Zero2Cool
a year ago

UserPostedImage
PHOENIX -- Aaron Rodgers, he is not. And Green Bay Packers coach Matt LaFleur did his best to remind everyone of that when it comes to Rodgers' replacement, Jordan Love.

Let the transition from Rodgers to Love begin, but LaFleur did so with toned-down expectations for the 2020 first-round pick, who has waited three years to get his shot.
"Certainly, I think we're fooling ourselves if we think he's going to go out there and perform at a level to the likes of an Aaron Rodgers," LaFleur said Tuesday at the NFL's annual meeting. "This guy is a once-in-a-lifetime generational talent, and I don't think it necessarily started that way when he first started. But he progressed into that.

"It's going to be a progression."

Continue Reading @ ESPN 

ESPN wrote:

I've read some people saying how can you be running a future Hall of Famer out the door if you don't have massively high expectations for the guy replacing him?!! 

Aaron Rodgers told Aubrey Marcus that everyone thought he was done in 2019 and said "so did I", so pretty safe to conclude Aaron Rodgers thought he was done. Then Packers drafted his eventual replacement. Ron Wolf said you draft for QB before you need one, right? Many were saying the Packers should have told Rodgers about the drafting of Jordan Love before the pick was made. It's like people forgot we were in the middle of a pandemic at the time. Even with that said, a month or two earlier Brian Gutekunst said if they were was a QB they wanted in round one, they'd take him. I don't know the logistics of their zoom call or whatever they had going on, but I do think the QB coach or OC could have reached out to give Aaron Rodgers a heads up. Would that have made a difference? Probably not, but I do agree it would have been a courtesy that I do think Rodgers deserved.

Rodgers went on a helluva campaign of sorts to disparage the Packers as a franchise. He went on ESPN saying bunch of not nice things. He went unleashed during press conference. And recently Rodgers kept saying he didn't think Packers wanted him back. 

TL;DR → Rodgers is wanting to leave Packers more than the Packers are wanting to oust Rodgers. 

That out of the way, it's absolutely the right thing to say here. Brett Favre wasn't going to be reincarnated in Aaron Rodgers and we can't expect Jordan Love to be Aaron Rodgers. We have to give Jordan time to show us who he is. And after two Super Bowl wins, we'll all forget about that mucky 2023 off-season.
UserPostedImage
nerdmann
a year ago
I expect Matt's offense to be Matt's offense. 👍
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Zero2Cool
a year ago

I expect Matt's offense to be Matt's offense. 👍

Originally Posted by: nerdmann 

If that offense is what we saw with him at Titans ... 😬
UserPostedImage
beast
a year ago

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

All depends on the talent you got... the Titans basically had RBs only weapons after their star TE went down for the season.

Then again, Packers just lost a lot of receivers (TEs and WRs) in FA.... 

Also it seems like any offense that works, Nerd usually says it's LaFleaur's and anything that doesn't help calls as Rodgers offense.
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
a year ago

All depends on the talent you got... the Titans basically had RBs only weapons after their star TE went down for the season.

Then again, Packers just lost a lot of receivers (TEs and WRs) in FA.... 

Also it seems like any offense that works, Nerd usually says it's LaFleaur's and anything that doesn't help calls as Rodgers offense.

Originally Posted by: beast 

I think AJ Brown is probably better than any WR the Packers have currently, although, he was a rookie and Corey Davis was only in his 2nd year. I could accept the debate that 2nd year Watson, Doubs and Toure are better. 
UserPostedImage
beast
a year ago

I think AJ Brown is probably better than any WR the Packers have currently, although, he was a rookie and Corey Davis was only in his 2nd year. I could accept the debate that 2nd year Watson, Doubs and Toure are better. 

​​​​​​AJ Brown might be better, but he's never played for LaFleaur either. Packers hired LaFleaur BEFORE the Titans drafted AJ Brown. 

LaFleaur did have Corey Davis, which is like having Lazard.

LaFleaur's passing yardage in 2018 with the Titans
891 WR Corey Davis
466 WR Taywan Taylor 
400 RB Dion Lewis 
316 WR Tajae Sharp
258 TE Jonnu Smith
225 FB Anthony Firkser

UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
a year ago

​​​​​​AJ Brown might be better, but he's never played for LaFleaur either. Packers hired LaFleaur BEFORE the Titans drafted AJ Brown. 

LaFleaur did have Corey Davis, which is like having Lazard.

LaFleaur's passing yardage in 2018 with the Titans
891 WR Corey Davis
466 WR Taywan Taylor 
400 RB Dion Lewis 
316 WR Tajae Sharp
258 TE Jonnu Smith
225 FB Anthony Firkser 

Originally Posted by: beast 

You're absolutely right. For whatever reason, I was thinking he was there 2019. 
UserPostedImage
nerdmann
a year ago

Minus key injuries. And oh yeah,, NOT Mariotta at QB. 

Matt did NOT say Love won't be as good as Aaron. What he said was, "It's going to be a progression."

In other words, he's gonna get even better than is now. As has been the case over the past three years.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
nerdmann
a year ago
Who's the better QB guru? 
A: Mike McCarthy
B: Matt Le Fleur

Who's system is better?
B: Matt LeFleur

Who has better measurables?
A: Aaron
B: Jordan
nerdmann
a year ago

Who's the better QB guru? 
B: Matt Le Fleur

Who's system is better?
B: Matt LeFleur

Who has better measurables?
A: Aaron
B: Jordan

Originally Posted by: nerdmann 

Who's more willing to show up and work with Matt on his plan of attack? 

[twitter]https://twitter.com/by_JBH/status/1640563166601170944?t=ry-9ceFME5CjbFPvw8g-lA&s=19 [/twitter]

Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (14-Jun) : YOU BROKE IT
buckeyepackfan (14-Jun) : Welcome to "The Dead Zone" may the only Packer News we hear is positive!!
buckeyepackfan (14-Jun) : Trevor Lawrence-5yr 275mil-200mil guaranteed. J-10VE is next.
Mucky Tundra (13-Jun) : @AaronWilson_NFL #Packers have signed first-round pick Jordan Morgan to $14.185 million deal that includes $7.135 million signing bonus
jdlax (11-Jun) : Hahaha hellllllll no, Sunday is king! It's those Thursday night games that hurt
Mucky Tundra (11-Jun) : @AndyHermanNFL Looks like Tucker Kraft is out of the sling. Progress!
Zero2Cool (11-Jun) : That's also my oldests birthday
Zero2Cool (11-Jun) : Thought it was I fucking hate SNF. I went what why it's consistently way better than any other game
Zero2Cool (11-Jun) : Whoa. I read that so wrong before Jared lol
wpr (10-Jun) : that's great jdlax
jdlax (10-Jun) : God I hate the Shithawks
jdlax (10-Jun) : Sunday Night fucking Football
jdlax (10-Jun) : I just got my tickets to represent in Seattle December 15th woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Martha Careful (9-Jun) : I really enjoyed game 1 of the Stanley Cup final. Sergei Bobrovsky G - FL was incredibly good.
Mucky Tundra (4-Jun) : *NFL
Mucky Tundra (4-Jun) : @ByRyanWood Pads or no pads, welcome to the N
Mucky Tundra (4-Jun) : @ByRyanWood Rashan Gary just steamrolled Jordan Morgan on a bull rush. Drove right over him to the ground.
Mucky Tundra (3-Jun) : God and a lot of money brought Reggie to GB
Mucky Tundra (3-Jun) : yep. became the highest paid defensive player in the league and 3rd highest behind Elway and Marino
Zero2Cool (3-Jun) : Packers signed second-round pick Javon Bullard
Zero2Cool (3-Jun) : Reggie White got something like 4 years $17m total right?
buckeyepackfan (3-Jun) : 110mil guaranteed!!!
Zero2Cool (3-Jun) : Justin Jefferson. 4/$140m ??? wow
Mucky Tundra (31-May) : @AndyHermanNFL Sean Rhyan getting some reps at center in walkthroughs. They are rotating guys everywhere.
Mucky Tundra (31-May) : or that might have been an individual drill thing
Mucky Tundra (31-May) : that was from the 29th but I've seen other combs (including Rhyan@C)
Mucky Tundra (31-May) : @ByRyanWood Without Elgton Jenkins and Zach Tom, #Packers starting OL: Rasheed Walker, Jordan Morgan, Josh Myers, Sean Rhyan, Andre Dillard.
Martha Careful (31-May) : I have never seen an OTA, but who is lining up at LT and RG with starters? or is it all individual drills?
Zero2Cool (30-May) : Bears are the first team to be selected for Hard Knocks
dfosterf (29-May) : Andy Herman and his Pack a day podcast put up GB strengths yesterday. This morning he did weaknesses. They are both very good.
Zero2Cool (25-May) : Yes.
beast (24-May) : Does he say what it is?
Zero2Cool (22-May) : Christian Watson believes he has discovered the root cause his soft-tissue leg injuries
Zero2Cool (22-May) : Savage played last half of season with tear in rotator cuff
Zero2Cool (22-May) : SISSIES!!!!
Mucky Tundra (22-May) : Sounds like both Kraft and Tom were injuried before OTAs began
buckeyepackfan (22-May) : Not serious but waiting for strength and conditioning coach referwnces.
buckeyepackfan (22-May) : Tom and Kraft both injured(pectoral muscle),
Zero2Cool (20-May) : I feel similar about person and product/service.
beast (17-May) : Not sure why a players views reflect on GB... instead of simply on the player
Martha Careful (17-May) : I bet some of us have had 6+ mRNA jabs, a UKR flag on our walls, and still think Fauci has a thread of integrity
Zero2Cool (16-May) : From what I've read, it's all Jets , not us.
CanPackFan (16-May) : Will there ever be a time when Rodgers' whacko views will not reflect on GB? He is the past, thank god.
Zero2Cool (16-May) : Jan 4th gonna be rough with that start time lol
Zero2Cool (16-May) : Packers schedule listed. Boom.
buckeyepackfan (15-May) : Let the leaks begin. Colts @ Packers week 2, Vikings @ Packers week 4
Zero2Cool (14-May) : WR Marquez Valdes-Scantling to Bills
Zero2Cool (14-May) : Jets and Aaron Rodgers open up on Monday Night Football,
Zero2Cool (13-May) : $170 guaranteed. This might impact Jordan Love
Zero2Cool (13-May) : Lions are signing QB Jared Goff to a four-year, $212 million extension
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2024 Packers Schedule
Friday, Sep 6 @ 7:15 PM
Eagles
Sunday, Sep 15 @ 12:00 PM
COLTS
Sunday, Sep 22 @ 12:00 PM
Titans
Sunday, Sep 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Oct 6 @ 3:25 PM
Rams
Sunday, Oct 13 @ 12:00 PM
CARDINALS
Sunday, Oct 20 @ 12:00 PM
TEXANS
Sunday, Oct 27 @ 12:00 PM
Jaguars
Sunday, Nov 3 @ 3:25 PM
LIONS
Sunday, Nov 17 @ 12:00 PM
Bears
Sunday, Nov 24 @ 3:25 PM
49ERS
Thursday, Nov 28 @ 7:20 PM
DOLPHINS
Thursday, Dec 5 @ 7:15 PM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 15 @ 7:20 PM
Seahawks
Monday, Dec 23 @ 7:15 PM
SAINTS
Sunday, Dec 29 @ 12:00 PM
Vikings
Saturday, Jan 4 @ 11:00 PM
BEARS
Recent Topics
5h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

5h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

6h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

13-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

12-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

11-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

11-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

9-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

9-Jun / Around The NFL / beast

6-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

4-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

4-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

4-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / earthquake

3-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

2-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.