Porforis
11 years ago

Great game by JJ. Who will be the first to have his 4th quarter catch as part of their signature?

That being said, great receivers have stellar play consistently and we have only one data point so far to go from this season. Ideally, week 4 is the start of a great run by Jones.

Originally Posted by: dyeah_gb 

Last week he didn't make any head-turning catches and didn't break any big ones (But then again, who did?), but he was solid for a few catches. If you can get open, and if you can catch balls that hit you in the hands, I'll be perfectly happy.
Zero2Cool
11 years ago
The final catch by James Jones was insane. I still don't believe how he caught that. The angle I saw, it looked like the CB was between he and Aaron and just stuck his left hand out, the ball bounced into his chest, catch. Incredible.

James Jones leads the Packers in touchdown receptions with 3 this year.
UserPostedImage
play2win
11 years ago

How good did James Jones look today? Did he have a single drop?

Player of the game imo.

Originally Posted by: nerdmann 

I agree. He played an awesome game. Awesome.
play2win
11 years ago

That was one of the best catches I have seen in a while - fishing it in around a guy with one hand 🙂 Loved that play - excellent catch.

Originally Posted by: schroeder84 

Jennings' TD catch was equally remarkable IMO. A thing of beauty. Just plucked it out of the air with 3 defenders around him. Great play by both Jennings and Rodgers. Neither Jennings nor Jones were open on both of those throws. Remarkable.
Pack93z
11 years ago

and get a new oline coach while we are at it?!?!?!?!?!?

Originally Posted by: gbguy20 

I have been on that campaign for years.. fruitlessly I may ad. [grin1]

Apparently my name isn't even at the Mud level at 1265.

In honor of Nerds comeback thread.. maybe this game with finally silence the "Jones" questions about why his is upon the roster.

Other than Nelson.. I believe he is the only guy that can beat the man across from him physically and get off the ball from the WR position with contact.
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
PackerTraxx
11 years ago
Nice game for JJ. Now, he just has to do that consistently.
Why is Jerry Kramer not in the Hall of Fame?
play2win
11 years ago

I have been on that campaign for years.. fruitlessly I may ad. [grin1]

Apparently my name isn't even at the Mud level at 1265.

In honor of Nerds comeback thread.. maybe this game with finally silence the "Jones" questions about why his is upon the roster.

Other than Nelson.. I believe he is the only guy that can beat the man across from him physically and get off the ball from the WR position with contact.

Originally Posted by: Pack93z 

Hey Pack93, just to answer the Jones portion here...

I know for myself, I brought up the Jones trade topic simply for the fact that he was IMO one of the most tradable Packer players at the time, with great ability and a very cap friendly contract. I never implied that I didn't like the guy or not want him a part of our team, at least I never intended that as part of my bringing it up. James Jones is a great player. Amidst all the uproar over his drops from 2010, I always felt the guy was integral to our playing in and winning the SB. Without question. I also felt he really righted himself in 2011 by knocking down those drop totals and being more reliable. He's had a very nice turnaround.

You are right that he is able to win the physical play battles at WR. Both he and Nelson are deceptively tough.
Pack93z
11 years ago

Hey Pack93, just to answer the Jones portion here...

I know for myself, I brought up the Jones trade topic simply for the fact that he was IMO one of the most tradable Packer players at the time, with great ability and a very cap friendly contract. I never implied that I didn't like the guy or not want him a part of our team, at least I never intended that as part of my bringing it up. James Jones is a great player. Amidst all the uproar over his drops from 2010, I always felt the guy was integral to our playing in and winning the SB. Without question. I also felt he really righted himself in 2011 by knocking down those drop totals and being more reliable. He's had a very nice turnaround.

You are right that he is able to win the physical play battles at WR. Both he and Nelson are deceptively tough.

Originally Posted by: play2win 

I wasn't pointing those comments at anyone.. they have been present for a couple of years.

Was he the most trade able this offseason.. probably. Heck I would probably agree as on most teams he is probably at worst the third option if not the second.

"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
Yerko
11 years ago
James Jones had an amazing game. Wish he could do this every week though.

If I were Greg Jennings, I'd be getting nervous with Cobb, Jones, and Nelson's performances this past week...and if they continue to excel while he rides the injury wagon. I love Greg Jennings but he isn't helping the Packers while on the bench...

James Jones!
UserPostedImage
play2win
11 years ago

I wasn't pointing those comments at anyone.. they have been present for a couple of years.

Was he the most trade able this offseason.. probably. Heck I would probably agree as on most teams he is probably at worst the third option if not the second.

Originally Posted by: Pack93z 

Yeah, that's cool. I just wanted to be clear where I stand on JJ since I think I started a thread on possibly trading him. Dude is good, and getting better.
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (14-Jun) : YOU BROKE IT
buckeyepackfan (14-Jun) : Welcome to "The Dead Zone" may the only Packer News we hear is positive!!
buckeyepackfan (14-Jun) : Trevor Lawrence-5yr 275mil-200mil guaranteed. J-10VE is next.
Mucky Tundra (13-Jun) : @AaronWilson_NFL #Packers have signed first-round pick Jordan Morgan to $14.185 million deal that includes $7.135 million signing bonus
jdlax (11-Jun) : Hahaha hellllllll no, Sunday is king! It's those Thursday night games that hurt
Mucky Tundra (11-Jun) : @AndyHermanNFL Looks like Tucker Kraft is out of the sling. Progress!
Zero2Cool (11-Jun) : That's also my oldests birthday
Zero2Cool (11-Jun) : Thought it was I fucking hate SNF. I went what why it's consistently way better than any other game
Zero2Cool (11-Jun) : Whoa. I read that so wrong before Jared lol
wpr (10-Jun) : that's great jdlax
jdlax (10-Jun) : God I hate the Shithawks
jdlax (10-Jun) : Sunday Night fucking Football
jdlax (10-Jun) : I just got my tickets to represent in Seattle December 15th woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Martha Careful (9-Jun) : I really enjoyed game 1 of the Stanley Cup final. Sergei Bobrovsky G - FL was incredibly good.
Mucky Tundra (4-Jun) : *NFL
Mucky Tundra (4-Jun) : @ByRyanWood Pads or no pads, welcome to the N
Mucky Tundra (4-Jun) : @ByRyanWood Rashan Gary just steamrolled Jordan Morgan on a bull rush. Drove right over him to the ground.
Mucky Tundra (3-Jun) : God and a lot of money brought Reggie to GB
Mucky Tundra (3-Jun) : yep. became the highest paid defensive player in the league and 3rd highest behind Elway and Marino
Zero2Cool (3-Jun) : Packers signed second-round pick Javon Bullard
Zero2Cool (3-Jun) : Reggie White got something like 4 years $17m total right?
buckeyepackfan (3-Jun) : 110mil guaranteed!!!
Zero2Cool (3-Jun) : Justin Jefferson. 4/$140m ??? wow
Mucky Tundra (31-May) : @AndyHermanNFL Sean Rhyan getting some reps at center in walkthroughs. They are rotating guys everywhere.
Mucky Tundra (31-May) : or that might have been an individual drill thing
Mucky Tundra (31-May) : that was from the 29th but I've seen other combs (including Rhyan@C)
Mucky Tundra (31-May) : @ByRyanWood Without Elgton Jenkins and Zach Tom, #Packers starting OL: Rasheed Walker, Jordan Morgan, Josh Myers, Sean Rhyan, Andre Dillard.
Martha Careful (31-May) : I have never seen an OTA, but who is lining up at LT and RG with starters? or is it all individual drills?
Zero2Cool (30-May) : Bears are the first team to be selected for Hard Knocks
dfosterf (29-May) : Andy Herman and his Pack a day podcast put up GB strengths yesterday. This morning he did weaknesses. They are both very good.
Zero2Cool (25-May) : Yes.
beast (24-May) : Does he say what it is?
Zero2Cool (22-May) : Christian Watson believes he has discovered the root cause his soft-tissue leg injuries
Zero2Cool (22-May) : Savage played last half of season with tear in rotator cuff
Zero2Cool (22-May) : SISSIES!!!!
Mucky Tundra (22-May) : Sounds like both Kraft and Tom were injuried before OTAs began
buckeyepackfan (22-May) : Not serious but waiting for strength and conditioning coach referwnces.
buckeyepackfan (22-May) : Tom and Kraft both injured(pectoral muscle),
Zero2Cool (20-May) : I feel similar about person and product/service.
beast (17-May) : Not sure why a players views reflect on GB... instead of simply on the player
Martha Careful (17-May) : I bet some of us have had 6+ mRNA jabs, a UKR flag on our walls, and still think Fauci has a thread of integrity
Zero2Cool (16-May) : From what I've read, it's all Jets , not us.
CanPackFan (16-May) : Will there ever be a time when Rodgers' whacko views will not reflect on GB? He is the past, thank god.
Zero2Cool (16-May) : Jan 4th gonna be rough with that start time lol
Zero2Cool (16-May) : Packers schedule listed. Boom.
buckeyepackfan (15-May) : Let the leaks begin. Colts @ Packers week 2, Vikings @ Packers week 4
Zero2Cool (14-May) : WR Marquez Valdes-Scantling to Bills
Zero2Cool (14-May) : Jets and Aaron Rodgers open up on Monday Night Football,
Zero2Cool (13-May) : $170 guaranteed. This might impact Jordan Love
Zero2Cool (13-May) : Lions are signing QB Jared Goff to a four-year, $212 million extension
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2024 Packers Schedule
Friday, Sep 6 @ 7:15 PM
Eagles
Sunday, Sep 15 @ 12:00 PM
COLTS
Sunday, Sep 22 @ 12:00 PM
Titans
Sunday, Sep 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Oct 6 @ 3:25 PM
Rams
Sunday, Oct 13 @ 12:00 PM
CARDINALS
Sunday, Oct 20 @ 12:00 PM
TEXANS
Sunday, Oct 27 @ 12:00 PM
Jaguars
Sunday, Nov 3 @ 3:25 PM
LIONS
Sunday, Nov 17 @ 12:00 PM
Bears
Sunday, Nov 24 @ 3:25 PM
49ERS
Thursday, Nov 28 @ 7:20 PM
DOLPHINS
Thursday, Dec 5 @ 7:15 PM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 15 @ 7:20 PM
Seahawks
Monday, Dec 23 @ 7:15 PM
SAINTS
Sunday, Dec 29 @ 12:00 PM
Vikings
Saturday, Jan 4 @ 11:00 PM
BEARS
Recent Topics
7h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

8h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

8h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

13-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

12-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

11-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

11-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

9-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

9-Jun / Around The NFL / beast

6-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

4-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

4-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

4-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / earthquake

3-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

2-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.