uffda udfa
7 years ago

No you have completely failed at proving Bulaga was a failed pick and even admitted you were wrong.

You changed the debate to because teams don't draft RTs in the 1st round and I owned your ass on that point...

You then changed to they drafted him to only play LT... which doesn't matter in the slightest even if they did....

The Packers draft players to play at a high level period... they've had a lot of faulires, Bulaga clearly isn't one of them, so back to the orginial point is that Bulaga isn't a failure.

And you change the debate again like you always do when you are getting beat in a debate.

Originally Posted by: beast 

You said to me if I proved Bulaga was taken to be our LT that my point was on the mark. I did just that and then you continued saying I was off the mark. Shocker.

Hard to debate with someone who doesn't understand the debate in the first place. IE: You

The debate isn't whether Bulaga is a good player. It's about the mindset of this team when he was drafted. Flawed and wrong.

UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

beast
7 years ago

Hard to debate with someone who doesn't understand the debate in the first place. IE: You

The debate isn't whether Bulaga is a good player. It's about the mindset of this team when he was drafted. Flawed and wrong.

Originally Posted by: uffda udfa 

You just proved that you are changing the debate subject from when we started and don't know what your talking about because below is your very own words on what everyone is debating ...

Bulaga definitely a wasted 1st round pick.

Your own words... once you were clearly proven wrong you changed the debate, because it's clear to every one that Bulaga was not a wasted 1st round pick.

UserPostedImage
uffda udfa
7 years ago

You just proved that you are changing the debate subject from when we started and don't know what your talking about because below is your very own words on what everyone is debating ...

Your own words... once you were clearly proven wrong you changed the debate, because it's clear to every one that Bulaga was not a wasted 1st round pick.

Originally Posted by: beast 

He absolutely WAS for what he was drafted to be...a LEFT TACKLE. Do you see him playing LEFT TACKLE for us?

You pull this out, NOW? A few posts back you're saying my logic rises and falls on whether I can prove he was drafted to play LT. I did just that... now...this? Same old mentality.

Nobody proved me wrong here. Certainly not you. We spent ANOTHER 1st round pick on the LT position in Sherrod because Bulaga couldn't play LT!!!!! So, YES, YES, YES, Bulaga was a wasted 1st round pick. He would NEVER have been picked in Round 1 to play RT. We wasted our precious 1st round draft slot for a RT? Go ahead and tell me all the RT's we've drafted in Round 1?

I'm sure you do this to screw with me because you have to understand WHY it was a wasted pick... BB CAN'T PLAY LT and cost us ANOTHER 1st rounder in Sherrod because he couldn't. 2 first round picks to get a RT? That is absolutely HORRIBLE drafting. Are you going to say it isn't? Let's see it in reply. Tell me how wonderful it was that we got Bulaga out of two attempts at a LT the second of which was because Bulaga couldn't play it. Myopic. No big picture ability. None.

UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

beast
7 years ago

He absolutely WAS for what he was drafted to be...a LEFT TACKLE. Do you see him playing LEFT TACKLE for us? You pull this out, NOW? A few posts back you're saying my logic rises and falls on whether I can prove he was drafted to play LT. I did just that... now...this? Same old mentality.

Yes a mentality for facts... not your drawn conclusions.

He would NEVER have been picked in Round 1 to play RT.

Perfect example of your drawn conclusion. The Packers had two aging OTs and drafted two OL in the first round and neither of them could be for RT? WHY? BECAUSE THAT DOESN'T FIT YOUR PERSONAL VIEWS... which proves you have lost your objectivity in this subject matter.

No big picture ability. None.

Your the one that can't limiting your picture by assuming we couldn't draft two OTs, one for each side. NO, they must both be LTs...

Reality is there was two aging OTs, and an open starting G spot... the Packers probably don't care where anyone plays as long as they play very well for the Packers. That's a hell lot more likely then you drawing multiple iffy conclusions.
UserPostedImage
uffda udfa
7 years ago
No question you're a great fan of this team. Ever think that maybe this org makes a lot of mistakes? I do. I've been watching for nearly 40 years and have seen my team play in 3 Super Bowls. There is a reason for that. This org doesn't always get it right.

Packers did care where Bulaga played. They used their 1st rounder on what they hoped would be their LT of the future. They were wrong but ended up with a nice RT.

Reality is we didn't draft BB and DS for anything other than LT. Sherrod was a bigger failure than Bulaga. Once BB showed he could play RT, the hope was Sherrod would be the LT BB wasn't.

If Damarious Randall switches to S because he failed at CB and does a nice job was the pick successful across the board or a failure because he couldn't play CB and we had to use another 1st on King? I'd be thrilled to get anything out of Randall at this point but if continues failing at CB it was another wasted pick for where and why he was drafted and it will have cost us another 1st because he couldn't get it done.

I know none of this makes sense to you but I wanted to try one last time.
UserPostedImage

beast
7 years ago

No question you're a great fan of this team. Ever think that maybe this org makes a lot of mistakes? I do.

Barfarn already went over this with you, but clearly you can't learn from others

[Face Palm] are you freaking kidding me?

Most draft picks dont make it, either thru injury or transitioning to pros. If you declare every GB draft pick a bust, you'll be right more often than wrong.

But, when when you are unequivocally wrong, like saying Ted effed-up drafting Bulaga, look what you do to protect your "track record:" you conjure up an asinine basis to opine that Bulaga was a bad pick. Of course if you keep score like this you will remain a legend in your own mind.

Fact is you've never been right about any player; because you use irrelevant to tangential bullshit things to establish your opinion. This renders your opinion nothing more than a lucky guess. If you took the time to learn how to really evaluate players, Ted and Mike wouldn't look like such morons.

Originally Posted by: Barfarn 

I know none of this makes sense to you but I wanted to try one last time.

No it makes sense, you truly believe your own bullshit...
UserPostedImage
isocleas2
7 years ago
They say when trying to change someone's mind who has been indoctrinated and has clearly bought into the idealogy, facts and logic rarely have much meaning to them. Well Thompson could go draft 5 all-pro players next year and Uffda would find a way to undermine it, Thompson will always be the devil to him. 😝

steveishere
7 years ago
If Randall became a top 5 safety he'd definitely be a good pick. What's the obsession over specific positions. Is the player good or not? GB drafted an offensive lineman in the first round and got a top 5 RT, that's a win.
Barfarn
7 years ago

They say when trying to change someone's mind who has been indoctrinated and has clearly bought into the idealogy, facts and logic rarely have much meaning to them. Well Thompson could go draft 5 all-pro players next year and Uffda would find a way to undermine it, Thompson will always be the devil to him. 😝

Originally Posted by: isocleas2 

True, but you can also try to use one's own corollary against them 😂:

Ball 1: Sitton had to go. He was a racial powder keg. I suspect if a Packer decided to protest national anthem, the team was gonna get ripped apart.

Ball 2: Lang: 9.5M per for 3 years for a G is fiscally irresponsible unless a HOFer; for a 30 YO G of Lang’s quality is outright stupid.

Ball 3: Tretter: out of 64 games was available for 28. Showed he was unable to start more than 7 straight games. Even more important as he accumulated those bumps and bruises in games 6 and 7 before going down his performance slipped. By week 4 there is no such thing as a healthy OLman; the question is whether their injuries are so severe they make the unavailable. JCT could never play up to Lang or Sitton’s level unless he was 100% healthy, which is impossible.
He’s good, but it’s ridiculously fiscally irresponsible to pay him starter money.

First Strike: drafting of Bulaga, Ted hits fastball down the middle and laces the 3-0 pitch into the seats. There is no doubt Bulaga can be a solid LT, he might even be better at LT than RT, he was better on left side at Iowa. But, assuming he isn't a LT, part of the art of drafting is knowing there is an alternate position for a player. And Sherrod was a great pick until his knee was shattered!

Change on the OL is simply a reality in today's game:

IN 2016 Ne had 3 new starters and 1 playing a different position on OL from 2015 and they won SB.

This year: GB 1 new starter, 2 if Bulaga can’t go.

Lions 4 new starters on OL, 1 due to injury.

Dallas: 2 new starters on OL

Seattle: 3 new starters on OL, one due to injury; another changing positions.

AZ: 2 new starters on OL; one changing positions.

Atlanta: 1 new starter on OL; they guy they signed to replace the retired Chester, retired; now a converted DL guy looks to be the starter. They had one opening and didnt' have a Taylor; nor could they sign Evans, who knows that team very well.
uffda udfa
7 years ago

If Randall became a top 5 safety he'd definitely be a good pick. What's the obsession over specific positions. Is the player good or not? GB drafted an offensive lineman in the first round and got a top 5 RT, that's a win.

Originally Posted by: steveishere 

The obsession is.... had Randall been a top 5 CB, or even Rollins then Kevin King isn't drafted. If King busts, then we have two 1st rounders (and likely a 2nd...plus another lost 2nd in Hayward) and no CB. We already have Dix, Burnett and Brice. If Randall becomes a Top 5 safety, yes, that would be outstanding! However, we'd be years down the road with no shutdown CB and if we continue losing playoff games because we can't stop anyone, I would say that's quite the major issue, despite getting Top 5 safety play out of him. What if we'd taken Reuben Foster and he goes on to a Ray Lewis like career? Still, no issue that Randall flamed out at CB?

So, in summation... If Randall does bust at CB, and Rollins and King do as well, that is 3 very high picks plus another in Hayward for 4 high picks used on CB for no reliable cornerback. That isn't an issue to you if Randall goes on to be a Top 5 S? Randall's selection is not solely in the vacuum of how he plays at another position he wasn't drafted for, it has to be looked at for why he was drafted and what happened because he flamed out at CB. Randall doesn't fail in a vacuum...there's consequences. Just like when Bulaga wasn't good enough to be LT, we had to suffer through Marshall Newhouse. A affects B and B affects C and so on. A lot of moving parts with how Randall turns out. It's quite likely he busts out and we don't get the rebound Bulaga effect on his selection. I honestly don't understand how people don't get that Bulaga not being able to play LT, which is what he was drafted to do, had a dramatic effect on this franchise in the following years. Had to draft Sherrod, who failed, and you're years down the road starting over trying to find a RT because Bulaga wasn't the guy you thought he was and cost you another 1st rounder in Sherrod. People actually brag about what a great selection Bulaga was and that just is unbelievable to me due to all the ancillary issues his failure at LT caused this franchise.

EDIT: Barfarn...Sherrod's early returns were disastrous at every position he played. Bulaga wasn't good for us when he actually played LT so how can you say, now, he'd possibly be better at LT than RT?
UserPostedImage

Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (2h) : rude
Mucky Tundra (2h) : RIP Frank Ragnow
Mucky Tundra (2h) : @E_Woodyard #Lions HC Dan Campbell says they're gonna put Frank Ragnow down this week. "We've got to be smart," Campbell said.
bboystyle (25-Sep) : Favre using the pitty card during that hearing for his criminal acts
Zero2Cool (24-Sep) : Former Packers QB Brett Favre recently announced he was diagnosed with Parkinson's.
Zero2Cool (24-Sep) : The only QBs this season with 0 turnover-worthy plays according to PFF (minimum 30 dropbacks) Aaron Rodgers Malik Willis Justin Fields
Mucky Tundra (23-Sep) : @DavidBearmanPFN · 18h Vegas has watched Will Levis for 3 weeks and installed them as a 1-point favorite in Miami next week. Let that sink
Mucky Tundra (23-Sep) : Martha, they did play much better with Dalton yesterday
Zero2Cool (23-Sep) : Test results on Sam Darnold’s knee showed a knee bruise and no structural damage. He is not expected to miss any time.
Martha Careful (23-Sep) : Not with Dalton apparently
Mucky Tundra (23-Sep) : Not sure what to make of the NFC South so far this season (outside of the Panthers being a dumpster fire)
Mucky Tundra (22-Sep) : of course I say that and then they overturn that play that put them on the 49ers 2 yard line
Mucky Tundra (22-Sep) : *without
Mucky Tundra (22-Sep) : Even with Nacua and Kupp out, Rams looking fiesty on offense
Martha Careful (22-Sep) : Tim Boyle is playing for the Dolphins
Martha Careful (22-Sep) : I love seeing Dallas lose
Mucky Tundra (22-Sep) : The Red Rifle is on fire in Las Vegas! 3 TDs in the first half!
Mucky Tundra (22-Sep) : @mattschneidman · 2m The fire alarm is going off inside the Packers locker room here in Nashville.
Mucky Tundra (22-Sep) : Gonna need a drink after looking at my picks for the early games in Pick'em
Zero2Cool (22-Sep) : James Jones. Y’all must not know, Dr. Mackenzie🤣 he was not going to let Jordan love play today.
Zero2Cool (22-Sep) : Malik to start. Love inactive. Per report. Let's go!!
buckeyepackfan (22-Sep) : I think J-10VE will be inactive, a little twist that could be put in is run a wildcat with Wicks at qb. Have him as emergency qb if needed.
Zero2Cool (21-Sep) : I think that's how it works.
Zero2Cool (21-Sep) : I'd go 3 QB regardless this game.
Zero2Cool (21-Sep) : Clifford was elevated, not activated. He doesn't play, it doesn't count.
hardrocker950 (21-Sep) : If Clifford is active, not likely to see Jordan play this weekend
Mucky Tundra (21-Sep) : QB Sean Clifford and CB Robert Rochell elevated from the PS for the Titans game
Zero2Cool (20-Sep) : Love questionable. Morgan is out. Valentine is doubtful
Martha Careful (20-Sep) : Rodgers and Lazard off to a very strong start
Zero2Cool (19-Sep) : Josh Jacobs. Limited.
Zero2Cool (19-Sep) : Can't find anything on Jacobs :(
wpr (19-Sep) : Do you know if they gave Jacobs an extra day off? I hope so.
Zero2Cool (19-Sep) : WR Jayden Reed (calf) and G Elgton Jenkins (illness/glute) returned after sitting out Wednesday.
Zero2Cool (19-Sep) : Packers are in pads and so is Jordan Love. Second straight day of practice for QB1.
bboystyle (18-Sep) : If Love comes back, we win in a blow out
Zero2Cool (18-Sep) : Jordan Love just spoke with reporters and said he’s giving himself the week but hopeful to play Sunday against the Titans.
Zero2Cool (18-Sep) : Practicing is Jordan Love!
Zero2Cool (18-Sep) : Packers are signing WR Cornelius Johnson to the Practice Squad per sources. Johnson was a 7th round pick this year.
Zero2Cool (17-Sep) : Packers placed RB MarShawn Lloyd on injured reserve.
Zero2Cool (16-Sep) : Rams won’t have Cooper Kupp or Puka Nacua when they host the Packers in Week 5.
Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : Or is that the Rusty Red Rifle because of his age?
Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : The Red Rifle Returns!
Zero2Cool (16-Sep) : Panthers are benching former No. 1 overall pick Bryce Young and starting veteran Andy Dalton beginning this week.
Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : bears still have slim chance here
Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : and there's another one!
Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : oh crap macbob has the Texans K and he keeps hitting these long FGs
Mucky Tundra (15-Sep) : Hope the Texans beat the brakes off the Bears
Zero2Cool (15-Sep) : LaFleur: “I asked Malik why he didn’t throw it on that third down and he told me Josh threw up on the ball.”
Mucky Tundra (15-Sep) : i was wondering why it was just you, me, beast and macbob by the end
Zero2Cool (15-Sep) : Yeah it was weird today for some reason
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2024 Packers Schedule
Friday, Sep 6 @ 7:15 PM
Eagles
Sunday, Sep 15 @ 12:00 PM
COLTS
Sunday, Sep 22 @ 12:00 PM
Titans
Sunday, Sep 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Oct 6 @ 3:25 PM
Rams
Sunday, Oct 13 @ 12:00 PM
CARDINALS
Sunday, Oct 20 @ 12:00 PM
TEXANS
Sunday, Oct 27 @ 12:00 PM
Jaguars
Sunday, Nov 3 @ 3:25 PM
LIONS
Sunday, Nov 17 @ 12:00 PM
Bears
Sunday, Nov 24 @ 3:25 PM
49ERS
Thursday, Nov 28 @ 7:20 PM
DOLPHINS
Thursday, Dec 5 @ 7:15 PM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 15 @ 7:20 PM
Seahawks
Monday, Dec 23 @ 7:15 PM
SAINTS
Sunday, Dec 29 @ 12:00 PM
Vikings
Saturday, Jan 4 @ 11:00 PM
BEARS
Recent Topics
1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

10h / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

25-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Sep / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

25-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

25-Sep / GameDay Threads / wpr

24-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

23-Sep / Around The NFL / Martha Careful

23-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

23-Sep / Featured Content / Zero2Cool

23-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

23-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

23-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

22-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

21-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.