Cheesey
  • Cheesey
  • Preferred Member Topic Starter
14 years ago
Well, at the last minute, my wife told me to go. (I didn't wait for her to say it a second time)
Got up to GB Friday, got my 4 autograph tickets (wasn't too happy with who i got) and was pretty dissapointed. But figured I'd see if i could land any signatures just hanging around. Went to the 4th floor, got some coaches sigs (Winston Moss, Dom Capers, Kevin Greene) and then saw Don "Majic" Majkowski going into the hall where the players were having a meeting. I quickly pulled out the picture i took of him in 1990, and as he was saying "I gotta go....can't sign any more" i showed it to him and asked if he could please sign it. He saw the old photo and said "Man....LOOK at that HAT I'm wearing!" and signed it for me!
I had an old 11 x 14 pic of Vince Lombardi, Bart Starr, Jim Ringo, Ron Kramer, Boyd Dowler, and Jim Taylor. I got Kramer's auto on it last Wednesday. I struck up a conversation with the security guy by the door, and asked him if Dowler was in the room. He told me "Yes". So i just camped at the doors and waited. I could see Dowler sitting at a table. And as soon as he got up, i got ready. As he came out i asked him to sign the pic for me, and he did!
I grabbed one of my Packer place mats (which are great for autographs) and got ready. Out stepped Dave Robinson, who i told you in another thread had spent an hour with me Last Wednesday, and i called out "Hey DAVE!!!" He turned and said "ALAN!" He called me over, and signed my mat, then stopped Marv Fleming and had him sign it for me. Greg Koch also signed it for me.
Saturday i decided to try the overflow lines for autographs. Got in Lynn Dickey's line and got a nice autograph from him. Then got Johnny Gray and Ted Thompson and Mark Murphy.
I had traded so i could get Carroll Dale's autograph. Which I'm glad I did. Don't know how often i will get to see any of the old Packer greats, and how much longer they will be around. Got Brett Goode and Brad Jones Saturday, too.
Went through the Packer Hall of Fame, which is always nice. Then through the Packer locker room. This year, they let us go out onto the sidelines of Lambeau Field. That's the first time i actually got to go out onto the sidelines. That was pretty neat.
All in all, it was a GREAT time! Wish ALL of you could have been there to expierience it!
According to what i heard, they only sold 2200 of the 3500 tickets. It wasn't as crowded as it was in years past. Which was nice for us, but i can't help but wonder if they will stop having Fan Fest if they don't sell more of the tickets.
UserPostedImage
Pack93z
14 years ago
Glad you had a good time.. but I am not surprised that the attendance is down.

Personally speaking, I could not justify spending the money to attend the event this year, actually the past two. It is a fine event and all, but the squeeze on many is taking its toll.. and the Packers have to realize that.. I am sure they do.

And I highly doubt they will abandon the money maker... maybe scale it back some but doubt it will ever go by the wayside anytime soon.
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
Cheesey
  • Cheesey
14 years ago
That's what I was thinking. Times are hard now, and that may have had a big affect on the attendance.
UserPostedImage
Rockmolder
14 years ago
Nice. An autograph from Ted Thompson. That's awesome.

I figured that you went to fan fest after pondering it and then not posting anything for a while. Looks like you made a good decision on going.
Cheesey
  • Cheesey
14 years ago
Yeah.....i still don't have a computer at home. Walked to the library again. But it's nice out, and i need the exercise! Gives me a REASON to exercise! Don't walk, can't talk! LOL!
Ted Thompson tried to make me pay him $5 for his autograph........i was able to talk him down to $2.50.
UserPostedImage
Formo
14 years ago

All in all, it was a GREAT time! Wish ALL of you could have been there to expierience it!

"Cheesey" wrote:

Cheesey, you are a cruel, CRUEL man! Thanks, but no thanks.. 🙂
UserPostedImage
Thanks to TheViking88 for the sig!!
Trippster
14 years ago

Yeah.....i still don't have a computer at home. Walked to the library again. But it's nice out, and i need the exercise! Gives me a REASON to exercise! Don't walk, can't talk! LOL!

Ted Thompson tried to make me pay him $5 for his autograph........i was able to talk him down to $2.50.

"Cheesey" wrote:

Guess Ted Thompson is not that great of a negotiator after all. I would have thought he would have started at five and gotten you up to $7.50!

glad you had a great time. what happened to your computer? Does my old monitor still work?
"Let Your Light Shine!"
RaiderPride
14 years ago
Hang on to that T.T. autograph. It is going to be worth a great deal after his second Superbowl win.
""People Will Probably Never Remember What You Said, And May Never Remember What You Did. However, People Will Always Remember How You Made Them Feel."
Cheesey
  • Cheesey
14 years ago

"Trippster" wrote:

Guess Ted Thompson is not that great of a negotiator after all. I would have thought he would have started at five and gotten you up to $7.50!

glad you had a great time. what happened to your computer? Does my old monitor still work?

"Cheesey" wrote:

Monitor works fine! Something blew in the tower. It won't even start now. My nephew built it for me a few years ago. It has been acting up lately, now it won't start. My wife is mad at me that we paid my nephew to build it, and it only worked properly for a short time, then started acting up.

I have a different tower from a friend, but it doesn't have any place on the back of it to screw in the wireless antenna that i need to access the internet from my landlord. All it has is 2 phone jacks in the back.
Does anyone know if there is some kind of component that can convert one of the jacks into a wireless hookup? I know NOTHING about computers.
UserPostedImage
Cheesey
  • Cheesey
14 years ago

Hang on to that T.T. autograph. It is going to be worth a great deal after his second Superbowl win.

"RaiderPride" wrote:

That just might be true!
There were alot of people that wanted Ron Wolf's autograph at Fan Fest. So it might just be something special in the end!
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (now) : The NFL fined #Packers RB Josh Jacobs a whopping $45,020 for unnecessary roughness/use of helmet last week
Zero2Cool (27-Sep) : Packers Final Injury Report: Jordan Love questionable vs. Vikings
Zero2Cool (27-Sep) : We are hosed. Not practicing Friday: CB Jaire Alexander, CB Carrington Valentine, G/T Jordan Morgan.
Zero2Cool (26-Sep) : rude
Mucky Tundra (26-Sep) : RIP Frank Ragnow
Mucky Tundra (26-Sep) : @E_Woodyard #Lions HC Dan Campbell says they're gonna put Frank Ragnow down this week. "We've got to be smart," Campbell said.
bboystyle (25-Sep) : Favre using the pitty card during that hearing for his criminal acts
Zero2Cool (24-Sep) : Former Packers QB Brett Favre recently announced he was diagnosed with Parkinson's.
Zero2Cool (24-Sep) : The only QBs this season with 0 turnover-worthy plays according to PFF (minimum 30 dropbacks) Aaron Rodgers Malik Willis Justin Fields
Mucky Tundra (23-Sep) : @DavidBearmanPFN · 18h Vegas has watched Will Levis for 3 weeks and installed them as a 1-point favorite in Miami next week. Let that sink
Mucky Tundra (23-Sep) : Martha, they did play much better with Dalton yesterday
Zero2Cool (23-Sep) : Test results on Sam Darnold’s knee showed a knee bruise and no structural damage. He is not expected to miss any time.
Martha Careful (23-Sep) : Not with Dalton apparently
Mucky Tundra (23-Sep) : Not sure what to make of the NFC South so far this season (outside of the Panthers being a dumpster fire)
Mucky Tundra (22-Sep) : of course I say that and then they overturn that play that put them on the 49ers 2 yard line
Mucky Tundra (22-Sep) : *without
Mucky Tundra (22-Sep) : Even with Nacua and Kupp out, Rams looking fiesty on offense
Martha Careful (22-Sep) : Tim Boyle is playing for the Dolphins
Martha Careful (22-Sep) : I love seeing Dallas lose
Mucky Tundra (22-Sep) : The Red Rifle is on fire in Las Vegas! 3 TDs in the first half!
Mucky Tundra (22-Sep) : @mattschneidman · 2m The fire alarm is going off inside the Packers locker room here in Nashville.
Mucky Tundra (22-Sep) : Gonna need a drink after looking at my picks for the early games in Pick'em
Zero2Cool (22-Sep) : James Jones. Y’all must not know, Dr. Mackenzie🤣 he was not going to let Jordan love play today.
Zero2Cool (22-Sep) : Malik to start. Love inactive. Per report. Let's go!!
buckeyepackfan (22-Sep) : I think J-10VE will be inactive, a little twist that could be put in is run a wildcat with Wicks at qb. Have him as emergency qb if needed.
Zero2Cool (21-Sep) : I think that's how it works.
Zero2Cool (21-Sep) : I'd go 3 QB regardless this game.
Zero2Cool (21-Sep) : Clifford was elevated, not activated. He doesn't play, it doesn't count.
hardrocker950 (21-Sep) : If Clifford is active, not likely to see Jordan play this weekend
Mucky Tundra (21-Sep) : QB Sean Clifford and CB Robert Rochell elevated from the PS for the Titans game
Zero2Cool (20-Sep) : Love questionable. Morgan is out. Valentine is doubtful
Martha Careful (20-Sep) : Rodgers and Lazard off to a very strong start
Zero2Cool (19-Sep) : Josh Jacobs. Limited.
Zero2Cool (19-Sep) : Can't find anything on Jacobs :(
wpr (19-Sep) : Do you know if they gave Jacobs an extra day off? I hope so.
Zero2Cool (19-Sep) : WR Jayden Reed (calf) and G Elgton Jenkins (illness/glute) returned after sitting out Wednesday.
Zero2Cool (19-Sep) : Packers are in pads and so is Jordan Love. Second straight day of practice for QB1.
bboystyle (18-Sep) : If Love comes back, we win in a blow out
Zero2Cool (18-Sep) : Jordan Love just spoke with reporters and said he’s giving himself the week but hopeful to play Sunday against the Titans.
Zero2Cool (18-Sep) : Practicing is Jordan Love!
Zero2Cool (18-Sep) : Packers are signing WR Cornelius Johnson to the Practice Squad per sources. Johnson was a 7th round pick this year.
Zero2Cool (17-Sep) : Packers placed RB MarShawn Lloyd on injured reserve.
Zero2Cool (16-Sep) : Rams won’t have Cooper Kupp or Puka Nacua when they host the Packers in Week 5.
Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : Or is that the Rusty Red Rifle because of his age?
Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : The Red Rifle Returns!
Zero2Cool (16-Sep) : Panthers are benching former No. 1 overall pick Bryce Young and starting veteran Andy Dalton beginning this week.
Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : bears still have slim chance here
Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : and there's another one!
Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : oh crap macbob has the Texans K and he keeps hitting these long FGs
Mucky Tundra (15-Sep) : Hope the Texans beat the brakes off the Bears
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2024 Packers Schedule
Friday, Sep 6 @ 7:15 PM
Eagles
Sunday, Sep 15 @ 12:00 PM
COLTS
Sunday, Sep 22 @ 12:00 PM
Titans
Sunday, Sep 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Oct 6 @ 3:25 PM
Rams
Sunday, Oct 13 @ 12:00 PM
CARDINALS
Sunday, Oct 20 @ 12:00 PM
TEXANS
Sunday, Oct 27 @ 12:00 PM
Jaguars
Sunday, Nov 3 @ 3:25 PM
LIONS
Sunday, Nov 17 @ 12:00 PM
Bears
Sunday, Nov 24 @ 3:25 PM
49ERS
Thursday, Nov 28 @ 7:20 PM
DOLPHINS
Thursday, Dec 5 @ 7:15 PM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 15 @ 7:20 PM
Seahawks
Monday, Dec 23 @ 7:15 PM
SAINTS
Sunday, Dec 29 @ 12:00 PM
Vikings
Saturday, Jan 4 @ 11:00 PM
BEARS
Recent Topics
1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

11h / Around The NFL / Mucky Tundra

21h / Fantasy Sports Talk / Zero2Cool

27-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

27-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

27-Sep / Random Babble / wpr

26-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

25-Sep / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

25-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

25-Sep / GameDay Threads / wpr

24-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

23-Sep / Around The NFL / Martha Careful

23-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

23-Sep / Featured Content / Zero2Cool

23-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.