15 years ago
If it has zero influence on the likelihood of him playing, I don't think it needs to be reported. I bet they felt it didn't affect his status so why report it?
UserPostedImage
dfosterf
15 years ago

He has a "cracked rib" right now, Formo.

He probably has Alzheimer's as well, I would bet that's the first time anybody had to put THAT on an NFL injury report.

If I were the Vikes I'd get a Physician's desk Reference and send it to the League Office and have Brett autograph it with the phrase, "One each"

:thumbleft:

"Formo" wrote:

Yeah, like I said.. I liked the last part of Florio's post.

Buuut.. On the other hand.. You think Favre's current 'ailments' are bad enough to affect his play (like his bicept did last year)? I don't think so.. but I could be wrong.

"dfosterf" wrote:

All I am saying is this. A whole heck of alot of Vikings fans have had a great deal of fun photoshopping Brett from a green and gold Brett to a purple Brett these past few months.

I say that at least one Viking fan should do the purple nation a small favor and "purpleize" this:

Purple Nation also got this Brett in the deal 

:thumbleft:

I'm not gonna hold my breath for that one, though. The "conversion" has already transpired... blew past ridiculous , sublimely ridiculous, and the height of hypocrisy weeks ago.
Zero2Cool
15 years ago

I'm crying.

While Florio does come up with some gems (like that last bit).. I hate how he puts the blame on Favre's mouth.

Uhhh.. Dumbass.. The Jets GM'sm mouth got them in trouble. Not Favre.

Get your damn facts straight, you effin' tool.

"Formo" wrote:

lol are you serious? The NFL wasn't evening paying attention to this until Favre made his comments. The Jets GM owned up to it right away. He didn't have much choice, like the article said. Favre blew it open, nothing could be done. If Favre would have kept his ... wait ... are you seriously defending Brett?

What the fuck is wrong with Vikings fans' these days? They whine about Packer fans an their green/gold goggles and now they have Brett goggles up the ass.

"Zero2Cool" wrote:

lol Yes, I'm serious.

So, you are telling me that the NFL had NO clue of Favre's injury.. Even though it's been reported, rumored, spread, buttered, ingested, defecated, and decomposed? The NFL and her officials knew damn right, just like the rest of us.

Only, this time, when asked, Favre said that he probably should have been sitting out, and how he was willing to.

Since that was reported, the media immediately went running and knocking on the Jets door to talk to their officials.

The NFL knew all about the facts, here. The difference was they could no longer IGNORE it.

I just love how, it's always Brett's fault.. When the effin' Jets should have benched him in the first place.

"Formo" wrote:

It's not always Brett's fault. But simple question.

Would there have been fines levied if Brett wouldn't have said anything?

Brett keeps his mouth shut = no fines.
Brett opens his mouth = fines.

How the hell can you not understand that? What did Brett have to gain by opening his mouth? Nothing.

As it was said, Brett burns bridges as fast as he makes them.
Follow this if you can...

Brett - Retires as a Packer.
Brett - Goes on Greta's show and throws the James Campen and management under the bus.
Brett - Unretires.
Brett - Traded to Jets.
Brett - Retires from Jets.
Brett - Wants release from Jets. (hmm whats going on here)
Brett - Gets released from Jets.
Brett - Has surgery.
Brett - Says he can't last a full season, won't unretire.
Brett - Unretires, signs with Vikings, even though all parties said it wouldn't happen and they've moved on.
Brett - With his new team, makes comments about his previous year and costs his former team thousands of dollars.

It's something I've enjoyed about Brett for years, but fact is, he needs to shut up. His mouth is giving him a bad image and now its costing others thousands of dollars.

But of course since you have your nose so far up Brett's hairy flatulent ass you can't hear what's being said from his other set of lips.

(the asshole tone is cuz you're a Vikings fan lol )
UserPostedImage
longtimefan
15 years ago

But of course since you have your nose so far up Brett's hairy flatulent ass you can't hear what's being said from his other set of lips.

"Zero2Cool" wrote:

How you know its hairy?
dfosterf
15 years ago
...And a torn rotator cuff---

Man, I can't even remember them all, he belts out "injuries" faster than a man can keep track.

He said he's playing with a torn rotator cuff and suggested he might have a cracked rib. 
Zero2Cool
15 years ago

"longtimefan" wrote:

How you know its hairy?

"Zero2Cool" wrote:

Formo has a mustache, right?
UserPostedImage
Tezzy
15 years ago

"Zero2Cool" wrote:

I don't buy that, Favre isn't culpable for the NFL deciding whether or not to levy fines. I don't remember Favre scheduling this presser to bring out information about injury related statuses from the previous season. I bet if the GM hadn't come right out and said that he should have put him on the list and followed Mangini with saying they did everything with the proper intent of the rule, no fines would have occurred. That's the way I see it.
On top of every beard grows a man.
"The Bears are shell-shocked... and it's breaking my heart."
Nonstopdrivel
15 years ago
Brett Favre's attempt at integrity in this case rings hollow. If he truly had an issue with this, he should have brought it up last season. Mentioning it now just smacks of spite.
UserPostedImage
longtimefan
15 years ago
What in the hell is so hard to understand?

#1 He knew he was hurting

#2 He even said I could sit if they wanted him too

#3 admitted that he was harming the team

#4 knew the team didnt list his injury

Here are his quotes

not hard to understand? 

"When we finally did an MRI and found out I had a torn biceps last year, I felt like, with about four or five games left, that even though I was making some pretty good throws and some decent plays, I felt like I was doing the team more harm because I was missing on some throws.

I talked with Brian Schottenhemier, talked to Mike Tannenbaum, and my quarterback coach who now is the coordinator for Cleveland, and addressed that with him that I thought maybe I was doing more harm than good.

"They knew I had a torn biceps, which we backed off in practice. I took cortisone shots a couple times to try to relieve the pain. I started pressing. I was real receptive to (sitting).

I am pretty sure that if Brett is being honest and saying he should have sat down..... he knew his injury should have been listed...

The only way he gets a free pass is if the Jets told him we do not have to list you since your going to play..If they didnt tell him that then he shouldnt have went into great detail on a former EMPLOYER on how the lied to people
Formo
15 years ago

I'm crying.

While Florio does come up with some gems (like that last bit).. I hate how he puts the blame on Favre's mouth.

Uhhh.. Dumbass.. The Jets GM'sm mouth got them in trouble. Not Favre.

Get your damn facts straight, you effin' tool.

"Zero2Cool" wrote:

lol are you serious? The NFL wasn't evening paying attention to this until Favre made his comments. The Jets GM owned up to it right away. He didn't have much choice, like the article said. Favre blew it open, nothing could be done. If Favre would have kept his ... wait ... are you seriously defending Brett?

What the fuck is wrong with Vikings fans' these days? They whine about Packer fans an their green/gold goggles and now they have Brett goggles up the ass.

"Formo" wrote:

lol Yes, I'm serious.

So, you are telling me that the NFL had NO clue of Favre's injury.. Even though it's been reported, rumored, spread, buttered, ingested, defecated, and decomposed? The NFL and her officials knew damn right, just like the rest of us.

Only, this time, when asked, Favre said that he probably should have been sitting out, and how he was willing to.

Since that was reported, the media immediately went running and knocking on the Jets door to talk to their officials.

The NFL knew all about the facts, here. The difference was they could no longer IGNORE it.

I just love how, it's always Brett's fault.. When the effin' Jets should have benched him in the first place.

"Zero2Cool" wrote:

It's not always Brett's fault. But simple question.

Would there have been fines levied if Brett wouldn't have said anything?

How the hell can you not understand that? What did Brett have to gain by opening his mouth? Nothing.

As it was said, Brett burns bridges as fast as he makes them.
Follow this if you can...

Brett - Retires as a Packer.
Brett - Goes on Greta's show and throws the James Campen and management under the bus.
Brett - Unretires.
Brett - Traded to Jets.
Brett - Retires from Jets.
Brett - Wants release from Jets. (hmm whats going on here)
Brett - Gets released from Jets.
Brett - Has surgery.
Brett - Says he can't last a full season, won't unretire.
Brett - Unretires, signs with Vikings, even though all parties said it wouldn't happen and they've moved on.
Brett - With his new team, makes comments about his previous year and costs his former team thousands of dollars.

It's something I've enjoyed about Brett for years, but fact is, he needs to shut up. His mouth is giving him a bad image and now its costing others thousands of dollars.

(the asshole tone is cuz you're a Vikings fan lol )

"Formo" wrote:

Yes.. the chances of a fine are probably really low if Brett didn't mention this.

But he didn't seek out the press, called up Bus Cook and said, "Gol'dang Cookie, I feel the need to throw the Jets under the bus, so lets throw up them there notices and git dose reporter guys in 'ere"

While, a few of you are calling him out for doing that.. I'm able to realize that he was answering some questions.
UserPostedImage
Thanks to TheViking88 for the sig!!
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (2h) : rude
Mucky Tundra (2h) : RIP Frank Ragnow
Mucky Tundra (2h) : @E_Woodyard #Lions HC Dan Campbell says they're gonna put Frank Ragnow down this week. "We've got to be smart," Campbell said.
bboystyle (25-Sep) : Favre using the pitty card during that hearing for his criminal acts
Zero2Cool (24-Sep) : Former Packers QB Brett Favre recently announced he was diagnosed with Parkinson's.
Zero2Cool (24-Sep) : The only QBs this season with 0 turnover-worthy plays according to PFF (minimum 30 dropbacks) Aaron Rodgers Malik Willis Justin Fields
Mucky Tundra (23-Sep) : @DavidBearmanPFN · 18h Vegas has watched Will Levis for 3 weeks and installed them as a 1-point favorite in Miami next week. Let that sink
Mucky Tundra (23-Sep) : Martha, they did play much better with Dalton yesterday
Zero2Cool (23-Sep) : Test results on Sam Darnold’s knee showed a knee bruise and no structural damage. He is not expected to miss any time.
Martha Careful (23-Sep) : Not with Dalton apparently
Mucky Tundra (23-Sep) : Not sure what to make of the NFC South so far this season (outside of the Panthers being a dumpster fire)
Mucky Tundra (22-Sep) : of course I say that and then they overturn that play that put them on the 49ers 2 yard line
Mucky Tundra (22-Sep) : *without
Mucky Tundra (22-Sep) : Even with Nacua and Kupp out, Rams looking fiesty on offense
Martha Careful (22-Sep) : Tim Boyle is playing for the Dolphins
Martha Careful (22-Sep) : I love seeing Dallas lose
Mucky Tundra (22-Sep) : The Red Rifle is on fire in Las Vegas! 3 TDs in the first half!
Mucky Tundra (22-Sep) : @mattschneidman · 2m The fire alarm is going off inside the Packers locker room here in Nashville.
Mucky Tundra (22-Sep) : Gonna need a drink after looking at my picks for the early games in Pick'em
Zero2Cool (22-Sep) : James Jones. Y’all must not know, Dr. Mackenzie🤣 he was not going to let Jordan love play today.
Zero2Cool (22-Sep) : Malik to start. Love inactive. Per report. Let's go!!
buckeyepackfan (22-Sep) : I think J-10VE will be inactive, a little twist that could be put in is run a wildcat with Wicks at qb. Have him as emergency qb if needed.
Zero2Cool (21-Sep) : I think that's how it works.
Zero2Cool (21-Sep) : I'd go 3 QB regardless this game.
Zero2Cool (21-Sep) : Clifford was elevated, not activated. He doesn't play, it doesn't count.
hardrocker950 (21-Sep) : If Clifford is active, not likely to see Jordan play this weekend
Mucky Tundra (21-Sep) : QB Sean Clifford and CB Robert Rochell elevated from the PS for the Titans game
Zero2Cool (20-Sep) : Love questionable. Morgan is out. Valentine is doubtful
Martha Careful (20-Sep) : Rodgers and Lazard off to a very strong start
Zero2Cool (19-Sep) : Josh Jacobs. Limited.
Zero2Cool (19-Sep) : Can't find anything on Jacobs :(
wpr (19-Sep) : Do you know if they gave Jacobs an extra day off? I hope so.
Zero2Cool (19-Sep) : WR Jayden Reed (calf) and G Elgton Jenkins (illness/glute) returned after sitting out Wednesday.
Zero2Cool (19-Sep) : Packers are in pads and so is Jordan Love. Second straight day of practice for QB1.
bboystyle (18-Sep) : If Love comes back, we win in a blow out
Zero2Cool (18-Sep) : Jordan Love just spoke with reporters and said he’s giving himself the week but hopeful to play Sunday against the Titans.
Zero2Cool (18-Sep) : Practicing is Jordan Love!
Zero2Cool (18-Sep) : Packers are signing WR Cornelius Johnson to the Practice Squad per sources. Johnson was a 7th round pick this year.
Zero2Cool (17-Sep) : Packers placed RB MarShawn Lloyd on injured reserve.
Zero2Cool (16-Sep) : Rams won’t have Cooper Kupp or Puka Nacua when they host the Packers in Week 5.
Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : Or is that the Rusty Red Rifle because of his age?
Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : The Red Rifle Returns!
Zero2Cool (16-Sep) : Panthers are benching former No. 1 overall pick Bryce Young and starting veteran Andy Dalton beginning this week.
Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : bears still have slim chance here
Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : and there's another one!
Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : oh crap macbob has the Texans K and he keeps hitting these long FGs
Mucky Tundra (15-Sep) : Hope the Texans beat the brakes off the Bears
Zero2Cool (15-Sep) : LaFleur: “I asked Malik why he didn’t throw it on that third down and he told me Josh threw up on the ball.”
Mucky Tundra (15-Sep) : i was wondering why it was just you, me, beast and macbob by the end
Zero2Cool (15-Sep) : Yeah it was weird today for some reason
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2024 Packers Schedule
Friday, Sep 6 @ 7:15 PM
Eagles
Sunday, Sep 15 @ 12:00 PM
COLTS
Sunday, Sep 22 @ 12:00 PM
Titans
Sunday, Sep 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Oct 6 @ 3:25 PM
Rams
Sunday, Oct 13 @ 12:00 PM
CARDINALS
Sunday, Oct 20 @ 12:00 PM
TEXANS
Sunday, Oct 27 @ 12:00 PM
Jaguars
Sunday, Nov 3 @ 3:25 PM
LIONS
Sunday, Nov 17 @ 12:00 PM
Bears
Sunday, Nov 24 @ 3:25 PM
49ERS
Thursday, Nov 28 @ 7:20 PM
DOLPHINS
Thursday, Dec 5 @ 7:15 PM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 15 @ 7:20 PM
Seahawks
Monday, Dec 23 @ 7:15 PM
SAINTS
Sunday, Dec 29 @ 12:00 PM
Vikings
Saturday, Jan 4 @ 11:00 PM
BEARS
Recent Topics
1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

10h / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

25-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Sep / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

25-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

25-Sep / GameDay Threads / wpr

24-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

23-Sep / Around The NFL / Martha Careful

23-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

23-Sep / Featured Content / Zero2Cool

23-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

23-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

23-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

22-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

21-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.