Zero2Cool
13 years ago
Sep 14, 2008 - the phenomenon with that date is because of the gameday chat and how I mistakenly opened it up to the whole damn world. We had a LOT of registers during that two week or so period. if I were to do that again, we'd see another huge ass increase, hence, why I haven't, among another reason. :P

Good thread, carry on, just had to get that out there. 🙂
UserPostedImage
Greg C.
13 years ago

Personally.. I didn't think Bush had horrible coverage on that TD catch.. more it was a nicely placed throw into a hole in the coverage.. I guess I may have to watch it again.

"Zero2Cool" wrote:

That's what I was thinking. There was a small window there and Vick drilled it through. Not much you can do to stop a well timed and placed ball.

If it was on Woodson, comments would be drastically different, I think.

"Pack93z" wrote:

I'm with you guys about halfway on this one. It was not an awful play by Bush, but on the other hand, he is a guy who simply cannot cover a lot of space because of his lack of ball skills. It is no coincidence that the Eagles scored their only TD on Bush Island, rather than Tramon Island, Woodson Island, or Shields Island.

I do think that Vick played an excellent game, though, with his only major mistake coming on that last throw. The Packers did everything they could to force or bait him into bad decisions, and until that play, he did not take the bait.
blank
Zero2Cool
13 years ago
Bush Island? More like Bush Continent!
UserPostedImage
RashaanSalaami
13 years ago

Im wondering why bush still plays coverage ... I seem to recall many games that he blows the coverage ... was it even the play off game last year?

whats he playing anyways safety? or corner? ...

"Dulak" wrote:

He's our dime corner I believe. It's been going back and forth between Lee and Bush this year. We also tend to use a decent amount of 3 safety sets when Bigby is healthy and we get to our 6 DB packages.

Personally.. I didn't think Bush had horrible coverage on that TD catch.. more it was a nicely placed throw into a hole in the coverage.. I guess I may have to watch it again.

"Pack93z" wrote:

It was certainly a good throw, but he had loose coverage and any of our other 3 corners would have at the very least broken up the pass. He's clearly the weak link on defense when he's out there, but dime corners don't often see a ton of time.

"Zero2Cool" wrote:

That's what I was thinking. There was a small window there and Vick drilled it through. Not much you can do to stop a well timed and placed ball.

"Pack93z" wrote:

Woodson would only be that far off if he had slipped (which wouldn't be that surprising this year).

Thanks for the username change!
blank
RashaanSalaami
13 years ago

Wow, RashaanSalaami is yet another September 14, 2008 member. There sure are a lot of us. That was a red-letter day for this forum.

"Rockmolder" wrote:

Right you are. This is a red letter day, we'll inaugurate the new teleport with a double transmission.

"Nonstopdrivel" wrote:

+1 and complete nerdness to the one who knows where that comes from without googling.

14 september. The day we all jumped to PackersHome to register, because Z2C would take away the precious to non-registered members.

if this shows anything, it's that we should put Raji in coverage more. The 1 on 1 he had a week ago was certainly a testament to that.

Raji's "target" came on his batted ball at the line. We did see Cullen Jenkins drop into coverage against Philly though. :icon_smile:

"Greg C." wrote:

"Zero2Cool" wrote:

I'm with you guys about halfway on this one. It was not an awful play by Bush, but on the other hand, he is a guy who simply cannot cover a lot of space because of his lack of ball skills. It is no coincidence that the Eagles scored their only TD on Bush Island, rather than Tramon Island, Woodson Island, or Shields Island.

I do think that Vick played an excellent game, though, with his only major mistake coming on that last throw. The Packers did everything they could to force or bait him into bad decisions, and until that play, he did not take the bait.

"Pack93z" wrote:

You nailed it. Bush isn't all that bad in coverage. I can't remember a play where he's gotten flat out burned, but he has no ball skills whatsoever. That's what's preventing him from being our nickel or even starting corner. The physical tools are still there. Sam Shields has great ball skills and instincts and that's why I loved him in college and loved the pick up. Didn't think he'd be nearly this good though.
blank
Pack93z
13 years ago
Bush didn't get beat because of ball skills.. he bit on a inside move and gave up a little space.. we had 2 deep coverage on the play.. his read more than likely was to take away the under and roll Avant over to the safeties..

To me.. that has nothing to do with ball skills.. more so that he bit on the inside move and trailed a bit too deep. But again.. watch the play again.. Avant's route attacked the middle of the deep safeties and got loose from Bush with a solid route movement.. I am sure the Eagles seen the split in the safeties on film and attacked that area.

Could be that Bush was instructed that he had to cover the crosser because the backers were going to stay tight to the LOS.. to spy on Vick on a potential scramble.

If Bush doesn't respect the crossing route.. and Avant takes it.. there is no one on the play to stop it.. hence why I believe Bush jumped the route a bit hard, got caught a bit flat footed but relied on safety help over the top.

IMO a well designed play against man across with 2 safeties deep.

UserPostedImage

The circle should extend off the screen on this shot.. but I am lazy and not going to redo it.. lol.

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

From about 3:11 on..

[youtube]yI5AwLYLVjw[/youtube]

This is why I challenge some of the responsibility calls we try to make.. we don't know for sure what the responsibilities on the play for the safeties are.. IMO.. on this play.. the 2 deeps should be reading the under man coverages and the QB's eyes.. IMO you can make just as big of an argument that the safeties are late verse Bush's fault on this play.
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
Greg C.
13 years ago
Excellent breakdown as usual, Pack. I agree that Bush's lack of ball skills did not come into play there. But I do think that is his biggest shortcoming as a DB.

With that play, mostly you just have to tip your cap to the Eagles for a well-designed play that was executed perfectly by some very talented players.
blank
Dulak
13 years ago
nice analysis pack93
Rockmolder
13 years ago

Wow, RashaanSalaami is yet another September 14, 2008 member. There sure are a lot of us. That was a red-letter day for this forum.

"RashaanSalaami" wrote:

Right you are. This is a red letter day, we'll inaugurate the new teleport with a double transmission.

"Rockmolder" wrote:

+1 and complete nerdness to the one who knows where that comes from without googling.

14 september. The day we all jumped to PackersHome to register, because Z2C would take away the precious to non-registered members.

if this shows anything, it's that we should put Raji in coverage more. The 1 on 1 he had a week ago was certainly a testament to that.

"Nonstopdrivel" wrote:

Raji's "target" came on his batted ball at the line. We did see Cullen Jenkins drop into coverage against Philly though. :icon_smile:

Ah, of course.

I said Raji here and tweeted Wilson during the game. I was off on both, then. Lol.

http://twitter.com/# !/Rockmolder/status/21699679615975424
RashaanSalaami
13 years ago

Excellent breakdown as usual, Pack. I agree that Bush's lack of ball skills did not come into play there. But I do think that is his biggest shortcoming as a DB.

With that play, mostly you just have to tip your cap to the Eagles for a well-designed play that was executed perfectly by some very talented players.

"Greg C." wrote:

Yup, the reference to ball skills was not based on that play.

That's a terrific breakdown Pack93z! It's the type of posts I was hoping this type of thread would generate.
blank
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (1h) : Packers Final Injury Report: Jordan Love questionable vs. Vikings
Zero2Cool (3h) : We are hosed. Not practicing Friday: CB Jaire Alexander, CB Carrington Valentine, G/T Jordan Morgan.
Zero2Cool (26-Sep) : rude
Mucky Tundra (26-Sep) : RIP Frank Ragnow
Mucky Tundra (26-Sep) : @E_Woodyard #Lions HC Dan Campbell says they're gonna put Frank Ragnow down this week. "We've got to be smart," Campbell said.
bboystyle (25-Sep) : Favre using the pitty card during that hearing for his criminal acts
Zero2Cool (24-Sep) : Former Packers QB Brett Favre recently announced he was diagnosed with Parkinson's.
Zero2Cool (24-Sep) : The only QBs this season with 0 turnover-worthy plays according to PFF (minimum 30 dropbacks) Aaron Rodgers Malik Willis Justin Fields
Mucky Tundra (23-Sep) : @DavidBearmanPFN · 18h Vegas has watched Will Levis for 3 weeks and installed them as a 1-point favorite in Miami next week. Let that sink
Mucky Tundra (23-Sep) : Martha, they did play much better with Dalton yesterday
Zero2Cool (23-Sep) : Test results on Sam Darnold’s knee showed a knee bruise and no structural damage. He is not expected to miss any time.
Martha Careful (23-Sep) : Not with Dalton apparently
Mucky Tundra (23-Sep) : Not sure what to make of the NFC South so far this season (outside of the Panthers being a dumpster fire)
Mucky Tundra (22-Sep) : of course I say that and then they overturn that play that put them on the 49ers 2 yard line
Mucky Tundra (22-Sep) : *without
Mucky Tundra (22-Sep) : Even with Nacua and Kupp out, Rams looking fiesty on offense
Martha Careful (22-Sep) : Tim Boyle is playing for the Dolphins
Martha Careful (22-Sep) : I love seeing Dallas lose
Mucky Tundra (22-Sep) : The Red Rifle is on fire in Las Vegas! 3 TDs in the first half!
Mucky Tundra (22-Sep) : @mattschneidman · 2m The fire alarm is going off inside the Packers locker room here in Nashville.
Mucky Tundra (22-Sep) : Gonna need a drink after looking at my picks for the early games in Pick'em
Zero2Cool (22-Sep) : James Jones. Y’all must not know, Dr. Mackenzie🤣 he was not going to let Jordan love play today.
Zero2Cool (22-Sep) : Malik to start. Love inactive. Per report. Let's go!!
buckeyepackfan (22-Sep) : I think J-10VE will be inactive, a little twist that could be put in is run a wildcat with Wicks at qb. Have him as emergency qb if needed.
Zero2Cool (21-Sep) : I think that's how it works.
Zero2Cool (21-Sep) : I'd go 3 QB regardless this game.
Zero2Cool (21-Sep) : Clifford was elevated, not activated. He doesn't play, it doesn't count.
hardrocker950 (21-Sep) : If Clifford is active, not likely to see Jordan play this weekend
Mucky Tundra (21-Sep) : QB Sean Clifford and CB Robert Rochell elevated from the PS for the Titans game
Zero2Cool (20-Sep) : Love questionable. Morgan is out. Valentine is doubtful
Martha Careful (20-Sep) : Rodgers and Lazard off to a very strong start
Zero2Cool (19-Sep) : Josh Jacobs. Limited.
Zero2Cool (19-Sep) : Can't find anything on Jacobs :(
wpr (19-Sep) : Do you know if they gave Jacobs an extra day off? I hope so.
Zero2Cool (19-Sep) : WR Jayden Reed (calf) and G Elgton Jenkins (illness/glute) returned after sitting out Wednesday.
Zero2Cool (19-Sep) : Packers are in pads and so is Jordan Love. Second straight day of practice for QB1.
bboystyle (18-Sep) : If Love comes back, we win in a blow out
Zero2Cool (18-Sep) : Jordan Love just spoke with reporters and said he’s giving himself the week but hopeful to play Sunday against the Titans.
Zero2Cool (18-Sep) : Practicing is Jordan Love!
Zero2Cool (18-Sep) : Packers are signing WR Cornelius Johnson to the Practice Squad per sources. Johnson was a 7th round pick this year.
Zero2Cool (17-Sep) : Packers placed RB MarShawn Lloyd on injured reserve.
Zero2Cool (16-Sep) : Rams won’t have Cooper Kupp or Puka Nacua when they host the Packers in Week 5.
Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : Or is that the Rusty Red Rifle because of his age?
Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : The Red Rifle Returns!
Zero2Cool (16-Sep) : Panthers are benching former No. 1 overall pick Bryce Young and starting veteran Andy Dalton beginning this week.
Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : bears still have slim chance here
Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : and there's another one!
Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : oh crap macbob has the Texans K and he keeps hitting these long FGs
Mucky Tundra (15-Sep) : Hope the Texans beat the brakes off the Bears
Zero2Cool (15-Sep) : LaFleur: “I asked Malik why he didn’t throw it on that third down and he told me Josh threw up on the ball.”
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2024 Packers Schedule
Friday, Sep 6 @ 7:15 PM
Eagles
Sunday, Sep 15 @ 12:00 PM
COLTS
Sunday, Sep 22 @ 12:00 PM
Titans
Sunday, Sep 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Oct 6 @ 3:25 PM
Rams
Sunday, Oct 13 @ 12:00 PM
CARDINALS
Sunday, Oct 20 @ 12:00 PM
TEXANS
Sunday, Oct 27 @ 12:00 PM
Jaguars
Sunday, Nov 3 @ 3:25 PM
LIONS
Sunday, Nov 17 @ 12:00 PM
Bears
Sunday, Nov 24 @ 3:25 PM
49ERS
Thursday, Nov 28 @ 7:20 PM
DOLPHINS
Thursday, Dec 5 @ 7:15 PM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 15 @ 7:20 PM
Seahawks
Monday, Dec 23 @ 7:15 PM
SAINTS
Sunday, Dec 29 @ 12:00 PM
Vikings
Saturday, Jan 4 @ 11:00 PM
BEARS
Recent Topics
28m / Around The NFL / Mucky Tundra

1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

7h / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

7h / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

7h / Random Babble / wpr

26-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

25-Sep / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

25-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

25-Sep / GameDay Threads / wpr

24-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

23-Sep / Around The NFL / Martha Careful

23-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

23-Sep / Featured Content / Zero2Cool

23-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

23-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.