tromadz
15 years ago

Should be an interesting game. The Titans have only allowed one TD pass this year - that's very impressive.

"bigfog" wrote:

I can hear Greg and Donald shaking in their boots from here!

No, but that IS an impressive stat. Ryan Grant better be ready to work, which he seems to be. McCarthy will have no problem rushing his ass 30+ times.
DGB454
15 years ago

i havent seen them play so not to sure..

however who have they beat ( I like using that line----we have heard it this year for the Packers)

other than jax they havent played anyone notable

"longtimefan" wrote:

I agree. They only faced one noteable team so far. I think Indy will beat them up pretty good this coming week. Indy is going into this game in a must win situation after last Sundays stomping by the Packers. Indy has the talent and ability but just needs to get it together.

We are just beginning to see what the Packers can do (even beat up). Wait till after the bye when more guys are healthy. I think we begin ripping through teams after the bye. With Aarons arm getting better and the talent in our receiving line up (not to mention Grant is getting a little better each week) We will be hard to beat. As long as our lines step up and play well the Packers will be a force to be feared.

We can definitely beat the Titans.
bozz_2006
15 years ago
I hope Harrell can contribute during the Titans game... but as long as our offense is able to stay on the field, like against Indy, we should be good.
UserPostedImage
beast
15 years ago
I think so...

I don't think per-season games mean a lot but you might remember in the 4th game for the Packers, the Packers played their back-ups for the whole game and the Titans played their starters for most of the game and the Packers did well on the field because the Titans OL couldn't move the Packers DL and the LB were making great plays.

I think it'll help a lot if Bigby is back for this game. I might go to a move of a 4-4 look for this game with the SS or Chillar as the 4th LB. (I say Chillar because I think Poppinga, Barnett and Hawk will be the starters for this game.)

The Packers back-ups didn't move the back against the Titans starters really but I think the Packers starter could make a couple of good drives.

A note, their are four players with 4 INT. Of those four players they come from two teams. Those teams are the Packers and the Titans. I think the Packers pick are because the DB are that good. I think think the Titans picks are because the Titans DL has been putting a lot of pressure on the QBs and the QB are rushing them selfs to get the ball off and making mistakes. I'm not sure Rodgers will make those same mistakes.
UserPostedImage
gbpfan
15 years ago
i say a win grant jackson whynn r.b we have talented w.r core good t.e and if the front protect the q.b like they did against indy,and some pointed out they stay on the field longer which i think they can do then the d-line again they were tough against indy so as a whole and the rest a win for the pack :icon_smile:
TengoJuego
15 years ago
I have to say, after the way we played against Indy's ELITE WR core, I think we can beat anyone. Our Run D(although against a poor RB in Rhodes) played like the run D of the yesteryear.

Johnson and White are the prototypical duo, Thunder & Lightning. It will be a load to stop, but I think we can do it. Great tackling, pests in the secondary.

I just hope the bye week doesn't effect our mindset.
beast
15 years ago

I have to say, after the way we played against Indy's ELITE WR core, I think we can beat anyone. Our Run D(although against a poor RB in Rhodes) played like the run D of the yesteryear.

Johnson and White are the prototypical duo, Thunder & Lightning. It will be a load to stop, but I think we can do it. Great tackling, pests in the secondary.

"TengoJuego" wrote:

That reminds me, it may take a CB to cover Johnson out of the back field. When he comes into the game go to a nickel and put Williams or Blackmon on him.

I doubt that will happen but I would rather have some physical guy that cna cover him. Maybe Rouse or Chillar could do it as well. But I just like the crazy idea of putting a CB on him and that seem to be a positions where we have a lot of depth.

Heck Pat Lee is very physical and is decent covering WR why not let him on Johnson.
UserPostedImage
ILikeThePackers39
15 years ago
Obviously, a lot depends on whether we show up. I think our OL will be critical for this one, so they had better damn well be ready to play their best game. I don't see us running for a lot of yardage, but if the OL can protect I think Rodgers and the WRs can do enough damage to get the job done.

On D, I'm definitely hoping we get at LEAST Bigby and Harrell out there on the field, because we'll need both for stopping the run. I'd love to see Al out there, but if he can't make it I'm confident that the rest of the guys can handle Tennessee's wideouts.

We've certainly got the team to get the job done, and they proved against Indy that if they're on their game they can play at a very high level (as far as Rhodes, he's not a poor RB and he did a fine job against Baltimore's D the week prior -- our D manned up and handled their run game, it's as simple as that). If they can put that kind of effort and execution out on the field against the Titans, I'm very confident that they can get it done.
blank
Packnic
15 years ago
Tennessee will be coming off a short week. They play an Indy team looking to bounce back on Monday Night Football. hopefully with them dog fighting on short rest we can come in and beat them refreshed and well prepared.

Luckily like said above, pass rush (right now our weak spot IMO) won't be much of an issue. You could rush Kerry Collins with 4 players 10 years ago and sack him. Now its even worse, so the passing game will be mute i think. and with our cover guys being so damn good we will be able to stack the box with LBs and safeties to prevent the run game from damaging us too bad.

I think we got a good shot. I hope Tennessee beats Indy, so that we can say we knocked off the last remaining undefeated.
blank
obi1
15 years ago

"TengoJuego" wrote:

That is a very good point. Coming off of the best win in a long time, we need to stay focused and I am wondering if the bye week won't be a distraction. Sometimes you need a bye week, others you need to keep playing even with injuries because you are rolling...
blank
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (59m) : Packers Final Injury Report: Jordan Love questionable vs. Vikings
Zero2Cool (3h) : We are hosed. Not practicing Friday: CB Jaire Alexander, CB Carrington Valentine, G/T Jordan Morgan.
Zero2Cool (26-Sep) : rude
Mucky Tundra (26-Sep) : RIP Frank Ragnow
Mucky Tundra (26-Sep) : @E_Woodyard #Lions HC Dan Campbell says they're gonna put Frank Ragnow down this week. "We've got to be smart," Campbell said.
bboystyle (25-Sep) : Favre using the pitty card during that hearing for his criminal acts
Zero2Cool (24-Sep) : Former Packers QB Brett Favre recently announced he was diagnosed with Parkinson's.
Zero2Cool (24-Sep) : The only QBs this season with 0 turnover-worthy plays according to PFF (minimum 30 dropbacks) Aaron Rodgers Malik Willis Justin Fields
Mucky Tundra (23-Sep) : @DavidBearmanPFN · 18h Vegas has watched Will Levis for 3 weeks and installed them as a 1-point favorite in Miami next week. Let that sink
Mucky Tundra (23-Sep) : Martha, they did play much better with Dalton yesterday
Zero2Cool (23-Sep) : Test results on Sam Darnold’s knee showed a knee bruise and no structural damage. He is not expected to miss any time.
Martha Careful (23-Sep) : Not with Dalton apparently
Mucky Tundra (23-Sep) : Not sure what to make of the NFC South so far this season (outside of the Panthers being a dumpster fire)
Mucky Tundra (22-Sep) : of course I say that and then they overturn that play that put them on the 49ers 2 yard line
Mucky Tundra (22-Sep) : *without
Mucky Tundra (22-Sep) : Even with Nacua and Kupp out, Rams looking fiesty on offense
Martha Careful (22-Sep) : Tim Boyle is playing for the Dolphins
Martha Careful (22-Sep) : I love seeing Dallas lose
Mucky Tundra (22-Sep) : The Red Rifle is on fire in Las Vegas! 3 TDs in the first half!
Mucky Tundra (22-Sep) : @mattschneidman · 2m The fire alarm is going off inside the Packers locker room here in Nashville.
Mucky Tundra (22-Sep) : Gonna need a drink after looking at my picks for the early games in Pick'em
Zero2Cool (22-Sep) : James Jones. Y’all must not know, Dr. Mackenzie🤣 he was not going to let Jordan love play today.
Zero2Cool (22-Sep) : Malik to start. Love inactive. Per report. Let's go!!
buckeyepackfan (22-Sep) : I think J-10VE will be inactive, a little twist that could be put in is run a wildcat with Wicks at qb. Have him as emergency qb if needed.
Zero2Cool (21-Sep) : I think that's how it works.
Zero2Cool (21-Sep) : I'd go 3 QB regardless this game.
Zero2Cool (21-Sep) : Clifford was elevated, not activated. He doesn't play, it doesn't count.
hardrocker950 (21-Sep) : If Clifford is active, not likely to see Jordan play this weekend
Mucky Tundra (21-Sep) : QB Sean Clifford and CB Robert Rochell elevated from the PS for the Titans game
Zero2Cool (20-Sep) : Love questionable. Morgan is out. Valentine is doubtful
Martha Careful (20-Sep) : Rodgers and Lazard off to a very strong start
Zero2Cool (19-Sep) : Josh Jacobs. Limited.
Zero2Cool (19-Sep) : Can't find anything on Jacobs :(
wpr (19-Sep) : Do you know if they gave Jacobs an extra day off? I hope so.
Zero2Cool (19-Sep) : WR Jayden Reed (calf) and G Elgton Jenkins (illness/glute) returned after sitting out Wednesday.
Zero2Cool (19-Sep) : Packers are in pads and so is Jordan Love. Second straight day of practice for QB1.
bboystyle (18-Sep) : If Love comes back, we win in a blow out
Zero2Cool (18-Sep) : Jordan Love just spoke with reporters and said he’s giving himself the week but hopeful to play Sunday against the Titans.
Zero2Cool (18-Sep) : Practicing is Jordan Love!
Zero2Cool (18-Sep) : Packers are signing WR Cornelius Johnson to the Practice Squad per sources. Johnson was a 7th round pick this year.
Zero2Cool (17-Sep) : Packers placed RB MarShawn Lloyd on injured reserve.
Zero2Cool (16-Sep) : Rams won’t have Cooper Kupp or Puka Nacua when they host the Packers in Week 5.
Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : Or is that the Rusty Red Rifle because of his age?
Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : The Red Rifle Returns!
Zero2Cool (16-Sep) : Panthers are benching former No. 1 overall pick Bryce Young and starting veteran Andy Dalton beginning this week.
Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : bears still have slim chance here
Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : and there's another one!
Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : oh crap macbob has the Texans K and he keeps hitting these long FGs
Mucky Tundra (15-Sep) : Hope the Texans beat the brakes off the Bears
Zero2Cool (15-Sep) : LaFleur: “I asked Malik why he didn’t throw it on that third down and he told me Josh threw up on the ball.”
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2024 Packers Schedule
Friday, Sep 6 @ 7:15 PM
Eagles
Sunday, Sep 15 @ 12:00 PM
COLTS
Sunday, Sep 22 @ 12:00 PM
Titans
Sunday, Sep 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Oct 6 @ 3:25 PM
Rams
Sunday, Oct 13 @ 12:00 PM
CARDINALS
Sunday, Oct 20 @ 12:00 PM
TEXANS
Sunday, Oct 27 @ 12:00 PM
Jaguars
Sunday, Nov 3 @ 3:25 PM
LIONS
Sunday, Nov 17 @ 12:00 PM
Bears
Sunday, Nov 24 @ 3:25 PM
49ERS
Thursday, Nov 28 @ 7:20 PM
DOLPHINS
Thursday, Dec 5 @ 7:15 PM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 15 @ 7:20 PM
Seahawks
Monday, Dec 23 @ 7:15 PM
SAINTS
Sunday, Dec 29 @ 12:00 PM
Vikings
Saturday, Jan 4 @ 11:00 PM
BEARS
Recent Topics
25m / Around The NFL / Mucky Tundra

1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

7h / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

7h / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

7h / Random Babble / wpr

26-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

25-Sep / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

25-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

25-Sep / GameDay Threads / wpr

24-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

23-Sep / Around The NFL / Martha Careful

23-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

23-Sep / Featured Content / Zero2Cool

23-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

23-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.