Formo
14 years ago
Nonstop, not sure if you've read the past few posts on this topic, and I'm not intending to continue it's track of off-topic-edness (maybe make a split?), but I by no means mean to make this personal, and I hope you don't take it that way.

I very much appreciate your well thought out, intelligent, and educated posts/thoughts/opinions. Even if it's just drivel... 😛 I just want to make sure you are aware that I don't mean to get personal with it, nor mean any sort of attack on your opinion. I think your view on this issue is very noble and has good intentions, it just has a different value than my view.

Anyways, on topic.. WTF was the topic, anyway? Oh yeah.. Billy Mays. Uhh.. My cousin is throwing a Halloween party and is going dresses as Billy Mays. And I just recently saw the informercial with him pitching that hands/bluetooth free cell phone in the car thing. He has one of the best energized attitudes I've seen.. Not too fake, but not a dead fish. Hense his greatness.
UserPostedImage
Thanks to TheViking88 for the sig!!
Nonstopdrivel
14 years ago
I'd be happy to split it out if no one objects. A good political discussion is healthy now and then. 🙂 I have a lot more to say, but I'm seriously swamped with homework at the moment and forming detailed, cogent arguments is slightly beyond my capabilities.
UserPostedImage
Formo
14 years ago

at the moment and forming detailed, cogent arguments is slightly beyond my capabilities.

"Nonstopdrivel" wrote:

That's ok.. Just gives me ample opportunity to beat you down with my sub-standard arguements. 😃
UserPostedImage
Nonstopdrivel
14 years ago
lol, as I've said before, I hate being wrong, but I love being proved wrong. Particularly by a woman. Then it's a big turnon.
UserPostedImage
zombieslayer
14 years ago
I agree with Nonstop here.

Hate to break it to you, but well over 70 million Americans take illegal drugs every year. Only 2 million have a problem, which if I'm not mistaken is less than people who have problems with alcohol, which is legal.

Like Bill Hicks used to say, you're at a party. Someone gets in a fight. Are they drunk or stoned? We all know the answer to this.

I've known a lot of people who have experimented with drugs and have gone on to have highly successful careers, wonderful lives, and strong marriages. I even know people who do illegal drugs today who are currently employed, outstanding citizens, and have strong marriages.

Then there are our drug addicts. The thing is, these people were more often than not losers to begin with and drugs were a catalyst, speeding up the "loser" process.

Legalize drugs. And make dealers pay taxes like the rest of us. I'm sick and tired of paying their taxes for them.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)
2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. 🇹🇹 🇲🇲 🇦🇷
Cheesey
  • Cheesey
  • Preferred Member Topic Starter
14 years ago
In the end though, WHO will end up paying the taxes??
The non users, thats who. Plus it will make that many more "pushers" if it's legal.
Like i always say......laws are there to keep honest people honest. The bad people will break the laws either way.
Make bad drugs legal, and it makes them look like they are not dangerous. That will make people that might not take them take them. Now you just uped the amount of fried brains.
Please explain to me how thats a good thing???
UserPostedImage
zombieslayer
14 years ago

In the end though, WHO will end up paying the taxes??
The non users, thats who. Plus it will make that many more "pushers" if it's legal.
Like i always say......laws are there to keep honest people honest. The bad people will break the laws either way.
Make bad drugs legal, and it makes them look like they are not dangerous. That will make people that might not take them take them. Now you just uped the amount of fried brains.
Please explain to me how thats a good thing???

"Cheesey" wrote:

OK, we all get services - roads, schools, military, firemen, etc. The bulk of those services are paid by income tax. With drugs illegal, dealers pay zero income tax. That means that YOU pay for the services that the drug dealers receive. How does that make you feel?

With drugs legal, you can control them. Funny thing, some sociologists wanted to prove a point and showed that it's actually easier for kids under 18 to score marijuana, which is illegal in most states under most conditions, than cigarettes, which is legal but regulated.

Legalizing something like marijuana would bring tremendous tax revenue plus it will make the drugs "safer," as you're getting exactly what you think you should be getting or else the Ralph Nader types will appear and the lawsuits would put the supplier out of business.

Just because something is legal doesn't mean everyone and their Grandma will try it. If they legalized cocaine, heroin, or meth tomorrow, would you try any of them?

I won't. I'll tell you that right now.

I hope I've answered all your questions.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)
2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. 🇹🇹 🇲🇲 🇦🇷
longtimefan
14 years ago
Take a pic of yourself dressed up as Billy Mays for Halloween and you could get a free bottle of oxyclean and a picture

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20315013,00.html 

The son of legendary pitchman Billy Mays, who died in June, has an unlikely message for those macabre souls who plan to dress up as his father for Halloween: Go for it!

Billy Mays III, who recently launched a Web site called Where's Billy Mays? to honor his father's legacy, has even decided to hold a Hallow-clean Contest in which he's asking people to send in photos of themselves dressed as his dad for Halloween. He'll select three winners to receive various Billy Mays goodies as prizes.

While some might see the contest as inappropriate, even tasteless, Mays's consistent message on his Web site is that people shouldn't take everything so seriously, particularly themselves.

"All I'm trying to do is spread some positivity out there in the world," he writes. "Couldn't hurt, could it?"

El3ment12
14 years ago
This whole drugs being legal thing is confusing the hell outta me. I read cheesey's post, and he made great points and I agreed. Then I read zombie's post, and also agree with that. :scratch: :scratch: :scratch:
Formo
14 years ago

Legalize drugs. And make dealers pay taxes like the rest of us. I'm sick and tired of paying their taxes for them.

"zombieslayer" wrote:

Or do a 'fair tax', where we do NOT get charged with an income tax. Just charge a flat rate tax on all commerce. Then you tap into the drug dealer money, along with the hooker money, and any other illegal forms of making cash.

Right now, the tax system is broken. We are getting taxed on our income, our commerce, our driving, our necessities, etc.. Legalizing drugs just gives the government another foothold to gain control of people. I don't like it one bit.

And I gotta say, you may know people that can control their urges.. do not make the assumption that the majority of other users have the same control.. Just like with drinking. Whether you people believe it or not, more people are under the control of the effects of alcohol than not. There are very few people that can actually control their urges (booze, drugs, etc).

I'm all about NOT giving the government more control over what gets regulated.
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
Mucky Tundra (10m) : Gonna need a drink after looking at my picks for the early games in Pick'em
Zero2Cool (4h) : James Jones. Y’all must not know, Dr. Mackenzie🤣 he was not going to let Jordan love play today.
Zero2Cool (4h) : Malik to start. Love inactive. Per report. Let's go!!
buckeyepackfan (5h) : I think J-10VE will be inactive, a little twist that could be put in is run a wildcat with Wicks at qb. Have him as emergency qb if needed.
Zero2Cool (21h) : I think that's how it works.
Zero2Cool (22h) : I'd go 3 QB regardless this game.
Zero2Cool (22h) : Clifford was elevated, not activated. He doesn't play, it doesn't count.
hardrocker950 (21-Sep) : If Clifford is active, not likely to see Jordan play this weekend
Mucky Tundra (21-Sep) : QB Sean Clifford and CB Robert Rochell elevated from the PS for the Titans game
Zero2Cool (20-Sep) : Love questionable. Morgan is out. Valentine is doubtful
Martha Careful (20-Sep) : Rodgers and Lazard off to a very strong start
Zero2Cool (19-Sep) : Josh Jacobs. Limited.
Zero2Cool (19-Sep) : Can't find anything on Jacobs :(
wpr (19-Sep) : Do you know if they gave Jacobs an extra day off? I hope so.
Zero2Cool (19-Sep) : WR Jayden Reed (calf) and G Elgton Jenkins (illness/glute) returned after sitting out Wednesday.
Zero2Cool (19-Sep) : Packers are in pads and so is Jordan Love. Second straight day of practice for QB1.
bboystyle (18-Sep) : If Love comes back, we win in a blow out
Zero2Cool (18-Sep) : Jordan Love just spoke with reporters and said he’s giving himself the week but hopeful to play Sunday against the Titans.
Zero2Cool (18-Sep) : Practicing is Jordan Love!
Zero2Cool (18-Sep) : Packers are signing WR Cornelius Johnson to the Practice Squad per sources. Johnson was a 7th round pick this year.
Zero2Cool (17-Sep) : Packers placed RB MarShawn Lloyd on injured reserve.
Zero2Cool (16-Sep) : Rams won’t have Cooper Kupp or Puka Nacua when they host the Packers in Week 5.
Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : Or is that the Rusty Red Rifle because of his age?
Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : The Red Rifle Returns!
Zero2Cool (16-Sep) : Panthers are benching former No. 1 overall pick Bryce Young and starting veteran Andy Dalton beginning this week.
Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : bears still have slim chance here
Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : and there's another one!
Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : oh crap macbob has the Texans K and he keeps hitting these long FGs
Mucky Tundra (15-Sep) : Hope the Texans beat the brakes off the Bears
Zero2Cool (15-Sep) : LaFleur: “I asked Malik why he didn’t throw it on that third down and he told me Josh threw up on the ball.”
Mucky Tundra (15-Sep) : i was wondering why it was just you, me, beast and macbob by the end
Zero2Cool (15-Sep) : Yeah it was weird today for some reason
Mucky Tundra (15-Sep) : Oh my, marvin harrison jr might be as good as he was billed out to be
Mucky Tundra (15-Sep) : and none of the chats on my phone are showing up on the desktop chat
Mucky Tundra (15-Sep) : weird, i was on my phone for chat during the game but now on my desktop I look at chat and there's tons of chats i didn't see on my phone
Zero2Cool (15-Sep) : Oh yeah, for sure. That's just not fair thoguh.
Mucky Tundra (15-Sep) : Zero, what I meant was that surely a tech and IT genius such as yourself would find a way to change the pick
Zero2Cool (15-Sep) : Well, I mean, I know I did, but might not have waited for it to register and went into Chat. Oh well
Zero2Cool (15-Sep) : Or so I thought I did. lol
Zero2Cool (15-Sep) : I had Colts for few days to throw everyone off. At 11am or so, I changed it to Packers.
Mucky Tundra (15-Sep) : You know if you didn't say anything you probably could have changed it and no one would have noticed ;)
Mucky Tundra (15-Sep) : Vikings over the 49ers, Bucs over the Lions
Zero2Cool (15-Sep) : lol awesome. my pick for Packers didn't go through. sweet
Zero2Cool (15-Sep) : Packers defense has 6 Takeaways in two games.
Zero2Cool (15-Sep) : nah
Martha Careful (15-Sep) : I think I've been booted out of the chat room
Zero2Cool (15-Sep) : Jordan Love has his left leg wrapped in a sleeve as he stands on the sidelines during National Anthem.
Zero2Cool (15-Sep) : Jaire Alexander, Eric Wilson and Elgton Jenkins are the Packers’ team captains today against the Colts.
Zero2Cool (15-Sep) : Looks like Sean Rhyan will start at right guard, based on the early warm-ups.
Zero2Cool (15-Sep) : No surprise, Love inactive
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2024 Packers Schedule
Friday, Sep 6 @ 7:15 PM
Eagles
Sunday, Sep 15 @ 12:00 PM
COLTS
Sunday, Sep 22 @ 12:00 PM
Titans
Sunday, Sep 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Oct 6 @ 3:25 PM
Rams
Sunday, Oct 13 @ 12:00 PM
CARDINALS
Sunday, Oct 20 @ 12:00 PM
TEXANS
Sunday, Oct 27 @ 12:00 PM
Jaguars
Sunday, Nov 3 @ 3:25 PM
LIONS
Sunday, Nov 17 @ 12:00 PM
Bears
Sunday, Nov 24 @ 3:25 PM
49ERS
Thursday, Nov 28 @ 7:20 PM
DOLPHINS
Thursday, Dec 5 @ 7:15 PM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 15 @ 7:20 PM
Seahawks
Monday, Dec 23 @ 7:15 PM
SAINTS
Sunday, Dec 29 @ 12:00 PM
Vikings
Saturday, Jan 4 @ 11:00 PM
BEARS
Recent Topics
3h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

4h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

6h / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

21-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

20-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

20-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

18-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / earthquake

18-Sep / Random Babble / wpr

18-Sep / Around The NFL / Martha Careful

18-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

18-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

17-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

17-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

16-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.