Discussion Board
Zero2Cool
2020-02-13T12:38:43Z
Do you agree with these five things? I would say Bulaga and Clark go to the bottom ONLY because those deals can be done after the other three.

What says you?

Quote:

1. Cut Jimmy Graham.
2. Re-sign Bryan Bulaga.
3. Add another receiver
4. Clean up things at linebacker.
5. Lock up Kenny Clark.

Source: https://www.espn.com/nfl...-trades-free-agency-cuts 

UserPostedImage
KRK
  • KRK
  • Veteran Member
2020-02-13T23:15:41Z
1. Cut Graham
2. Lock up Clark
3. FA to address ILB
4. Figure out center position. Lindsley got his ass handed to him in both SF games.
5. See what is available elsewhere on the OL, if no better options sign Bulaga
6. either through the draft or FA, get another stud IDL
7. appoint KRK assistant GM
In Luce tua Videmus Lucem KRK
beast
2020-02-14T01:54:08Z
Are people really happy with CB Kevin King as a starter?

Maybe it's just me looking so hard at the scheme, but they played a huge amount of zone coverage, which in theory helped the CBs and ILBers out a ton, and gave them one less chess piece to move around up front, which could of been more aggressive with and help in blitzing, including run blitzing or clogging the line.

I just asked because the DT is getting all the blame, while struggling with getting less help, but King at times struggled and he was getting more help!

And CB is such an important position...Packers need to improve there too, and not many are talking about it.
UserPostedImage
dyeah_gb
2020-02-14T03:27:43Z
Originally Posted by: beast 

Maybe it's just me looking so hard at the scheme, but they played a huge amount of zone coverage, which in theory helped the CBs and ILBers out a ton, and gave them one less chess piece to move around up front, which could of been more aggressive with and help in blitzing, including run blitzing or clogging the line.

I just asked because the DT is getting all the blame, while struggling with getting less help, but King at times struggled and he was getting more help!

And CB is such an important position...Packers need to improve there too, and not many are talking about it.

I think the loss to SF has alot to do with the priorities on defense. The DL and LBs were so freakishly bad at stopping the run in the NFCC that Kings inconsistent play looks good in comparison. To be honest, it was a just great that he didn't have a season ending injury for a change. Maybe the coaches can help King make the next step this offseasons.
The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool - R. Feynman
KRK
  • KRK
  • Veteran Member
2020-02-14T11:36:58Z
Beast bemoaned:
Quote:

On an absolute basis, no. On a relative basis, yes.

I am unhappier on defense with:
  • ILB 1
  • ILB2
  • IDL1
  • IDL2
On offense, I am unhappier with, in no particular order,
  • RG
  • C
  • TE
  • WR

Zero2Cool
2020-02-14T12:54:43Z

I think he does more good than bad. I can't say the same for WR2 or ILB1/ILB2. Kevin King has had game winning or game assist clinching turn overs.
UserPostedImage
beast
2020-02-14T22:14:38Z
Originally Posted by: KRK 

Beast bemoaned: On an absolute basis, no. On a relative basis, yes.

I am unhappier on defense with:

• ILB 1
  • ILB2
  • IDL1
  • IDL2
On offense, I am unhappier with, in no particular order,
  • RG
  • C
  • TE
  • WR

You're more unhappy with Kenny Clark than Kevin King?
UserPostedImage
PackerTraxx
2020-02-15T00:07:36Z
I think he's unhappy with any DL not named Kenny Clark.
Why is Jerry Kramer not in the Hall of Fame?
beast
2020-02-15T01:54:12Z
Originally Posted by: PackerTraxx 

I think he's unhappy with any DL not named Kenny Clark.

I can understand that, especially since he's all about old school football and philosophy... and I'm sure he'll never be fully satisfied with the new school schemes and players, especially in the run game positions... and the ILB role as it's changed so much.

But he listed IDL1, which I thought was Kenny Clark, so I had to ask was Clark included in the worse than King.
UserPostedImage
KRK
  • KRK
  • Veteran Member
2020-02-15T16:48:00Z

You're more unhappy with Kenny Clark than Kevin King?

Please see my previous post in thread. Resigning him is my #2 priority.

PackerTraxx nailed my poorly expressed views quite well
Quote:

I think he's unhappy with any DL not named Kenny Clark.j

We need 3. We have 1
beast
2020-02-17T04:39:32Z

PackerTraxx nailed my poorly expressed views quite well We need 3. We have 1

We don't need 3 (unless injuries), because despite what the label is, we don't run a 3-4 defense (3-4 and 4-3 labels are so outdated, as all the teams are running nickel based defenses), and the Packers might of run more dime defense last year than 3 man DL defense last year.

But if Z and Gary are able to be a pass rushing DT as Z showed last year (assuming the other can hold up at OLB), they only need two very good DTs.

UserPostedImage
KRK
  • KRK
  • Veteran Member
2020-02-17T14:39:01Z
Beast bequethed
Quote:

But if Z and Gary are able to be a pass rushing DT as Z showed last year (assuming the other can hold up at OLB), they only need two very good DTs.

It would seem that we are in agreement that we need at least one more. I will leave it there.
gbguy20
2020-02-17T15:03:50Z
i dont think we should break the bank for kenny clark
Zero2Cool
2020-02-17T15:39:17Z

Please see my previous post in thread. Resigning him is my #2 priority.

PackerTraxx nailed my poorly expressed views quite well We need 3. We have 1

Three? How many teams have two??
UserPostedImage
TheKanataThrilla
2020-02-17T16:35:16Z
Originally Posted by: gbguy20 

i dont think we should break the bank for kenny clark

I think we made a mistake financially waiting so long to re-sign him. I believe he was injured during part of the season. He seemed to get healthy later in the season and it was evident in his impact on the games. We need to give the guy some help as I really think he is on the field way too much.