nerdmann
12 years ago
What happened to Chris Johnson? His sister get killed or something? Thoughts and prayers out to the family. From what I recall he was a raw but extremely speedy CB. Had injuries, so he never really developed, iirc.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
zombieslayer
12 years ago

What happened to Chris Johnson? His sister get killed or something? Thoughts and prayers out to the family. From what I recall he was a raw but extremely speedy CB. Had injuries, so he never really developed, iirc.

Originally Posted by: nerdmann 

Yes. His sister was murdered by her boyfriend and his mother was shot as well but she'll be ok.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)
2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. 🇹🇹 🇲🇲 🇦🇷
zombieslayer
12 years ago

It will be interesting to see whether the injuries to the Raiders' RBs will turn out to be good or bad news for the Packers. On the one hand, if the Raiders can't do anything on the ground and don't gameplan for a halfway balanced approach, the Packers can focus on stopping the pass and let the odd run play get what it will. On the other hand, we've been gashed through the air, and more passes equals more opportunities for big plays... For both teams :)

Originally Posted by: Porforis 

Well, then this game will be another argument in the "is it better to be able to tackle and force 3 and outs or better to rely on takeaways?" argument.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
nerdmann
12 years ago

Well, then this game will be another argument in the "is it better to be able to tackle and force 3 and outs or better to rely on takeaways?" argument.

Originally Posted by: zombieslayer 

This game is gonna be a huge test of our run defense. Can we REALLY stop a power run game up the middle?
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Yerko
12 years ago
I was waiting to see the injury updates for the Packers to make a decent prediction. Looks like Hawk may be back Sunday as he is limited in practice today. Woodson was announced good to go a few days back.

Sitton and Bishop are still out...

Packers will run away with this game early. Rodgers, as usual, will throw 4-5 touchdowns. Defense is still going to give up yards, but hopefully not as much points as they did last week.

Packers- 42
Raiders- 14

Greedy side of me and for a very dumb reason...Please do not bench Rodgers in the 4th quarter Mr. McCarthy. I have been hosed this year in my fantasy football league (top 3 in scoring, 5-8 record) and have lost too many close ones. This is the final week before playoffs and my one shot to get in is to beat my opponent (the guy above me in my division). In order to do so, I need Rodgers to put up at least 25-30 points to secure my win. I can be the 2010 Seattle Seahawks of my league, I don't care. I want a shot at the $ pot. Thank you. 🙏
UserPostedImage
zombieslayer
12 years ago

This game is gonna be a huge test of our run defense. Can we REALLY stop a power run game up the middle?

Originally Posted by: nerdmann 

Yes. We can.

The way the Packers stop the power run game right up the middle is by scoring so many points our opponent has to abandon the run.

So far it's worked this year.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
DarkaneRules
12 years ago
I think we have a great base run defense. I think offenses move us around more and they know our rushers first find the QB. It gives them time to break their runners to the outside, and that is where we seem to be getting hurt largely. Although Blount ran right through the middle but our d-line just got smoked on that one.
Circular Arguments: They are a heck of an annoyance
Nonstopdrivel
12 years ago

Sunday against the Oakland Raiders, the Green Bay Packers will be going for their 19th consecutive victory, which would stand alone as the second-longest streak in NFL history. More important, they would clinch at least the No. 2 seed in the NFC playoffs and thus a first-round bye. (Even if they lose to the Raiders, the Packers could clinch the bye with a loss by the New Orleans Saints.) The value of that week seems clear when you take a look at the Packers' increasingly lengthy injury list.

Kevin Seifert wrote:

The Raiders are 4-2 on the road this season, but haven't won in the Wisconsin in 24 years. You would think the Packers' defense would try to jump on the Raiders' offense early in the game. The Packers have made a relative habit of sending at least one extra pass-rusher this season, doing so 45.4 percent of the time -- the fourth-highest mark in the NFL. And for what it's worth, Raiders quarterback Carson Palmer has a 59.3 passer rating against the blitz this season, the second-lowest mark in the NFL. He has thrown three interceptions, taken eight sacks and completed only 53.6 percent of his passes against five or more rushes this season.

Kevin Seifert wrote:

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcnorth/post/_/id/35627/final-word-nfc-north-33 
UserPostedImage
zombieslayer
12 years ago

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcnorth/post/_/id/35627/final-word-nfc-north-33

Originally Posted by: Nonstopdrivel 

To be clear though, maybe we send an extra pass rusher. But we're 3-4 base, so that means that one extra is still only 4 people.

Or am I wrong here in my understanding of what he means?
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
GermanGilbert
12 years ago

To be clear though, maybe we send an extra pass rusher. But we're 3-4 base, so that means that one extra is still only 4 people.

Or am I wrong here in my understanding of what he means?

Originally Posted by: zombieslayer 

The question is what this guy's understanding of an additional pass rusher is. In a 3-4 at least one of the olbs rushes the passer on common downs, so I don't expect him to think, that 4 guys is one more than usual.

blank