bozz_2006
13 years ago
Too much. Check out the Draft Value Chart . Assuming we just miss the playoffs the next couple years, if we were to calculate in draft picks alone, we'd have to give them our #1 for this year, next year, and the year after that.

Of course they'd assume that we won't miss the playoffs and that our picks are going to be later, you'd probably have to throw in the 2014 first round pick as well.
UserPostedImage
Rockmolder
13 years ago
We could just throw in Aaron Rodgers.
beast
13 years ago

I am going on record to say we will get a 3rd for Barnett, and it will come from the trade happy Denver Broncos that are switching from a 3-4 to a 4-3 and need that solid inside linebacker.

But we will have to wait and see. But it won't surprise me to see him in Denver, which is a norm for Ted Thompson trading players. Get them out of the NFC if possible.

"buckeyepackfan" wrote:

I'll take it a step further dhazer, of course this is assuming there is a new CBA in effect.

IMHO this is the year Ted pulls the shocker of the draft on day 1.

Denver is sitting at #2, I think Ted will put together a package of picks and players to move up to that #2 spot and he will get the man he wants who is Patrick Patterson Cb, LSU.

I know it will take a lot, but what better year than this one to make such a move.

Patterson is the best CB in the draft and he is a great return guy, let's face it, Woody isn't getting any younger and the most obvious need The Packers have is a return guy.

My question for those more knowledgable than myself on the draft pick value formula is ...Just what would it take to move up to that #2 spot?

"dhazer" wrote:

I'm guessing you aren't serious? ... from 32 to 2? ... there is no way... even Mike Ditka's trade all your draft pick in one year for one guy move doesn't pull that off...

You talked about draft pick value formula...
http://www.draftcountdown.com/features/Value-Chart.php 

The #2 pick is worth 2,600 points according to the Value Chart... while the Packers first and 2nd round picks are worth combined 860...

So it'd take three 1st and 2nd round picks to move that far up... that's not a good deal for the Packers.... might get a great playmaker but ruins your chances of keep building...
UserPostedImage
Greg C.
13 years ago
I don't know the formula, but such a move would be bizarre for any GM, let alone Ted Thompson.
blank
Packers_Finland
13 years ago
The Draft Value Chart is outdated. The top picks are cheaper nowadays. Regardless, there's no way we could trade up to the #2 spot without giving up too much.
This is a placeholder
buckeyepackfan
13 years ago
It was just a question, now that I looked at the chart, I realize the value of picks really drops off.

Packers do have quite a few players that could be involved, not only Barnett, there's Chillar, Brad Jones, Brady Poppinga, that's a pretty good LB corpse when healthy, let's not forget about Morgan Burnette.

I don't believe any of their injuries were career threatening, Denver is begging for Defensive players.

Packers give up 1st and 3rd rnd picks....Barnett, Jones, Chillar and Burnette

Packers get Denvers #1.

IMHO Denver would have to take a serious look at the deal, and The Packers, as I said before are in a position this year to make such a deal.

Hey it's the off-season, what else is a person to do?
I was addicted to The Hokey Pokey, but I turned myself around!
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
13 years ago

The Draft Value Chart is outdated. The top picks are cheaper nowadays. Regardless, there's no way we could trade up to the #2 spot without giving up too much.

"Packers_Finland" wrote:

not to mention if they get a rookie cap that is going to change the value of players.
UserPostedImage
DakotaT
13 years ago
Buckeye, I don't think Burnette would be part of any trade scenario or Chillar for that matter. I do like scheming for a player like PP and it is a great idea, but what you propose is too much. Our first and along with a couple players that would be starters on their team along with a possible future pick are possible. I don't think the Packers are the desperate team and would have considerable leverage in negotiations.

I wouldn't be interested in a Herschel Walker type trade cause we're not a player away from winning the Super Bowl, we just won it so we have no desperation at all this offseason. In fact, I don't have much passion at all for any of the mock drafts.
UserPostedImage
beast
13 years ago

"wpr" wrote:

not to mention if they get a rookie cap that is going to change the value of players.

"Packers_Finland" wrote:

They're had a rookie cap for years in... problem is it has had a HUGE loop hole, which made it pointless... if they're able close that loop hole than the early picks are gonna go back up in value as that was the other thing pulling them down in value... all the money you had to give them...

Packers get Denvers #1.

IMHO Denver would have to take a serious look at the deal, and The Packers, as I said before are in a position this year to make such a deal.

"buckeyepackfan" wrote:

I don't want to give up Burnett and Thompson is way to conservative for a move like that.

You're right the Packers are in position to give up a lot of depth if they get a good offer... but does anyone really want the back-ups?
UserPostedImage
Greg C.
13 years ago

It was just a question, now that I looked at the chart, I realize the value of picks really drops off.

Packers do have quite a few players that could be involved, not only Barnett, there's Chillar, Brad Jones, Brady Poppinga, that's a pretty good LB corpse when healthy, let's not forget about Morgan Burnette.

I don't believe any of their injuries were career threatening, Denver is begging for Defensive players.

Packers get Denvers #1.

"buckeyepackfan" wrote:

I always see fans propose these kinds of trades on message boards or in chats or whatever. But these trades don't happen. You can't trade a bunch of mediocre players for one really good one (or one high draft pick). The only thing you can trade mediocre players for is other mediocre players.

Even Barnett and Burnett would not be worth much in a trade, and Chillar, Poppinga, and Jones would be basically worthless as throw-ins in a trade.
blank
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (14-Jun) : YOU BROKE IT
buckeyepackfan (14-Jun) : Welcome to "The Dead Zone" may the only Packer News we hear is positive!!
buckeyepackfan (14-Jun) : Trevor Lawrence-5yr 275mil-200mil guaranteed. J-10VE is next.
Mucky Tundra (13-Jun) : @AaronWilson_NFL #Packers have signed first-round pick Jordan Morgan to $14.185 million deal that includes $7.135 million signing bonus
jdlax (11-Jun) : Hahaha hellllllll no, Sunday is king! It's those Thursday night games that hurt
Mucky Tundra (11-Jun) : @AndyHermanNFL Looks like Tucker Kraft is out of the sling. Progress!
Zero2Cool (11-Jun) : That's also my oldests birthday
Zero2Cool (11-Jun) : Thought it was I fucking hate SNF. I went what why it's consistently way better than any other game
Zero2Cool (11-Jun) : Whoa. I read that so wrong before Jared lol
wpr (10-Jun) : that's great jdlax
jdlax (10-Jun) : God I hate the Shithawks
jdlax (10-Jun) : Sunday Night fucking Football
jdlax (10-Jun) : I just got my tickets to represent in Seattle December 15th woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Martha Careful (9-Jun) : I really enjoyed game 1 of the Stanley Cup final. Sergei Bobrovsky G - FL was incredibly good.
Mucky Tundra (4-Jun) : *NFL
Mucky Tundra (4-Jun) : @ByRyanWood Pads or no pads, welcome to the N
Mucky Tundra (4-Jun) : @ByRyanWood Rashan Gary just steamrolled Jordan Morgan on a bull rush. Drove right over him to the ground.
Mucky Tundra (3-Jun) : God and a lot of money brought Reggie to GB
Mucky Tundra (3-Jun) : yep. became the highest paid defensive player in the league and 3rd highest behind Elway and Marino
Zero2Cool (3-Jun) : Packers signed second-round pick Javon Bullard
Zero2Cool (3-Jun) : Reggie White got something like 4 years $17m total right?
buckeyepackfan (3-Jun) : 110mil guaranteed!!!
Zero2Cool (3-Jun) : Justin Jefferson. 4/$140m ??? wow
Mucky Tundra (31-May) : @AndyHermanNFL Sean Rhyan getting some reps at center in walkthroughs. They are rotating guys everywhere.
Mucky Tundra (31-May) : or that might have been an individual drill thing
Mucky Tundra (31-May) : that was from the 29th but I've seen other combs (including Rhyan@C)
Mucky Tundra (31-May) : @ByRyanWood Without Elgton Jenkins and Zach Tom, #Packers starting OL: Rasheed Walker, Jordan Morgan, Josh Myers, Sean Rhyan, Andre Dillard.
Martha Careful (31-May) : I have never seen an OTA, but who is lining up at LT and RG with starters? or is it all individual drills?
Zero2Cool (30-May) : Bears are the first team to be selected for Hard Knocks
dfosterf (29-May) : Andy Herman and his Pack a day podcast put up GB strengths yesterday. This morning he did weaknesses. They are both very good.
Zero2Cool (25-May) : Yes.
beast (24-May) : Does he say what it is?
Zero2Cool (22-May) : Christian Watson believes he has discovered the root cause his soft-tissue leg injuries
Zero2Cool (22-May) : Savage played last half of season with tear in rotator cuff
Zero2Cool (22-May) : SISSIES!!!!
Mucky Tundra (22-May) : Sounds like both Kraft and Tom were injuried before OTAs began
buckeyepackfan (22-May) : Not serious but waiting for strength and conditioning coach referwnces.
buckeyepackfan (22-May) : Tom and Kraft both injured(pectoral muscle),
Zero2Cool (20-May) : I feel similar about person and product/service.
beast (17-May) : Not sure why a players views reflect on GB... instead of simply on the player
Martha Careful (17-May) : I bet some of us have had 6+ mRNA jabs, a UKR flag on our walls, and still think Fauci has a thread of integrity
Zero2Cool (16-May) : From what I've read, it's all Jets , not us.
CanPackFan (16-May) : Will there ever be a time when Rodgers' whacko views will not reflect on GB? He is the past, thank god.
Zero2Cool (16-May) : Jan 4th gonna be rough with that start time lol
Zero2Cool (16-May) : Packers schedule listed. Boom.
buckeyepackfan (15-May) : Let the leaks begin. Colts @ Packers week 2, Vikings @ Packers week 4
Zero2Cool (14-May) : WR Marquez Valdes-Scantling to Bills
Zero2Cool (14-May) : Jets and Aaron Rodgers open up on Monday Night Football,
Zero2Cool (13-May) : $170 guaranteed. This might impact Jordan Love
Zero2Cool (13-May) : Lions are signing QB Jared Goff to a four-year, $212 million extension
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2024 Packers Schedule
Friday, Sep 6 @ 7:15 PM
Eagles
Sunday, Sep 15 @ 12:00 PM
COLTS
Sunday, Sep 22 @ 12:00 PM
Titans
Sunday, Sep 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Oct 6 @ 3:25 PM
Rams
Sunday, Oct 13 @ 12:00 PM
CARDINALS
Sunday, Oct 20 @ 12:00 PM
TEXANS
Sunday, Oct 27 @ 12:00 PM
Jaguars
Sunday, Nov 3 @ 3:25 PM
LIONS
Sunday, Nov 17 @ 12:00 PM
Bears
Sunday, Nov 24 @ 3:25 PM
49ERS
Thursday, Nov 28 @ 7:20 PM
DOLPHINS
Thursday, Dec 5 @ 7:15 PM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 15 @ 7:20 PM
Seahawks
Monday, Dec 23 @ 7:15 PM
SAINTS
Sunday, Dec 29 @ 12:00 PM
Vikings
Saturday, Jan 4 @ 11:00 PM
BEARS
Recent Topics
21h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

22h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

22h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

13-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

12-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

11-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

11-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

9-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

9-Jun / Around The NFL / beast

6-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

4-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

4-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

4-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / earthquake

3-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

2-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.