Nonstopdrivel
15 years ago
Hey, Foster, I can't figure out how to make trades on Draftek. Care to give us a brief tutorial?
UserPostedImage
dfosterf
15 years ago
Nonstop:

I have never done it without using the "what if" feature. That isn't available until after the Superbowl.
go.pack.go.
15 years ago

Draftek Sim Round 1 

Drafttek has us picking 9th. I thought we were 8th?

Look at this ugly computer-generated pick. I think it was go.pack.go. that asked me who the heck this guy was...

I can answer that question...he's our 1st pick in the draft. lol

The horror if this comes true...

"dfosterf" wrote:

Yes, it was me that asked that question....hold om I'm going to look up his stats if I can find any and I'll post them.

http://cdsdraft.com/profile.php?id=2386 

There we go...if he's a DT, isn't he kind of small? And scroll down some and look at the weaknesses.
UserPostedImage
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
15 years ago
What I would like to see is a player who comes in and contributes immediately. A player drafted in the top 10 places should be someone who can make an impact. I do not want to take a chance on someone who stock fell because of an injury. Bring in healthy bodies.
I want to see Ted draft a player and not trade down for 17 picks in the 6th round. It is my opinion that the biggest need is on the DL. If they get more pressure on the QB and do more to stop the run then the LB and DB positions will improve automatically.

Here are some of the players that will be available around the GB pick.

Michael Johnson, DE, Georgia Tech If there's one thing we learned about Packers GM Ted Thompson, it's that he loves to take the best player available, no matter what position he plays. Luckily for Thompson, that strategy matches up with a position of need - and not another signal caller.
The Packers haven't been able to get to the quarterback all year. That was really prelavent when Jake Delhomme burnt them with deep passes to Steve Smith late in the must-win Carolina game. And how about last week's epic failure at Jacksonville. Embarrassing.
If you take away Aaron Kampman's 10 sacks, Green Bay has only 13 on the year. That's almost as bad as Kansas City!

Michael Johnson, DE, G Tech The Packers are old and injured on the Defensive Line so I say they take Michael Johnson here. He is a very good athlete and a great speed rushing defensive end. I think if he can gain a little weight he will be a great NFL Player in 2 years. Defensive Ends are taking a couple years to mature now days so look for him to break out in his second or third year in the NFL.

OT, Jason Smith, Baylor Smith is a super talented offensive lineman and can move in and start right away at left tackle. Smith has the best feet of all the O-linemen in this draft.

DT, B. J. Raji, Boston College Raji is a monster at 6' 1" 325 pounds. In 2008 he recorded 11 tackles for loss (TFLs) and 6.5 sacks. A great nose guard prospect that creates havoc on the inside.

BRIAN ORAKPO, DE, TEXAS After winning 13 games a year ago big things were expected of the Packers in 2008 and even though they failed to take that next step the future still looks bright. Regardless of what you might think of Ted Thompson and the way he handled the Brett Favre situation you can't help but be impressed with his Draft Day track record and he has assembled a nice core of young talent on both sides of the ball. However, one area that is of particular concern is the defensive line and Green Bay really struggled to generate a pass rush, ranking near the bottom of the league in sacks. Aaron Kampman doesn't get nearly enough credit for being one of the best defensive ends in the business but former defensive tackle Cullen Jenkins is more of a run stuffer and after releasing Kabeer Gbaja-Biamila they could use a top pass rusher. Brian Orakpo, a.k.a. O-Sack-Po, had an amazing senior season for the Longhorns and he won both the Lombardi Award as the nation's best lineman and the Nagurski Trophy, which is given to the nation's top defensive player. In addition to that outstanding on-field performance Orakpo also figures to test extremely well in pre-draft workouts when he is given an opportunity to show off his amazing blend of athleticism, speed and strength. The Packers could also use some help at offensive tackle but the chance to add the best defensive end in the draft is too good to pass up.

MICHAEL OHER, OT, OLE MISS Some may be surprised to see Michael Oher this low but of all the top prospects he has the best chance to slide a bit on Draft Day. Oher is probably the most physically gifted offensive lineman in this draft but there are some significant question marks when it comes to his intangibles that could give teams pause. Also, while Oher is an outstanding pass protector his effort in the run game comes and goes, although he has flashed the ability to stand out in that area at times as well. Oher could ultimately end up in the Top 5-10 overall but there is also a chance he could fall to the end of round one. If Oher did begin to drop the Eagles would be more than happy to stop his slide because they could certainly use a talented young offensive tackle. Both Tra Thomas and Jon Runyan are in their mid-30's and nearing the end of the line and since Winston Justice hasn't developed as expected the Eagles really don't have a successor in place for either of them. Philly could also be in the market for a safety here and with L.J. Smith set to hit the open market they could opt to replace him with a guy like Jermaine Gresham rather than use the franchise tag again. Ultimately Oher is just too good to pass up and the Iggles would be very fortunate if he fell into their lap.

Greg Hardy, DE, Ole Miss Hardy isnt the biggest DE but with his speed he can make up for it and get to the QB.

UserPostedImage
dfosterf
15 years ago

Draftek Sim Round 1 

Drafttek has us picking 9th. I thought we were 8th?

Look at this ugly computer-generated pick. I think it was go.pack.go. that asked me who the heck this guy was...

I can answer that question...he's our 1st pick in the draft. lol

The horror if this comes true...

"go.pack.go." wrote:

Yes, it was me that asked that question....hold om I'm going to look up his stats if I can find any and I'll post them.

http://cdsdraft.com/profile.php?id=2386 

There we go...if he's a DT, isn't he kind of small? And scroll down some and look at the weaknesses.

"dfosterf" wrote:

I don't see why he is so high in this simulation. What really bugs me about that is the fact this is not a website pick per se, but a compendium of sources and factors. I'm hoping it is a glitch, because oftentimes draftek if extremely accurate in where players are selected. I don't see it in this case, I just don't, which is why I start going off on rants whenever DT's are brought up. Raji, for example... I'm thinking he will only go in the first if it's to a 3-4 team, but these are all still WAGS, as in wild-a$$ed- guesses, on my part. Bottom line for me is that I find major faults with ALL of the top DT prospects.
dhazer
15 years ago
Thats interesting DFoster but i see some more flaws they have crabtree going to Seattle but yet he said he was going back to school. And what about Tebow i guess when it gets closer i'll check back on it
Just Imagine this for the next 6-9 years. What a ride it will be 🙂 (PS, Zero should charge for this)
UserPostedImage
HoustonMatt
15 years ago
Todd McShay, who I imagine Mel Kiper just loathes, has already released his projected top 10, assuming certain underclassmen come out.

He has us taking Gerald McCoy - DT from OU. I don't know a ton about him, but I've heard his current DC compare him to Tommie Harris, saying he's probably not as quick, but is stronger. He'd definitely be a position of need, but I'll reserve further commentary until I can research the kid more.
blank
go.pack.go.
15 years ago

Todd McShay, who I imagine Mel Kiper just loathes, has already released his projected top 10, assuming certain underclassmen come out.

He has us taking Gerald McCoy - DT from OU. I don't know a ton about him, but I've heard his current DC compare him to Tommie Harris, saying he's probably not as quick, but is stronger. He'd definitely be a position of need, but I'll reserve further commentary until I can research the kid more.

"mattresell" wrote:

I hope we don't pick him if Orakpo is still on the board. (I know, I'm probably getting annoying with all of this Orakpo stuff...)
UserPostedImage
HoustonMatt
15 years ago

I hope we don't pick him if Orakpo is still on the board. (I know, I'm probably getting annoying with all of this Orakpo stuff...)

"go.pack.go." wrote:

I really like Orakpo too. The only problem is that if the coaching staff doesn't want to move Cullen back inside full-time, Orakpo would essentially be a situational pass rusher. I don't think you can justify using the 9th pick on a guy who will play 20 snaps a game.

Whether or not they're willing to move him back inside is a different question to which none of us have the answer, but if that's the case, it would be the reason to go DT or OL over DE. Or you could draft Orakpo with the intention of him learning the ropes as a situational pass rusher and then taking over Kampan's spot when his contract runs out.
blank
go.pack.go.
15 years ago

"mattresell" wrote:

I really like Orakpo too. The only problem is that if the coaching staff doesn't want to move Cullen back inside full-time, Orakpo would essentially be a situational pass rusher. I don't think you can justify using the 9th pick on a guy who will play 20 snaps a game.

Whether or not they're willing to move him back inside is a different question to which none of us have the answer, but if that's the case, it would be the reason to go DT or OL over DE. Or you could draft Orakpo with the intention of him learning the ropes as a situational pass rusher and then taking over Kampan's spot when his contract runs out.

"go.pack.go." wrote:

OR, re-signing Kampman, having Orakpo on the other side of him starting. I think Cullen would go back inside, if they wanted him to. They could have a rotation, mix it up some. Don't just do it in passing situations.
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
beast (14h) : Family? That's Deadpool's F word
Nonstopdrivel (14h) : Not THAT f-word.
Zero2Cool (14h) : fuck
beast (15h) : 49ers are Cap Tight
beast (15h) : Fuck
Mucky Tundra (16h) : Kanata, I will be when I'm on my lunch later
TheKanataThrilla (16h) : Love you NSD
Nonstopdrivel (16h) : Huh. I guess the F-word is censored in this fan shout.
Nonstopdrivel (16h) : Anyone who doesn't hang out in the chat probably smokes pole.
TheKanataThrilla (16h) : GoPackGo Thinking CB is the pick tonight
TheKanataThrilla (16h) : Anyone hanging out in the chat tonight?
Zero2Cool (16h) : whoa...49ers have had trade conversations about both Deebo Samuel and Brandon Aiyuk
Zero2Cool (17h) : I hope they take a Punter at 9th overall. Be bold!
Mucky Tundra (18h) : I may end up eating those words but I think they need a lot more talent then their 4 picks can provide
Mucky Tundra (18h) : I really hope they stand pat and Draft a WR
Mucky Tundra (18h) : @DMRussini
Mucky Tundra (18h) : The Chicago Bears are very open for business at 9 and telling teams they are ready to move for the right price, per source
buckeyepackfan (24-Apr) : Lions extend Penei Soul 4yrs - 112mil
buckeyepackfan (24-Apr) : Lions extend St. Brown 4 years 120mil and
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : Now look, trading up to 13 to take a TE might not seem like a good idea later but it will be later!
dfosterf (24-Apr) : (Your trade up mock post)
dfosterf (24-Apr) : Mucky- The only thing fun to watch would be me flipping the f out if Gute goes up to 13 and grabs Brock Bowers, lol
beast (24-Apr) : DT Byron Murphy II, Texas... whom some believe is the next Aaron Donald (or the closest thing to Donald)
Zero2Cool (24-Apr) : What? And who?
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : *sad Mucky noises*
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : @JoeJHoyt Murphy said he’s been told he won’t slide past pick No. 16.
wpr (23-Apr) : Just about time to watch Sonny Weaver stick it to the seahags. I never get tired of it.
Martha Careful (23-Apr) : *game plan
Martha Careful (23-Apr) : IMHO, not even close. He is not a guy you game play around.
Mucky Tundra (23-Apr) : is Aiyuk worth a 1st rounder?
Zero2Cool (23-Apr) : 49ers are seeking a 1st round pick in exchange for WR Brandon Aiyuk
Mucky Tundra (22-Apr) : Based on Gutes comments, now I don't feel as silly having 13 picks in my mock the other day
Zero2Cool (22-Apr) : Zach Wilson to Broncos.
Zero2Cool (22-Apr) : Gutekunst says he'd love to have 13 or 14 picks. He's trading back huh lol
beast (22-Apr) : Someday we'll have a draft betting scandal
beast (21-Apr) : Sometimes looking extremely amazing, sometimes looking extremely lost
beast (21-Apr) : I haven't looked into the QBs, but some have suggested Maye has some of the most extremely inconsistent tape they've seen
beast (21-Apr) : Well it also sounds like Patriots are listening to trade offers, not that seriously considering any, but listening means they aren't locked
Zero2Cool (21-Apr) : Maye needs to be AFC
Mucky Tundra (21-Apr) : Not liking the idea of the Vikings getting Maye
Zero2Cool (21-Apr) : Vikings HC joked that he may or may not have sent flowers to Bob Kraft. That's where rumor came from.
beast (21-Apr) : Can't tell if this is real or BS, but some rumors about a possible Patriots/Vikings trade for #3 overall
dfosterf (21-Apr) : One playbook to my knowledge. I was shooting for facetious.
beast (20-Apr) : I'm not sure they have different playbooks for different OL positions, and Dillard run blocking is supposedly worse than his pass blocking..
dfosterf (19-Apr) : The only problem with that is he isn't a guard either.
dfosterf (19-Apr) : Put him at right guard. That is where he will be coached. That is where he will compete. He is not even allowed to look at the LT playbook.
dfosterf (18-Apr) : Kidding aside, I hope the best for him.
dfosterf (18-Apr) : Went to a Titans board. One comment there. Not very long. I quote: "LOL" They don't sound overly upset about our aquisition.
beast (18-Apr) : OT Dillard has been absolutely horrible... like OG Newman levels
dfosterf (18-Apr) : Suit him up and have him stand in front of the big board as a draft day cautionary tale.
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

4h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

11h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Nonstopdrivel

15h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

25-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

25-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

24-Apr / Random Babble / beast

22-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

21-Apr / Fantasy Sports Talk / dfosterf

19-Apr / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

18-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

18-Apr / Random Babble / Mucky Tundra

18-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.