eap33
  • eap33
  • Registered Topic Starter
14 years ago
This got me excited and I'd thought I'd share it!

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/NFL-predictions-2010-season-preview-Adam-Schein 

Updated Sep 7, 2010 1:00 PM ET
Ah, theres nothing like putting your neck on the line.

Last year was my best year here on FOXSports.com for picking playoff teams. Of course, one of my bold picks was that Indy, with the retirement of a Hall of Fame coach, would take a step back. About that

I predict history this year first time since realignment that three teams will make the playoffs from the same division in both conferences.

Cue up the Cowboys fans, point Steelers Nation in my direction, bear it, Chicago, and fire up the Vikings message boards.

Its our sixth annual preseason predictions here on FOXSports.com (with a Schein Nine for each division).

NFC EAST

Giants 10-6
Redskins 10-6 (wild card)
Eagles 9-7 (wild card)
Cowboys 8-8

1. Mike Shanahan, Kyle Shanahan, Bruce Allen and Donovan McNabb replace a quarterbacks coach masquerading as a head coach, a bingo caller, a talk-show host pretending to be a general manager and a quarterback who was destined to fail with a new system every year. Thats progress.

2. Dont underestimate how much better the Redskins are at offensive tackle.

3. Before the Cowboys fan base fires off nasty tweets to my Twitter account (twitter.com/AdamSchein), go through the schedule. Look at your tackle position. Look at safety. Remember how you historically handle expectations. I debated eight or nine wins.

4. The Cowboys clearly have the worst head coach in the division.

5. Philadelphias defense will be much better with a healthy Stewart Bradley, the addition of Ernie Sims, draft picks Brandon Graham and Nate Allen and a full calendar of Sean McDermott running the defense.

6. New Giants defensive coordinator Perry Fewell is energetic, aggressive, and demands accountability. He is the anti-Bill Sheridan and instantly makes the Giants better.

7. The upside of Antrel Rolle and a healthy Kenny Phillips is to be the best safety combo in the NFC.

8. Donovan McNabb will have a better year than Kevin Kolb.

9. Expect Kevin Kolb to have a very good first year, DeSean Jackson to become a star and both Jeremy Maclin and LeSean McCoy to break out. My only hesitation for Philly is the interior of the offensive line.

NFC NORTH
Packers 12-4
Vikings 7-9
Bears 6-10
Lions 6-10

1. Vikings fans are going to be livid! Thats fine. Look at the defensive gurus Brett Favre faces in the first half: Gregg Williams, Mike Nolan, Rex Ryan, Bill Belichick and Dom Capers are in the group. Not a good recipe for success for a grandpa at quarterback coming off surgery, sans his best receiver in Sidney Rice.

2. Mike Martz says he is committed to the run. If you believe that, I have an island to sell you in the Caribbean.

2010 NFL TEAM PREVIEWS
Gearing up for the NFL season?
Get our inside team previews for 2010.

NFC East: DAL | NYG | PHI | WAS
AFC East: BUF | MIA | NE | NYJ
NFC North: CHI | DET | GB | MIN
AFC North: BAL | CIN | CLE | PIT
NFC South: ATL | CAR | NO | TB
AFC South: HOU | IND | JAC | TEN
NFC West: ARI | STL | SF | SEA
AFC West: DEN | KC | OAK | SD
3. The Green Bay Packers will have the best offense in the NFL. Aaron Rodgers will win MVP. Jermichael Finley will make you a genius in your fantasy league.

4. Mike McCarthy told me this was the best offseason program the Packers have had since hes been there. And the commitment and crispness has continued into August.

5. Im not worried about the Packers' O-line. Bryan Bulaga stabilizes the unit. And Aaron Rodgers says he takes responsibility for several sacks and he has learned how to get rid of the ball quicker.

6. Green Bays special teams scare me on every level. McCarthy says the coverage will be cleaned up with an emphasis on eliminating holding penalties. Well see.

7. The Lions are the second-most improved team in the NFC. Jahvid Best will be in the mix for Offensive Rookie of the Year.

8. Matthew Stafford and Calvin Johnson will combine on several majestic plays. And they better. While Detroit truly improved its front four on defense, the back seven is shaky, to put it nicely.

9. The return of E.J. Henderson is a big deal for the Vikings defense. Leslie Frazier deserves to be an NFL head coach. Wonder if the Bears will call at the end of the year?

NFC SOUTH
Saints 12-4
Falcons 9-7
Panthers 7-9
Bucs 3-13

1. Michael Turner told me this offseason that he blamed himself for Atlantas not making the playoffs. He lost weight and is prime to get back to his 2008 form.

2. The Falcons defense scares me on every level. The health and productivity of Peria Jerry really frightens me.

3. Atlanta was a tough final omission for the playoffs. The quarterback is destined to be a star. Mike Smith is an excellent head coach.

4. Saints general manager Mickey Loomis told me his group of linebackers for 2010 is akin to his running backs last year. Loomis said: Everyone a year ago thought we needed more at running back. Now everyone thinks we need help at linebacker. I didnt think that was the case then. I dont think thats the case now.

5. I think the leadership of Drew Brees, Jon Vilma, Sean Payton and Gregg Williams will pave the way into the uncharted waters of being the defending Super Bowl champs. New Orleans rightly celebrated hard in the offseason. I think the Saints are ready for 2010.

6. I dont like Carolinas depth at receiver or on defense.

COACHES ON HOT SEAT
The NFL's a tough, no-nonsense business, and many head coaches face 2010 with their jobs on the line.
7. I really like John Fox as a head coach, but I think he is doomed.

8. Im rooting for Matt Moore. I think he earned the job in Carolina. But we will see Jimmy Clausen before we should.

9. The Bucs are paper-thin on every level, starting with the head coach and staff. The Josh Freeman injury doesnt help matters.

NFC WEST
Cardinals 9-7
49ers 8-8
Seahawks 6-10
Rams 1-15

1. I considered 0-16 for the Rams after the Donnie Avery injury. But Im in a good mood and an optimist by nature.

2. I think I get credit for the Cards as a sleeper pick at this stage.

3. Arizona doesnt have a top 32 quarterback in the NFL. But I love Beanie Wells as a breakout star. And the rookies will help this club in every phase. The Cards do an excellent job of drafting and nurturing players.

4. Ken Whisenhunt is the best head coach in the division. His staff is underrated.

5. I have a total man-crush on Patrick Willis, my Defensive Player of the Year. And the Niners will have a top 10 defense. But will they make enough game-changing plays?

6. Who is Alex Smith? I still have no idea.

7. Give Seattle another year to rebuild an underrated mess. In Pete Carroll, John Schneider and Scot McCloughan, they have the right guys to turn it around for 2011.

8. If Charlie Whitehurst is the answer, Id love to know the question. Even Norv Turner acknowledged to me he got a kick out of my radio rant wondering why Seattle would make the trade.

9. Leon Washington will get back to the form he showed with the Jets.

AFC EAST
Jets 11-5
Patriots 10-6 (wild card)
Dolphins 10-6 (wild card)
Bills 3-13

NEW AND IMPROVED
New: Draft Rooms
New: Mock Drafts
100% FREE
Create or Join a League Today!
1. I usually get ripped for thinking the Bills always have a chance. Not the case this year. I dont like the choice for head coach. I dont love the staff. Im concerned about the offensive line. I think the quarterback is talented but suffers from a lack of confidence.

2. But Buffalo did do one thing right in drafting C.J. Spiller, my pick for Offensive Rookie of the Year.

3. The Dolphins defense is vastly improved with Mike Nolan taking over, and the club added Karlos Dansby, Koa Misi and Jared Odrick. The second-year cornerbacks will play even better.

4. Chad Henne is going to surprise you with how many yards he throws for this year. Brandon Marshall changes everything.

5. The Patriots have no running attack. And Logan Mankins is certainly stubborn enough to hold out for an entire season. But Tom Brady is flat-out amazing. Wes Welker is healthy. I like the young tight ends.

6. The Patriots will be much better than you think. I like the young defensive backs. I love a healthy Jerod Mayo.

7. Even if Darrelle Revis didnt play a down, the Jets defense would still lead them to wins. Antonio Cromartie needed a change of scenery. Rex Ryan and Mike Pettine do a great job. But the Calvin Pace injury is a big deal. Ryan and Pettine love this cat. Pace is an underrated pass rusher.

8. Mark Sanchez spent time this offseason working with my radio co-host Rich Gannon. The two big areas Sanchez needs to improve? Third-down and fourth-quarter efficiency.

9. I think LaDainian Tomlinson bounces back in a major way.

AFC NORTH
Ravens 12-4
Bengals 9-7
Steelers 8-8
Browns 3-13

1. Some people are high on the Browns. Take a look at the schedule from Weeks 3-17. I just dont get the optimism, until Jon Gruden or Mike Holmgren take over for Eric Mangini next year.

2. I have the Steelers going 1-3 without Ben Roethlisberger. Two wins in the first quarter of the season, max.

3. I really have a lot of concerns about Pittsburghs offensive line without Willie Colon, passing attack without Santonio Holmes and the special teams.

NFL BREAKOUT PLAYERS
Looking for a new jersey to sport? Peter Schrager got your breakout players for 2010 -- one for every team.
4. Why would I trust T.O. to be on good behavior all year long?

5. The Bengals fascinate me. But the mega-egos scare me. I still love Carson Palmer. The Bengals' corners are underrated. Mike Zimmer is an excellent coordinator on defense.

6. Joe Flacco, Anquan Boldin and the Ravens' passing attack will thrive.

7. Ray Rice, Michael Oher and the Ravens' running attack will dominate.

8. Ed Reeds health and happiness have me very concerned. The secondary is weak by Baltimores standards. But I trust the front seven. John Harbaugh and his staff do a great job.

9. Manginis being on thin ice is documented. But could Marvin Lewis leave on his own accord? Will Bruce Arians survive another non-playoff year as Steelers offensive coordinator?

AFC SOUTH
Colts 13-3
Texans 9-7
Titans 8-8
Jaguars 7-9

1. I made the mistake last year of overanalyzing how a bad running attack and coaching changes could affect the Colts. Ill never do that again, as long as Peyton Manning is under center.

2. Losing Brian Cushing for four games takes a huge bite out of the Texans defense.

3. Im sorry. I still dont trust Vince Young. And I dont like the Tennessee passing attack.

4. I call the Jaguars Americas team because they consistently finish at the bottom of the Harris Interactive Poll for popularity. Its a fun shtick on my FOXSports.com videos and on Sirius NFL Radio. Thats why Maurice Jones-Drew signed Adam Schefters bus Americas team this summer. Deal with it, Dallas. Its funny.

5. Can David Garrard steer a team to the playoffs and take them to the next level? I have my doubts. Based on their offseason comments, so do coach Jack Del Rio and owner Wayne Weaver.

6. If the Jags struggle and fail to sell seats, with a work stoppage looming, this could equal damage beyond repair for football in Jacksonville.

7. A healthy Bob Sanders changes everything for the Colts defense.

8. Texans WR Andre Johnson is my Offensive Player of the Year.

9. I acknowledge the upside of a Jeff Fisher-coached team is always the playoffs, regardless of the makeup of the roster. But I just dont see it.

AFC WEST
Chargers 10-6
Raiders 7-9
Chiefs 7-9
Broncos 6-10

1. Denver just cannot survive the loss of its best player on defense, star linebacker Elvis Dumervil.

2. San Diego wont have a classic regular season with the Vincent Jackson and Marcus McNeill holdouts looming large as distractions and hurting on game day.

NFL ON FOX ALL-ACCESS
Get an exclusive pass to the full interview between Pam Oliver and the trio of Broncos QBs: Kyle Orton, Tim Tebow and Brady Quinn.
3. New offensive coordinator Hue Jackson and new quarterback Jason Campbell will make the Raiders offense respectable and credible for the first time in years.

4. Ryan Mathews is a lock for 1,200 yards playing for Norv Turner.

5. Thomas Jones and Dexter McCluster will make an impact for Kansas City on offense. The Chiefs defense holds them back.

6. For the first time in forever, the Raiders will beat the Chargers in a regular-season game.

7. Dont be surprised if the all-star coaching staff in Kansas City gets this team closer to eight wins. I just didnt have the guts to pull the trigger.

8. Tim Tebow will play more than you expect.

9. The hot seat for Josh McDaniels will be boiling by the conclusion of the season.

AFC title game: Indy over Baltimore

NFC title game: Green Bay over New Orleans

Super Bowl: Green Bay over Indy

NorCal Packer Backer.
musccy
14 years ago
Only read NFC East/North because he lost a lot of credibility with me early in the article.
- I hate the cowboys, but 7-9 just because they're weak at 2 positions?!?
- He says the vikes will struggle because they face defensive gurus like Capers...I like Capers but hasn't he only won 1 or 2 games v Burt?

I like the Packer optomism and pick for the SB, but I trust his analysis like I trust politicians
Tezzy
14 years ago
Yeah, this may have been the worst predicitons I have seen from any person.

Best quote from the comments. "Schein's mind is a direct result of cooking the meth wrong"
On top of every beard grows a man.
"The Bears are shell-shocked... and it's breaking my heart."
bozz_2006
14 years ago
Well i suppose the best way to stick out and get your name mentioned among a seriously saturated NFL media is to make your predictions as off the wall as you can, or have a toddler make your picks for you... I can't decide which route he took.
UserPostedImage
Tezzy
14 years ago
His division winners aren't bad picks I suppose. Though I can't understand the Cowboys being third in the east, second at worst imho. It's the fact that over half the divisions he has them being won by at least 3 games. That means that by week 15 half the league won't be playing for anything, I just hope he isn't right, that would be bad football.
LambeauEast
14 years ago
Yeah, Schein is one of the worst broadcasters I've ever heard, and well, his prognosticating isn't much better from what I can see.

"Hiii, this is Adam Schein for Seeerius NFLLLL Reeedioooo." Shut up already, and where did you learn to speak?!
UserPostedImage
Tezzy
14 years ago
I have never listened to his Sirius show or anything else, now I'm going to have to youtube him to hear him now and concrete my feelings on his "work".
Tezzy
14 years ago
Ok, just listened to him. Sounds like he is trying to impersonate Cosell and doing a poor job of it.
Fan Shout
packerfanoutwest (1h) : Sources: Packers QB Jordan Love expected back vs. Vikings
Zero2Cool (1h) : The NFL fined #Packers RB Josh Jacobs a whopping $45,020 for unnecessary roughness/use of helmet last week
Zero2Cool (27-Sep) : Packers Final Injury Report: Jordan Love questionable vs. Vikings
Zero2Cool (27-Sep) : We are hosed. Not practicing Friday: CB Jaire Alexander, CB Carrington Valentine, G/T Jordan Morgan.
Zero2Cool (26-Sep) : rude
Mucky Tundra (26-Sep) : RIP Frank Ragnow
Mucky Tundra (26-Sep) : @E_Woodyard #Lions HC Dan Campbell says they're gonna put Frank Ragnow down this week. "We've got to be smart," Campbell said.
bboystyle (25-Sep) : Favre using the pitty card during that hearing for his criminal acts
Zero2Cool (24-Sep) : Former Packers QB Brett Favre recently announced he was diagnosed with Parkinson's.
Zero2Cool (24-Sep) : The only QBs this season with 0 turnover-worthy plays according to PFF (minimum 30 dropbacks) Aaron Rodgers Malik Willis Justin Fields
Mucky Tundra (23-Sep) : @DavidBearmanPFN · 18h Vegas has watched Will Levis for 3 weeks and installed them as a 1-point favorite in Miami next week. Let that sink
Mucky Tundra (23-Sep) : Martha, they did play much better with Dalton yesterday
Zero2Cool (23-Sep) : Test results on Sam Darnold’s knee showed a knee bruise and no structural damage. He is not expected to miss any time.
Martha Careful (23-Sep) : Not with Dalton apparently
Mucky Tundra (23-Sep) : Not sure what to make of the NFC South so far this season (outside of the Panthers being a dumpster fire)
Mucky Tundra (22-Sep) : of course I say that and then they overturn that play that put them on the 49ers 2 yard line
Mucky Tundra (22-Sep) : *without
Mucky Tundra (22-Sep) : Even with Nacua and Kupp out, Rams looking fiesty on offense
Martha Careful (22-Sep) : Tim Boyle is playing for the Dolphins
Martha Careful (22-Sep) : I love seeing Dallas lose
Mucky Tundra (22-Sep) : The Red Rifle is on fire in Las Vegas! 3 TDs in the first half!
Mucky Tundra (22-Sep) : @mattschneidman · 2m The fire alarm is going off inside the Packers locker room here in Nashville.
Mucky Tundra (22-Sep) : Gonna need a drink after looking at my picks for the early games in Pick'em
Zero2Cool (22-Sep) : James Jones. Y’all must not know, Dr. Mackenzie🤣 he was not going to let Jordan love play today.
Zero2Cool (22-Sep) : Malik to start. Love inactive. Per report. Let's go!!
buckeyepackfan (22-Sep) : I think J-10VE will be inactive, a little twist that could be put in is run a wildcat with Wicks at qb. Have him as emergency qb if needed.
Zero2Cool (21-Sep) : I think that's how it works.
Zero2Cool (21-Sep) : I'd go 3 QB regardless this game.
Zero2Cool (21-Sep) : Clifford was elevated, not activated. He doesn't play, it doesn't count.
hardrocker950 (21-Sep) : If Clifford is active, not likely to see Jordan play this weekend
Mucky Tundra (21-Sep) : QB Sean Clifford and CB Robert Rochell elevated from the PS for the Titans game
Zero2Cool (20-Sep) : Love questionable. Morgan is out. Valentine is doubtful
Martha Careful (20-Sep) : Rodgers and Lazard off to a very strong start
Zero2Cool (19-Sep) : Josh Jacobs. Limited.
Zero2Cool (19-Sep) : Can't find anything on Jacobs :(
wpr (19-Sep) : Do you know if they gave Jacobs an extra day off? I hope so.
Zero2Cool (19-Sep) : WR Jayden Reed (calf) and G Elgton Jenkins (illness/glute) returned after sitting out Wednesday.
Zero2Cool (19-Sep) : Packers are in pads and so is Jordan Love. Second straight day of practice for QB1.
bboystyle (18-Sep) : If Love comes back, we win in a blow out
Zero2Cool (18-Sep) : Jordan Love just spoke with reporters and said he’s giving himself the week but hopeful to play Sunday against the Titans.
Zero2Cool (18-Sep) : Practicing is Jordan Love!
Zero2Cool (18-Sep) : Packers are signing WR Cornelius Johnson to the Practice Squad per sources. Johnson was a 7th round pick this year.
Zero2Cool (17-Sep) : Packers placed RB MarShawn Lloyd on injured reserve.
Zero2Cool (16-Sep) : Rams won’t have Cooper Kupp or Puka Nacua when they host the Packers in Week 5.
Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : Or is that the Rusty Red Rifle because of his age?
Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : The Red Rifle Returns!
Zero2Cool (16-Sep) : Panthers are benching former No. 1 overall pick Bryce Young and starting veteran Andy Dalton beginning this week.
Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : bears still have slim chance here
Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : and there's another one!
Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : oh crap macbob has the Texans K and he keeps hitting these long FGs
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2024 Packers Schedule
Friday, Sep 6 @ 7:15 PM
Eagles
Sunday, Sep 15 @ 12:00 PM
COLTS
Sunday, Sep 22 @ 12:00 PM
Titans
Sunday, Sep 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Oct 6 @ 3:25 PM
Rams
Sunday, Oct 13 @ 12:00 PM
CARDINALS
Sunday, Oct 20 @ 12:00 PM
TEXANS
Sunday, Oct 27 @ 12:00 PM
Jaguars
Sunday, Nov 3 @ 3:25 PM
LIONS
Sunday, Nov 17 @ 12:00 PM
Bears
Sunday, Nov 24 @ 3:25 PM
49ERS
Thursday, Nov 28 @ 7:20 PM
DOLPHINS
Thursday, Dec 5 @ 7:15 PM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 15 @ 7:20 PM
Seahawks
Monday, Dec 23 @ 7:15 PM
SAINTS
Sunday, Dec 29 @ 12:00 PM
Vikings
Saturday, Jan 4 @ 11:00 PM
BEARS
Recent Topics
2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

12h / Around The NFL / Mucky Tundra

23h / Fantasy Sports Talk / Zero2Cool

27-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

27-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

27-Sep / Random Babble / wpr

26-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

25-Sep / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

25-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

25-Sep / GameDay Threads / wpr

24-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

23-Sep / Around The NFL / Martha Careful

23-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

23-Sep / Featured Content / Zero2Cool

23-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.