15 years ago

I would MUCH rather have Aaron Rouse than Jaret Bush at S. Besides, Tramon can play our gunner spot.

"go.pack.go." wrote:

I'd rather have someone other than our rising star CB sprinting full out down the field against two blockers 10 times a game.
UserPostedImage
DarkaneRules
15 years ago
That... or mix it up a little bit. I don't know how hard it is to fit guys into different roles and stay up on the tasks at hand week in and week, but I think having that guy out there a couple times especially during big moments where the game is on the line could be a good thing.
Circular Arguments: They are a heck of an annoyance
dhpackr
15 years ago
draft Everette Brown for OLB in the 4-3. Beef Kampman back up to 290lbs and keep him at DE
So if you meet me Have some courtesy, Have some sympathy, and some taste
Use all your well-learned politesse, Or I'll lay your soul to waste
wils0646
15 years ago

draft Everette Brown for OLB in the 4-3. Beef Kampman back up to 290lbs and keep him at DE

"dhpackr" wrote:

I don't like that idea. He's a good pass rusher. Why change him into a clogger?
The Pack Will Be Back.
porky88
15 years ago

"dhpackr" wrote:

That's a terrible idea. Kampman's best asset is his ability to rush the passer and that will be utilized best in this scheme at OLB.
Rockmolder
15 years ago

"porky88" wrote:

That's a terrible idea. Kampman's best asset is his ability to rush the passer and that will be utilized best in this scheme at OLB.

"dhpackr" wrote:

I agree. Although I do like Everette Brown, but I'd start him opposite of Kampman.

I do doubt that Kampman will get alot of sacks coming from behind Johnny Jolly... I still don't believe that our current D-line can get it done. Maybe Justin Harrell, but seriously, Justin Harrell.

I'd still like Carter, but that's a longshot. Maybe a DT 4-3 prospect in the second. Maybe Fili Moala. He'd be good in between and can back-up at NT aswell, maybe. 1.93 and 137 KG. Appears to be the perfect for a 3-4 DE. Especially if we do go OT/OLB in the first round instead of Raji.
Dulak
15 years ago
When we first started talking about draft picks way back when dom got the job; I Really wanted another OLB.

Now I'm not so sure. I think we got the personal to use for one.

I personally would like the best pick out there; whatever he is (ya-ya sounding like ted).

But there's some many top guys that would work for us. Raji NT, OT (we def need this) heck even jenkins we could use (eventually full time once harris goes/retires).
crabtree - ya I know ... ok maybe not another wr ;)

and then you got the de/olb hybrids - hard to decide what will be the best one. Brown looks good; orakpo ...

To be honest our Oline sounds the worse for wear compared to the Dline atm. Lots of injuries and surgeries.

I'd be really happy with some 300+ pound 6'5' Oline guy.

We got what 9 picks this season ... NT,2 DE, OLB,2 Oline, TE, water boy and a foot ball fetcher ... be a nice draft IMO
dhpackr
15 years ago
Kampman started out at 290, and had success getting to the qb. Sorry, I think it is a farther reach to ask him to play OLB when the man has been a DE since he was 19, and brown shows so much speed, and the ability to make plays in the open field.
IMHO keeping kampman at de and drafting brown to play olb makes sense and is a real possibility
So if you meet me Have some courtesy, Have some sympathy, and some taste
Use all your well-learned politesse, Or I'll lay your soul to waste
wils0646
15 years ago

Kampman started out at 290, and had success getting to the qb. Sorry, I think it is a farther reach to ask him to play OLB when the man has been a DE since he was 19, and brown shows so much speed, and the ability to make plays in the open field.
IMHO keeping kampman at de and drafting brown to play olb makes sense and is a real possibility

"dhpackr" wrote:

If he's playing DE in the 3-4, there's no way he'll get to the QB consistently (unless he was Reggie White), no matter how good he was as a 4-3 end. No matter what, he'll be underutilized as a pass rusher and good overall football player.

He has to be either a 4-3 end or 3-4 OLB. He has too much talent otherwise.
The Pack Will Be Back.
doddpower
15 years ago

"dhpackr" wrote:

Kampman played a decent bit of LB in college, not to mention the coaching staff has stated multiple times that he is going to start at OLB.

That might not affect who we draft, but Kampman will be playing OLB this season.
Fan Shout
beast (8h) : Family? That's Deadpool's F word
Nonstopdrivel (8h) : Not THAT f-word.
Zero2Cool (8h) : fuck
beast (9h) : 49ers are Cap Tight
beast (9h) : Fuck
Mucky Tundra (9h) : Kanata, I will be when I'm on my lunch later
TheKanataThrilla (9h) : Love you NSD
Nonstopdrivel (9h) : Huh. I guess the F-word is censored in this fan shout.
Nonstopdrivel (9h) : Anyone who doesn't hang out in the chat probably smokes pole.
TheKanataThrilla (9h) : GoPackGo Thinking CB is the pick tonight
TheKanataThrilla (9h) : Anyone hanging out in the chat tonight?
Zero2Cool (10h) : whoa...49ers have had trade conversations about both Deebo Samuel and Brandon Aiyuk
Zero2Cool (11h) : I hope they take a Punter at 9th overall. Be bold!
Mucky Tundra (11h) : I may end up eating those words but I think they need a lot more talent then their 4 picks can provide
Mucky Tundra (11h) : I really hope they stand pat and Draft a WR
Mucky Tundra (11h) : @DMRussini
Mucky Tundra (11h) : The Chicago Bears are very open for business at 9 and telling teams they are ready to move for the right price, per source
buckeyepackfan (24-Apr) : Lions extend Penei Soul 4yrs - 112mil
buckeyepackfan (24-Apr) : Lions extend St. Brown 4 years 120mil and
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : Now look, trading up to 13 to take a TE might not seem like a good idea later but it will be later!
dfosterf (24-Apr) : (Your trade up mock post)
dfosterf (24-Apr) : Mucky- The only thing fun to watch would be me flipping the f out if Gute goes up to 13 and grabs Brock Bowers, lol
beast (24-Apr) : DT Byron Murphy II, Texas... whom some believe is the next Aaron Donald (or the closest thing to Donald)
Zero2Cool (24-Apr) : What? And who?
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : *sad Mucky noises*
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : @JoeJHoyt Murphy said he’s been told he won’t slide past pick No. 16.
wpr (23-Apr) : Just about time to watch Sonny Weaver stick it to the seahags. I never get tired of it.
Martha Careful (23-Apr) : *game plan
Martha Careful (23-Apr) : IMHO, not even close. He is not a guy you game play around.
Mucky Tundra (23-Apr) : is Aiyuk worth a 1st rounder?
Zero2Cool (23-Apr) : 49ers are seeking a 1st round pick in exchange for WR Brandon Aiyuk
Mucky Tundra (22-Apr) : Based on Gutes comments, now I don't feel as silly having 13 picks in my mock the other day
Zero2Cool (22-Apr) : Zach Wilson to Broncos.
Zero2Cool (22-Apr) : Gutekunst says he'd love to have 13 or 14 picks. He's trading back huh lol
beast (22-Apr) : Someday we'll have a draft betting scandal
beast (21-Apr) : Sometimes looking extremely amazing, sometimes looking extremely lost
beast (21-Apr) : I haven't looked into the QBs, but some have suggested Maye has some of the most extremely inconsistent tape they've seen
beast (21-Apr) : Well it also sounds like Patriots are listening to trade offers, not that seriously considering any, but listening means they aren't locked
Zero2Cool (21-Apr) : Maye needs to be AFC
Mucky Tundra (21-Apr) : Not liking the idea of the Vikings getting Maye
Zero2Cool (21-Apr) : Vikings HC joked that he may or may not have sent flowers to Bob Kraft. That's where rumor came from.
beast (21-Apr) : Can't tell if this is real or BS, but some rumors about a possible Patriots/Vikings trade for #3 overall
dfosterf (21-Apr) : One playbook to my knowledge. I was shooting for facetious.
beast (20-Apr) : I'm not sure they have different playbooks for different OL positions, and Dillard run blocking is supposedly worse than his pass blocking..
dfosterf (19-Apr) : The only problem with that is he isn't a guard either.
dfosterf (19-Apr) : Put him at right guard. That is where he will be coached. That is where he will compete. He is not even allowed to look at the LT playbook.
dfosterf (18-Apr) : Kidding aside, I hope the best for him.
dfosterf (18-Apr) : Went to a Titans board. One comment there. Not very long. I quote: "LOL" They don't sound overly upset about our aquisition.
beast (18-Apr) : OT Dillard has been absolutely horrible... like OG Newman levels
dfosterf (18-Apr) : Suit him up and have him stand in front of the big board as a draft day cautionary tale.
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

5h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Nonstopdrivel

9h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

13h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

19h / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

25-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

24-Apr / Random Babble / beast

22-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

21-Apr / Fantasy Sports Talk / dfosterf

19-Apr / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

18-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

18-Apr / Random Babble / Mucky Tundra

18-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.