flep
  • flep
  • Member Topic Starter
12 years ago
It's 14:47 in the UK, 09:47 in New York

Lets get this thing signed sealed and delivered and lets have training camps and free agency on the go.

Please!!!!!!!!!!!!!](*,) šŸ˜£ šŸ˜£
Formed Merseyside Nighthawks. British Champions 1992. Packer fan for 32 years
UserPostedImage

I feel very wrong now!!!!!!!!!
Pack93z
12 years ago
Expect a number of reports containing frustrations and some "red" flags.. I think there is going to be a number of infighting issues to be resolved today.. namely a number of players that take issue with the, even if they deny it, special treatment of a couple named in the lawsuit.

Personally.. I don't buy that it wasn't asked for.. by whom on their behalf maybe, but I believe the question was asked. And reports I heard this morning on Mike&Mike is that some players are a little heated about it..

So I fully expect the players to take a good long time today to hash out these "non" asked for exceptions in addition to presenting and digesting the CBA proposal.
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
flep
  • flep
  • Member Topic Starter
12 years ago

Expect a number of reports containing frustrations and some "red" flags.. I think there is going to be a number of infighting issues to be resolved today.. namely a number of players that take issue with the, even if they deny it, special treatment of a couple named in the lawsuit.

Personally.. I don't buy that it wasn't asked for.. by whom on their behalf maybe, but I believe the question was asked. And reports I heard this morning on Mike&Mike is that some players are a little heated about it..

So I fully expect the players to take a good long time today to hash out these "non" asked for exceptions in addition to presenting and digesting the CBA proposal.

Originally Posted by: Pack93z 

We all know who these players are...... maybe the players who are upset could take out their frustration on the field.

Now that would be fun!!!
UserPostedImage

DakotaT
12 years ago

We all know who these players are...... maybe the players who are upset could take out their frustration on the field.

Now that would be fun!!!

Originally Posted by: flep 

Yeah like a Julius Peppers helmet to helmet missile launch upside Peyton's huge melon. Now I'd enjoy that.
UserPostedImage
Pack93z
12 years ago
As always.. a solid read.

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Labor-pains-ending-baby-coming-soon.html 

Labor Pains ending; Baby coming soon

All is still trending towards the NFL labor pains leading to delivery of a baby soon. And while we still expect a smooth landing, some last-minute turbulence has manifested itself in the recent settlement requests of the named Brady plaintiffs.

Named hold-ups

Jackson will not hold up a deal.

The horse-trading I mentioned previously  has taken shape. Vincent Jackson and Logan Mankins, casualties of the 2010 uncapped rules, were reported to not be going quietly into a settlement. Both were designated with franchise tags prior to the NFL locking out in March and said to have requested/demanded full free agency and/or a lump-sum payment to compensate them for their restriction.

If true, these requests were neither new nor out of left field. I am told these requests have been swirling for some time, with the player agents and outside counsel pressing DeMaurice Smith to present them as important issues towards settlement. As to precedent, in 1993, all named plaintiffs in the Reggie White v. NFL case were exempted from receiving franchise tag designation for the rest of their careers.

These were minor speed bumps, though, as updated reports – and a tweet from Jackson – suggest there is no longer an issue. Thus, with optimism towards resolution in mind, let's look at the steps by which a new CBA would come to fruition.

The road to a CBA

This morning, a completed draft is being readied for the NFLPA Executive Committee and the NFL's Labor Committee. The NFLPA Executive Committee and all 32 player representatives are set to meet today in Washington to peruse, and hopefully approve, a proposed settlement. A full vote by all 1900 players would then take place. Players would recommend that the Brady named plaintiffs sign off on the deal. Upon approval by the named plaintiffs, the ball would change possession into the Owners' hands.

On Thursday, the Owners are meeting Atlanta, with two or more executives from each team attending. If at least 24 of 32 owners ratify the proposed CBA, peace will be born after four months of grueling labor pains. The NFL would then spend Thursday and Friday briefing team executives on the intricacies of the new CBA.

Comprehensive settlement

The pending litigation and related matters – Brady v. NFL, the television contract case under Judge Doty, the NFL's unfair labor practice charge with the NLRB, the NFLPA collusion grievance from last year, etc. – are expected to be rolled up into one all-encompassing "global settlement" between the parties.

Recertification

Without a union, the labor exemption – shielding the NFL from antitrust liability – does not attach. As part of the new CBA, the NFL insists that the NFLPA return to its previous role as the exclusive union of NFL Players.

If recertification mirrors the 1993 post-White recertification, there must be:

• A majority vote (50% + 1) of NFL players – by signed authorization cards – designating the NFLPA as the exclusive collective bargaining representative of all present and future players

• The NFL voluntarily recognizing the NFLPA

• The NFLPA filing a notice with the U.S. Department of Labor and an application with the IRS (to reclassify for tax purposes from a trade association to a labor organization)

Although it sounds like a lot, in today's electronic age, preparations have likely been made for this to be done electronically, via the Internet, saving some much-needed time.

Judge Nelson's blessing

Beyond the Player and Owner votes, there is the matter of the still-pending Brady v. NFL and presenting their settlement agreement to Judge Susan Nelson, the presiding judge who has been apprised of all the negotiations from mediator Arthur Boylan.

Nelson would ensure notice was given to all 1900 NFL Players and potentially hold a hearing where Players unsatisfied with the proposed settlement are afforded the opportunity to object (Judge Doty held the same in 1993 with only a handful of players objecting). Nelson would have ultimate authority to approve the ten-year settlement and end Brady.

This process – more of a formality, especially once the NFLPA recertifies – is not expected to delay the resumption of NFL football.

A not so simple issue

One issue all sides will be watching is what will happen with decertification.  The Owners will try to foreclose the NFLPA's ability to decertify in the future; the Players will resist mightily. To deny decertification as an option will be a major blow to future union leaders in all major sports leagues.

With a ten-year agreement, decertification is not something that will concern the NFL for a long time, but it is in the interest of both parties to find a mutually agreeable solution, and incorporate it into an explicit and unambiguous clause in the next CBA.

Judicial oversight

The 1993 CBA – as a result of the White settlement – carried oversight from the Minnesota District Court. That oversight has represented a pebble in the shoe of the NFL, with Judge David Doty's rulings – for Michael Vick and others – costing Owners tens of millions.

The Owners are insistent in not having similar oversight in the coming agreement, and I sense they will not.

Timeline

Upon expected approval by the full NFL ownership tomorrow in Atlanta, there is a seminar scheduled for team negotiators to review the new rules to play under in the business of football.

As we expected, there will likely be a three-day period of interaction between teams and their own players – players under contract, rookies, pending free agents. That period will be full of tampering, as players and agents will want to know what is behind Door Number Two before agreeing with their own team.

Following that time, the bell will ring on the 2011 League Year, setting off the building of rosters and talent in as compressed a time period as the modern NFL has known. Teams and agents are bracing themselves, but fans are ecstatic.

"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
flep
  • flep
  • Member Topic Starter
12 years ago
Thanks for the above

Here's Vincent Jackson's Tweet

@VincentTJackson VJ
Preciate the support guys! Can't believe all u read or see in media. I have made no demands, I wanna play ball like the rest of my peers!
14 hours ago via Twitter for Android

Good to see
UserPostedImage

wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
12 years ago
So close and yet so far.
UserPostedImage
flep
  • flep
  • Member Topic Starter
12 years ago
Just up on NFL now players not voting today

UserPostedImage

Cheesey
12 years ago
They need to get this over with.
Both sides will lose alot of money if they can't get the full season in.
Time for the greedy (CENSORED) to (CENSORED) or get off the pot!!!
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
Mucky Tundra (4h) : @ochocinco Jayden Reed bitch, learn the fucking name now got damn casual fans šŸ§€
Zero2Cool (26-Jun) : Thanks!
jdlax (26-Jun) : Happy belated Dad Day Kev and all
jdlax (26-Jun) : The Panthers- Canada's team
beast (26-Jun) : And the Hershey Bears for their AHL Championship šŸ† with tons of overtime games
Zero2Cool (25-Jun) : Sure getting lot of spam accounts lately.
Martha Careful (25-Jun) : Congratulations to the Florida Panthers in the NHL and U Tenn in the CWS on their championships
Zero2Cool (24-Jun) : He slammed Rodgers for not being married. And said he wants his QB settled down, not single.
wpr (24-Jun) : NOT
wpr (24-Jun) : This is such a relief. I have been so worried that Cowturd, I mean, herd would never approve of Love.
Zero2Cool (23-Jun) : Colin Cowherd now approves of Jordan Love.
Zero2Cool (23-Jun) : Jordan Love has proposed to his girlfriend Ronika Stone
wpr (22-Jun) : A Packer, Lion and Viking kicker were vying for a job. The bares kicker didn't even qualify.
dfosterf (21-Jun) : Supposedly looked good up to this point in OTA's etc. "Monster Leg" mentioned.
dfosterf (21-Jun) : Packers picked up Lions reject kicker James Turner, the guy they cut to make room for Jake Bates
Mucky Tundra (20-Jun) : And Javon Bullard missing a tackle. Win some lose some apparently
Zero2Cool (20-Jun) : Madden 25 trailer opens with Justin Fields returning a kick off hahahaha
Zero2Cool (19-Jun) : Packers have released kicker Jack Podlesny.
Zero2Cool (19-Jun) : I saw that today. I actually thought he passed away few years ago. 24 time All Star.
Martha Careful (19-Jun) : sad news tonight. Willie Mays passes away. He was the greatest of all time
Martha Careful (16-Jun) : Amen Z2C, I hope all of you fathers have a terrific Fathers' Day. Be great fathers!!!
Zero2Cool (16-Jun) : Happy Father's Day to the dad's
Zero2Cool (14-Jun) : YOU BROKE IT
buckeyepackfan (14-Jun) : Welcome to "The Dead Zone" may the only Packer News we hear is positive!!
buckeyepackfan (14-Jun) : Trevor Lawrence-5yr 275mil-200mil guaranteed. J-10VE is next.
Mucky Tundra (13-Jun) : @AaronWilson_NFL #Packers have signed first-round pick Jordan Morgan to $14.185 million deal that includes $7.135 million signing bonus
jdlax (11-Jun) : Hahaha hellllllll no, Sunday is king! It's those Thursday night games that hurt
Mucky Tundra (11-Jun) : @AndyHermanNFL Looks like Tucker Kraft is out of the sling. Progress!
Zero2Cool (11-Jun) : That's also my oldests birthday
Zero2Cool (11-Jun) : Thought it was I fucking hate SNF. I went what why it's consistently way better than any other game
Zero2Cool (11-Jun) : Whoa. I read that so wrong before Jared lol
wpr (10-Jun) : that's great jdlax
jdlax (10-Jun) : God I hate the Shithawks
jdlax (10-Jun) : Sunday Night fucking Football
jdlax (10-Jun) : I just got my tickets to represent in Seattle December 15th woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Martha Careful (9-Jun) : I really enjoyed game 1 of the Stanley Cup final. Sergei Bobrovsky G - FL was incredibly good.
Mucky Tundra (4-Jun) : *NFL
Mucky Tundra (4-Jun) : @ByRyanWood Pads or no pads, welcome to the N
Mucky Tundra (4-Jun) : @ByRyanWood Rashan Gary just steamrolled Jordan Morgan on a bull rush. Drove right over him to the ground.
Mucky Tundra (3-Jun) : God and a lot of money brought Reggie to GB
Mucky Tundra (3-Jun) : yep. became the highest paid defensive player in the league and 3rd highest behind Elway and Marino
Zero2Cool (3-Jun) : Packers signed second-round pick Javon Bullard
Zero2Cool (3-Jun) : Reggie White got something like 4 years $17m total right?
buckeyepackfan (3-Jun) : 110mil guaranteed!!!
Zero2Cool (3-Jun) : Justin Jefferson. 4/$140m ??? wow
Mucky Tundra (31-May) : @AndyHermanNFL Sean Rhyan getting some reps at center in walkthroughs. They are rotating guys everywhere.
Mucky Tundra (31-May) : or that might have been an individual drill thing
Mucky Tundra (31-May) : that was from the 29th but I've seen other combs (including Rhyan@C)
Mucky Tundra (31-May) : @ByRyanWood Without Elgton Jenkins and Zach Tom, #Packers starting OL: Rasheed Walker, Jordan Morgan, Josh Myers, Sean Rhyan, Andre Dillard.
Martha Careful (31-May) : I have never seen an OTA, but who is lining up at LT and RG with starters? or is it all individual drills?
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2024 Packers Schedule
Friday, Sep 6 @ 7:15 PM
Eagles
Sunday, Sep 15 @ 12:00 PM
COLTS
Sunday, Sep 22 @ 12:00 PM
Titans
Sunday, Sep 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Oct 6 @ 3:25 PM
Rams
Sunday, Oct 13 @ 12:00 PM
CARDINALS
Sunday, Oct 20 @ 12:00 PM
TEXANS
Sunday, Oct 27 @ 12:00 PM
Jaguars
Sunday, Nov 3 @ 3:25 PM
LIONS
Sunday, Nov 17 @ 12:00 PM
Bears
Sunday, Nov 24 @ 3:25 PM
49ERS
Thursday, Nov 28 @ 7:20 PM
DOLPHINS
Thursday, Dec 5 @ 7:15 PM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 15 @ 7:20 PM
Seahawks
Monday, Dec 23 @ 7:15 PM
SAINTS
Sunday, Dec 29 @ 12:00 PM
Vikings
Saturday, Jan 4 @ 11:00 PM
BEARS
Recent Topics
2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

8h / Around The NFL / wpr

8h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

26-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

26-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

25-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

25-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

24-Jun / Random Babble / earthquake

23-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

23-Jun / Around The NFL / wpr

19-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

19-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

18-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

12-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

Headlines
Copyright Ā© 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.comā„¢. All Rights Reserved.