nerdmann
13 years ago
LOL, yeah, I knew we could win it all, but the thing was just that we always seemed to find some bullshit heartbreaking way to lose, such as the '07 Championship and the playoff game against Arizona last year. It was easy to say we SHOULD win, but hard to predict that we actually WOULD.
How sweet it is.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Wade
  • Wade
  • Veteran Member
13 years ago
I think for me it probably was the Atlanta game.

That was when I realized that only the Green and Gold could keep the Green and Gold from prevailing this year.

Though the loss of both Woodson and Shields within a few minutes tested my fortitude quite a bit.
And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
Romans 12:2 (NKJV)
Zero2Cool
13 years ago
I'm gonna preface this with the Giants game in '07 season has me cautiously optimistic if that makes much sense.

After beating Chicago, I thought the winner of the Eagles game would go the distance. It was just a thought. I didn't think the Seahawks or Bears were talented enough or would show up against the Eagles and didn't think the Falcons would be able to stop them on turf.

When the Packers beat the Eagles, I thought, wow, this is amazing, a playoff win. I thought if we smacked the Falcons early and kept on the throttle we could take them. My confidence in that game came from Aaron's Destroyer shoes. I also feel the Packers are a more dominant team indoors than outdoors.

The game I was most worried about was the Bears game. I didn't think we'd pass them up and if we did, I thought there was no chance we'd lose. I kept my mouth shut to all the Steelers fans, father and relatives included of my complete confidence.

During the ensuing days after the Packers beat the Bears, those were some of the longest in my life. I "knew" they'd win. I "knew" the Steelers could not stop Aaron in the dome. I was virtually useless at work because of how strongly I felt the Packersr would win and thought of so many things to throw in my families face. I was not taking their trash talk well at all, especially since I kept showing their team respect.

Once the game started, I was feeling ... alright lets show the world greatness. lol, yeah I was feeling cocky. When Woodson went down, then Shields, doubt crept in for the first time in two weeks.

During the middle to end of the third quarter, I started saying to myself, well, hey it was a helluva run, very proud of this team. And during the commercial break to enter the 4th quarter, I started thinking the Packers are still in the lead, its not over, they got this.

So, I think beginning of the fourth quarter is when I started to really believe again that the Packers would win. Much like I have in the previous playoff games, I didn't exhale until the final whistle blew. I kept waiting for some crazy Herman Edwards type of play or something.

When has it sunk in? It really hasn't yet. When I look at my XLV items, and this might sound weird, but it feels like a dream to me and there's no way in hell I'm going to pinch myself.
UserPostedImage
RaiderPride
13 years ago
When it finally became real... Great question.

For me... It finally Became Real that the Packers had won the Superbowl was when Terry Holt made this prolific statement.... FIVE YEARS AGO.

Terry Freaking Holt.

Watch the video clip. When I saw this on that draft day FIVE YEARS AGO

Well I finally realized the Packers have won another Superbowl.

link: I remember watching this... Like it was yesterday.

http://fifthdown.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/02/08/aaron-rodgerss-very-long-draft-day/ 
""People Will Probably Never Remember What You Said, And May Never Remember What You Did. However, People Will Always Remember How You Made Them Feel."
nerdmann
13 years ago
Remember that game against the Cowboys where Aaron came in after Favre went down? Remember how well he played? How much BETTER than Favre? If Favre would've been lost for the season, does anyone think we wouldn't have won the Superbowl that year? Or at least GOT there?
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Greg C.
13 years ago

Remember that game against the Cowboys where Aaron came in after Favre went down? Remember how well he played? How much BETTER than Favre? If Favre would've been lost for the season, does anyone think we wouldn't have won the Superbowl that year? Or at least GOT there?

"nerdmann" wrote:

I've never considered that possibility. Rodgers badly outplayed Favre in that game, and his performance was no fluke. In the preseason, he looked just as good as Favre.

We'll never know if Rodgers would've led the Packers any farther than Favre did that year, but it's not at all out of the question, considering what happened when Kurt Warner replaced Trent Green in 1999 or when Tom Brady replaced Drew Bledsoe in 2001.
blank
Greg C.
13 years ago

I'm gonna preface this with the Giants game in '07 season has me cautiously optimistic if that makes much sense.

After beating Chicago, I thought the winner of the Eagles game would go the distance. It was just a thought. I didn't think the Seahawks or Bears were talented enough or would show up against the Eagles and didn't think the Falcons would be able to stop them on turf.

When the Packers beat the Eagles, I thought, wow, this is amazing, a playoff win. I thought if we smacked the Falcons early and kept on the throttle we could take them. My confidence in that game came from Aaron's Destroyer shoes. I also feel the Packers are a more dominant team indoors than outdoors.

The game I was most worried about was the Bears game. I didn't think we'd pass them up and if we did, I thought there was no chance we'd lose. I kept my mouth shut to all the Steelers fans, father and relatives included of my complete confidence.

During the ensuing days after the Packers beat the Bears, those were some of the longest in my life. I "knew" they'd win. I "knew" the Steelers could not stop Aaron in the dome. I was virtually useless at work because of how strongly I felt the Packersr would win and thought of so many things to throw in my families face. I was not taking their trash talk well at all, especially since I kept showing their team respect.

Once the game started, I was feeling ... alright lets show the world greatness. lol, yeah I was feeling cocky. When Woodson went down, then Shields, doubt crept in for the first time in two weeks.

During the middle to end of the third quarter, I started saying to myself, well, hey it was a helluva run, very proud of this team. And during the commercial break to enter the 4th quarter, I started thinking the Packers are still in the lead, its not over, they got this.

So, I think beginning of the fourth quarter is when I started to really believe again that the Packers would win. Much like I have in the previous playoff games, I didn't exhale until the final whistle blew. I kept waiting for some crazy Herman Edwards type of play or something.

When has it sunk in? It really hasn't yet. When I look at my XLV items, and this might sound weird, but it feels like a dream to me and there's no way in hell I'm going to pinch myself.

"Zero2Cool" wrote:

Good story, Zero. I didn't know that you knew all those Steelers fans.

As for the Super Bowl itself, I felt very much the same way you did during the game. For most of the third quarter, I thought they were going to lose, but I was not going to be disappointed with them at all, knowing that they lost two of their best defensive backs. But when they got through the third quarter and they were still in the lead, having given up only seven points in that quarter, I felt a little better. Then on the first play of the fourth quarter, when Matthews forced the fumble and Bishop recovered, I once again felt like it was going to be our day. I was still sweating it out all the way till Tramon Williams' fourth and five play, though.

It hasn't totally sunk in with me either. For most of the season, I just didn't think they were going to get it done, and that run at the end caught me by surprise.
blank
Zero2Cool
13 years ago

Good story, Zero. I didn't know that you knew all those Steelers fans.

"Greg C." wrote:

My fathers side of the family was born/raised in Pittsburgh so growing up I heard Steelers everything. I know quite a bit of Steelers, my favorite is probably Jack Lambert or Terry Bradshaw. They've been the team I pull for when the Packers are out of the playoffs. I had cousins telling me the Packers suck dick, the Packers are fucking joke...etc ... it just started getting to me because I kept saying, it'll be a good close game, should be exciting ... blah blah ... even though I wanted to say ... the Steelers have NO CHANCE if Aaron is healthy. The cousins that were pricks, later backed down after I called them out, but it just the fact that they treated me like some random bar patron... it's just really uncharacteristic of my family.

I haven't heard much from those cousins since the game concluded. 🙂
UserPostedImage
TOPackerFan
13 years ago
I'll let you know when it happens.
Show me a good loser, I'll show you a loser - Vince
Dexter_Sinister
13 years ago
I thought they had a chance at the super bowl from the beginning of the year. As I watched them this year, I came to the conclusion that nobody was good enough that the Packers couldn't beat them. Specially the game in NE when Mike McCarthy said "We are nobody's underdog". We gave them that game or we would have won.

I didn't feel any team was better. I agree that the only team that could beat them was the Packers.

However, I didn't "know" we were going to win until Rothlesberger let that final pass go. I was already jumping up to celebrate because I knew it was too soft and too high. I knew we had someone to make a play on it. I thought it might be picked. But knocked away is just as good.

I never had the feeling of "here we go again" when we failed to score a TD and had to kick off with way too much time left. I felt like the D was going to step up like they did for the last 6 games. Conditioned response.
I want to go out like my Grandpa did. Peacefully in his sleep.
Not screaming in terror like his passengers.
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (6h) : Packers Final Injury Report: Jordan Love questionable vs. Vikings
Zero2Cool (9h) : We are hosed. Not practicing Friday: CB Jaire Alexander, CB Carrington Valentine, G/T Jordan Morgan.
Zero2Cool (26-Sep) : rude
Mucky Tundra (26-Sep) : RIP Frank Ragnow
Mucky Tundra (26-Sep) : @E_Woodyard #Lions HC Dan Campbell says they're gonna put Frank Ragnow down this week. "We've got to be smart," Campbell said.
bboystyle (25-Sep) : Favre using the pitty card during that hearing for his criminal acts
Zero2Cool (24-Sep) : Former Packers QB Brett Favre recently announced he was diagnosed with Parkinson's.
Zero2Cool (24-Sep) : The only QBs this season with 0 turnover-worthy plays according to PFF (minimum 30 dropbacks) Aaron Rodgers Malik Willis Justin Fields
Mucky Tundra (23-Sep) : @DavidBearmanPFN · 18h Vegas has watched Will Levis for 3 weeks and installed them as a 1-point favorite in Miami next week. Let that sink
Mucky Tundra (23-Sep) : Martha, they did play much better with Dalton yesterday
Zero2Cool (23-Sep) : Test results on Sam Darnold’s knee showed a knee bruise and no structural damage. He is not expected to miss any time.
Martha Careful (23-Sep) : Not with Dalton apparently
Mucky Tundra (23-Sep) : Not sure what to make of the NFC South so far this season (outside of the Panthers being a dumpster fire)
Mucky Tundra (22-Sep) : of course I say that and then they overturn that play that put them on the 49ers 2 yard line
Mucky Tundra (22-Sep) : *without
Mucky Tundra (22-Sep) : Even with Nacua and Kupp out, Rams looking fiesty on offense
Martha Careful (22-Sep) : Tim Boyle is playing for the Dolphins
Martha Careful (22-Sep) : I love seeing Dallas lose
Mucky Tundra (22-Sep) : The Red Rifle is on fire in Las Vegas! 3 TDs in the first half!
Mucky Tundra (22-Sep) : @mattschneidman · 2m The fire alarm is going off inside the Packers locker room here in Nashville.
Mucky Tundra (22-Sep) : Gonna need a drink after looking at my picks for the early games in Pick'em
Zero2Cool (22-Sep) : James Jones. Y’all must not know, Dr. Mackenzie🤣 he was not going to let Jordan love play today.
Zero2Cool (22-Sep) : Malik to start. Love inactive. Per report. Let's go!!
buckeyepackfan (22-Sep) : I think J-10VE will be inactive, a little twist that could be put in is run a wildcat with Wicks at qb. Have him as emergency qb if needed.
Zero2Cool (21-Sep) : I think that's how it works.
Zero2Cool (21-Sep) : I'd go 3 QB regardless this game.
Zero2Cool (21-Sep) : Clifford was elevated, not activated. He doesn't play, it doesn't count.
hardrocker950 (21-Sep) : If Clifford is active, not likely to see Jordan play this weekend
Mucky Tundra (21-Sep) : QB Sean Clifford and CB Robert Rochell elevated from the PS for the Titans game
Zero2Cool (20-Sep) : Love questionable. Morgan is out. Valentine is doubtful
Martha Careful (20-Sep) : Rodgers and Lazard off to a very strong start
Zero2Cool (19-Sep) : Josh Jacobs. Limited.
Zero2Cool (19-Sep) : Can't find anything on Jacobs :(
wpr (19-Sep) : Do you know if they gave Jacobs an extra day off? I hope so.
Zero2Cool (19-Sep) : WR Jayden Reed (calf) and G Elgton Jenkins (illness/glute) returned after sitting out Wednesday.
Zero2Cool (19-Sep) : Packers are in pads and so is Jordan Love. Second straight day of practice for QB1.
bboystyle (18-Sep) : If Love comes back, we win in a blow out
Zero2Cool (18-Sep) : Jordan Love just spoke with reporters and said he’s giving himself the week but hopeful to play Sunday against the Titans.
Zero2Cool (18-Sep) : Practicing is Jordan Love!
Zero2Cool (18-Sep) : Packers are signing WR Cornelius Johnson to the Practice Squad per sources. Johnson was a 7th round pick this year.
Zero2Cool (17-Sep) : Packers placed RB MarShawn Lloyd on injured reserve.
Zero2Cool (16-Sep) : Rams won’t have Cooper Kupp or Puka Nacua when they host the Packers in Week 5.
Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : Or is that the Rusty Red Rifle because of his age?
Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : The Red Rifle Returns!
Zero2Cool (16-Sep) : Panthers are benching former No. 1 overall pick Bryce Young and starting veteran Andy Dalton beginning this week.
Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : bears still have slim chance here
Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : and there's another one!
Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : oh crap macbob has the Texans K and he keeps hitting these long FGs
Mucky Tundra (15-Sep) : Hope the Texans beat the brakes off the Bears
Zero2Cool (15-Sep) : LaFleur: “I asked Malik why he didn’t throw it on that third down and he told me Josh threw up on the ball.”
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2024 Packers Schedule
Friday, Sep 6 @ 7:15 PM
Eagles
Sunday, Sep 15 @ 12:00 PM
COLTS
Sunday, Sep 22 @ 12:00 PM
Titans
Sunday, Sep 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Oct 6 @ 3:25 PM
Rams
Sunday, Oct 13 @ 12:00 PM
CARDINALS
Sunday, Oct 20 @ 12:00 PM
TEXANS
Sunday, Oct 27 @ 12:00 PM
Jaguars
Sunday, Nov 3 @ 3:25 PM
LIONS
Sunday, Nov 17 @ 12:00 PM
Bears
Sunday, Nov 24 @ 3:25 PM
49ERS
Thursday, Nov 28 @ 7:20 PM
DOLPHINS
Thursday, Dec 5 @ 7:15 PM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 15 @ 7:20 PM
Seahawks
Monday, Dec 23 @ 7:15 PM
SAINTS
Sunday, Dec 29 @ 12:00 PM
Vikings
Saturday, Jan 4 @ 11:00 PM
BEARS
Recent Topics
4h / Fantasy Sports Talk / Zero2Cool

5h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

5h / Around The NFL / wpr

12h / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

13h / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

13h / Random Babble / wpr

26-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

25-Sep / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

25-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

25-Sep / GameDay Threads / wpr

24-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

23-Sep / Around The NFL / Martha Careful

23-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

23-Sep / Featured Content / Zero2Cool

23-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.