Wade
  • Wade
  • Veteran Member Topic Starter
12 years ago

Do you know what a filibuster is? Of course you do. :-)

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

Argh! I've just been called the equivalent of a United States Senator. I think I need to go and get beaten up in a biker bar now.

And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
Romans 12:2 (NKJV)
Dexter_Sinister
12 years ago
My dad passed away from MS a couple years ago. That is a horrific disease. He went from an athletic healthy man to a pile of flesh on a bed. It took 30 years and every year he lost more ground.

I never heard him contemplated ending his life. He knew what was coming and he knew it was always going to get worse.

I have talked to a lot of people who said they would have taken the easy way out. But I can tell you, even though it was very painful and full of suffering, the life he lived was worth it. Being part of that life, suffering, pain and sadness was worth it to me and every one in my family will tell you the same.

It took a lot of courage and humility for a star athlete like him to be reduced to being carried around and tended like a plant. It was hard for us, his kids and his wife to see that happen and have to take care of him. But he never stopped bringing us joy.

What he taught me is something I can't even convey properly. How can I fail to act because it would be uncomfortable or difficult. How can I quit or walk away if I am not getting what I want. Nothing he got was what he wanted, but he never quit or gave up.

I do understand that depression and mental illness changes the way you think. But if suicide seems like a good idea, you have a big problem and need to get that addressed real fast. Life is way to short to be stuck in your own head.

My dad was stuck in his own body and by its limitations. But that never made him quit. He did not go quietly into that good night. He went with honor and dignity.

For Junior Seau, I can understand his despair. One of the symptoms of having repeated concussions is clinical depression. On top of that is the knowledge that everything that makes you who you are is slowly melting away. Not physically, but every experience, every memory, even the ability to think is draining out of your mind leaving nothing behind. That alone would be enough to cause despair without the clinical component. But together, it is pretty overwhelming.

I can understand how bad it would be to loose everything physically and I think I could handle that. But to lose who you are, the memories of your family, the glory you attained in professional sports that you can't even remember now. The teammates that you shared so much with that you can't even recall. Even the ability to understand what you are going through will slip away eventually. Leaving a hollow shell of what used to be a great man.

I think that I would chicken out of that.
I want to go out like my Grandpa did. Peacefully in his sleep.
Not screaming in terror like his passengers.
DakotaT
12 years ago
Zero go fuck yourself. I spent 3 years of my high school days depressed because my basketball coach did something to emasculate me. He didn't get fired and the powers that be didnt' do shit to him cause we had a good team. I grew up hating authority, quit sports, and spent the rest of my adolescence depressed - and I did try to kill myself - but ended up yacking up the bottle of pills I took, so instead of dying - I was just really ill instead. So take your opinion and shove up your ass.

I am no fucking coward but I do understand the darkest side of man - and obviously you don't know a fucking thing about this subject.
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
12 years ago

Zero go fuck yourself. I spent 3 years of my high school days depressed because my basketball coach did something to emasculate me. He didn't get fired and the powers that be didnt' do shit to him cause we had a good team. I grew up hating authority, quit sports, and spent the rest of my adolescence depressed - and I did try to kill myself - but ended up yacking up the bottle of pills I took, so instead of dying - I was just really ill instead. So take your opinion and shove up your ass.

I am no fucking coward but I do understand the darkest side of man - and obviously you don't know a fucking thing about this subject.

Originally Posted by: DakotaT 

I tried it, it wasn't fun, how about you go fuck yourself. You dismiss everything I have gone through in my life, past or present, and rattle of some sob story about you in high school as if I'm going to care after what you've said? You're a pathetic person inside and out if that's how you are. You used something terrible that happened to you as something to throw in my face and diminish anything I've gone through, for that, you're a waste of skin. I had intended on responding to Shawn with personal experiences of my own as to why I have the opinion I do. Then you make this post, no one even has the balls to call you out for how wrong you are and it made me realize ... no one here cares what I went through ... rather you fucks just think my opinion and what I've endured doesn't matter.

Thanks for the understanding and support, appreciate it.
UserPostedImage
4PackGirl
12 years ago
whoa...deep discussion that went way off base.

i don't think anyone is dismissing anyone's past - i think we just forget that everyone has a story, a life full of highs & lows, we are quick to judge at times & because we are like a family, we are also quick to be hurt.

i think if someone commits suicide, they're in so much pain mentally &/or physically that they just don't see any other way out. i don't find that the act of a coward. but then you look at the people they left behind & the pain they have to endure forever, always wondering if they could have said/done something to make the person NOT kill themself. it's such a hard question with no concrete answer, imo.
Zero2Cool
12 years ago

whoa...deep discussion that went way off base.

i don't think anyone is dismissing anyone's past - i think we just forget that everyone has a story, a life full of highs & lows, we are quick to judge at times & because we are like a family, we are also quick to be hurt.

Originally Posted by: 4PackGirl 

???

and obviously you don't know a fucking thing about this subject.

DakotaT wrote:

I understand those saying the act of suicide (or threat of) is not cowardly. I respect that opinion, I just disagree with it. Apparently that makes my opinion nothing, regardless of how many suicides I've had in my life, and the hundreds (not an exaggeration) of suicidal threats. There's only been two times in my life that it was almost self ended.

I don't believe there's a solid answer for what suicide is because there are many reasons for someone to feel there is no way out, no light at the end of the tunnel. For my friend Matt, he wasn't a coward, far from it. He was upset that his parents kicked out his older brother for throwing a party. He decided to play Russian roulette and lost. It's why I don't like guns, even though the gun didn't pull the trigger, he did. It's just an association thing so all you pro gun fucks can lay off. I know people kill people, not guns.

Everyone does have a story. Everyone has a right to share that story, or not to. Everyone has a right to an opinion without being attacked for their opinion.
UserPostedImage
DakotaT
12 years ago

???

I understand those saying the act of suicide (or threat of) is not cowardly. I respect that opinion, I just disagree with it. Apparently that makes my opinion nothing, regardless of how many suicides I've had in my life, and the hundreds (not an exaggeration) of suicidal threats. There's only been two times in my life that it was almost self ended.

I don't believe there's a solid answer for what suicide is because there are many reasons for someone to feel there is no way out, no light at the end of the tunnel. For my friend Matt, he wasn't a coward, far from it. He was upset that his parents kicked out his older brother for throwing a party. He decided to play Russian roulette and lost. It's why I don't like guns, even though the gun didn't pull the trigger, he did. It's just an association thing so all you pro gun fucks can lay off. I know people kill people, not guns.

Everyone does have a story. Everyone has a right to share that story, or not to. Everyone has a right to an opinion without being attacked for their opinion.

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

Well I'm sorry for what I said, but I was terribly hurt by your position of people contemplating suicide are cowards. It struck a nerve and I lashed. I tend to that from time to time.
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (21h) : rude
Mucky Tundra (21h) : RIP Frank Ragnow
Mucky Tundra (21h) : @E_Woodyard #Lions HC Dan Campbell says they're gonna put Frank Ragnow down this week. "We've got to be smart," Campbell said.
bboystyle (25-Sep) : Favre using the pitty card during that hearing for his criminal acts
Zero2Cool (24-Sep) : Former Packers QB Brett Favre recently announced he was diagnosed with Parkinson's.
Zero2Cool (24-Sep) : The only QBs this season with 0 turnover-worthy plays according to PFF (minimum 30 dropbacks) Aaron Rodgers Malik Willis Justin Fields
Mucky Tundra (23-Sep) : @DavidBearmanPFN · 18h Vegas has watched Will Levis for 3 weeks and installed them as a 1-point favorite in Miami next week. Let that sink
Mucky Tundra (23-Sep) : Martha, they did play much better with Dalton yesterday
Zero2Cool (23-Sep) : Test results on Sam Darnold’s knee showed a knee bruise and no structural damage. He is not expected to miss any time.
Martha Careful (23-Sep) : Not with Dalton apparently
Mucky Tundra (23-Sep) : Not sure what to make of the NFC South so far this season (outside of the Panthers being a dumpster fire)
Mucky Tundra (22-Sep) : of course I say that and then they overturn that play that put them on the 49ers 2 yard line
Mucky Tundra (22-Sep) : *without
Mucky Tundra (22-Sep) : Even with Nacua and Kupp out, Rams looking fiesty on offense
Martha Careful (22-Sep) : Tim Boyle is playing for the Dolphins
Martha Careful (22-Sep) : I love seeing Dallas lose
Mucky Tundra (22-Sep) : The Red Rifle is on fire in Las Vegas! 3 TDs in the first half!
Mucky Tundra (22-Sep) : @mattschneidman · 2m The fire alarm is going off inside the Packers locker room here in Nashville.
Mucky Tundra (22-Sep) : Gonna need a drink after looking at my picks for the early games in Pick'em
Zero2Cool (22-Sep) : James Jones. Y’all must not know, Dr. Mackenzie🤣 he was not going to let Jordan love play today.
Zero2Cool (22-Sep) : Malik to start. Love inactive. Per report. Let's go!!
buckeyepackfan (22-Sep) : I think J-10VE will be inactive, a little twist that could be put in is run a wildcat with Wicks at qb. Have him as emergency qb if needed.
Zero2Cool (21-Sep) : I think that's how it works.
Zero2Cool (21-Sep) : I'd go 3 QB regardless this game.
Zero2Cool (21-Sep) : Clifford was elevated, not activated. He doesn't play, it doesn't count.
hardrocker950 (21-Sep) : If Clifford is active, not likely to see Jordan play this weekend
Mucky Tundra (21-Sep) : QB Sean Clifford and CB Robert Rochell elevated from the PS for the Titans game
Zero2Cool (20-Sep) : Love questionable. Morgan is out. Valentine is doubtful
Martha Careful (20-Sep) : Rodgers and Lazard off to a very strong start
Zero2Cool (19-Sep) : Josh Jacobs. Limited.
Zero2Cool (19-Sep) : Can't find anything on Jacobs :(
wpr (19-Sep) : Do you know if they gave Jacobs an extra day off? I hope so.
Zero2Cool (19-Sep) : WR Jayden Reed (calf) and G Elgton Jenkins (illness/glute) returned after sitting out Wednesday.
Zero2Cool (19-Sep) : Packers are in pads and so is Jordan Love. Second straight day of practice for QB1.
bboystyle (18-Sep) : If Love comes back, we win in a blow out
Zero2Cool (18-Sep) : Jordan Love just spoke with reporters and said he’s giving himself the week but hopeful to play Sunday against the Titans.
Zero2Cool (18-Sep) : Practicing is Jordan Love!
Zero2Cool (18-Sep) : Packers are signing WR Cornelius Johnson to the Practice Squad per sources. Johnson was a 7th round pick this year.
Zero2Cool (17-Sep) : Packers placed RB MarShawn Lloyd on injured reserve.
Zero2Cool (16-Sep) : Rams won’t have Cooper Kupp or Puka Nacua when they host the Packers in Week 5.
Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : Or is that the Rusty Red Rifle because of his age?
Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : The Red Rifle Returns!
Zero2Cool (16-Sep) : Panthers are benching former No. 1 overall pick Bryce Young and starting veteran Andy Dalton beginning this week.
Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : bears still have slim chance here
Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : and there's another one!
Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : oh crap macbob has the Texans K and he keeps hitting these long FGs
Mucky Tundra (15-Sep) : Hope the Texans beat the brakes off the Bears
Zero2Cool (15-Sep) : LaFleur: “I asked Malik why he didn’t throw it on that third down and he told me Josh threw up on the ball.”
Mucky Tundra (15-Sep) : i was wondering why it was just you, me, beast and macbob by the end
Zero2Cool (15-Sep) : Yeah it was weird today for some reason
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2024 Packers Schedule
Friday, Sep 6 @ 7:15 PM
Eagles
Sunday, Sep 15 @ 12:00 PM
COLTS
Sunday, Sep 22 @ 12:00 PM
Titans
Sunday, Sep 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Oct 6 @ 3:25 PM
Rams
Sunday, Oct 13 @ 12:00 PM
CARDINALS
Sunday, Oct 20 @ 12:00 PM
TEXANS
Sunday, Oct 27 @ 12:00 PM
Jaguars
Sunday, Nov 3 @ 3:25 PM
LIONS
Sunday, Nov 17 @ 12:00 PM
Bears
Sunday, Nov 24 @ 3:25 PM
49ERS
Thursday, Nov 28 @ 7:20 PM
DOLPHINS
Thursday, Dec 5 @ 7:15 PM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 15 @ 7:20 PM
Seahawks
Monday, Dec 23 @ 7:15 PM
SAINTS
Sunday, Dec 29 @ 12:00 PM
Vikings
Saturday, Jan 4 @ 11:00 PM
BEARS
Recent Topics
22m / Around The NFL / beast

1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

3h / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

3h / Random Babble / wpr

26-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

25-Sep / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

25-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

25-Sep / GameDay Threads / wpr

24-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

23-Sep / Around The NFL / Martha Careful

23-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

23-Sep / Featured Content / Zero2Cool

23-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

23-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.