaFleur admits the Packers are sacrificing the defensive ends to a certain degree to set the edge and avoid rushing lanes.
Zero2Cool (3h) : LaFleur expects Christian Watson to "be out most likely at least a week or so."
Zero2Cool (4h) : NFL concluded its investigation of former Jaguars kicker Brandon McManus and determined there was insufficient evidence to support a finding
Zero2Cool (7h) : Dikembe Mutombo has died from brain cancer at age 58.
Zero2Cool (11h) : Wyatt was probably best NT/DT this season
Mucky Tundra (29-Sep) : Not good, Jethro. Not good.
Mucky Tundra (29-Sep) : @ByRyanWood Devante Wyatt wearing a walking boot on right foot with crutches inside #Packers postgame locker room
Zero2Cool (29-Sep) : Watson's ankle... "He told me that it was just a sprain."
Zero2Cool (29-Sep) : At least it's ankle not hamstring for Watson
packerfanoutwest (29-Sep) : Love is overrated
dhazer (29-Sep) : Damn Kevin you were right Fields killed it today 35 pts
Mucky Tundra (29-Sep) : The entire defense might as well be OUT
Zero2Cool (29-Sep) : Jaire is OUT
Zero2Cool (29-Sep) : Love, for sure.
dhazer (29-Sep) : thats what i am thinking JJ is going off against Stokes
dfosterf (29-Sep) : Sam Darnold this week, imo
dhazer (29-Sep) : Fantasy advice Love or Darnold with no packer cbs
Mucky Tundra (29-Sep) : Bonkers Georiga-Bama game
Zero2Cool (29-Sep) : Jaire and Valentine probably both out.
Zero2Cool (29-Sep) : Packers have elevated CBs Kamal Hadden and Robert Rochell for tomorrow's game.
packerfanoutwest (28-Sep) : Sources: Packers QB Jordan Love expected back vs. Vikings
Zero2Cool (28-Sep) : The NFL fined #Packers RB Josh Jacobs a whopping $45,020 for unnecessary roughness/use of helmet last week
Zero2Cool (27-Sep) : Packers Final Injury Report: Jordan Love questionable vs. Vikings
Zero2Cool (27-Sep) : We are hosed. Not practicing Friday: CB Jaire Alexander, CB Carrington Valentine, G/T Jordan Morgan.
Zero2Cool (26-Sep) : rude
Mucky Tundra (26-Sep) : RIP Frank Ragnow
Mucky Tundra (26-Sep) : @E_Woodyard #Lions HC Dan Campbell says they're gonna put Frank Ragnow down this week. "We've got to be smart," Campbell said.
bboystyle (25-Sep) : Favre using the pitty card during that hearing for his criminal acts
Zero2Cool (24-Sep) : Former Packers QB Brett Favre recently announced he was diagnosed with Parkinson's.
Zero2Cool (24-Sep) : The only QBs this season with 0 turnover-worthy plays according to PFF (minimum 30 dropbacks) Aaron Rodgers Malik Willis Justin Fields
Mucky Tundra (23-Sep) : @DavidBearmanPFN · 18h Vegas has watched Will Levis for 3 weeks and installed them as a 1-point favorite in Miami next week. Let that sink
Mucky Tundra (23-Sep) : Martha, they did play much better with Dalton yesterday
Zero2Cool (23-Sep) : Test results on Sam Darnold’s knee showed a knee bruise and no structural damage. He is not expected to miss any time.
Martha Careful (23-Sep) : Not with Dalton apparently
Mucky Tundra (23-Sep) : Not sure what to make of the NFC South so far this season (outside of the Panthers being a dumpster fire)
Mucky Tundra (22-Sep) : of course I say that and then they overturn that play that put them on the 49ers 2 yard line
Mucky Tundra (22-Sep) : *without
Mucky Tundra (22-Sep) : Even with Nacua and Kupp out, Rams looking fiesty on offense
Martha Careful (22-Sep) : Tim Boyle is playing for the Dolphins
Martha Careful (22-Sep) : I love seeing Dallas lose
Mucky Tundra (22-Sep) : The Red Rifle is on fire in Las Vegas! 3 TDs in the first half!
Mucky Tundra (22-Sep) : @mattschneidman · 2m The fire alarm is going off inside the Packers locker room here in Nashville.
Mucky Tundra (22-Sep) : Gonna need a drink after looking at my picks for the early games in Pick'em
Zero2Cool (22-Sep) : James Jones. Y’all must not know, Dr. Mackenzie🤣 he was not going to let Jordan love play today.
Zero2Cool (22-Sep) : Malik to start. Love inactive. Per report. Let's go!!
buckeyepackfan (22-Sep) : I think J-10VE will be inactive, a little twist that could be put in is run a wildcat with Wicks at qb. Have him as emergency qb if needed.
Zero2Cool (21-Sep) : I think that's how it works.
Zero2Cool (21-Sep) : I'd go 3 QB regardless this game.
Zero2Cool (21-Sep) : Clifford was elevated, not activated. He doesn't play, it doesn't count.
hardrocker950 (21-Sep) : If Clifford is active, not likely to see Jordan play this weekend
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2024 Packers Schedule
Friday, Sep 6 @ 7:15 PM
Eagles
Sunday, Sep 15 @ 12:00 PM
COLTS
Sunday, Sep 22 @ 12:00 PM
Titans
Sunday, Sep 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Oct 6 @ 3:25 PM
Rams
Sunday, Oct 13 @ 12:00 PM
CARDINALS
Sunday, Oct 20 @ 12:00 PM
TEXANS
Sunday, Oct 27 @ 12:00 PM
Jaguars
Sunday, Nov 3 @ 3:25 PM
LIONS
Sunday, Nov 17 @ 12:00 PM
Bears
Sunday, Nov 24 @ 3:25 PM
49ERS
Thursday, Nov 28 @ 7:20 PM
DOLPHINS
Thursday, Dec 5 @ 7:15 PM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 15 @ 7:20 PM
Seahawks
Monday, Dec 23 @ 7:15 PM
SAINTS
Sunday, Dec 29 @ 12:00 PM
Vikings
Saturday, Jan 4 @ 11:00 PM
BEARS
Recent Topics
1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

11h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

29-Sep / Fantasy Sports Talk / Zero2Cool

29-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

29-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

28-Sep / Around The NFL / Mucky Tundra

27-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

27-Sep / Random Babble / wpr

25-Sep / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

25-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

25-Sep / GameDay Threads / wpr

24-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.