Zero2Cool
a year ago

The four-year contract that cornerback Jaire Alexander signed with the Packers ahead of the 2022 season included a $700,000 workout bonus for this offseason, but Alexander won’t be receiving it.

Alexander is with the team for this week’s mandatory minicamp, but he opted not to report to the team’s voluntary workouts earlier in the offseason. Alexander said on Tuesday that he was comfortable leaving money on the table because he feels he followed the best path to prepare himself for the coming season.

“I know what works for me at this point,” Alexander said, via the team’s website. “I’m on Year Six, two Pro Bowls, two All-Pros, I mean, I think I know what I got going on here.”

Alexander’s history suggests he does know the right way to get himself ready to play and that history will likely leave the Packers content with his approach to the 2023 season as well.

Continue Reading @ Josh Alper 

Josh Alper wrote:

It's called Organized TEAM Activities, not Organized PLAYER Activities. Why these guys don't understand they can help their TEAM by showing up is kind of baffling to me. It seems a little selfish at times or maybe not selfish but self serving. I'm sure Jaire could be helping the other DB's or maybe even WR's to improve. Give them things to study, things to work on before minicamp, training camp, etc.
UserPostedImage
beast
a year ago

It's called Organized TEAM Activities, not Organized PLAYER Activities. Why these guys don't understand they can help their TEAM by showing up is kind of baffling to me. It seems a little selfish at times or maybe not selfish but self serving. I'm sure Jaire could be helping the other DB's or maybe even WR's to improve. Give them things to study, things to work on before minicamp, training camp, etc.

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

They probably do understand they could help the team, but they also understand the reality that they're just a piece of meat to their employers and they're being extremely smart by putting themselves first, because that's exactly what the team will do, put it self first and screw the player when that best fo the team.

Why do fans demand that players bend over backwards for teams, knowing that the teams won't do it for the players (unless it's in the CBA or also in the teams best interest?)

If teams are self serving, fans understand it's a business. But if players are self serving, they're criticize.

Why should any employee do more for a business than that same business would do for that same employee?

The business offered him $700k for optional work, he respectful declined. Yes he could be helping teammates, but that might distract him, making him play worse... and teams will be paying him on how he plays, not on how he prepared his teammates.

In my opinion, if he's doing something different, then the Packers should be reaching out to him and finding out what's different, and why he would turn down $700k for it. And if possible, find out if that different things would help other players and if so, bring that different something to Green Bay to help out all players and get Alexander in the building.

This is on the team, not the player. Alexander is turning down $700k and saying being with my coaches is not what will best prepare me to play for the season. So the Packers system might need to improve.

Of course, we also don't know the something of why Alexander is away. I believe a player on a different team was being criticize for not being at OTAs and he pointed out that he's with the team when he needs to be, otherwise, he's with his daughter. As he can't be with her during the season (Mother takes care of the child all year round).

UserPostedImage
beast
a year ago
https://packerswire.usatoday.com/2023/06/14/jaire-alexander-romeo-doubs-christian-watson-standing-out-in-offseason-workout-program/ 

Alexander might not of shown up for option camp but he is there in Mandatory camp and sounds like Watson and Doubs are giving him some troubles, which they're pushing as the 2nd year WRs have improved.

Alexander suggested Doubs caught nothing on him last year, and he is this year, which made him happy to see the improvement from Doubs.
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
a year ago

https://packerswire.usatoday.com/2023/06/14/jaire-alexander-romeo-doubs-christian-watson-standing-out-in-offseason-workout-program/ 

Alexander might not of shown up for option camp but he is there in Mandatory camp and sounds like Watson and Doubs are giving him some troubles, which they're pushing as the 2nd year WRs have improved.

Alexander suggested Doubs caught nothing on him last year, and he is this year, which made him happy to see the improvement from Doubs.

Originally Posted by: beast 

The whole voluntary camp thing is something I feel the NFL should just do away with. Let it be just the rookies and undrafted guys and maybe year two guys or something. I can't imagine the teams getting a whole lot out of it. It's not like these guys can't talk to one another outside of the OTA's to give one another tips and what not. 

The Jordan Love locker room bit was funny. 

UserPostedImage
beast
a year ago

The whole voluntary camp thing is something I feel the NFL should just do away with. Let it be just the rookies and undrafted guys and maybe year two guys or something. I can't imagine the teams getting a whole lot out of it. It's not like these guys can't talk to one another outside of the OTA's to give one another tips and what not. 

The Jordan Love locker room bit was funny. 

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

🤯 Didn't you start this thread with the idea that they should all be there? Now only the non-Vets?

I have no idea how helpful it is, but probably good for team chemistry, and I think the Packers go about it a fair way. Offering bonuses for showing up, and you don't nessarily have to show up. Though, ironically, I believe due to the CBA, they can't put those off-season workout bonuses in rookie contracts, or if they do, it has to be extra money on top.

That being said, I believe Doug Peterson with the Jaguars has been doing it your way, young guys gotta be there, vets get a pass and don't have to be there.

Why the hell is Alexander wearing a Purple mask?
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
a year ago

🤯 Didn't you start this thread with the idea that they should all be there? Now only the non-Vets?

Originally Posted by: beast 

My comment was in response to what Jaire said, as I clearly indicated. He focused on individual (I got Pro Bowl, I got All-Pro, I know what works for ME), not team.  I believe in the guys doing something together, yes. I don't think it needs to be OTA's. I'm a believer in building rapport with co-workers / teammates. 

Last season when Aaron Rodgers skipped OTA's, so many sports pundits were losing their minds. It didn't bother me, nor do I think it would have mattered much. However, I do believe Aaron Rodgers meeting WR's (other teammates) to shake off that "holy shit IT'S AARON RODGERS" stuff that rookies and young talent might have is beneficial. The sooner your teammates are comfortable AROUND YOU, the more effectively you can be a unit. 

I think there's more value to be had when guys get together with like the trip to Door County with Christian Watson, Jordan Love, AJ Dillon, etc ... I think those type of things are more valuable to the team than OTA's. 

While I'm on my mini-soap box. I think a three day minicamp is less valuable WHEN training camp is over a month away. I think minicamp span seven days. Three days, one day off, three days. And then given some things to work on in the six weeks leading up to training camp.

I say OTA's can be good for rookie or one year veteran guys to get familiar with coaches, locker room, expectations, etc ... kind of like ... what the hell is it called when you go to school a few weeks before hand? Open house? Orientation! That's what it's called ... orientation. I'm not even sure one year veterans need to, but maybe just new to the team? I don't know. 

Although, Jordan Love did say they installed the entire playbook over minicamp so maybe three days is plenty? 🤷‍♂️
UserPostedImage
buckeyepackfan
a year ago
Between Jaire and Rasull, The Packets will be credited 1mil to next year's Salary Cap.

So there's that.

I was addicted to The Hokey Pokey, but I turned myself around!
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (5h) : Former Packers QB Brett Favre recently announced he was diagnosed with Parkinson's.
Zero2Cool (7h) : The only QBs this season with 0 turnover-worthy plays according to PFF (minimum 30 dropbacks) Aaron Rodgers Malik Willis Justin Fields
Mucky Tundra (23-Sep) : @DavidBearmanPFN · 18h Vegas has watched Will Levis for 3 weeks and installed them as a 1-point favorite in Miami next week. Let that sink
Mucky Tundra (23-Sep) : Martha, they did play much better with Dalton yesterday
Zero2Cool (23-Sep) : Test results on Sam Darnold’s knee showed a knee bruise and no structural damage. He is not expected to miss any time.
Martha Careful (23-Sep) : Not with Dalton apparently
Mucky Tundra (23-Sep) : Not sure what to make of the NFC South so far this season (outside of the Panthers being a dumpster fire)
Mucky Tundra (22-Sep) : of course I say that and then they overturn that play that put them on the 49ers 2 yard line
Mucky Tundra (22-Sep) : *without
Mucky Tundra (22-Sep) : Even with Nacua and Kupp out, Rams looking fiesty on offense
Martha Careful (22-Sep) : Tim Boyle is playing for the Dolphins
Martha Careful (22-Sep) : I love seeing Dallas lose
Mucky Tundra (22-Sep) : The Red Rifle is on fire in Las Vegas! 3 TDs in the first half!
Mucky Tundra (22-Sep) : @mattschneidman · 2m The fire alarm is going off inside the Packers locker room here in Nashville.
Mucky Tundra (22-Sep) : Gonna need a drink after looking at my picks for the early games in Pick'em
Zero2Cool (22-Sep) : James Jones. Y’all must not know, Dr. Mackenzie🤣 he was not going to let Jordan love play today.
Zero2Cool (22-Sep) : Malik to start. Love inactive. Per report. Let's go!!
buckeyepackfan (22-Sep) : I think J-10VE will be inactive, a little twist that could be put in is run a wildcat with Wicks at qb. Have him as emergency qb if needed.
Zero2Cool (21-Sep) : I think that's how it works.
Zero2Cool (21-Sep) : I'd go 3 QB regardless this game.
Zero2Cool (21-Sep) : Clifford was elevated, not activated. He doesn't play, it doesn't count.
hardrocker950 (21-Sep) : If Clifford is active, not likely to see Jordan play this weekend
Mucky Tundra (21-Sep) : QB Sean Clifford and CB Robert Rochell elevated from the PS for the Titans game
Zero2Cool (20-Sep) : Love questionable. Morgan is out. Valentine is doubtful
Martha Careful (20-Sep) : Rodgers and Lazard off to a very strong start
Zero2Cool (19-Sep) : Josh Jacobs. Limited.
Zero2Cool (19-Sep) : Can't find anything on Jacobs :(
wpr (19-Sep) : Do you know if they gave Jacobs an extra day off? I hope so.
Zero2Cool (19-Sep) : WR Jayden Reed (calf) and G Elgton Jenkins (illness/glute) returned after sitting out Wednesday.
Zero2Cool (19-Sep) : Packers are in pads and so is Jordan Love. Second straight day of practice for QB1.
bboystyle (18-Sep) : If Love comes back, we win in a blow out
Zero2Cool (18-Sep) : Jordan Love just spoke with reporters and said he’s giving himself the week but hopeful to play Sunday against the Titans.
Zero2Cool (18-Sep) : Practicing is Jordan Love!
Zero2Cool (18-Sep) : Packers are signing WR Cornelius Johnson to the Practice Squad per sources. Johnson was a 7th round pick this year.
Zero2Cool (17-Sep) : Packers placed RB MarShawn Lloyd on injured reserve.
Zero2Cool (16-Sep) : Rams won’t have Cooper Kupp or Puka Nacua when they host the Packers in Week 5.
Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : Or is that the Rusty Red Rifle because of his age?
Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : The Red Rifle Returns!
Zero2Cool (16-Sep) : Panthers are benching former No. 1 overall pick Bryce Young and starting veteran Andy Dalton beginning this week.
Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : bears still have slim chance here
Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : and there's another one!
Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : oh crap macbob has the Texans K and he keeps hitting these long FGs
Mucky Tundra (15-Sep) : Hope the Texans beat the brakes off the Bears
Zero2Cool (15-Sep) : LaFleur: “I asked Malik why he didn’t throw it on that third down and he told me Josh threw up on the ball.”
Mucky Tundra (15-Sep) : i was wondering why it was just you, me, beast and macbob by the end
Zero2Cool (15-Sep) : Yeah it was weird today for some reason
Mucky Tundra (15-Sep) : Oh my, marvin harrison jr might be as good as he was billed out to be
Mucky Tundra (15-Sep) : and none of the chats on my phone are showing up on the desktop chat
Mucky Tundra (15-Sep) : weird, i was on my phone for chat during the game but now on my desktop I look at chat and there's tons of chats i didn't see on my phone
Zero2Cool (15-Sep) : Oh yeah, for sure. That's just not fair thoguh.
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2024 Packers Schedule
Friday, Sep 6 @ 7:15 PM
Eagles
Sunday, Sep 15 @ 12:00 PM
COLTS
Sunday, Sep 22 @ 12:00 PM
Titans
Sunday, Sep 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Oct 6 @ 3:25 PM
Rams
Sunday, Oct 13 @ 12:00 PM
CARDINALS
Sunday, Oct 20 @ 12:00 PM
TEXANS
Sunday, Oct 27 @ 12:00 PM
Jaguars
Sunday, Nov 3 @ 3:25 PM
LIONS
Sunday, Nov 17 @ 12:00 PM
Bears
Sunday, Nov 24 @ 3:25 PM
49ERS
Thursday, Nov 28 @ 7:20 PM
DOLPHINS
Thursday, Dec 5 @ 7:15 PM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 15 @ 7:20 PM
Seahawks
Monday, Dec 23 @ 7:15 PM
SAINTS
Sunday, Dec 29 @ 12:00 PM
Vikings
Saturday, Jan 4 @ 11:00 PM
BEARS
Recent Topics
54m / Green Bay Packers Talk / Cheesey

1h / GameDay Threads / wpr

6h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

20h / Around The NFL / Martha Careful

23-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

23-Sep / Featured Content / Zero2Cool

23-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

23-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

23-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

22-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

21-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

18-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / earthquake

18-Sep / Random Babble / wpr

18-Sep / Around The NFL / Martha Careful

18-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.