uffda udfa
9 years ago

When I said Aaron seems to speak about players with precision, this supports that. Also shows he's not as bias as some falsely claim him to be. I highlighted a little portion that I think we uninformed fans should heed notice of. Let's keep an eye on this Adams kid!

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

I hope he's right...this time.

UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

greengold
9 years ago

No, sir. I have explained to you the differences. I suggest you look up "nuanced" in the dictionary.

Originally Posted by: uffda udfa 

No sir. A month or so ago you were spinning some Aaron Rodgers quote and claiming it meant he didn't support Ted Thompson or draft & develop. As I remember you put a lot of effort into trying to convince us that the really smart Aaron Rodgers agrees with you about what a bum Ted Thompson is. Now when he talks up Davante Adams and there is no way to spin what he said, Aaron clearly doesn't know what he is talking about.

Aaron most certainly does NOT believe in TT...where did that come from? Fantasy land?

You really don't follow this team all that closely to make ridiculous statements like Aaron has the utmost faith in TT. Utter garbage.

You clearly don't understand, K Aaron Rodgers is not in any way shape or former in favor of TT's approach.

uffda udfa
9 years ago

No sir. A month or so ago you were spinning some Aaron Rodgers quote and claiming it meant he didn't support Ted Thompson or draft & develop. As I remember you put a lot of effort into trying to convince us that the really smart Aaron Rodgers agrees with you about what a bum Ted Thompson is. Now when he talks up Davante Adams and there is no way to spin what he said, Aaron clearly doesn't know what he is talking about.

Originally Posted by: greengold 

You really don't understand do you? If Rodgers is going to talk "negatively" about someone or something that is probably a very accurate depiction of what he thinks as well as the fact he is recapping not talking about the present or future which I elucidated as being totally different things as to whether it should be believed.

Rodgers talked up Jermichael as being one of the ALL TIME GREATS at TE. He talked up Harris as "Special" and smiled widely on SNF regarding what he thought of Harris. James Jones joined the refrain on Harris saying he was like Barry freaking Sanders. Harris is gone...a fart in the wind after all that gushing from Rodgers and James Jones. All that talk proved to be irrelevant and wrong.

Now, we have this play out with Davante Adams and it's rock solid... Rodgers knows what we don't know. I said...I hope he's right this time because he spouts a lot of stuff that is dead wrong.
UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

greengold
9 years ago

You really don't understand do you? If Rodgers is going to talk "negatively" about someone or something that is probably a very accurate depiction of what he thinks. The converse is not true, however, and I mentioned this in a previous post.

Rodgers talked up Jermichael as being one of the ALL TIME GREATS at TE. He talked up Harris as "Special" and smiled widely on SNF regarding what he thought of Harris. James Jones joined the refrain on Harris saying he was like Barry freaking Sanders. Harris is gone...a fart in the wind after all that gushing from Rodgers and James Jones. All that talk proved to be irrelevant and wrong.

Now, we have this play out with Davante Adams and it's rock solid... Rodgers knows what we don't know. I said...I hope he's right this time because he spouts a lot of stuff that is dead wrong.

And if Finley hadn't gotten injured he could have become one of the greats. I doubt it, but you would claim it was "unknowable" if it supported your position. There was nothing wrong with Harris, he left in free agency. What about Ruvell Martin? Wasn't Rodgers wrong about him being good enough to play somewhere if not here that year? He only played in the league for 7 more years.

It seems you only claim Rodgers doesn't know what he is talking about when he disagrees with you.

uffda udfa
9 years ago

And if Finley hadn't gotten injured he could have become one of the greats. I doubt it, but you would claim it was "unknowable" if it supported your position. There was nothing wrong with Harris, he left in free agency. What about Ruvell Martin? Wasn't Rodgers wrong about him being good enough to play somewhere if not here that year? He only played in the league for 7 more years.

It seems you only claim Rodgers doesn't know what he is talking about when he disagrees with you.

I spent years in sports media listening very carefully to athletes and coaches. It's ALL the same...ALL garbage almost all the time.

What you don't understand is a player or coach rarely will ever say anything "negative" and when they do even if it's very veiled it's incredibly relevant. On the other hand, players and coaches are CONSTANTLY talking up players...that's what they do. It happens in every NFL city and every city with any major pro sports team. Heck, college, too.

Davante is now a very important part of what we're doing. He's our 3rd WR on a team that almost always has injuries. Nelson or Cobb is very likely to be down for a significant portion of time this season, so Davante is likely to be counted upon heavily. Do you think Rodgers wants to do anything to stifle his confidence or do you think he's going to blow smoke to encourage the kid to be great because he needs him?

Rodgers was also calling Abby "Magic" last year saying he looked like he was going to help us right away. Janis is a 7th rounder and I doubt the expectations of Rodgers were anywhere near what they were for Adams in Rodgers mind.

12 was talking up Jeremy Ross when he was here. He just does those things and I think trying to read into them as if they mean gospel that is a huge mistake.

One more quick thing...when it comes to media quotes, you have no clue what power the team has over what gets reported. I do. I worked for an NFL flagship station for a few years...and another non flagship station. The team would issue specific instruction to not ask negative questions. If you want to do that they'll just pull your credentials. I had that happen to a place I worked. You couldn't ask sincere honest questions without repercussions. So, the majority if not entirety of what you read and hear is all puff stuff but you think otherwise because you don't know any better.

UserPostedImage

greengold
9 years ago

I spent years in sports media listening very carefully to athletes and coaches. It's ALL the same...ALL garbage almost all the time.

What you don't understand is a player or coach rarely will ever say anything "negative" and when they do even if it's very veiled it's incredibly relevant. On the other hand, players and coaches are CONSTANTLY talking up players...that's what they do. It happens in every NFL city and every city with any major pro sports team. Heck, college, too.

Davante is now a very important part of what we're doing. He's our 3rd WR on a team that almost always has injuries. Nelson or Cobb is very likely to be down for a significant portion of time this season, so Davante is likely to be counted upon heavily. Do you think Rodgers wants to do anything to stifle his confidence or do you think he's going to blow smoke to encourage the kid to be great because he needs him?

Rodgers was also calling Abby "Magic" last year saying he looked like he was going to help us right away. Janis is a 7th rounder and I doubt the expectations of Rodgers were anywhere near what they were for Adams in Rodgers mind.

12 was talking up Jeremy Ross when he was here. He just does those things and I think trying to read into them as if they mean gospel that is a huge mistake.

One more quick thing...when it comes to media quotes, you have no clue what power the team has over what gets reported. I do. I worked for an NFL flagship station for a few years...and another non flagship station. The team would issue specific instruction to not ask negative questions. If you want to do that they'll just pull your credentials. I had that happen to a place I worked. You couldn't ask sincere honest questions without repercussions. So, the majority if not entirety of what you read and hear is all puff stuff but you think otherwise because you don't know any better.

Don't worry, I fully understand coach speak. I fully understand players don't say anything negative to regarding teammates. I also know you can listen to what isn't said or look at the context the comment was given in before completely dismissing it.

I also know you quote player and coach words as if they were gospel in your "arguments" when they support your position, and dismiss them out of hand them when they don't.

You certainly are magnanimous in your self appointed mission to rescue this board from all us dumb homers with your special brand of "truth." Get over yourself.

The team would issue specific instruction to not ask negative questions. If you want to do that they'll just pull your credentials. I had that happen to a place I worked.

Let me guess. Teddy pulled your credentials, so now he is the anti-Christ.

uffda udfa
9 years ago

Don't worry, I fully understand coach speak. I fully understand players don't say anything negative to regarding teammates. I also know you can listen to what isn't said or look at the context the comment was given in before completely dismissing it.

I also know you quote player and coach words as if they were gospel in your "arguments" when they support your position, and dismiss them out of hand them when they don't.

You certainly are magnanimous in your self appointed mission to rescue this board from all us dumb homers with your special brand of "truth." Get over yourself.

Let me guess. Teddy pulled your credentials, so now he is the anti-Christ.

No. The difference is I have a much better feel for what is real and what is puff. I keenly understand the relationship between media and the Green Bay Packers. What you get is almost exclusively puff pieces and quotes. What does that lead to? A homer fan base. Why? There is very little reality and truth coming out of them. It's all the perception they want you to have. Is it any wonder this is how this board mostly operates as well as most of Packer nation? Say something "negative" like I do and oh, no! you're not a fan. Must be a Vikings or Bears fan. People used to nothing but puff quotes don't handle a view that isn't puffy very well because that's the teet they suckly unwittingly all the day long.

Oh, the Seahawks were the team that banished my network. Asked a question of Ricky Watters they considered "negative"...never were given another minute of time with a coach or a player for YEARS. The question was about his AGE as a RB maybe a hint of declining performance. That was it...ovah! No more Seahawks for you! Done! Cut off!

If you can't see that the fact the filter of nothing but sugary sweet is on in full force for you to read mostly from this team and the effect it has on what you believe then you're lost.

Thankfully, there are guys like Michael Rodney and a few others out there. Packers fans are cultivated to love the sugar. Oh, and I do love the sugar, too, but there's a whole lot more going on than just that. Objectivity is an elusive creature around Packerland.

UserPostedImage

uffda udfa
9 years ago
MM: I would say Davante Adams, if you wanted a clear illustration of a player taking a jump in his second year, you just saw it. He's been tremendous in OTA's and he has more in front of him. He's done a great job in strength and conditioning. If you picked a MVP or an All-Star, he'd be at the top of the list.

--So, Davante is the best of the Year 2 guys?

Hey, we should get the Matt Blanchard (who?) train rolling, also.
Mike McCarthy on our 4th string QB: Matt Blanchard had a heck of a day today. I told him in April, "Why in the hell do you not have a job?" There's a lot to work with as far as his physical talent. He's a winner. He's in a good place. He's getting better every week.

Quotes from JSOnline.com

UserPostedImage

68md
9 years ago
oy vey still on the Adams kick ?

MM: I would say Davante Adams, if you wanted a clear illustration of a player taking a jump in his second year, you just saw it. He's been tremendous in OTA's and he has more in front of him. He's done a great job in strength and conditioning. If you picked a MVP or an All-Star, he'd be at the top of the list.

--So, Davante is the best of the Year 2 guys?

Hey, we should get the Matt Blanchard (who?) train rolling, also.
Mike McCarthy on our 4th string QB: Matt Blanchard had a heck of a day today. I told him in April, "Why in the hell do you not have a job?" There's a lot to work with as far as his physical talent. He's a winner. He's in a good place. He's getting better every week.

Adams didn't go backwards in the offseason is all that means( that's a good thing) and the Blanchard news is only big because he kicked Hundly's can yet again... always nice when a D3 QB is out playing a 5th round pick. 😠

What do you want him to do during CBA walk through's ??? He brags on players like this always..never says bad things. That's Mike McCarthy
Real football starts the last week of July Uffda... until then it is what it is. :mrgreen:
uffda udfa
9 years ago
Amen, wideside! Oh, and that 5th rounder was one we traded up for!

I just wish these crazy hype trains would get derailed. It's one thing if you actually believe it based on what you've seen and completely different if you're getting all hyped up from reading quotes.

Real football...soon!
UserPostedImage

Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (21h) : rude
Mucky Tundra (21h) : RIP Frank Ragnow
Mucky Tundra (21h) : @E_Woodyard #Lions HC Dan Campbell says they're gonna put Frank Ragnow down this week. "We've got to be smart," Campbell said.
bboystyle (25-Sep) : Favre using the pitty card during that hearing for his criminal acts
Zero2Cool (24-Sep) : Former Packers QB Brett Favre recently announced he was diagnosed with Parkinson's.
Zero2Cool (24-Sep) : The only QBs this season with 0 turnover-worthy plays according to PFF (minimum 30 dropbacks) Aaron Rodgers Malik Willis Justin Fields
Mucky Tundra (23-Sep) : @DavidBearmanPFN · 18h Vegas has watched Will Levis for 3 weeks and installed them as a 1-point favorite in Miami next week. Let that sink
Mucky Tundra (23-Sep) : Martha, they did play much better with Dalton yesterday
Zero2Cool (23-Sep) : Test results on Sam Darnold’s knee showed a knee bruise and no structural damage. He is not expected to miss any time.
Martha Careful (23-Sep) : Not with Dalton apparently
Mucky Tundra (23-Sep) : Not sure what to make of the NFC South so far this season (outside of the Panthers being a dumpster fire)
Mucky Tundra (22-Sep) : of course I say that and then they overturn that play that put them on the 49ers 2 yard line
Mucky Tundra (22-Sep) : *without
Mucky Tundra (22-Sep) : Even with Nacua and Kupp out, Rams looking fiesty on offense
Martha Careful (22-Sep) : Tim Boyle is playing for the Dolphins
Martha Careful (22-Sep) : I love seeing Dallas lose
Mucky Tundra (22-Sep) : The Red Rifle is on fire in Las Vegas! 3 TDs in the first half!
Mucky Tundra (22-Sep) : @mattschneidman · 2m The fire alarm is going off inside the Packers locker room here in Nashville.
Mucky Tundra (22-Sep) : Gonna need a drink after looking at my picks for the early games in Pick'em
Zero2Cool (22-Sep) : James Jones. Y’all must not know, Dr. Mackenzie🤣 he was not going to let Jordan love play today.
Zero2Cool (22-Sep) : Malik to start. Love inactive. Per report. Let's go!!
buckeyepackfan (22-Sep) : I think J-10VE will be inactive, a little twist that could be put in is run a wildcat with Wicks at qb. Have him as emergency qb if needed.
Zero2Cool (21-Sep) : I think that's how it works.
Zero2Cool (21-Sep) : I'd go 3 QB regardless this game.
Zero2Cool (21-Sep) : Clifford was elevated, not activated. He doesn't play, it doesn't count.
hardrocker950 (21-Sep) : If Clifford is active, not likely to see Jordan play this weekend
Mucky Tundra (21-Sep) : QB Sean Clifford and CB Robert Rochell elevated from the PS for the Titans game
Zero2Cool (20-Sep) : Love questionable. Morgan is out. Valentine is doubtful
Martha Careful (20-Sep) : Rodgers and Lazard off to a very strong start
Zero2Cool (19-Sep) : Josh Jacobs. Limited.
Zero2Cool (19-Sep) : Can't find anything on Jacobs :(
wpr (19-Sep) : Do you know if they gave Jacobs an extra day off? I hope so.
Zero2Cool (19-Sep) : WR Jayden Reed (calf) and G Elgton Jenkins (illness/glute) returned after sitting out Wednesday.
Zero2Cool (19-Sep) : Packers are in pads and so is Jordan Love. Second straight day of practice for QB1.
bboystyle (18-Sep) : If Love comes back, we win in a blow out
Zero2Cool (18-Sep) : Jordan Love just spoke with reporters and said he’s giving himself the week but hopeful to play Sunday against the Titans.
Zero2Cool (18-Sep) : Practicing is Jordan Love!
Zero2Cool (18-Sep) : Packers are signing WR Cornelius Johnson to the Practice Squad per sources. Johnson was a 7th round pick this year.
Zero2Cool (17-Sep) : Packers placed RB MarShawn Lloyd on injured reserve.
Zero2Cool (16-Sep) : Rams won’t have Cooper Kupp or Puka Nacua when they host the Packers in Week 5.
Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : Or is that the Rusty Red Rifle because of his age?
Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : The Red Rifle Returns!
Zero2Cool (16-Sep) : Panthers are benching former No. 1 overall pick Bryce Young and starting veteran Andy Dalton beginning this week.
Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : bears still have slim chance here
Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : and there's another one!
Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : oh crap macbob has the Texans K and he keeps hitting these long FGs
Mucky Tundra (15-Sep) : Hope the Texans beat the brakes off the Bears
Zero2Cool (15-Sep) : LaFleur: “I asked Malik why he didn’t throw it on that third down and he told me Josh threw up on the ball.”
Mucky Tundra (15-Sep) : i was wondering why it was just you, me, beast and macbob by the end
Zero2Cool (15-Sep) : Yeah it was weird today for some reason
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2024 Packers Schedule
Friday, Sep 6 @ 7:15 PM
Eagles
Sunday, Sep 15 @ 12:00 PM
COLTS
Sunday, Sep 22 @ 12:00 PM
Titans
Sunday, Sep 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Oct 6 @ 3:25 PM
Rams
Sunday, Oct 13 @ 12:00 PM
CARDINALS
Sunday, Oct 20 @ 12:00 PM
TEXANS
Sunday, Oct 27 @ 12:00 PM
Jaguars
Sunday, Nov 3 @ 3:25 PM
LIONS
Sunday, Nov 17 @ 12:00 PM
Bears
Sunday, Nov 24 @ 3:25 PM
49ERS
Thursday, Nov 28 @ 7:20 PM
DOLPHINS
Thursday, Dec 5 @ 7:15 PM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 15 @ 7:20 PM
Seahawks
Monday, Dec 23 @ 7:15 PM
SAINTS
Sunday, Dec 29 @ 12:00 PM
Vikings
Saturday, Jan 4 @ 11:00 PM
BEARS
Recent Topics
20m / Around The NFL / beast

1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

3h / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

3h / Random Babble / wpr

26-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

25-Sep / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

25-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

25-Sep / GameDay Threads / wpr

24-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

23-Sep / Around The NFL / Martha Careful

23-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

23-Sep / Featured Content / Zero2Cool

23-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

23-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.