play2win
11 years ago

Of course he made more plays. That doesn't prove anything though because the QB isn't solely responsible for plays he does or doesn't make. Bolden was wide open often. Rodgers had to make some spectacular throws in combination with amazing catches to get several completions. Everyone can have an opinion, but I think if the QBs switched teams, Kaepernick would not enjoy the same level of success. The Packers aren't a very good team without Aaron Rodgers. With him, they can go toe-to-toe with the best of them and potentially win. The 49'ers are a good team in every aspect, including Colin Kaepernick. The guy couldn't be in a better situation, and he makes the most of it. Nothing against him at all, he can't control those external factors. But the level of talent around him is very impressive on both sides of the ball. Do you honestly think Rodgers wouldn't look a little better with a better running game, a MUCH better offensive line, a great defense, and incredible coaching? If you don't, then I don't know what else to say. If Kaepernick faced as much constant pressure from opposing defenses as Rodgers does throughout a season and playoffs, I feel very confident that he wouldn't react as well. I can't prove it, because it almost never happens. But history shows that many other mobile QB's didn't fair well in similar conditions. Kaepernick could be an exception, but that's yet to be determined presently.

That's why I said in my previous post, that ultimately, a comparison can't be made because they are simply too many variables to evaluate. If you want to evaluate QB play based on one game, well, that's one thing. I choose to use the bigger picture, and I have yet to see Colin Kaepernick match Aaron Rodgers' 2010 playoff run, as a whole throughout the Super Bowl. Or the 2011 season, or multiple other incredible stretches. Sure, Rodgers had a better team in 2010 than he does now, but I can't say it was clearly better than the current 49'ers.

None of this is a dis to Colin Kaepernick. He's obviously very, very good. However, I would argue that the 49'ers win more as a team than most other teams in recent memory. Props to them for that. They execute well in all phases consistently, which is truly the mark of a good team.

Originally Posted by: DoddPower 

Dodd, holy crap. Enough already. I based my own opinion on all the games that I've seen Kaepernick play. Yeah, right now, I think he might be a better QB, with more versatility, and possibly a better leader. I can have that opinion.

According to you and steveishere, apparently that notion is laughable and crazy. I don't agree.

QB was the absolute very least of our problems. Rodgers played very well. Our team simply did not make the grade.

DoddPower
11 years ago

QB was the absolute very least of our problems. Rodgers played very well. Our team simply did not make the grade.

Originally Posted by: play2win 

Thank you. You summed up my sentiments exactly. The Packers as a TEAM didn't make the grade, as you put it. The game on Sunday wasn't won or lost by Rodgers or Kaepernick. As always, it was a team effort. There are simply too many variables to directly compare the quarterback play of those two teams. But still, if I had my choice, I'd take Rodgers on the 49'ers team with that coaching over Kaepernick. Perhaps if/when the 49'ers and Kaepernick storm through the playoffs and win a Super Bowl or so, I'll change my opinion, but that has yet to happen, so my point remains.

play2win
11 years ago
Yeah. I get where you are coming from. And, yeah, I said it, not that I was looking for any kind of tussle over this. I believe the difference is starting to look marginal comparing both QBs at this juncture.

Rodgers had a healthy, battle tested Nelson, Cobb, Jones and Finley to throw to. Finley and Jones made horrific drops.

Kaepernick had the battle tested Boldin and Davis, with one of the best RBs in Gore out of the backfield.

Figure, if we put House, Burnett and Hayward in place of Bush, McMillian and Jennings, we win that game, and the discussion completely changes.
steveishere
11 years ago

According to you and steveishere, apparently that notion is laughable and crazy. I don't agree.

OK seriously just STFU. I never said or even implied about anything being "laughable" or "crazy" You have this insane obsession with completely making shit up and saying that's what someone else said. Enough already guy. If you have a point to make just make it without sensationalizing or stretching things that someone says into things that they absolutely did NOT say.

Now tell us again how I said Chris Banjo looks like a 10x better player than Ronnie Lott and Rod Woodson combined. (annoying isn't it)
play2win
11 years ago
Rational discussion is impossible with you, steveishere. I think you have it in for me no matter what I say on any subject.

Did you view the game again? Did you see how many times Kaepernick was flushed out of the pocket or pressured v. Rodgers?

Can you offer anything more than your emotion to the subject?
DoddPower
11 years ago

Rational discussion is impossible with you, steveishere. I think you have it in for me no matter what I say on any subject.

Did you view the game again? Did you see how many times Kaepernick was flushed out of the pocket or pressured v. Rodgers?

Can you offer anything more than your emotion to the subject?

From my perspective, Rodgers was under MUCH more pressure than Kaepernick the entire game, up until the last possession. Not that that surprises me, though.
GermanGilbert
11 years ago

From my perspective, Rodgers was under MUCH more pressure than Kaepernick the entire game, up until the last possession. Not that that surprises me, though.

Originally Posted by: DoddPower 

For me as well, and the stats I brought up should sign that. Not a single hurry, let alone a hit or sack in maybe a third of the game? Epic fail, nothing else. CMIII had a great game afterwards, though, aside this stupid OOB tackle. But aside from CMIII, who else caused problems for Kaepernick? I didn't see a single guy.
blank
steveishere
11 years ago

Rational discussion is impossible with you, steveishere. I think you have it in for me ?

If you consider your constant use of hyperbole towards me rational discussion then no its certainly not possible. Say what you want about me at least ive never tried to lie about things you have been saying.
play2win
11 years ago
"Hyperbole." Coming from you... Wow.

"Lie." Buy a clue.

WTF? You can't keep it to football? It's all about you huh steveishere?

This is a simple forum for discussion about the Packers.

Give me a fucking break.
steveishere
11 years ago
Well then please quote where I said anything being laughable or crazy. Go ahead and quote when I said chris banjo was awesome while you are at it since you kept telling everyone isaid that at least 4 or 5 times then ill give you your fucking break. I wont hold my breath though.
Fan Shout
packerfanoutwest (1h) : Sources: Packers QB Jordan Love expected back vs. Vikings
Zero2Cool (1h) : The NFL fined #Packers RB Josh Jacobs a whopping $45,020 for unnecessary roughness/use of helmet last week
Zero2Cool (27-Sep) : Packers Final Injury Report: Jordan Love questionable vs. Vikings
Zero2Cool (27-Sep) : We are hosed. Not practicing Friday: CB Jaire Alexander, CB Carrington Valentine, G/T Jordan Morgan.
Zero2Cool (26-Sep) : rude
Mucky Tundra (26-Sep) : RIP Frank Ragnow
Mucky Tundra (26-Sep) : @E_Woodyard #Lions HC Dan Campbell says they're gonna put Frank Ragnow down this week. "We've got to be smart," Campbell said.
bboystyle (25-Sep) : Favre using the pitty card during that hearing for his criminal acts
Zero2Cool (24-Sep) : Former Packers QB Brett Favre recently announced he was diagnosed with Parkinson's.
Zero2Cool (24-Sep) : The only QBs this season with 0 turnover-worthy plays according to PFF (minimum 30 dropbacks) Aaron Rodgers Malik Willis Justin Fields
Mucky Tundra (23-Sep) : @DavidBearmanPFN · 18h Vegas has watched Will Levis for 3 weeks and installed them as a 1-point favorite in Miami next week. Let that sink
Mucky Tundra (23-Sep) : Martha, they did play much better with Dalton yesterday
Zero2Cool (23-Sep) : Test results on Sam Darnold’s knee showed a knee bruise and no structural damage. He is not expected to miss any time.
Martha Careful (23-Sep) : Not with Dalton apparently
Mucky Tundra (23-Sep) : Not sure what to make of the NFC South so far this season (outside of the Panthers being a dumpster fire)
Mucky Tundra (22-Sep) : of course I say that and then they overturn that play that put them on the 49ers 2 yard line
Mucky Tundra (22-Sep) : *without
Mucky Tundra (22-Sep) : Even with Nacua and Kupp out, Rams looking fiesty on offense
Martha Careful (22-Sep) : Tim Boyle is playing for the Dolphins
Martha Careful (22-Sep) : I love seeing Dallas lose
Mucky Tundra (22-Sep) : The Red Rifle is on fire in Las Vegas! 3 TDs in the first half!
Mucky Tundra (22-Sep) : @mattschneidman · 2m The fire alarm is going off inside the Packers locker room here in Nashville.
Mucky Tundra (22-Sep) : Gonna need a drink after looking at my picks for the early games in Pick'em
Zero2Cool (22-Sep) : James Jones. Y’all must not know, Dr. Mackenzie🤣 he was not going to let Jordan love play today.
Zero2Cool (22-Sep) : Malik to start. Love inactive. Per report. Let's go!!
buckeyepackfan (22-Sep) : I think J-10VE will be inactive, a little twist that could be put in is run a wildcat with Wicks at qb. Have him as emergency qb if needed.
Zero2Cool (21-Sep) : I think that's how it works.
Zero2Cool (21-Sep) : I'd go 3 QB regardless this game.
Zero2Cool (21-Sep) : Clifford was elevated, not activated. He doesn't play, it doesn't count.
hardrocker950 (21-Sep) : If Clifford is active, not likely to see Jordan play this weekend
Mucky Tundra (21-Sep) : QB Sean Clifford and CB Robert Rochell elevated from the PS for the Titans game
Zero2Cool (20-Sep) : Love questionable. Morgan is out. Valentine is doubtful
Martha Careful (20-Sep) : Rodgers and Lazard off to a very strong start
Zero2Cool (19-Sep) : Josh Jacobs. Limited.
Zero2Cool (19-Sep) : Can't find anything on Jacobs :(
wpr (19-Sep) : Do you know if they gave Jacobs an extra day off? I hope so.
Zero2Cool (19-Sep) : WR Jayden Reed (calf) and G Elgton Jenkins (illness/glute) returned after sitting out Wednesday.
Zero2Cool (19-Sep) : Packers are in pads and so is Jordan Love. Second straight day of practice for QB1.
bboystyle (18-Sep) : If Love comes back, we win in a blow out
Zero2Cool (18-Sep) : Jordan Love just spoke with reporters and said he’s giving himself the week but hopeful to play Sunday against the Titans.
Zero2Cool (18-Sep) : Practicing is Jordan Love!
Zero2Cool (18-Sep) : Packers are signing WR Cornelius Johnson to the Practice Squad per sources. Johnson was a 7th round pick this year.
Zero2Cool (17-Sep) : Packers placed RB MarShawn Lloyd on injured reserve.
Zero2Cool (16-Sep) : Rams won’t have Cooper Kupp or Puka Nacua when they host the Packers in Week 5.
Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : Or is that the Rusty Red Rifle because of his age?
Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : The Red Rifle Returns!
Zero2Cool (16-Sep) : Panthers are benching former No. 1 overall pick Bryce Young and starting veteran Andy Dalton beginning this week.
Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : bears still have slim chance here
Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : and there's another one!
Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : oh crap macbob has the Texans K and he keeps hitting these long FGs
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2024 Packers Schedule
Friday, Sep 6 @ 7:15 PM
Eagles
Sunday, Sep 15 @ 12:00 PM
COLTS
Sunday, Sep 22 @ 12:00 PM
Titans
Sunday, Sep 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Oct 6 @ 3:25 PM
Rams
Sunday, Oct 13 @ 12:00 PM
CARDINALS
Sunday, Oct 20 @ 12:00 PM
TEXANS
Sunday, Oct 27 @ 12:00 PM
Jaguars
Sunday, Nov 3 @ 3:25 PM
LIONS
Sunday, Nov 17 @ 12:00 PM
Bears
Sunday, Nov 24 @ 3:25 PM
49ERS
Thursday, Nov 28 @ 7:20 PM
DOLPHINS
Thursday, Dec 5 @ 7:15 PM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 15 @ 7:20 PM
Seahawks
Monday, Dec 23 @ 7:15 PM
SAINTS
Sunday, Dec 29 @ 12:00 PM
Vikings
Saturday, Jan 4 @ 11:00 PM
BEARS
Recent Topics
3h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

13h / Around The NFL / Mucky Tundra

23h / Fantasy Sports Talk / Zero2Cool

27-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

27-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

27-Sep / Random Babble / wpr

26-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

25-Sep / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

25-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

25-Sep / GameDay Threads / wpr

24-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

23-Sep / Around The NFL / Martha Careful

23-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

23-Sep / Featured Content / Zero2Cool

23-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.