Barfarn
4 years ago
Don’t understand thanking the Bible’s God for the descried events; it also seems disrespectful of a supreme being.

The Bible’s God is the creator of the universe, infallible and omniscient. He sees every event from beginning to end. If true, doesn't this preclude His intervention in our lives with miracles?

Here’s the logic of the situation: (1) God saw you were going to crash and allowed it; or (2) God saw you were not going to crash and made you crash.

Then given the crash: (3) God saw that your family was going to be fine and allowed it; or (4) God saw it was going to be bad and made a little circlely wobbly motion with his hand and the family was saved.

If things happened the way in which the forces of nature command, it’s not a miracle. For it to be a miracle, “(4)” had to occur. Evangelicals pontificate of God’s divine omniscient plan and now we’re to believe God adjusted his kickass infallible plan because of one guy driving too fast for conditions? Sounds pretty arrogant, as well as disrespectful!

Hitler came close to death seven times in his life. Did God repeatedly save his ass too, so as to bring on 25 million deaths and the causing of untold misery on billions more? I hope not.

Evangelicals also have a failure of thinking regarding their overwhelming right wing extremism that they call "conservative." They say “God so loved the world…” then duplicitously ejaculate over Israel’s sodomizing of international law with violent cruelty toward Palestinians; over hating on LBGTQs; over hating on those to our south with idiotic wall talk and cruelty/separation of families at Southern Border; over support of Saudi Arabian exporting of world-wide hate, death and terrorism; over the gang-rape dry-humping of God’s planet, etc.

God states it’s actions that count, not words [James 2:14-26]. But Evangelicals testify every day that the Bible is bull-hooey because they idolize snakes like Jefferson, Adams and Madison [who adopted the philosophy] for penning words, “all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights [blah blah blah];” when in reality Jefferson, Adams and Madison’s actions characterized the exact opposite thinking [They enslaved both personally and thru their governmental behavior, murdered and politically/economically enslaved more than 90% of the US population]. And where were these weasels when the peasants fought? These founding fathers should be held up as example of what not to be; pure evil fraudulent cowardly opportunists that use flowery Biblically justifiable speech to provide them cover for self-gain and deplorable acts against humanity and God. The only difference between Trump and Jefferson-Adams-Madison is that Trump possesses the mental acuity, temperament and attention span of a "toddler," as his own staff has said. EG: Trump said after arrived in Israel from Saudi Arabia that he just got back from the Middle East. Sondland: Mr. President I’m in Kyiv; Trump: are you in Ukraine? Trump believes Frederick Douglass is alive. That he can buy Greenland. Betsy DeVos. Scott Pruitt. Trump a supposed Presbyterian didn’t know Presbyterians were Christians. My God, his letter to Erdogan! The guy is just dumb. How could a Christian could support this embarrassment? Even world leaders make fun of him constantly.

Love for someone to explain these things to me the way Jesus would, calm and rationally. Most Evangelicals get angry when faced with their own duplicity of thought and reason. See, the power of God is not demonstrated through a series of miraculous events; but by personal witness. Nonbelievers watch Christians to determine if God's power is any stronger than a random fart in the windstorm.
Cheesey
4 years ago
Ok....you don’t really want answers. You already KNOW the answers. You aren’t stupid.
What you want is to twist your preconceived ideas to blast Christians and President Trump.
No matter what I, or anyone else says you would just poo poo it with your own “holier then thou” attitude.
Tell me how a wall to keep out ILLEGAL ALIENS is bad? To try to stop the influx of criminals (which anyone entering ILLEGALLY is)?
To try to stop drugs from entering the country, how is that “evil?”
God CAN do things in our lives. He can step in and alter events. He has His angels oversee us. Does that mean that things always go right for Christians? No. Satan has rule over the earth. Man is the reason for the evil and death in the world. Man (Adam) CHOSE to sin against God. God gave man free will, and man blew it.
“For God so loved the world”.....why didn’t you finish it? Why did you take it out of context? I know why, to fit what YOU want. He gave His son so that we could be forgiven of our sin. Sin entered the world through man, and it took Jesus’ sacrifice to cover that sin.
Christian people are not perfect, just forgiven.
Satan is the ruler of the world...,for now. But his end will come.
God can and does intervene. Of course it’s up to Him when or if he does.
For us to give Him thanks when we have endured something bad, and come out we’ll in the end, how is that wrong to do in YOUR mind?
In ALL things, give thanks.
My Dad died when I was 16. I was mad at God for several years. But we ALL will die at some time. Even you and I. I am secure that I am going to Heaven. Not because I’m “so great”, or so deserving. In fact my actions in life EARNED me a spot in HELL. The GIFT of God is salvation through the spilled blood of Christ.
There were men in the Bible that hated and killed Christians. Then later in their lives realized their errors and accepted Jesus as their savior. They are in Heaven now. Jesus blood can cover ALL sins. But each person has the choice to accept or deny Him.
As far as gay people, God says to practice gay sex is a sin. It’s in the Bible. So according to the ONE that created us, you shouldn’t do it.
But it’s sin, just like other sins, and can be forgiven by Him.
We are supposed to call sin what it is, SIN.
Abortion is killing innocent unborn children. What we are allowing to happen every day is straight up murder. Hitler would be proud of our nation. Millions of innocent beings killed for no other reason then “convienience”.
I’m sure you won’t allow anything I said to sway your opinion. Your mind was made up when you posted.
UserPostedImage
KRK
  • KRK
  • Veteran Member Topic Starter
4 years ago
When words are many, transgression is not lacking....
In Luce tua Videmus Lucem KRK
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (1h) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (2h) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (12h) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (19h) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (20h) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (21h) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
beast (25-Mar) : Simply fined in the week to follow
beast (25-Mar) : I agree with one NFL official, it'll probably be like some of the helmets hits, not really called by the refs on the field but simply fined
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Hip drop is not. Super confusing. Referees job is harder
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Swivel hip drop is banned
dfosterf (25-Mar) : The hip drop enforcement will be in the form of fines, etc. Not flags
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
13h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

13h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

13h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

19h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Around The NFL / dhazer

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.