uffda udfa
7 years ago
Gotta believe McCray and Patrick are on thin ice as well as Lenzy Pipkins. Those 3 are all in danger of being shuttled out the door after we potentially claim some guys. Heck, Ringo may not be safe either if we were looking for help on the DL. He was last in so he'll be first out if we find someone.

Who is coming? Post your rumors and desires. Any guys who might have trade value?

I'm watching Seattle's cuts. I gotta think Rubin and Desir have some appeal to us. There has to be some OL out there we're interested in. Bears cut one that a friend of mine who writes on them was surprised to see. Bears have a very good OL so one of their cuts is intriguing.

Vogel, Goode and Crosby look set so no drama there for the first time in awhile.

Still think Mays and Cobb are possibilities for trade action. although, confidence is low on RC18. Curious to see what Eagles do at RB.
UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

steveishere
7 years ago
I think McCray and Patrick are just being saved in case they can't find anyone they like to bring in after waivers go through.
beast
7 years ago

Who is coming? Post your rumors and desires.

Originally Posted by: uffda udfa 

I heard a rumor that OLB Ahmad Brooks is coming 😂

I don't think Patrick is on thin ice, I thought he earned his spot... and some thought he played well enough last year to get a spot (I didn't) but he had a cast on his hand and still played surprisingly well.

Ringo has physical limitations, but he's not bad at pass rushing and that's important.

I'm watching Seattle's cuts. I gotta think Rubin and Desir have some appeal to us. There has to be some OL out there we're interested in. Bears cut one that a friend of mine who writes on them was surprised to see. Bears have a very good OL so one of their cuts is intriguing.

Still think Mays and Cobb are possibilities for trade action. although, confidence is low on RC18. Curious to see what Eagles do at RB.

I SERIOUSLY think you're overrating them... Rubin had little interest when he went to Seattle and has only gotten older/worse since. Desir has been cut by 3 teams in the last year.

Who is the Bears OL was surprised to see?

Cobb has big contract and low numbers... that's normally not good for trade actions especially with a GM that has said he doesn't like trading away players based on how it effect players in the locker room.

Mays could be traded... but I hope not... I still think he has the highest ceiling (and lowest floor) of the RBs that they drafted.
UserPostedImage
uffda udfa
7 years ago
Will Poehls was the G that my buddy was surprised to see be let go as he thought he played well in the pre season. The guy is 6'8 344lbs out of Montana...a true Grizzly Bear! He was close in Tennessee a few years ago and Bears had him on their PS squad previously. Sounds like the PERFECT utility lineman for us can play both T spots and G, something Spriggs CAN'T do!...

From Titans.com:
PRO: The Titans signed Will Poehls as a rookie free agent on May 16, 2014 to provide competition at the offensive tackle position. The 6-foot-8-inch, 334-pounder is a physical lineman who is capable of playing both tackle spots. The Montana product spent the entirety of his first two campaigns on the Titans’ practice squad.

I am overrating the Hawks cuts but we're desperate so I think both of those guys are potentials.
UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

beast
7 years ago

Who is coming? Post your rumors and desires. Any guys who might have trade value?

I correctly predicted 51 of the 53 on the roster. The two spots I got wrong were C/OG McCray and CB Pipkins.

C/OG McCray makes sense because you need a back-up Center, and currently Barclay is dealing with an ankle injury (it's ankle right?) and potentially could be IRed and/or take a number of weeks to fully heal. While Patrick got a concussion and I haven't read that he's clear of it (yet). So they needed a back-up Center, at least until one of those guys heal.

CB Pipkins makes less sense to me. Yes he's show potential and might of been able to sneak into one of the last spots but there are currently 7 CBs. The last time I remember the Packers kept 7 CBs was in 2012 when they kept CB Brandian Ross for all of one week, before releasing him as LB Erik Walden suspension was lifted. But the Packers have an injury prone OLB group and OLB Gilbert looked fairly good and might be close to the last spots too... and I thought it'd go to Gilbert.

This is 100% completely speculation, but I have been wondering if there might be a trade in the works for Gunter... some teams prefer those long arms guys. Of course, it could be the simply answer of Pipkins simply graded out among the top 53.
UserPostedImage
uffda udfa
7 years ago
Here's our new C, I hope, unless he has a medical issue...

UserPostedImage

Users browsing this topic
    Fan Shout
    Zero2Cool (13h) : Virginia head coach Tony Bennett is retiring
    beast (16h) : 9 years in Denver, so he should be used to some snow
    Zero2Cool (17h) : 1 of 2 on extra point, 1/1 on FG
    Zero2Cool (17h) : That date is the bestest date ever
    dfosterf (17h) : September 22 2019
    Zero2Cool (18h) : Has McManus kicked at Lambeau Field?
    buckeyepackfan (19h) : Didn't think I would have to explain that. Well known Lambeau is a different animal when it comes to kicking fg's
    buckeyepackfan (19h) : Narveson NEVER KICKED AT LAMBEAU until he was signed.
    packerfanoutwest (17-Oct) : that
    packerfanoutwest (17-Oct) : who is this rookie thag never kicked in Lambeau? Pray/Tell!
    Zero2Cool (16-Oct) : New kicker is pretty damn good under 49
    buckeyepackfan (16-Oct) : Gute replaces a rookie K with a veteran career 81% veteran. Neither ever kicked at Lambeau. I guess it's an upgrade.
    buckeyepackfan (16-Oct) : Gute rei
    Zero2Cool (16-Oct) : 10 was taken. 8 was taken.
    Zero2Cool (16-Oct) : And they are correct.
    beast (16-Oct) : Packers.com has McManus as jersey #17
    Zero2Cool (16-Oct) : Packers sign K Brandon McManus, release K Brayden Narveson
    beast (16-Oct) : I think they should have left gold in the helmet, like a gold circle around the G logo and gold stripe down the middle
    Zero2Cool (16-Oct) : the whit ehelmets make it worserest
    beast (16-Oct) : Is the warning about winter or warning about how ugly the uniforms are?
    packerfanoutwest (16-Oct) : Winter Warning Whites are being worn this Sunday
    Mucky Tundra (15-Oct) : MVS released by the Bills
    Zero2Cool (15-Oct) : We have new kicker
    beast (15-Oct) : Patriots sign Packers PS C/OG away, and Packers sign a FA OT to the PS
    Zero2Cool (15-Oct) : Veteran K Brandon McManus worked out for the Packers
    Mucky Tundra (15-Oct) : Does that mean we can get him out of the broadcast booth?
    Zero2Cool (15-Oct) : Tom Brady has been approved by NFL owners to become a limited partner of the Las Vegas Raiders
    Martha Careful (15-Oct) : happy birthday Packershome. Thanks for building and managing the site.
    Mucky Tundra (15-Oct) : Getting traded from the Browns as they are currently must feel like being on the last copter out of Saigon
    Zero2Cool (15-Oct) : Browns trading WR Amari Cooper to Bills
    Zero2Cool (15-Oct) : Raiders HC said he might hit the field Week 8. Maye he meant DIFFERENT team field haha
    Zero2Cool (15-Oct) : There was a report his hamstring was better several days ago
    Zero2Cool (15-Oct) : Jets trying to trade WR Mike Williams
    Mucky Tundra (15-Oct) : Adams hamstring got better in a hurry
    Zero2Cool (15-Oct) : NFL’s Troy Vincent says that returned kickoffs are at 32%, up from 17% last year.
    beast (15-Oct) : 49ers have had two kickers get injured in one week while attempting tackles, first a sprain ankle, second shoulder popped out
    Zero2Cool (15-Oct) : 49ers are signing former Packers K Anders Carlson to their practice squad
    Zero2Cool (15-Oct) : Davante Adams is ALREADY in the #Jets building following the trade news that just broke, per @DMRussini
    wpr (15-Oct) : Thanks beast.
    Zero2Cool (15-Oct) : Jets land Davante for 3rd that could be 2nd.
    Zero2Cool (15-Oct) : I really thought they could pull off the upset. I was really wrong lol
    beast (15-Oct) : Not our fault that you were the only one to pick Washington
    Zero2Cool (15-Oct) : Cheaters
    beast (15-Oct) : Congratulations to beast, macbob and wpr for getting lucky and going 14-0 in pick'em this week!
    beast (15-Oct) : Congratulations to beast, macbob and wpr for getting lucky and going 14-0 in pick'em this week!
    packerfanoutwest (15-Oct) : another Hail Mary for that bastard
    beast (14-Oct) : If Josh Myers is going to miss a lot of time, I'd like the Pack to reach out to the Jags and see how much to get C Mitch Morse
    beast (14-Oct) : Texans get one DL back from suspension, but a different one, a starter get a 4 game suspension
    wpr (14-Oct) : Love is 2nd in passing TDs. Mayfield 15. Burrow and Love 12.
    Zero2Cool (14-Oct) : Love tied for Passing TD's?
    Please sign in to use Fan Shout
    2024 Packers Schedule
    Friday, Sep 6 @ 7:15 PM
    Eagles
    Sunday, Sep 15 @ 12:00 PM
    COLTS
    Sunday, Sep 22 @ 12:00 PM
    Titans
    Sunday, Sep 29 @ 12:00 PM
    VIKINGS
    Sunday, Oct 6 @ 3:25 PM
    Rams
    Sunday, Oct 13 @ 12:00 PM
    CARDINALS
    Sunday, Oct 20 @ 12:00 PM
    TEXANS
    Sunday, Oct 27 @ 12:00 PM
    Jaguars
    Sunday, Nov 3 @ 3:25 PM
    LIONS
    Sunday, Nov 17 @ 12:00 PM
    Bears
    Sunday, Nov 24 @ 3:25 PM
    49ERS
    Thursday, Nov 28 @ 7:20 PM
    DOLPHINS
    Thursday, Dec 5 @ 7:15 PM
    Lions
    Sunday, Dec 15 @ 7:20 PM
    Seahawks
    Monday, Dec 23 @ 7:15 PM
    SAINTS
    Sunday, Dec 29 @ 12:00 PM
    Vikings
    Saturday, Jan 4 @ 11:00 PM
    BEARS
    Recent Topics
    12h / Random Babble / buckeyepackfan

19h / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

17-Oct / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

16-Oct / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

16-Oct / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

16-Oct / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

16-Oct / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

15-Oct / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

15-Oct / Announcements / wpr

15-Oct / Around The NFL / Mucky Tundra

14-Oct / GameDay Threads / wpr

14-Oct / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

Headlines
    Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.