• Points Against = 28.0 (22nd)[/list]

• THE DOPE SHEET  - link provided by macbob

Access Code:
    bishop

Carolina Panthers ENEMY FORUMS! 
    UserPostedImage
    Zero2Cool
    13 years ago
    I think Packers fans should be worried. Cam Newton and Steve Smith have the Panthers looking good on team rankings.
    UserPostedImage
    olds70supreme
    13 years ago
    I worry before every game, regardless of opponent 😰 . This will be interesting, seeing if the defense can bounce back from allowing lots of yards and points the week before. While halfway expected against a high octane offense like the Saints, what was troubling was the broken tackles - it seemed like everybody was going for the strip but it wasn't working. I'm hoping that the defense buckles down and plays disciplined football for the Panthers game. The offense shouldn't have any trouble scoring enough points to win the game, all the defense needs to do is limit the big plays and make the Panthers offense earn their yardage. I'm predicting 31-24 Packers.
    blank
    Nonstopdrivel
    13 years ago

it seemed like everybody was going for the strip but it wasn't working.

Originally Posted by: olds70supreme 

This puzzles me too. I would think they would teach the players to go for the tackle first, and then if the tackle was secure, to work on the strip. But I guess that's why I watch the game on TV, eh?
    UserPostedImage
    Pack93z
    13 years ago
    Because the 1st week of the Sunday Ticket was "free".. I a good part of the Panthers game.. I really don't care too much about the yards Cam racked up.. some of that was the product of mistakes on the defenses part.

What impressed me was Cam's poise and demeanor upon the field.. the Cards sold out a number of times in pressure (helping create some of the mistakes) and were getting there with some success. But it seemed not to rattle the kid much.. he didn't pull the ball down and take off like many young athletic QB's do. No, instead he navigated around in and out of the pocket and kept reading down field.

But he didn't stop there.. no he even delivered the ball very accurately from both the pocket and on the run. He didn't always make the correct read, but he also didn't miss on very many of the Cardinal mistakes in coverage either.

I don't think he is a great QB at this point.. but he was more advanced in his performance than I expected.. and overall the Panthers on offense looked light years ahead compared to last season.

I think the Panthers defensive depth and overall collection of talent is going to be more of a concern to them than their offense.. which is a flip of the role from last season for them.

Of course this is all based off of a single game and could be an aberration, but it is what I seen in watching them in the vacuum of a single game.

I think the Packers expose them on defense early and often, and if the defense plays to expectation the Packers are working on the depth of the playbook in the second half.

That isn't that I am taking the Panthers lightly.. more or less, I think the Packers have the better overall talent and if special teams are a wash, the Packers wear down a game Panthers team.

I expect Cam and that offense to make some noise on Sunday.. I am just not sold that it will be consistent enough to keep pace with the Packers offense.
    "The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
    DoddPower
    13 years ago
    The Panthers losing their best defensive player in Jon Beason for the season certainly doesn't help their chances at all. That's a huge loss.
    peteralan71
    13 years ago
    I understand that it is a good idea to "worry" about each and every opponent and to never assume a bye. I practice this mindset. I am nervous for every game, because I know that the Packers, like any other team, has good days and bad days.

That said, I do not believe the Panthers will beat us. I do not believe that Cam Newton will have a day anywhere near what he had last week. He will have a passer rating below 100, that is certain. We had a tough week on defense last week, for the most part. However, we have a MUCH stronger defense than the Cardinals do. When they gave up Rodgers-Cromartie, they handed Cam Newton a 400 yd game. Even if Tramon is out, we will have Shields and Woody in there (who knows which one will guard Smith), not to mention 3x Pro Bowler in as many years Nick Collins and young stud Morgan Burnett sitting behind them ready to pounce.

I do not want to sound overly confident. As I said, it is a good idea, even healthy to have a little "worry" in your diet, but I don't think that the Panthers have enough to offer that would make me say we could very well lose.
    Green Bay: Home of the Green & Gold. And the hunter orange. And the camouflage.
    UserPostedImage
    Packers_Finland
    13 years ago
    I'm not even the least bit worried just because Newton managed to exploit Cardinals CBs, one of whom is a second year undrafted player with little to no playing experience and one the "sucked terribly in camp despite being a high draft pick" player of the year. Though the latter does happen to be a pretty decent returner.
    This is a placeholder
    Tezzy
    13 years ago
    I was very surprised at Cam's performance in week 1. Expected a lot more mistakes, both mental and in execution. Those deep balls are what concern me most with that offense as Steve Smith was battling for every ball and looking like his old self. Something we didn't do well against the Saints as a defense was we gave up too many big plays. For me though an even bigger surprise than what Cam accomplished was the lack of an explosive running attack by the Panthers. Williams and Stewart combined went 19 rushes for 56 yards. So minus a few explosive play from Cam to Smith I like our chances for our defense having a tighter game than against the Saints, and even without Tramon if that happens.

With all that being said..

The Panthers defense did not look good. Some of the breakdowns in their pass defense make me lick my chops thinking about how the Packers should be able to spread them around and dictate the entire game.

I think the Packers roll through the Panthers without raising our heart rates like the Saints game did. Loook forward to coming out healthy and ready to take it to the Bearcubs the following week.

Packers win, 34-17

On top of every beard grows a man.
    "The Bears are shell-shocked... and it's breaking my heart."
    DarkaneRules
    13 years ago
    Steve Smith to me is a great receiver. He is a warrior out there. Panthers beat us in Rodger's first year where we were competitive but didn't have enough time to answer them in the end. That can happen again, but NOT if the goal line defense of game 1 shows up where we stuffed them.

I hope we can a little less open in what we allow on defense. We had a lot of holes in the defense in coverage last game by a handful of our guys.
    Circular Arguments: They are a heck of an annoyance
    Fan Shout
    Zero2Cool (19h) : rude
    Mucky Tundra (19h) : RIP Frank Ragnow
    Mucky Tundra (19h) : @E_Woodyard #Lions HC Dan Campbell says they're gonna put Frank Ragnow down this week. "We've got to be smart," Campbell said.
    bboystyle (25-Sep) : Favre using the pitty card during that hearing for his criminal acts
    Zero2Cool (24-Sep) : Former Packers QB Brett Favre recently announced he was diagnosed with Parkinson's.
    Zero2Cool (24-Sep) : The only QBs this season with 0 turnover-worthy plays according to PFF (minimum 30 dropbacks) Aaron Rodgers Malik Willis Justin Fields
    Mucky Tundra (23-Sep) : @DavidBearmanPFN · 18h Vegas has watched Will Levis for 3 weeks and installed them as a 1-point favorite in Miami next week. Let that sink
    Mucky Tundra (23-Sep) : Martha, they did play much better with Dalton yesterday
    Zero2Cool (23-Sep) : Test results on Sam Darnold’s knee showed a knee bruise and no structural damage. He is not expected to miss any time.
    Martha Careful (23-Sep) : Not with Dalton apparently
    Mucky Tundra (23-Sep) : Not sure what to make of the NFC South so far this season (outside of the Panthers being a dumpster fire)
    Mucky Tundra (22-Sep) : of course I say that and then they overturn that play that put them on the 49ers 2 yard line
    Mucky Tundra (22-Sep) : *without
    Mucky Tundra (22-Sep) : Even with Nacua and Kupp out, Rams looking fiesty on offense
    Martha Careful (22-Sep) : Tim Boyle is playing for the Dolphins
    Martha Careful (22-Sep) : I love seeing Dallas lose
    Mucky Tundra (22-Sep) : The Red Rifle is on fire in Las Vegas! 3 TDs in the first half!
    Mucky Tundra (22-Sep) : @mattschneidman · 2m The fire alarm is going off inside the Packers locker room here in Nashville.
    Mucky Tundra (22-Sep) : Gonna need a drink after looking at my picks for the early games in Pick'em
    Zero2Cool (22-Sep) : James Jones. Y’all must not know, Dr. Mackenzie🤣 he was not going to let Jordan love play today.
    Zero2Cool (22-Sep) : Malik to start. Love inactive. Per report. Let's go!!
    buckeyepackfan (22-Sep) : I think J-10VE will be inactive, a little twist that could be put in is run a wildcat with Wicks at qb. Have him as emergency qb if needed.
    Zero2Cool (21-Sep) : I think that's how it works.
    Zero2Cool (21-Sep) : I'd go 3 QB regardless this game.
    Zero2Cool (21-Sep) : Clifford was elevated, not activated. He doesn't play, it doesn't count.
    hardrocker950 (21-Sep) : If Clifford is active, not likely to see Jordan play this weekend
    Mucky Tundra (21-Sep) : QB Sean Clifford and CB Robert Rochell elevated from the PS for the Titans game
    Zero2Cool (20-Sep) : Love questionable. Morgan is out. Valentine is doubtful
    Martha Careful (20-Sep) : Rodgers and Lazard off to a very strong start
    Zero2Cool (19-Sep) : Josh Jacobs. Limited.
    Zero2Cool (19-Sep) : Can't find anything on Jacobs :(
    wpr (19-Sep) : Do you know if they gave Jacobs an extra day off? I hope so.
    Zero2Cool (19-Sep) : WR Jayden Reed (calf) and G Elgton Jenkins (illness/glute) returned after sitting out Wednesday.
    Zero2Cool (19-Sep) : Packers are in pads and so is Jordan Love. Second straight day of practice for QB1.
    bboystyle (18-Sep) : If Love comes back, we win in a blow out
    Zero2Cool (18-Sep) : Jordan Love just spoke with reporters and said he’s giving himself the week but hopeful to play Sunday against the Titans.
    Zero2Cool (18-Sep) : Practicing is Jordan Love!
    Zero2Cool (18-Sep) : Packers are signing WR Cornelius Johnson to the Practice Squad per sources. Johnson was a 7th round pick this year.
    Zero2Cool (17-Sep) : Packers placed RB MarShawn Lloyd on injured reserve.
    Zero2Cool (16-Sep) : Rams won’t have Cooper Kupp or Puka Nacua when they host the Packers in Week 5.
    Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : Or is that the Rusty Red Rifle because of his age?
    Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : The Red Rifle Returns!
    Zero2Cool (16-Sep) : Panthers are benching former No. 1 overall pick Bryce Young and starting veteran Andy Dalton beginning this week.
    Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : bears still have slim chance here
    Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : and there's another one!
    Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : oh crap macbob has the Texans K and he keeps hitting these long FGs
    Mucky Tundra (15-Sep) : Hope the Texans beat the brakes off the Bears
    Zero2Cool (15-Sep) : LaFleur: “I asked Malik why he didn’t throw it on that third down and he told me Josh threw up on the ball.”
    Mucky Tundra (15-Sep) : i was wondering why it was just you, me, beast and macbob by the end
    Zero2Cool (15-Sep) : Yeah it was weird today for some reason
    Please sign in to use Fan Shout
    2024 Packers Schedule
    Friday, Sep 6 @ 7:15 PM
    Eagles
    Sunday, Sep 15 @ 12:00 PM
    COLTS
    Sunday, Sep 22 @ 12:00 PM
    Titans
    Sunday, Sep 29 @ 12:00 PM
    VIKINGS
    Sunday, Oct 6 @ 3:25 PM
    Rams
    Sunday, Oct 13 @ 12:00 PM
    CARDINALS
    Sunday, Oct 20 @ 12:00 PM
    TEXANS
    Sunday, Oct 27 @ 12:00 PM
    Jaguars
    Sunday, Nov 3 @ 3:25 PM
    LIONS
    Sunday, Nov 17 @ 12:00 PM
    Bears
    Sunday, Nov 24 @ 3:25 PM
    49ERS
    Thursday, Nov 28 @ 7:20 PM
    DOLPHINS
    Thursday, Dec 5 @ 7:15 PM
    Lions
    Sunday, Dec 15 @ 7:20 PM
    Seahawks
    Monday, Dec 23 @ 7:15 PM
    SAINTS
    Sunday, Dec 29 @ 12:00 PM
    Vikings
    Saturday, Jan 4 @ 11:00 PM
    BEARS
    Recent Topics
    11m / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

49m / Around The NFL / Zero2Cool

1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

1h / Random Babble / wpr

26-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

25-Sep / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

25-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

25-Sep / GameDay Threads / wpr

24-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

23-Sep / Around The NFL / Martha Careful

23-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

23-Sep / Featured Content / Zero2Cool

23-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

23-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

Headlines
    Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.