TheEngineer
14 years ago
As the final siren sounds on the Packers-Vikings game, I will be sound asleep, without a clue as to how the game went.

For after 5 years, countless exams and assignments, group projects and web-based assessments, at 11 pm, CST time on Sunday (12 noon, Monday here), my thesis will be the last remaining submission in fulfilment of a B.E. (Hons) degree, majoring in civil and structural engineering.

But now the question remains - do I buy an Xbox 360 with Forza3 or a PS3 with GT5 to celebrate? Help me out guys!
blank
IronMan
14 years ago
Buy both! And congrats!
tromadz
14 years ago
I have a PS3.

While there are arguments to be made for both systems, I've never had to send my ps3 back because of a red ring of death or whatever it's called.

Ironman bought a 360 and he didn't seem happy AT ALL. Might want to PM him for his thoughts.

I also have free online play and some neat ps3 exclusives like Uncharted 2: Among Thieves.

Do the research, see what you like the most. If you DO get a ps3, I will beat your toosh on Madden online.

PS - I scored a rushing TD with Ahman Green last night online and I almost shed a tear. Welcome back, Ahman.
dfosterf
14 years ago
Congratulations !

(No opinion on the whole pswhatever thingamabobs, so my priorities kinda suck, sorry)
Zero2Cool
14 years ago
I have always loved PlayStation from the first article I read about it's prototype in GamePro back in the 90's. I debated this PS3 vs XBOX360 heavily and I hated the original xbox.

I like PS3's ability to play BluRay discs as well as a second use of video game console. However, 360 offers better capabilities when you're playing with a group of friends.

I own a 360. I'll be buying a PS3 sometime. I've had my xbox 360 for a couple years now and I'm glad I got it. It was worth the money.

I think for role playing games the PS3 is going to have a better selection than 360.

You really need to know your game type before you purchase one. The graphics are identical on most games. Although the PS3 with the I believe IBM C6 chip is superior to the processor of the 360.

PS3 has had its share of mechanical issues just as the xbox has. It's like buying a car, you're opening yourself to the potential of breakage with either a Ford or Chevrolet.
UserPostedImage
zombieslayer
14 years ago
PS3. My son is trying to sell his XBOX360 as it was a HUGE mistake. Stupid yearly fees, plus PS3 has blue ray. Microsoft loves to nickel and dime its customers to death. They do it with their software and they do it with their game console.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)
2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. 🇹🇹 🇲🇲 🇦🇷
Zero2Cool
14 years ago
How about you explain what that fee is and what it gives you?

It's only 50 bucks a year.

Click HERE  to see what you get for that fifty spot!
UserPostedImage
djcubez
14 years ago
Like everyone said there's pros and cons to both. The red ring thing is mostly covered by warranty now so if you get one it's basically a huge inconvenience plus shipping and handling fees (a couple of my friends have been able to replace theirs). I also like to note that anything Microsoft makes should not be bought at it or near it's release time because there's always problems. I myself own an XBOX 360 and believe it to be a better online multiplayer experience, however I do play mostly shooter games and madden. The PS3 seems to have great single player games and I've always loved playstations as I've owned both a PSX and PS2. I think it mostly depends on what you want to get out of it.

For media center capabilities they both seem to do well. I've been able to play video files from my computer on both my XBOX 360 and my roommates PS3. The PS3 has a natural advantage by having a blu-ray player but you need an HDTV first before actually being able to use it. Not to mention most blu-ray discs are about $35 dollars new. If you do have an XBOX 360 getting a cheap Netflix plan is an awesome feature if you watch a lot of movies.

For gaming I think XBOX 360 gets you a better first person shooter and multiplayer experience. XBOX Live is rather easy to use and even though it's $50 a month it's not too much to ask for with all of it's capabilities. I think the PS3 has a much better RPG and single player game scene.

Basically I think you should ultimately research both and determine one not by what other people tell you but what you want to get out of as they both have cool unique features.
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (53m) : We are hosed. Not practicing Friday: CB Jaire Alexander, CB Carrington Valentine, G/T Jordan Morgan.
Zero2Cool (22h) : rude
Mucky Tundra (22h) : RIP Frank Ragnow
Mucky Tundra (22h) : @E_Woodyard #Lions HC Dan Campbell says they're gonna put Frank Ragnow down this week. "We've got to be smart," Campbell said.
bboystyle (25-Sep) : Favre using the pitty card during that hearing for his criminal acts
Zero2Cool (24-Sep) : Former Packers QB Brett Favre recently announced he was diagnosed with Parkinson's.
Zero2Cool (24-Sep) : The only QBs this season with 0 turnover-worthy plays according to PFF (minimum 30 dropbacks) Aaron Rodgers Malik Willis Justin Fields
Mucky Tundra (23-Sep) : @DavidBearmanPFN · 18h Vegas has watched Will Levis for 3 weeks and installed them as a 1-point favorite in Miami next week. Let that sink
Mucky Tundra (23-Sep) : Martha, they did play much better with Dalton yesterday
Zero2Cool (23-Sep) : Test results on Sam Darnold’s knee showed a knee bruise and no structural damage. He is not expected to miss any time.
Martha Careful (23-Sep) : Not with Dalton apparently
Mucky Tundra (23-Sep) : Not sure what to make of the NFC South so far this season (outside of the Panthers being a dumpster fire)
Mucky Tundra (22-Sep) : of course I say that and then they overturn that play that put them on the 49ers 2 yard line
Mucky Tundra (22-Sep) : *without
Mucky Tundra (22-Sep) : Even with Nacua and Kupp out, Rams looking fiesty on offense
Martha Careful (22-Sep) : Tim Boyle is playing for the Dolphins
Martha Careful (22-Sep) : I love seeing Dallas lose
Mucky Tundra (22-Sep) : The Red Rifle is on fire in Las Vegas! 3 TDs in the first half!
Mucky Tundra (22-Sep) : @mattschneidman · 2m The fire alarm is going off inside the Packers locker room here in Nashville.
Mucky Tundra (22-Sep) : Gonna need a drink after looking at my picks for the early games in Pick'em
Zero2Cool (22-Sep) : James Jones. Y’all must not know, Dr. Mackenzie🤣 he was not going to let Jordan love play today.
Zero2Cool (22-Sep) : Malik to start. Love inactive. Per report. Let's go!!
buckeyepackfan (22-Sep) : I think J-10VE will be inactive, a little twist that could be put in is run a wildcat with Wicks at qb. Have him as emergency qb if needed.
Zero2Cool (21-Sep) : I think that's how it works.
Zero2Cool (21-Sep) : I'd go 3 QB regardless this game.
Zero2Cool (21-Sep) : Clifford was elevated, not activated. He doesn't play, it doesn't count.
hardrocker950 (21-Sep) : If Clifford is active, not likely to see Jordan play this weekend
Mucky Tundra (21-Sep) : QB Sean Clifford and CB Robert Rochell elevated from the PS for the Titans game
Zero2Cool (20-Sep) : Love questionable. Morgan is out. Valentine is doubtful
Martha Careful (20-Sep) : Rodgers and Lazard off to a very strong start
Zero2Cool (19-Sep) : Josh Jacobs. Limited.
Zero2Cool (19-Sep) : Can't find anything on Jacobs :(
wpr (19-Sep) : Do you know if they gave Jacobs an extra day off? I hope so.
Zero2Cool (19-Sep) : WR Jayden Reed (calf) and G Elgton Jenkins (illness/glute) returned after sitting out Wednesday.
Zero2Cool (19-Sep) : Packers are in pads and so is Jordan Love. Second straight day of practice for QB1.
bboystyle (18-Sep) : If Love comes back, we win in a blow out
Zero2Cool (18-Sep) : Jordan Love just spoke with reporters and said he’s giving himself the week but hopeful to play Sunday against the Titans.
Zero2Cool (18-Sep) : Practicing is Jordan Love!
Zero2Cool (18-Sep) : Packers are signing WR Cornelius Johnson to the Practice Squad per sources. Johnson was a 7th round pick this year.
Zero2Cool (17-Sep) : Packers placed RB MarShawn Lloyd on injured reserve.
Zero2Cool (16-Sep) : Rams won’t have Cooper Kupp or Puka Nacua when they host the Packers in Week 5.
Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : Or is that the Rusty Red Rifle because of his age?
Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : The Red Rifle Returns!
Zero2Cool (16-Sep) : Panthers are benching former No. 1 overall pick Bryce Young and starting veteran Andy Dalton beginning this week.
Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : bears still have slim chance here
Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : and there's another one!
Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : oh crap macbob has the Texans K and he keeps hitting these long FGs
Mucky Tundra (15-Sep) : Hope the Texans beat the brakes off the Bears
Zero2Cool (15-Sep) : LaFleur: “I asked Malik why he didn’t throw it on that third down and he told me Josh threw up on the ball.”
Mucky Tundra (15-Sep) : i was wondering why it was just you, me, beast and macbob by the end
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2024 Packers Schedule
Friday, Sep 6 @ 7:15 PM
Eagles
Sunday, Sep 15 @ 12:00 PM
COLTS
Sunday, Sep 22 @ 12:00 PM
Titans
Sunday, Sep 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Oct 6 @ 3:25 PM
Rams
Sunday, Oct 13 @ 12:00 PM
CARDINALS
Sunday, Oct 20 @ 12:00 PM
TEXANS
Sunday, Oct 27 @ 12:00 PM
Jaguars
Sunday, Nov 3 @ 3:25 PM
LIONS
Sunday, Nov 17 @ 12:00 PM
Bears
Sunday, Nov 24 @ 3:25 PM
49ERS
Thursday, Nov 28 @ 7:20 PM
DOLPHINS
Thursday, Dec 5 @ 7:15 PM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 15 @ 7:20 PM
Seahawks
Monday, Dec 23 @ 7:15 PM
SAINTS
Sunday, Dec 29 @ 12:00 PM
Vikings
Saturday, Jan 4 @ 11:00 PM
BEARS
Recent Topics
1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / civic

2h / Around The NFL / beast

4h / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

4h / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

4h / Random Babble / wpr

26-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

25-Sep / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

25-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

25-Sep / GameDay Threads / wpr

24-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

23-Sep / Around The NFL / Martha Careful

23-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

23-Sep / Featured Content / Zero2Cool

23-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

23-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.