TengoJuego
15 years ago
Yeah Ray was on Madden 2005.

All of this cover stuff is pure speculation at this point. Theres two different sources saying they have proof and blah blah blah. EA will announce it later this month.
Cheesey
15 years ago

I voted for AP so he can hopefully suffer the curse!

"Stevetarded" wrote:

Me too!!! :thumbleft:
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
15 years ago
Kurt Warner
UserPostedImage
Toddy
15 years ago

Yeah Ray was on Madden 2005.

All of this cover stuff is pure speculation at this point. Theres two different sources saying they have proof and blah blah blah. EA will announce it later this month.

"TengoJuego" wrote:

EA have announced the 4 candidates. Roethlisberger, Brandon Jacobs, Adrian Peterson and Ed Reed.

I think they are going to announce the 'winner' just before or just after the draft.

http://maddennfl.easports.com/cover.action 
TengoJuego
15 years ago
EA also plans on releasing a set of candidates(2) each week up until the draft. So the possibilities will increase with each week revealing different players.

Thats why I'm saying these people are just speculating. I honestly don't care. My concerns are solely on the game itself.
Cheesey
15 years ago
Really, whoever is on the cover doesn't matter.
In real life, there is no "curse".
UserPostedImage
The_Green_Ninja
15 years ago

"Cheesey" wrote:

No, no, and no. The curse is real I say. REAL! :ramboface:
UserPostedImage
Cheesey
15 years ago

"The_Green_Ninja" wrote:

No, no, and no. The curse is real I say. REAL! :ramboface:

"Cheesey" wrote:

I'm SURE it is Ninja..........I just didn't want to SCARE anyone!!!LOLOLOL!!! :thumbleft:
UserPostedImage
Mortfini
15 years ago
im not saying its a curse but its pritty weird how the next season the players on the covers have suffered

Garrison Hearst was the first player to ever be featured on a Madden cover, appearing on Madden NFL 99. Hearst's 1998 season was the best of his career, rushing for 1,570 yards and seven touchdowns. He led the San Francisco 49ers to the playoffs and a wild card win over the Green Bay Packers, but on the first play of the divisional game versus the Atlanta Falcons, he suffered a bad ankle break and his team would go on to lose the game. He did not play again until 2001.

Barry Sanders retired a week prior to training camp.

Eddie George, then of the Tennessee Titans, is the next player who graced the Madden NFL 2001 box. Following his appearance on the cover, he averaged only 3 yards per carry and rushed for career lows of 939 yards and 5 touchdowns due to a nagging toe injury that bothered him the entire season.[citation needed] For the rest of his career, he never averaged more than 3.4 yards per carry.

Former Minnesota Vikings star quarterback Daunte Culpepper appeared on the Madden NFL 2002 cover after throwing for nearly 4,000 yards and 33 touchdowns while rushing for 470 yards and 7 more scores in the 2000 season. However, Culpepper struggled with turnovers in the first 11 games of the 2001 season, throwing 13 interceptions and only 14 touchdown passes. A leg injury ended his season in the 11th game. Since that time he has been traded 1 time and released 2 others, eventually ending up with the 2008 Detroit Lions.

Running back Marshall Faulk of the St. Louis Rams, who was on the Madden NFL 2003 cover, suffered an ankle injury, missing five games. He did amass nearly 1,600 total yards and 10 touchdowns in limited time in 2002; however, it was a steep decline from his 2,000 yard and 21 touchdown campaign of 2001. He never broke through the 1,000 yards rushing mark for the rest of his career. Injuries to both knees ended his career in 2006.

Five days after Madden NFL 2004 was released, which featured Atlanta Falcons quarterback Michael Vick on the cover, he was injured during a preseason game against the Baltimore Ravens, suffering a fractured right fibula. Vick played in only the last 5 regular season games, finishing with just 585 yards passing and 4 touchdowns. His career was put on hold in 2007 when he was convicted of felony dog fighting and sentenced to 23 months in jail.

Madden NFL 2005 featured Ray Lewis of the Baltimore Ravens, the first defensive player ever to appear on the cover of a Madden game. It was Lewis' first season without a single interception, after posting a career-high 6 the previous year. Lewis suffered a serious hand injury during the final game of the regular season.

During the 2005-2006 season, Donovan McNabb suffered a sports hernia, but elected to play until after the November 14th game with the Dallas Cowboys. During this game, McNabb was knocked down after an interception return by Roy Williams, aggravating the injury. He then had to have a season-ending surgery that was required to repair the injury.

Shaun Alexander, who had missed one start in his previous 64 contests, fractured the 4th metatarsal in his foot after he was on the cover. He missed six starts and failed to rush for 1,000 yards for the first time since 2000. He was released by the Seattle Seahawks and has since played in only 4 games as a backup for the Washington Redskins who released him midway through the 2008 season. He has yet to play since.

Vince Young injured his quadriceps during a matchup against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers in week 6 of the 2007 NFL season. Young missed the following week matchup against the Houston Texans, but started the next week against the Oakland Raiders. The following year, Young was benched during the season opener and did not start another game with Kerry Collins becoming the starter for the rest of the 2008 NFL Season.

After being traded from the Green Bay Packers (where he led them to a 13-3 season and a NFC championship game appearance) to the New York Jets, Brett Favre led his new team to an 8-3 start. Favre suffered an injury to his biceps area and subsequently, the Jets lost four out of their last five games, missing the playoffs. He finished the year leading the league in interceptions with 22. He has now retired after 18 seasons.

as for the cover i think it will depend on what new things r in the game if they have focused on the def side of the ball (which they should as its hard to play CB and S also the 3-4 is poorly put in play then for sure they should have Ed reed so for that reason i voted for him
UserPostedImage
Cheesey
15 years ago
It's coincidence that the players that had "great" seasons and were put on the cover tanked after that. There are MANY players that are like that every year, but no one notices them because they were not on the cover.

If Desmond Howard would have been on the cover after our SB 31 win, everyone would have said "the curse!" cause he did NOTHING after that.
But he wasn't on the cover, so no one made a big deal.
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (14-Jun) : YOU BROKE IT
buckeyepackfan (14-Jun) : Welcome to "The Dead Zone" may the only Packer News we hear is positive!!
buckeyepackfan (14-Jun) : Trevor Lawrence-5yr 275mil-200mil guaranteed. J-10VE is next.
Mucky Tundra (13-Jun) : @AaronWilson_NFL #Packers have signed first-round pick Jordan Morgan to $14.185 million deal that includes $7.135 million signing bonus
jdlax (11-Jun) : Hahaha hellllllll no, Sunday is king! It's those Thursday night games that hurt
Mucky Tundra (11-Jun) : @AndyHermanNFL Looks like Tucker Kraft is out of the sling. Progress!
Zero2Cool (11-Jun) : That's also my oldests birthday
Zero2Cool (11-Jun) : Thought it was I fucking hate SNF. I went what why it's consistently way better than any other game
Zero2Cool (11-Jun) : Whoa. I read that so wrong before Jared lol
wpr (10-Jun) : that's great jdlax
jdlax (10-Jun) : God I hate the Shithawks
jdlax (10-Jun) : Sunday Night fucking Football
jdlax (10-Jun) : I just got my tickets to represent in Seattle December 15th woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Martha Careful (9-Jun) : I really enjoyed game 1 of the Stanley Cup final. Sergei Bobrovsky G - FL was incredibly good.
Mucky Tundra (4-Jun) : *NFL
Mucky Tundra (4-Jun) : @ByRyanWood Pads or no pads, welcome to the N
Mucky Tundra (4-Jun) : @ByRyanWood Rashan Gary just steamrolled Jordan Morgan on a bull rush. Drove right over him to the ground.
Mucky Tundra (3-Jun) : God and a lot of money brought Reggie to GB
Mucky Tundra (3-Jun) : yep. became the highest paid defensive player in the league and 3rd highest behind Elway and Marino
Zero2Cool (3-Jun) : Packers signed second-round pick Javon Bullard
Zero2Cool (3-Jun) : Reggie White got something like 4 years $17m total right?
buckeyepackfan (3-Jun) : 110mil guaranteed!!!
Zero2Cool (3-Jun) : Justin Jefferson. 4/$140m ??? wow
Mucky Tundra (31-May) : @AndyHermanNFL Sean Rhyan getting some reps at center in walkthroughs. They are rotating guys everywhere.
Mucky Tundra (31-May) : or that might have been an individual drill thing
Mucky Tundra (31-May) : that was from the 29th but I've seen other combs (including Rhyan@C)
Mucky Tundra (31-May) : @ByRyanWood Without Elgton Jenkins and Zach Tom, #Packers starting OL: Rasheed Walker, Jordan Morgan, Josh Myers, Sean Rhyan, Andre Dillard.
Martha Careful (31-May) : I have never seen an OTA, but who is lining up at LT and RG with starters? or is it all individual drills?
Zero2Cool (30-May) : Bears are the first team to be selected for Hard Knocks
dfosterf (29-May) : Andy Herman and his Pack a day podcast put up GB strengths yesterday. This morning he did weaknesses. They are both very good.
Zero2Cool (25-May) : Yes.
beast (24-May) : Does he say what it is?
Zero2Cool (22-May) : Christian Watson believes he has discovered the root cause his soft-tissue leg injuries
Zero2Cool (22-May) : Savage played last half of season with tear in rotator cuff
Zero2Cool (22-May) : SISSIES!!!!
Mucky Tundra (22-May) : Sounds like both Kraft and Tom were injuried before OTAs began
buckeyepackfan (22-May) : Not serious but waiting for strength and conditioning coach referwnces.
buckeyepackfan (22-May) : Tom and Kraft both injured(pectoral muscle),
Zero2Cool (20-May) : I feel similar about person and product/service.
beast (17-May) : Not sure why a players views reflect on GB... instead of simply on the player
Martha Careful (17-May) : I bet some of us have had 6+ mRNA jabs, a UKR flag on our walls, and still think Fauci has a thread of integrity
Zero2Cool (16-May) : From what I've read, it's all Jets , not us.
CanPackFan (16-May) : Will there ever be a time when Rodgers' whacko views will not reflect on GB? He is the past, thank god.
Zero2Cool (16-May) : Jan 4th gonna be rough with that start time lol
Zero2Cool (16-May) : Packers schedule listed. Boom.
buckeyepackfan (15-May) : Let the leaks begin. Colts @ Packers week 2, Vikings @ Packers week 4
Zero2Cool (14-May) : WR Marquez Valdes-Scantling to Bills
Zero2Cool (14-May) : Jets and Aaron Rodgers open up on Monday Night Football,
Zero2Cool (13-May) : $170 guaranteed. This might impact Jordan Love
Zero2Cool (13-May) : Lions are signing QB Jared Goff to a four-year, $212 million extension
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2024 Packers Schedule
Friday, Sep 6 @ 7:15 PM
Eagles
Sunday, Sep 15 @ 12:00 PM
COLTS
Sunday, Sep 22 @ 12:00 PM
Titans
Sunday, Sep 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Oct 6 @ 3:25 PM
Rams
Sunday, Oct 13 @ 12:00 PM
CARDINALS
Sunday, Oct 20 @ 12:00 PM
TEXANS
Sunday, Oct 27 @ 12:00 PM
Jaguars
Sunday, Nov 3 @ 3:25 PM
LIONS
Sunday, Nov 17 @ 12:00 PM
Bears
Sunday, Nov 24 @ 3:25 PM
49ERS
Thursday, Nov 28 @ 7:20 PM
DOLPHINS
Thursday, Dec 5 @ 7:15 PM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 15 @ 7:20 PM
Seahawks
Monday, Dec 23 @ 7:15 PM
SAINTS
Sunday, Dec 29 @ 12:00 PM
Vikings
Saturday, Jan 4 @ 11:00 PM
BEARS
Recent Topics
16h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

17h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

17h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

13-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

12-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

11-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

11-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

9-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

9-Jun / Around The NFL / beast

6-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

4-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

4-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

4-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / earthquake

3-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

2-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.