Timmons
14 years ago
I'm with Zero on this. No Oline... nothing else matters. It's not like that's hard to figure out. We won't be establishing an Oline this season, so we can consider the 2009 season as training for our young team.

the Vikings will be representing the NFC north and I'll have to jump on the Favre bandwagon one last time.
blank
Cheesey
14 years ago
Gotarace.....he wouldn't WANT "great quotes". That wouldn't back up the point he's trying to make.
I admit, my patience is getting thin. I EXPECT more from the Packers this year then last year.
The o-line needs fixing NOW.
Put SOMEONE else in there. I mean, why not? They can't do any worse then what we have seen so far.
UserPostedImage
Wade
  • Wade
  • Veteran Member
14 years ago

I liked your humor in the last post Zero 😛 People remember we are the youngest team once again so give them some time. Eventually they have to be able to pull their own weight right?

"Zero2Cool" wrote:

That wasn't humor.

"dhazer" wrote:

You can't be giving up on them dammit, that would be like me cheering for Ted Thompson as gm of the year lol. Stand tall man, plus i don't have any room on my train for you :P

"Zero2Cool" wrote:

I'm sick of hearing the same comments from our coach with the same results. He needs a new speech and better results.

"dhazer" wrote:

That's why I stopped listening to his public comments. If I don't listen to him using coach non-speak and the rest, then it's easier keeping confidence in him.
And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
Romans 12:2 (NKJV)
Yerko
14 years ago
Holy shit people are falling off the train quickly. To each their own as I always say though. We have some rough patches in our game right now.

The o-line is my only issue with this team. They need to make some adjustments. I think letting Lang get some p.t. against the Rams would be one example. Another would be signing a legit free agent.

The defense was lackluster last Sunday. I think it was because they were going against Cinci. Yes, we are playing the Rams this week but I think having a coach on defense such as Capers and Greene, this shit will not fly another week.

Maybe I am too optimistic but it is only week 3 and A LOT of shit can happen in a 16 week schedule. Some people need to stop throwing wood on the fire. I am glad I can keep my chin up after a shitty game like Sunday.

Please, relax.
UserPostedImage
zombieslayer
14 years ago

I'm over the edge. I have no faith anymore in this team. I was okay with hearing the clean my house routine in '07 because we getting lucky bounces and winning.

In '08 it got on my nerves a little bit, but I figured hey they'll get it right eventually and gosh we just get the unlucky bounces from time to time.

Now, in '09, same speech, same lack of results, and still losing to teams we appear to be better than on paper.

I'll still pull for them, but my hopes of a 10 win season are fading quicker than our depth at safety.

I wouldn't shed a tear (at this point) if McCarthy is let go this season. There's no question we have lots of talent, but if the coach can't push that players to pinnacle on that talent, what's the point?

"Zero2Cool" wrote:

In '07, we also had morale. A world of difference.

With morale, you can convince people to do things that they normally can't do. With bad morale, talented people don't reach their potential.

This I pin on the Coach.

Perfect example - Mike Ditka was a horrible playcaller. Horrible. But he instilled morale into that team and they went nuts once the game started.

I won't shed a tear either if Mike McCarthy is let go. I loved him in '07, but he hasn't impressed me since.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)
2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. 🇹🇹 🇲🇲 🇦🇷
evad04
14 years ago
I just woke up (late night). Just checking, though -- was I asleep for several weeks? Did we lose a bunch of games in a row?

I thought we were heading into week three.
William Henderson didn't have to run people over. His preferred method was levitation.
"I'm a reasonable man, get off my case."
Yerko
14 years ago

I just woke up (late night). Just checking, though -- was I asleep for several weeks? Did we lose a bunch of games in a row?

I thought we were heading into week three.

"evad04" wrote:

Thank you Evad....same thing I was saying.

+ uno.
UserPostedImage
dyeah_gb
14 years ago
I am reserving judgement on the season but unless someone expected this team to go less than 7-9, they should have been disappointed with last Sunday's performance.

ideally we will gain some confidence against the Rams and feel like we are back on track in terms of player execution living up to the potential.
The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool - R. Feynman
evad04
14 years ago
Look, we clearly have reasons to be concerned. No one should deny that. We've seen the Pack put in two meaningful games so far and at least one component (the o-line) was uncharacteristically awful both times. Our woes in the passing game -- aside from the drops, which I expect to go away -- are directly attributable to the poor blocking.

The question right now is: are we vastly underperforming or are we just bad? In either case we'll need more than TWO WEEKS to get the verdict. But assume it's scenario one (vastly underperforming): if you are going to have a problem, it might as well be that you are not playing up to your standard. Does anyone think Greg's standard is laying an egg at home? Does anyone think that our admittedly woeful looking o-line's STANDARD is averaging 5 sacks a game?

I gotta tell you, I don't. I think these are correctable mistakes. I'm not saying we'll have an outstanding o-line this year, but Pittsburgh managed to do fairly well last year with a shaky (and that's generous) offensive line. Granted, they had a dominant defense, but you get the point.

We're two weeks in. A lot of the criticism is absolutely deserved. But I'm with Vandermouse -- step away from the ledge, Packer Nation.
William Henderson didn't have to run people over. His preferred method was levitation.
"I'm a reasonable man, get off my case."
14 years ago
Well, McCarthy can contribute to the turn-around of the O-line by not calling so many goddamn shotgun pass formations. Those D-linemen were able to just fire away full speed on pass rushes for most of the game because we abandoned the run, which meant we also abandoned the play-action, which meant their D-line was playing on their toes instead of their heels.

I mean shit... 4 of Odom's 5 sacks were on outside pass rush moves, right? He takes himself completely out of the play if any of those are rushes, but of course they're not, because McCarthy abandoned the run.

Everyone needs to perform better, coaches and players. Each of their problems made the overriding problem 300% worse.
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
Martha Careful (now) : Z, could you please combine my thread with yours please. I obviously did not see it when I Created it
Martha Careful (3h) : Re: 'Kool-Aid' McKinstry. Other than Icky Woods, has there ever been a good NFLer with a childish nickname?
Martha Careful (4h) : Packers looking to trade up
Martha Careful (7h) : Flag?
Martha Careful (7h) : Sag?
Nonstopdrivel (7h) : It rhymes with "bag."
beast (23h) : Family? That's Deadpool's F word
Nonstopdrivel (23h) : Not THAT f-word.
Zero2Cool (23h) : fuck
beast (25-Apr) : 49ers are Cap Tight
beast (25-Apr) : Fuck
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : Kanata, I will be when I'm on my lunch later
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : Love you NSD
Nonstopdrivel (25-Apr) : Huh. I guess the F-word is censored in this fan shout.
Nonstopdrivel (25-Apr) : Anyone who doesn't hang out in the chat probably smokes pole.
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : GoPackGo Thinking CB is the pick tonight
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : Anyone hanging out in the chat tonight?
Zero2Cool (25-Apr) : whoa...49ers have had trade conversations about both Deebo Samuel and Brandon Aiyuk
Zero2Cool (25-Apr) : I hope they take a Punter at 9th overall. Be bold!
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : I may end up eating those words but I think they need a lot more talent then their 4 picks can provide
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : I really hope they stand pat and Draft a WR
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : @DMRussini
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : The Chicago Bears are very open for business at 9 and telling teams they are ready to move for the right price, per source
buckeyepackfan (24-Apr) : Lions extend Penei Soul 4yrs - 112mil
buckeyepackfan (24-Apr) : Lions extend St. Brown 4 years 120mil and
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : Now look, trading up to 13 to take a TE might not seem like a good idea later but it will be later!
dfosterf (24-Apr) : (Your trade up mock post)
dfosterf (24-Apr) : Mucky- The only thing fun to watch would be me flipping the f out if Gute goes up to 13 and grabs Brock Bowers, lol
beast (24-Apr) : DT Byron Murphy II, Texas... whom some believe is the next Aaron Donald (or the closest thing to Donald)
Zero2Cool (24-Apr) : What? And who?
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : *sad Mucky noises*
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : @JoeJHoyt Murphy said he’s been told he won’t slide past pick No. 16.
wpr (23-Apr) : Just about time to watch Sonny Weaver stick it to the seahags. I never get tired of it.
Martha Careful (23-Apr) : *game plan
Martha Careful (23-Apr) : IMHO, not even close. He is not a guy you game play around.
Mucky Tundra (23-Apr) : is Aiyuk worth a 1st rounder?
Zero2Cool (23-Apr) : 49ers are seeking a 1st round pick in exchange for WR Brandon Aiyuk
Mucky Tundra (22-Apr) : Based on Gutes comments, now I don't feel as silly having 13 picks in my mock the other day
Zero2Cool (22-Apr) : Zach Wilson to Broncos.
Zero2Cool (22-Apr) : Gutekunst says he'd love to have 13 or 14 picks. He's trading back huh lol
beast (22-Apr) : Someday we'll have a draft betting scandal
beast (21-Apr) : Sometimes looking extremely amazing, sometimes looking extremely lost
beast (21-Apr) : I haven't looked into the QBs, but some have suggested Maye has some of the most extremely inconsistent tape they've seen
beast (21-Apr) : Well it also sounds like Patriots are listening to trade offers, not that seriously considering any, but listening means they aren't locked
Zero2Cool (21-Apr) : Maye needs to be AFC
Mucky Tundra (21-Apr) : Not liking the idea of the Vikings getting Maye
Zero2Cool (21-Apr) : Vikings HC joked that he may or may not have sent flowers to Bob Kraft. That's where rumor came from.
beast (21-Apr) : Can't tell if this is real or BS, but some rumors about a possible Patriots/Vikings trade for #3 overall
dfosterf (21-Apr) : One playbook to my knowledge. I was shooting for facetious.
beast (20-Apr) : I'm not sure they have different playbooks for different OL positions, and Dillard run blocking is supposedly worse than his pass blocking..
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
1m / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

10m / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

46m / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

3h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

4h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

13h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

20h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Nonstopdrivel

25-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

25-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

25-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

24-Apr / Random Babble / beast

22-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

21-Apr / Fantasy Sports Talk / dfosterf

19-Apr / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

18-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.