mi_keys
11 years ago

Even with D. Jones, there was no pressure on the QB.

Originally Posted by: dhpackr 

Datone Jones played one play...

And play2win, posters are calling you out for your hyperbole and sarcasm. No one is content with last night's performance.
Born and bred a cheesehead
earthquake
11 years ago
Honestly I don't think the defense as a whole did that bad, sure they gave up plenty of yards, however, they only allowed 3 points the entire night on drives that didn't start with fantastic field position after those horrible Harrell turnovers.

Losing the turnover battle and what was it, like 8 straight punts? by the inept 2nd and 3rd sting offense made the defense's performance look much worse than it was.
blank
play2win
11 years ago
Did I make some generalizations? Yeah. But, the point of the matter is, our team looked horrific last night. I make a comment about our secondary, DL and LBs looking like dog shit, which they did for the most part, and I am reminded of the glorious play of Banjo...

whatever.

What can be deduced by these comments from Carson Palmer?

"Arizona Cardinals QB Carson Palmer completed four of his six pass attempts for 77 yards and a touchdown in his team debut in the preseason game Friday, Aug. 9, against the Green Bay Packers. "Both (offensive line) groups looked great. The pass protection has been phenomenal," Palmer said."

http://www.kffl.com/hotw/NFL?page=1#ixzz2bavhLKkM 

Now, as long as I have been a Packers fan, I know that you never want to hear those comments from your opposing starting QB after a game. Really poor pass rush from both our DL and our LBs, which never helps a secondary. Did anybody get a sack? (I mean, beside Robert Francois, whom I think is pretty much out the door?) Did anybody make a pick? Did anybody score? How was the tackling? Is that hyperbole? An exaggeration of what took place last night? I don't think so.

The only two that really, really impressed me were Bakhtiari and Walker. The others that I thought made some good plays were Rodgers, Jones, Barrington and Boyd. The rest, honestly, didn't produce as well as I would have hoped. Starks had a couple of decent runs. Our run blocking looked horrific. All 3 of their QBs had better passer ratings than Aaron Rodgers. Not a single one of our DBs had a PD. Yeah, I'd say, overall, that's pretty bad.
DarkaneRules
11 years ago
This thread got a little testy. 🙂 Allow Adam to talk his hippie talk b.s. hehe.

My cousin texted me the following from Green Bay after the game: "We suck"

Him and I are pretty different. I like to nit pick everything, develop perspective based on what I see, and he just says things straight up and all encompassing like what you see above.

Let's face it, last night pissed us all off especially the coach, but to be fair, a lot of these guys are scrubs. The Cardinals had better scrubs than we do at this time, so that stings a little bit. I want to have better sucky players!

However, their scrubs are different from our scrubs. It is about rebuilding. You got a lot more experienced scrubs on that team than ours. The teams that remain over 500 every year like us are doing something right though.In the NFL, every team is rebuilding every year. The good teams keep you from noticing. They draft and develop, and they do it well.

It makes it harder for the coaching staff for sure being that type of franchise with that mindset. It creates a lot more work, and the guys we have, and the Patriots are a lot like this, practice at more positions and field placements than most other teams. It is NOT easy to be a Packer. So you will see a lot of scrubs not answer the bell, and it is not fun to watch, but you want to see growth too right? So let's watch these guys the rest of the pre-season and see who shows signs of improvement (gets saved) and who stays mediocre (gets cut).

That is the fun of pre-season after all. And finally, be happy. You are a fan of a team with four playoff appearances and a Superbowl victory over the last four years. Fans of most teams would kill to be in our position.

Circular Arguments: They are a heck of an annoyance
play2win
11 years ago
DarkaneRules,

That is true. I guess, the thing that burned me, and yes, it did burn me because I LOVE Packers football, was seeing, for the most part, our whole team struggling, at home, against the Cardinals.

This from Bob McGinn:

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/packers-hit-ground-slowly-while-being-shutout-in-preseason-opener-b9972237z1-219082481.html 

Now, add that to the fact that all 3 of their QBs had passer ratings over 104... that's bad, all the way around, and a clear reflection of how poorly all three units on defense played last night, starters through scrubs. I did not expect to see that from Mike McCarthy, his staff, nor his players after last year's debacle, where we were too often injured, and manhandled by superior teams.

Yeah, it is preseason. Thank God!!!! We've got talent. It just didn't show well last night. And, we had 17 players who could not dress for the game.
DarkaneRules
11 years ago
Yeah man I completely understand. Passion drives us all.

You can certainly see it as the domino effect. I have not played much sports but it really does happen a lot. One domino falls and the rest follow suit. I think the Quartersbacks were the first domino. I think you probably agree with that!
play2win
11 years ago
Oh yeah. BTW, I had been trumpeting Graham Harrell when they made the Young acquisition, thinking about Rodgers comments and how Harrell showed last preseason. I was shocked to see him fail so miserably as well.

I'll be very interested to see how this team responds next week at STL.
DoddPower
11 years ago

Oh yeah. BTW, I had been trumpeting Graham Harrell when they made the Young acquisition, thinking about Rodgers comments and how Harrell showed last preseason. I was shocked to see him fail so miserably as well.

I'll be very interested to see how this team responds next week at STL.

Originally Posted by: play2win 

I've honestly never been impressed with Harrell. I also don't take anything players, coaches, of GM's say very seriously, as they very rarely give an honest opinion. Harrell has never looked like an NFL quarterback to me. He still has that "deer in the headlights" look. From what I can tell, he doesn't have much passion, and doesn't inspire those around him to have confidence in him. The game still looks too big for him. He's yet to prove otherwise.

I'm not freaking out about this game, at all. Of course the Packers could have played better. However, the starting offense moved the ball 80+ yards without their top two WR's, a rookie left tackle, and a flip-flopped offensive line. They punched the ball in for a rushing touchdown, imo. I'm not sure how much more one could ask from the starting offense.

The defense didn't look great, but that's nothing new. I'm guessing they won't be anything more than average for awhile, but hopefully they will come on stronger late in the season as things begin to gel and young players become more comfortable.

Honestly, I kind of like the Packers getting beat up a little in the preseason. Hopefully it makes them fly under the radar and makes the team really play with a chip on their shoulders once the regular season comes around. Hopefully the team gets pissed off that the pesky media won't stop chirping in their ears about how shitty they're playing.

Overall, it was a learning experience for many young players, and that's about it. No substantial injuries, so it was a decent game. On to next week.
DarkaneRules
11 years ago

I've honestly never been impressed with Harrell. I also don't take anything players, coaches, of GM's say very seriously, as they very rarely give an honest opinion. Harrell has never looked like an NFL quarterback to me. He still has that "deer in the headlights" look. From what I can tell, he doesn't have much passion, and doesn't inspire those around him to have confidence in him. The game still looks too big for him. He's yet to prove otherwise.

The defense didn't look great, but that's nothing new. I'm guessing they won't be anything more than average for awhile, but hopefully they will come on stronger late in the season as things begin to gel and young players become more comfortable.

Originally Posted by: DoddPower 

Love these two quotes especially.

Graham definitely does not have the look of a leader. He still looks like a student out there rather than a teacher to his teammates.

And yes this is still a defense in transition that started last year. It will take some time and we unfortunately need to be a little patient.

nerdmann
11 years ago
If MM's pattern holds, they'll look like shit until about week 6. After that they'll be up and down week to week.

Then after week 10, they'll make a mad dash for the playoffs.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (18h) : rude
Mucky Tundra (18h) : RIP Frank Ragnow
Mucky Tundra (18h) : @E_Woodyard #Lions HC Dan Campbell says they're gonna put Frank Ragnow down this week. "We've got to be smart," Campbell said.
bboystyle (25-Sep) : Favre using the pitty card during that hearing for his criminal acts
Zero2Cool (24-Sep) : Former Packers QB Brett Favre recently announced he was diagnosed with Parkinson's.
Zero2Cool (24-Sep) : The only QBs this season with 0 turnover-worthy plays according to PFF (minimum 30 dropbacks) Aaron Rodgers Malik Willis Justin Fields
Mucky Tundra (23-Sep) : @DavidBearmanPFN · 18h Vegas has watched Will Levis for 3 weeks and installed them as a 1-point favorite in Miami next week. Let that sink
Mucky Tundra (23-Sep) : Martha, they did play much better with Dalton yesterday
Zero2Cool (23-Sep) : Test results on Sam Darnold’s knee showed a knee bruise and no structural damage. He is not expected to miss any time.
Martha Careful (23-Sep) : Not with Dalton apparently
Mucky Tundra (23-Sep) : Not sure what to make of the NFC South so far this season (outside of the Panthers being a dumpster fire)
Mucky Tundra (22-Sep) : of course I say that and then they overturn that play that put them on the 49ers 2 yard line
Mucky Tundra (22-Sep) : *without
Mucky Tundra (22-Sep) : Even with Nacua and Kupp out, Rams looking fiesty on offense
Martha Careful (22-Sep) : Tim Boyle is playing for the Dolphins
Martha Careful (22-Sep) : I love seeing Dallas lose
Mucky Tundra (22-Sep) : The Red Rifle is on fire in Las Vegas! 3 TDs in the first half!
Mucky Tundra (22-Sep) : @mattschneidman · 2m The fire alarm is going off inside the Packers locker room here in Nashville.
Mucky Tundra (22-Sep) : Gonna need a drink after looking at my picks for the early games in Pick'em
Zero2Cool (22-Sep) : James Jones. Y’all must not know, Dr. Mackenzie🤣 he was not going to let Jordan love play today.
Zero2Cool (22-Sep) : Malik to start. Love inactive. Per report. Let's go!!
buckeyepackfan (22-Sep) : I think J-10VE will be inactive, a little twist that could be put in is run a wildcat with Wicks at qb. Have him as emergency qb if needed.
Zero2Cool (21-Sep) : I think that's how it works.
Zero2Cool (21-Sep) : I'd go 3 QB regardless this game.
Zero2Cool (21-Sep) : Clifford was elevated, not activated. He doesn't play, it doesn't count.
hardrocker950 (21-Sep) : If Clifford is active, not likely to see Jordan play this weekend
Mucky Tundra (21-Sep) : QB Sean Clifford and CB Robert Rochell elevated from the PS for the Titans game
Zero2Cool (20-Sep) : Love questionable. Morgan is out. Valentine is doubtful
Martha Careful (20-Sep) : Rodgers and Lazard off to a very strong start
Zero2Cool (19-Sep) : Josh Jacobs. Limited.
Zero2Cool (19-Sep) : Can't find anything on Jacobs :(
wpr (19-Sep) : Do you know if they gave Jacobs an extra day off? I hope so.
Zero2Cool (19-Sep) : WR Jayden Reed (calf) and G Elgton Jenkins (illness/glute) returned after sitting out Wednesday.
Zero2Cool (19-Sep) : Packers are in pads and so is Jordan Love. Second straight day of practice for QB1.
bboystyle (18-Sep) : If Love comes back, we win in a blow out
Zero2Cool (18-Sep) : Jordan Love just spoke with reporters and said he’s giving himself the week but hopeful to play Sunday against the Titans.
Zero2Cool (18-Sep) : Practicing is Jordan Love!
Zero2Cool (18-Sep) : Packers are signing WR Cornelius Johnson to the Practice Squad per sources. Johnson was a 7th round pick this year.
Zero2Cool (17-Sep) : Packers placed RB MarShawn Lloyd on injured reserve.
Zero2Cool (16-Sep) : Rams won’t have Cooper Kupp or Puka Nacua when they host the Packers in Week 5.
Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : Or is that the Rusty Red Rifle because of his age?
Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : The Red Rifle Returns!
Zero2Cool (16-Sep) : Panthers are benching former No. 1 overall pick Bryce Young and starting veteran Andy Dalton beginning this week.
Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : bears still have slim chance here
Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : and there's another one!
Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : oh crap macbob has the Texans K and he keeps hitting these long FGs
Mucky Tundra (15-Sep) : Hope the Texans beat the brakes off the Bears
Zero2Cool (15-Sep) : LaFleur: “I asked Malik why he didn’t throw it on that third down and he told me Josh threw up on the ball.”
Mucky Tundra (15-Sep) : i was wondering why it was just you, me, beast and macbob by the end
Zero2Cool (15-Sep) : Yeah it was weird today for some reason
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2024 Packers Schedule
Friday, Sep 6 @ 7:15 PM
Eagles
Sunday, Sep 15 @ 12:00 PM
COLTS
Sunday, Sep 22 @ 12:00 PM
Titans
Sunday, Sep 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Oct 6 @ 3:25 PM
Rams
Sunday, Oct 13 @ 12:00 PM
CARDINALS
Sunday, Oct 20 @ 12:00 PM
TEXANS
Sunday, Oct 27 @ 12:00 PM
Jaguars
Sunday, Nov 3 @ 3:25 PM
LIONS
Sunday, Nov 17 @ 12:00 PM
Bears
Sunday, Nov 24 @ 3:25 PM
49ERS
Thursday, Nov 28 @ 7:20 PM
DOLPHINS
Thursday, Dec 5 @ 7:15 PM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 15 @ 7:20 PM
Seahawks
Monday, Dec 23 @ 7:15 PM
SAINTS
Sunday, Dec 29 @ 12:00 PM
Vikings
Saturday, Jan 4 @ 11:00 PM
BEARS
Recent Topics
12m / Around The NFL / wpr

23m / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

25m / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

27m / Random Babble / wpr

26-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

25-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Sep / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

25-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

25-Sep / GameDay Threads / wpr

24-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

23-Sep / Around The NFL / Martha Careful

23-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

23-Sep / Featured Content / Zero2Cool

23-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

23-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.